PDA

View Full Version : Jags against Miami

brakos82
08-18-2008, 04:45 PM
I hope for the fourteen remaining Jaguars fans that Del Rio decided to not go after the Dolphins this weekend. They left the door open for noodle-arm Pennington and an uninspiring defense. The defense in the 1st didn't look like the Jags D that I would've expected to see.

That being said, I wouldn't mind our games against them looking like that... :shades:

Ole Miss Texan
08-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Has the DE from Florida signed yet? (I'm drawing a blank... need more sugar)

brakos82
08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Has the DE from Florida signed yet? (I'm drawing a blank... need more sugar)
Not that I've heard... still in a holdout.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 05:03 PM
If they don't get that guy signed soon, it could deplete their fan base..... :user: Oh wait..........

brakos82
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
If they don't get that guy signed soon, it could deplete their fan base..... :user: Oh wait..........
Fourteen, Thirteen, Twelve... :user:

hadaad
08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Isn't his name Derrick Harvey?

They drafted another end a little later on.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 05:20 PM
8th overall: Jacksonville (From Ravens)- Derrick Harvey, DE Florida
52nd overall: Jacksonville (From Buccaneers) - Quentin Groves, DE Auburn

Blazing Arrow
08-18-2008, 05:32 PM

I hear they keep offering him tarps as a bonus ...

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
They hear they keep offering him tarps as a bonus ...

I heard they were willing to throw in an axe also....... :headhurts:

TheRealJoker
08-18-2008, 06:08 PM
They gave up quite a bit for Harvey. It would be a shame if that went to his head and he decided to hold out because he thinks the Jags "need" him.

No rookie should be allowed to think an NFL team "needs" them.

Ole Miss Texan
08-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Harvey... thanks guys. Apparently their still about a million bucks away from each other and I can see some players, coaches, and fans really getting upset.

“From what I heard, they’re a million away,” defensive end Paul Spicer said. “If you’re a million away, the only guy who benefits is the agent.

“Take that,” Spicer said. “Tell your agent I’m tired of sitting at home. It’s time to put the toys away, be a man and get down to business.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

TheRealJoker
08-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Your teammates dont like it when you're holding out before you've proven anything in the NFL...

Texecutioner
08-19-2008, 12:04 AM
The Jags are having all kinds of problems this off season. Their top rookie that they gave up quite a bit for isn't being signed. Most of the time when top rookies hold out for a while, they don't have to great of a rookies season.

Porter has been hurt all throughout camp and won't be able to develop that early chemistry with Garrard.

Jones gets a coke charge.

Williams gets hurt for a few weeks in pre season as well.

Things have not looked well at all for the Jags approaching this season. I'll drink to that any day. :drunk:

J-Russ
08-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Countless Harvey threads

All should be Haiku-hijacked

Then we can drink beer

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic584115-6-2.aspx

The whole situation with signing Harvey has become a poetic joke to them.

Now they're using Haikus to unleash their fury.

My input on this situation:

Harvey has not sign
Jag's fans on suicide watch
someone stop this madness

kastofsna
09-02-2008, 02:14 AM
he signed btw