PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for Texans Gear in Austin(again)

atxlaurie
08-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Sigh...once again...Is there a good place in lousy Austin to get Texans gear? I stupidly wasted time and gas today and went to lame a** Academy on Brodie and they don't have ANYTHING related to the Texans. Not even a frikkin' koozie. The two people working there I asked looked at me like I was asking for something illegal. Both of them happily told me they had Cowboys stuff though. WooHoo! Boycotting Academy from now on.

BigWig
08-18-2008, 08:24 AM
I have tried for years to get stuff here in Austin. I am a huge Walmart boycotting kind of guy and had a spy check there because I heard in Htown Wally World sold stuff. Once I found kids stuff for Texans in Target off of Mopac and 290 but no gear for a 6'2" big wig kinda guy. The very firts year Academy had some stuff but that changed to Titans, Cowboys, Longhors,Aggies only after we had a few sucky seasons. I heard of a new Sports Authority in the Southpark Meadows but have yet to go there based on principle.
Amnyway I just buy all my gear on line. If you need some sources there let me know.
PS I may have a few polos I can sell, I have way too many!

atxlaurie
08-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, pretty lame. Maybe when we win our first playoff game this year, they'll all jump on the bandwagon...or maybe not.

rockabilly
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM
...i found a beach towel at a walgreens...haha

Hardcore Texan
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I had luck at Marshalls last year, got a great Battle Red Demeco jersey (replica) for $25, was supposed to be something wrong with it but it looks perfect. They also had fitted hats. I check in July and they didn't have hardly any football stuff and nothing Texans. I am hoping once the season starts or gets closer they continue to have stuff this year.

Last year during football season, I went to the RR outlet mall, to the Reebok store and they had more bengals, chargers, cowboys, titans stuff than anything. They had like two pieces of Texans gear, I was very disappointed, the clerk decided to try and educate me about the Texans and that they are no good and that's why they don't carry the stuff. My wife had to convince me to leave after he had me ready to go off, he did shut his piehole after I started giving him stats and he realized I knew the team way beyond what he did. All my wife wanted that day was woman's t-shirt of our team and she could not find one article of clothing for women that was Texans related.

nunusguy
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
I live here in Houston, in the Clear Lake area, and I went to the local Academy and found texans' gear, but guess which player seemed to have the most products ? #9 for the Cowboys.

Hookem Horns
08-18-2008, 12:57 PM
www.ebay.com

J-Russ
08-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Fanzz in Highland have added Mario Williams deep steel blue jersey and new Texans sideline hat and draft hat to their inventory with Andre deep steel blue already being there. Theres a section of Texans shirts, and longsleeve too, plus hoodies.

If you want a Texans goldmine, head over to Reebok store in the outlet. They always have a bunch of Texans stuff. Yesterday I went in and saw Schuab and Andre battle red and white jerseys. Plus I saw pretty spiffy white Texans windbreaker jacket along with abunch of shirts and longsleeves. A huge section just for the Texans, then in the back is jerseys of other team, but the store is mainly Texans.

Texan JBZ
08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Try nflshop.com

Rasputin
08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Here's a weird but true story....HEB in the Wells Branch area was selling Kleenex boxes with Texans (and Cowboys) logos on them a couple of months ago. Even though I really didn't need any tissues, I bought like 10 boxes of the Texan version just to show the folks at HEB that Texan product will sell. Cashier must of thought I had one monster of a headcold.

Anyhow, I buy my Texan shirts and other gear online.

Once the winning starts, the gear will show up in stores. At least 70% of folks are bandwagon jumpers.

Showtime100
08-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Sigh...once again...Is there a good place in lousy Austin to get Texans gear? I stupidly wasted time and gas today and went to lame a** Academy on Brodie and they don't have ANYTHING related to the Texans. Not even a frikkin' koozie. The two people working there I asked looked at me like I was asking for something illegal. Both of them happily told me they had Cowboys stuff though. WooHoo! Boycotting Academy from now on.

That is always the response I get after they quit chuckling and I ask why the laughter. I've tried every Academy and nothing. I would guess Walmart might have a token shirt or two but I wouldn't count on it lasting the season unless you hand wash them.

Texan_Bill
08-18-2008, 05:24 PM
That is always the response I get after they quit chuckling and I ask why the laughter. I've tried every Academy and nothing. I would guess Walmart might have a token shirt or two but I wouldn't count on it lasting the season unless you hand wash them.

What is this 'washing' you speak of??? My t-shirts sport the Funk-o-Bill fragrance...

Showtime100
08-18-2008, 05:29 PM
What is this 'washing' you speak of??? My t-shirts sport the Funk-o-Bill fragrance...

LOL. They have those at Walmart too. No hangers neccessary.

Hardcore Texan
08-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Here's a weird but true story....HEB in the Wells Branch area was selling Kleenex boxes with Texans (and Cowboys) logos on them a couple of months ago. Even though I really didn't need any tissues, I bought like 10 boxes of the Texan version just to show the folks at HEB that Texan product will sell. Cashier must of thought I had one monster of a headcold.

Once the winning starts, the gear will show up in stores. At least 70% of folks are bandwagon jumpers.

LOL, I have a box of those tissues on my desk at work. :fans:

Hookem Horns
08-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I bought Cowboys Kleenex at HEB last year before the Giants/Cowboys playoff game. I thought it would be cool for all my Cowboy buddys to have their own team Kleenex box because I knew they would be crying after the game. When Romo threw that game ending INT I grabbed the box and started passing it around. Little did I know that TO would be needing that box of Kleenex during his post game press interview. Thinking of that moment almost brings tears to my eyes (tears of joy however tears nevertheless).

atxlaurie
08-19-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys.

And speaking of cowgirl fans...when they bash our team, are they forgetting that their lousy team hasn't really done anything since Aikman days?

I've had to remind two cowgirl fans of this fact in the past few days. One guy mumbled and bumbled all over himself trying to respond back to me and the other guy was just silent.

valleytexfan
08-19-2008, 01:52 AM

I did the same down here in the RGV...bought about 12 of them... :D

GuerillaBlack
08-19-2008, 02:01 AM
I have tried for years to get stuff here in Austin. I am a huge Walmart boycotting kind of guy and had a spy check there because I heard in Htown Wally World sold stuff. Once I found kids stuff for Texans in Target off of Mopac and 290 but no gear for a 6'2" big wig kinda guy. The very firts year Academy had some stuff but that changed to Titans, Cowboys, Longhors,Aggies only after we had a few sucky seasons. I heard of a new Sports Authority in the Southpark Meadows but have yet to go there based on principle.
Amnyway I just buy all my gear on line. If you need some sources there let me know.

Even in Houston (Katy at least), the Sports Authority has a shining wall of Cowboys gear. The Texans are reduced to just racks (which, the Cowboys have also). Makes me sick.

Mean Machine
08-21-2008, 12:34 PM
My son and I hit the outlet mall in Round Rock last nite, specifically the Reebok store:
they had Battle Red Schaub, Andre, Mario jerseys, 25% 69.99
Also had some nice t shirts and a real nice white jacket.
All NFL gear there is 25% off.

Not too bad.

The new Academy on 1431 is a JOKE...tons of Astros, and 3 Texans hats, that's it.
I'm writing Academy today tell them they get their act together with carrying Texans stuff or all my sporting good business is going elsewhere.

NitroGSXR
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Fanzz in Highland have added Mario Williams deep steel blue jersey and new Texans sideline hat and draft hat to their inventory with Andre deep steel blue already being there. Theres a section of Texans shirts, and longsleeve too, plus hoodies.

If you want a Texans goldmine, head over to Reebok store in the outlet. They always have a bunch of Texans stuff. Yesterday I went in and saw Schuab and Andre battle red and white jerseys. Plus I saw pretty spiffy white Texans windbreaker jacket along with abunch of shirts and longsleeves. A huge section just for the Texans, then in the back is jerseys of other team, but the store is mainly Texans.
I was just at the Reebok outlet in San Marcos and I purchased every single kids piece of Texans clothing (sans the Jerseys, epensive) in the store as a part of my boy's new school clothing ensemble. They had five different pieces of clothes. Two t-shirts and two pull overs and an awesome windbreaker.

I saw four jerseys, Green, Williams, Schaub, and Johnson. Their selection for the adults was ridiculously small. Two shirts. I got the Texans tennis shoes so that was cool but I wouldn't be calling it a goldmine of any sort. Just make the drive to Houston for Texans gear. That's my advice and I'm sticking to it.

Target has a real nice selection as well as Kohls when the holidays or regular season flares up. Head on over there in a couple of weeks and you may be happy with Texans decor for the home.

HEB... I bought about thirty of those kleenex boxes. They were a buck a piece.

J-Russ
08-21-2008, 01:02 PM
You saw a Williams jersey? I went there acouple of days ago(sunday I think) and didn't see Williams or Green. Was there a battle red Williams jersey? Been looking around Austin for one of those.

NitroGSXR
08-21-2008, 01:09 PM
You saw a Williams jersey? I went there acouple of days ago(sunday I think) and didn't see Williams or Green. Was there a battle red Williams jersey? Been looking around Austin for one of those.
They absolutely had several Mario Williams jerseys. White and Red for sure. Blue, I can't remember if that was in stock but they definitely had several. $64.99.

The Reebok store at the Tanger Outlet in San Marcos. Exit 200 off 35 South.

J-Russ
08-21-2008, 01:17 PM
They absolutely had several Mario Williams jerseys. White and Red for sure. Blue, I can't remember if that was in stock but they definitely had several. $64.99.

The Reebok store at the Tanger Outlet in San Marcos. Exit 200 off 35 South.

Oh, I mis-read you're post. I thought you meant in Austin. I gotta go check out the outlet in San Marcos though. Thanks for the heads-up.

Showtime100
08-21-2008, 05:47 PM
The new Academy on 1431 is a JOKE...tons of Astros, and 3 Texans hats, that's it.
I'm writing Academy today tell them they get their act together with carrying Texans stuff or all my sporting good business is going elsewhere.

I might go check that out. Thanks.

Specnatz
08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I have tried for years to get stuff here in Austin. I am a huge Walmart boycotting kind of guy and had a spy check there because I heard in Htown Wally World sold stuff. Once I found kids stuff for Texans in Target off of Mopac and 290 but no gear for a 6'2" big wig kinda guy. The very firts year Academy had some stuff but that changed to Titans, Cowboys, Longhors,Aggies only after we had a few sucky seasons. I heard of a new Sports Authority in the Southpark Meadows but have yet to go there based on principle. Amnyway I just buy all my gear on line. If you need some sources there let me know.

Do not bother it is total crap. Maybe 10 items of cowgirl crap and the rest is the local college team.

Hook'er
08-25-2008, 08:23 AM
I just got a new Texans shirt & hat from Fanzz, in Lakeline Mall. (spent like $50) I didn't even look at the jersey's (I prefer authentic), but they had like 3 or 4 different Texan hats & 6 or 7 different Texans shirts. Normally I can find a better price on Texans gear at the local Burlenton, but nothing Texans so far...............I've already checked 2 or 3 times.:texflag: