PDA

View Full Version : There Are No QB's in the NFC North.

brakos82
08-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Tavaris Jackson
Kyle Orton
Aaron Rodgers
Jon Kitna

Those are the four QB's expected to start for the four NFC North teams. :mcnugget:
I think there are five QB's in our division (yes, even Sausage Boy) who could beat these guys out for the starting job at this point.
Rodgers has potential, but he's no #4.
Kitna thinks he'll win 10 games every single year.
Jackson has a stellar team around him.
Orton... he has Devin Hester I guess.

Our division's going 11-5 or better against these guys. Write it down. :shades:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Tavaris Jackson
Kyle Orton
Aaron Rodgers
Jon Kitna

Those are the four QB's expected to start for the four NFC North teams. :mcnugget:
I think there are five QB's in our division (yes, even Sausage Boy) who could beat these guys out for the starting job at this point.
Rodgers has potential, but he's no #4.
Kitna thinks he'll win 10 games every single year.
Jackson has a stellar team around him.
Orton... he has Devin Hester I guess.

Our division's going 11-5 or better against these guys. Write it down. :shades:

How do they play the games with no QB's? :thinking:

brakos82
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, figuratively speaking...

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 04:02 PM

Ask a titan fan they could answer that.

WWJD
08-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Goodness..when Brett left the Packers there was post after post on his thread about Aaron being fine...the Pack would do just fine with him...

Actually I think when you have a good TEAM you can work around less than excellent QB play and I suspect that's what the Pack will do.

Kitna is not that bad...he's not the best but he's servicable.

Orton the same.

Minnesota is in deep doo-doo. Run Vikes Run!

hadaad
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
For what it's worth, Kitna's QB Rating is perfect in the preseason.

Sideline
08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Minnesota is in deep doo-doo. Run Vikes Run!

To be fair, I think Jackson is in one of the better situations. I think he has some talent, can buy time with his legs and will put up some good numbers running while also having the Quarterbacks best friend in an excellent run game, he has one of the best play action situations in the league, not to mention a kick ass D on paper.

WWJD
08-20-2008, 06:09 PM
To be fair, I think Jackson is in one of the better situations. I think he has some talent, can buy time with his legs and will put up some good numbers running while also having the Quarterbacks best friend in an excellent run game, he has one of the best play action situations in the league, not to mention a kick ass D on paper.

If he's the kid that played last year...the one game I saw him play was against the Cowboys and he was maybe the worse QB I've ever seen...nobody could figure out why they weren't running and were throwing.

They do have a solid team around him though.

And to be fair I only saw that one game of theirs. IF that's even the same guy....

Texecutioner
08-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't say that they have no QB's yet. No one knows how good Rogers will just yet. He might have a good season.

Jackson has room to improve. He is a second year player, but most likely he won't amount to much.

eriadoc
08-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Jackson is going to better than people are thinking, IMO. Kitna is at least as good as Sage Rosenfels, and definitely has more credentials. Rodgers looked good in the first preseason game, then he looked like crap in the second one. We'll see. The Bears would be better off with Shane Boyd.

Hervoyel
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Kitna is the Roger Staubach of that group. He's the Terry Bradshaw of the NFC North in 2008.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2008, 10:42 PM
yup, pointed this out when people were talking about how brutal our schedule was back when it was released. our division schedule is brutal (what else is new?) but other than that, its pretty light to be honest. pittsburgh and cleveland are both very beatable. pretty much our toughest games are all divisional matchups....it just happens to be all 6 are gonna be total battles.

who knows? maybe our division goes in the crapper in this year and we become the biggest beneficiary of this. i gotta say this is the first time that Indy doesn't feel like the runaway winner of the AFC South...and I am not that sold on the Jags either.