PDA

View Full Version : Pink Slip Thread.

J-Russ
08-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Cut their ass! List the players that you think needs a pink slip in their mailbox tomorrow morning.

Reeves
FAGgins
R.Smith(DC)
Weaver

TexansFight
08-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Ahman Green
Colvin
Kasey Studdard.

swtbound07
08-22-2008, 10:08 PM
cc brown.
ahman green
chris taylor
ron dayne (resign him, then cut him again)
marcel shipp
jacque reeves

ChrisG
08-22-2008, 10:17 PM
cc brown.
ahman green
chris taylor
marcel shipp
jacque reeves

that made my day

my list

Reeves
Faggins
* not that we have anyone to replace them
Green

TexansFight
08-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Add Vonta Leach to the list.

Porky
08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Anyone playing first string defense not named Williams or Ryans, and who isn't under the age of 21.:gun:

eriadoc
08-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Add Vonta Leach to the list.

I'm not willing to put him on the list after one bad game. He screwed up catching the ball, but I don't care a ton about that. It sure looked like he took the wrong assignment on that running play where Slaton got knocked backwards off the right side. Leach had a clean shot at the rusher coming into the hole, but he elected to go outside and help Winston with his guy.

Leach has some equity built up, though.

Jacoby Jones didn't make any huge mistakes tonight, but did anyone else notice how he was carrying the ball, and how he almost got the ball stripped on one of his returns? He needs to learn to protect the ball.

Thorn
08-22-2008, 11:39 PM
frigging richandar smith. If I could type as well as he could give up yardage I;'d be a best selling writer.

buddyboy
08-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Jacoby Jones didn't make any huge mistakes tonight

I respectfully disagree. On the two-point conversion, as a NFL wide reciever, you HAVE to make that catch. He had SOME seperation and he got both hands on it. Not making that catch is just disappointing, not to mention the play from two plays back where he 'bobbled' the ball in the back of the endzone.

TexansLucky13
08-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I respectfully disagree. On the two-point conversion, as a NFL wide reciever, you HAVE to make that catch. He had SOME seperation and he got both hands on it. Not making that catch is just disappointing, not to mention the play from two plays back where he 'bobbled' the ball in the back of the endzone.

Agreed. He has not developed much as a WR.

Ckw
08-22-2008, 11:45 PM
not to mention the play from two plays back where he 'bobbled' the ball in the back of the endzone.

Did you even watch the play? You obviously missed the cow pattie totally grabbing Jacoby's left arm making it nearly impossible for him to get two hands on the ball. I was amazed he even brought it down. By the time the defender let go of his arm, the ball was already near Jacoby's elbows. Rewatch it buddy.

MEGA SWATT
08-22-2008, 11:46 PM

he did not bobble the ball, that was horse shi*. The ball moved once and then was secured b/t his elbows and he got 2 steps in.....that was horrible bs.

The 2 pt conversion though, I agree that he SHOULD have made the grab.:splits:

buddyboy
08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Did you even watch the play? You obviously missed the cow pattie totally grabbing Jacoby's left arm making it nearly impossible for him to get two hands on the ball. I was amazed he even brought it down. By the time the defender let go of his arm, the ball was already near Jacoby's elbows. Rewatch it buddy.

That's why I put 'bobbled' in quotes.

Ckw
08-22-2008, 11:52 PM
That's why I put 'bobbled' in quotes.

So are you considering that "bobbled" pass Jacoby's fault or a no call on the side of the zebras?

Thorn
08-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Unless someone is gonna run and get me some food they can all be fired.

Screw 'em. I demand perfection. I demand a perectct season. I demqand a super bucking bowln now.

Everyone call can kiss my ass as far as Iam concerned.

buddyboy
08-22-2008, 11:54 PM
So are you considering that "bobbled" pass Jacoby's fault or a no call on the side of the zebras?

I'm saying that it was a no call that very well could have gone either way, with my opinion being that it was a TD. Seemed to me that he had possesion at the end, but regardless of how we saw it, that's how it played out.

Ckw
08-22-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm saying that it was a no call that very well could have gone either way, with my opinion being that it was a TD. Seemed to me that he had possesion at the end, but regardless of how we saw it, that's how it played out.

I agree with you. But I am just saying, and perhaps I do not a a full enough understanding of all the intricacies of football but I thought when i receiver has his arm held be a defender, defensive pass interference is the call. What I saw tonight was defensive pass interference in the end zone.

IlliniJen
08-23-2008, 12:00 AM

Screw 'em. I demand perfection. I demand a perectct season. I demqand a super bucking bowln now.

Drinking tonight?

Thorn
08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Drinking tonight?

Yes, I am. Is that a problem. LOL

It's the weekend after all.

dalemurphy
08-23-2008, 12:18 AM
You guys know how I feel about Salaam... After watching that fiasco tonight, I'd take Salaam, Victor Riley, Jimmy Herndon, and just about any stiff that has ever walked through the Texan doors rather than that scrub of a player Studdard. What a joke!!!

BSofA04
08-23-2008, 12:54 AM
You guys know how I feel about Salaam... After watching that fiasco tonight, I'd take Salaam, Victor Riley, Jimmy Herndon, and just about any stiff that has ever walked through the Texan doors rather than that scrub of a player Studdard. What a joke!!!

Studdard has potential...don't give up on him yet. He takes things personal and he'll give as much heart and effort as anyone on the field. He'll become a quality guard in this league.

My pinkslips are..
1) Faggins
2) Cook (did you really need to give us a reason?)

RTP2110
08-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Green
Reeves & Faggins - just throw Molden out there, he cant be any worse
Weaver - really, would you miss him??

dalemurphy
08-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Studdard has potential...don't give up on him yet. He takes things personal and he'll give as much heart and effort as anyone on the field. He'll become a quality guard in this league.

My pinkslips are..
1) Faggins
2) Cook (did you really need to give us a reason?)

Faggins was one of the best defensive players out there tonight.

And I'm not sure what potential Studdard has. I thought that as well based on the enthusiasm of Kubiak. However, he's unathletic, fat, slow, has very short arms, and consistantly gets his ass kicked on the field.

eriadoc
08-23-2008, 01:27 AM
My point on JJ, as I posted, was that he didn't make any huge mistakes. If bobbling a tough catch in the back of the end zone with a defender on him tight and the boundary line is a huge mistake, or if the failed 2-pt. conversion is a huge mistake, then what were the fumbles over the first two games?

JJ didn't acquit himself well as a WR, but we all know he's the #4 at best, and probably #5 guy. It was his method of carrying the ball that concerned me more than anything he did tonight. He had one decent return, and he had a failed two-point conversion that he probably should have caught. *shrug*

76Texan
08-23-2008, 01:49 AM
My point on JJ, as I posted, was that he didn't make any huge mistakes. If bobbling a tough catch in the back of the end zone with a defender on him tight and the boundary line is a huge mistake, or if the failed 2-pt. conversion is a huge mistake, then what were the fumbles over the first two games?

JJ didn't acquit himself well as a WR, but we all know he's the #4 at best, and probably #5 guy. It was his method of carrying the ball that concerned me more than anything he did tonight. He had one decent return, and he had a failed two-point conversion that he probably should have caught. *shrug*

Come on, 52 yd is more than a decent return! :specnatz:

He set us up at the Girls' 44 yd line as we trailed 16-23
And yeah, we went on and scored that TD!

Lucky
08-23-2008, 01:50 AM
And I'm not sure what potential Studdard has.
dale, Studdard had played pretty well against the B-teamers this preseason. He got a chance to lineup against the varsity tonight, and was exposed. The Texans are pretty deep at tackle (I didn't think I would ever say that), so maybe Frye can get some reps at guard vs Tampa Bay?

bollocks
08-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Reeves
Studdard
Jones
Green
Richard Smith
Weaver

That would be a good start in my opinion.

BSofA04
08-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Faggins was one of the best defensive players out there tonight.

And I'm not sure what potential Studdard has. I thought that as well based on the enthusiasm of Kubiak. However, he's unathletic, fat, slow, has very short arms, and consistantly gets his ass kicked on the field.

If you look over the long haul, Faggins has been saving face for a while now. One semi-decent game won't save him from the boot! He's had plenty of games to prove himself, even against inferior competition. Problem is, he fails to prove he belongs. Thus....goodbye!!!

As far as Studdard...not his best effort tonight, but for sure a campaign where Kubiak understands his potential. He didn't exactly go against the Cardinals, but he could have had a better outing. However, you can't really complain about the effort put fourth against a superior team such as the Cowboys.

Ole Miss Texan
08-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Jacoby Jones didn't make any huge mistakes tonight, but did anyone else notice how he was carrying the ball, and how he almost got the ball stripped on one of his returns? He needs to learn to protect the ball.

He carries the ball like that EVERY SINGLE TIME he returns a punt. It makes me extremely upset and he has to change that. The thing that makes me the most upset is that Joe Marciano HAS to be teaching him and telling him that is the worst possible way to carry a ball when returning... and Jacoby hasn't learned to change it. No coach will ever tell him that its okay to carry it like that. He's done it since day 1 and he coninued it tonight... and it needs to change.

dalemurphy
08-23-2008, 04:31 AM
If you look over the long haul, Faggins has been saving face for a while now. One semi-decent game won't save him from the boot! He's had plenty of games to prove himself, even against inferior competition. Problem is, he fails to prove he belongs. Thus....goodbye!!!

As far as Studdard...not his best effort tonight, but for sure a campaign where Kubiak understands his potential. He didn't exactly go against the Cardinals, but he could have had a better outing. However, you can't really complain about the effort put fourth against a superior team such as the Cowboys.

The fact that Studdard gave good effort is hardly comforting regarding his performance. The results of his effort is really bad due to the fact that he appears to be a bad technician and a bad athlete. That's not a recipe for success.

beerlover
08-23-2008, 05:39 AM
The fact that Studdard gave good effort is hardly comforting regarding his performance. The results of his effort is really bad due to the fact that he appears to be a bad technician and a bad athlete. That's not a recipe for success.

pretty much what I'd expect from a 6th rd. pick. yeah Kasey lacks foot speed, hand technique & not the best athlete but he is competitive & aggressive you need these type of guys, one to balance the salary cap two for depth & three for pre-season :)

here was my list after the 2nd preseason game-

FB Jameel Cook
LB Ben Moffit
DL Jesse Nading
OL Cliff Washburn
WR Darnell Jenkins

still seems ok to me but based on last nights performance y'all are coming up with completely different combinations (most are just plain funny) but seriously folks....

Malloy
08-23-2008, 06:56 AM

Cheers mate, let me get you another one :)

nero THE zero
08-23-2008, 07:20 AM
I don't understand why people keep listing Faggins. He was a total liability last season but he played a hell of a game tonight. He had some nice PD and played extremely well in run support.

To the contrary, I think he played himself onto the team tonight

Thorn
08-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Cheers mate, let me get you another one :)

Itís always both amusing and embarrassing to come in here the day after to see what Iíve done. LOL

Rasputin
08-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Ahman Green
Chris Brown
A. Weaver

forcefollow
08-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Jaque "burnt toast" Reeves
Ahman Green

nunusguy
08-23-2008, 10:47 AM
You're right dalemurphy, it also takes talent. In this league it's not enough that you play with heart and try real hard. And he's just never been a fit in this system, which makes it even more challenging for a player with marginal talent at best. He would really have a better opportunity for NFL success
in a system thats more suited to his style of play.

cuppacoffee
08-24-2008, 01:53 AM
I don't understand why people keep listing Faggins. He was a total liability last season but he played a hell of a game tonight. He had some nice PD and played extremely well in run support.

Kinda what I was thinking.

cac

Joe Texan
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
From the looks at your lists I can see why your here and not there

This one really fit

I am afriad our youth have completely gone wacky

AnthonyE
08-24-2008, 02:16 AM

Same here. He's been playing his heart out this whole preseason to make the team, I think. He's a good nickle or dime corner, and he played pretty well last night. He's made good tackles in special teams and he even deflected a few passes. He's forced a few fumbles in special teams in the past few years as well. Everyone needs to quit seeing him as the awful starting CB, and they need to see him as a good guy who's good against guys of his own caliber. Being mad at him for trying to cover a wideout with 4.3 speed isn't fair.

Anyway, here's my list.

Richard Smith
Reeves
Weaver
Does Richard Justice count? If so, then him too.
Ahman Green, I guess. :P

HJam72
08-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Trade all those guys for PBuch, and then cut him.

J-Russ
09-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Was hoping this wouldn't need to be brought back...

New candidates for pink slips:

Schaub
Richard Smith.... still
& Kubiak: you better start making some better ****ing decisions, on and off the field or you're freakin history. No more ****ing around.