PDA

View Full Version : Zbs?

Malloy
08-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Morning y'all. I did not have a chance to watch saturdays game against the Saints and was wondering if our ZBS was utilized? If it was how did it look ?

barrett
08-18-2008, 05:46 AM
it looked better than week one. Pitts, Meyers, Brisel and Winston are looking more and more comfortable. Brown continues to look very capable in pass protection. His run blocking IS improving so all is well on the 1's. We're ahead of schedule. Rashard Butler looked just as impressive this week as last. Studdard improved, Eslinger is doing the Flannigan. He's just in there because we're running Chris White at LG but I'm pretty sure White will be the backup Center. Jury is out on Frye. He looked good last week and so-so this week.

the running backs are still not showing good vision. Slaton improved. looked more aggressive. Taylor was hit or miss. Same could be said for brown.

Malloy
08-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Cool Barrett, thanks mate!

Implementing the ZBS is a work in progress, any progression is good imo. Cant wait to see if we 'take it up a notch' once the regular season starts.

barrett
08-18-2008, 05:54 AM
i'm expecting at least one notch per week. initially i expect a few setbacks next week because it'll be our first chance to run it against a 3-4. but i think you can expect to see improvement every week.

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2008, 08:44 AM
i'm expecting at least one notch per week. initially i expect a few setbacks next week because it'll be our first chance to run it against a 3-4. but i think you can expect to see improvement every week.

Going against the 3-4 maintains the same ZBS principles. However, there are some very significant assignment differences.

I came across this excellent explanation of the ZBS (old post on Buckeye Planet message board), including specifically going against the 3-4. [LINK] (http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/blogs/25768-o-line-schemes-zone-blocking-vs-drive-blocking.html)