PDA

View Full Version : NFLN Highlights

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2008, 01:44 PM
So, I generally don't ascribe to the "ESPN/NFLN hates us and doesn't respect us" school of conspiracy theories.

But...

In the between game highlights where they quickly go through the highlights of all the games, was anyone else ticked off that they only showed two highlights from the Texans/Saints game? The first is the Bush hurdling Reeves TD and the other is the Colston over Fletcher TD. We won the game. We had a great performance by Schaub, a great performance by Walter, some good stuff from Slaton. And nothing.

Mailman
08-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I thought that was ridiculous, but they only showed those highlights because Bush and Colston are stars and AJ didn't play.

Thorn
08-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Our time will come.

MEGA SWATT
08-17-2008, 02:14 PM
agreed

on the nfl.com 10-game Saturday recap, NO TEXANS highlights. They were gushing over the saints and Reggie Bush's leap to the endzone. They said "they're READY for the regular season, however the texans get it done":scarygirl: .

Then as they faded away someone said, the texans are ready also--barely got that in before they loaded the next game's hi-lights.

Now, they did have a seperate video on how matt schaub picked apart the saints but it was STILL COMICAL to me that the Texans got dissed on the 10 game Saturday recap clip.

I love that the Texans are a real, legitimate team...but the bias is still there and brace yourself for more one-sided coverage.

Thorn
08-17-2008, 02:20 PM
This type of coverage is what we'll get nationally until the Texans have a winning season and do something in the playoffs. That's just the way it is.

Webbster
08-17-2008, 02:22 PM
After watching the Highlights. I can't wait for tomorrow after work.

get home...
Have Dinner...
Play with the kiddos and wear them out...
Put the kiddos to bed...
Settle in on the couch with Mama and watch my team play some Football...

Life is GOOD!!! :smiliedance:

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Then as they faded away someone said, the texans are ready also--barely got that in before they loaded the next game's hi-lights.

That was Jamie Dukes, btw.

Lot of people have been ragging on Jamie recently because he hasn't been giving us a lotta love.

Andrew6
08-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Let every team we play show up in the high lights as long as we get a win.

ReliantTexan
08-17-2008, 04:37 PM
And What was so great about Reggie's TD, he hurdled one defender. whoopty friggin do. And they don't even mention that Schaub went 14-16 for 187 and 2 TDs.:shrug:

stiff
08-17-2008, 04:51 PM
And they don't even mention that Schaub went 14-16 for 187 and 2 TDs.:shrug:

Shhh lets keep it quiet for now until the regular season then we will be the suprise of the NFL! People will start to take notice after the Texans beat the Steelers in week 1.

Insideop
08-17-2008, 04:58 PM
I guess our players are just not exciting enough for them. We are just a "meat and potato" kind of team. Our players are too low key. They just go out and do their job and stay out of trouble. But that's ok! I'll take that and a win any day of the week!

This "media bias" thing with Houston sports has been going on a long time and I guess I just don't concern myself with it anymore. As long as we have good strong competitive teams that play hard and are in the running for championships (and winning some like the Rockets) I'll be satisfied. I'm just waiting on the Texans (and Stros)to bring one home for us! :trophy: I guess a few more would be nice too! :shades:

Specnatz
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
This type of coverage is what we'll get nationally until the Texans have a winning season and do something in the playoffs. That's just the way it is.

Really? How many winning seasons have the Saints had?

Second Honeymoon
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
There is no media bias against Houston. The closest there ever came to being media bias was when Hakeem schooled Ewing in the NBA Finals. Everyone (including the refs) wanted the Knicks to win and it was looked at as a foregone conclusion by the media at large.

Bush gets a lot of hype because he is a Heisman trophy/National Championship winner out of USC (Los Angeles) and because he is a fresh face (industry term) and sleeps with errrrrrr dates Kim KardASSian....plus the whole New Orleans renaissance gives him some sentimental stories.

Once our team has some success we will get our attention. Coverage does not have to be equal. This isn't communism, its sports media coverage...Until we are relevant we shouldn't expect much national love. I have been happy with most analysts opinions of the Texans and I have heard a few even use the word playoffs when describing our team.

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2008, 06:46 PM
I actually watched them play their highlights again and we weren't the only team that was "shorted' in the highlight reels.

I only noticed that we got slighted because I was wanting to see some of our great plays on the big screen and... zip... nada. But they did it to other teams, too.

aj.
08-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Looks like selective dis complex to me.

I saw the highlights of Bush and Colston's TDs in the opening (both fabulous plays worthy of highlight material), but I also saw them talk about Schaub's performance and show the TD to Walter when they reviewed the game. Don't lose track of the fact that the Texans trailed at halftime.

I also heard Jamie Dukes counter Mooch's point about Dallas' 17 pro bowlers with a bigass 'who cares, because TO is probably the only guy on that team who has won a playoff game.' Does he still suck and is still a big windbag looking for a buffet now that he made that statement? Or does that make him insightful....

Mooch really needs to lay off the Favre thing. It's getting to the point of creepyness....

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Looks like selective dis complex to me.

I saw the highlights of Bush and Colston's TDs in the opening (both fabulous plays worthy of highlight material), but I also saw them talk about Schaub's performance and show the TD to Walter when they reviewed the game. Don't lose track of the fact that the Texans trailed at halftime.

I also heard Jamie Dukes counter Mooch's point about Dallas' 17 pro bowlers with a bigass 'who cares, because TO is probably the only guy on that team who has won a playoff game.' Does he still suck and is still a big windbag looking for a buffet now that he made that statement? Or does that make him insightful....

Mooch really needs to lay off the Favre thing. It's getting to the point of creepyness....

Actually, you were looking at the FULL highlights that they just ran as part of Total Access. That's different than the quick highlights that they were showing between games.

GuerillaBlack
08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Besides maybe Schaub's big pass to Walter, or David Anderson's big play, what else would they have shown for quick highlights?

aj.
08-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Bush and Colston's TDs had more wow factor than Leach and Walter's, although Walter's was a great play all around. But sometimes (as NO knows) 'wow' gets you on halftime highlights with a L.

I just don't buy into the notion that there are a group of evil trolls sitting in network cutting rooms all across the nation conspiring against the Texans and rubbing their hands together saying 'how can we dis them now...' hooo ha hahhh hahhhhh.

And NO was ahead at the half.

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Besides maybe Schaub's big pass to Walter, or David Anderson's big play, what else would they have shown for quick highlights?

They could have at least mentioned Schaub's passing performance.

ObsiWan
08-17-2008, 09:38 PM

Exactly. Out of all of our plays, what exactly would you consider highlight material?
Chris Taylor's one yd plunge?
Slaton's 10 yd TD run?
Leach's 1 yd catch?
Every day stuff.

besides, I'd rather win the game and have few highlights over leading the league in highlights while losing.

ObsiWan
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Bush and Colston's TDs had more wow factor than Leach and Walter's, although Walter's was a great play all around. But sometimes (as NO knows) 'wow' gets you on halftime highlights with a L.

I just don't buy into the notion that there are a group of evil trolls sitting in network cutting rooms all across the nation conspiring against the Texans and rubbing their hands together saying 'how can we dis them now...' hooo ha hahhh hahhhhh.

And NO was ahead at the half.

we never said they were trolls
:D

ReliantTexan
08-17-2008, 10:17 PM
I'd rather win the game and have few highlights over leading the league in highlights while losing.That's just it they won the game and yet no Texans highlights. You have to show how they won the game, and I think the first TD of the game should be among the highlights.

Thorn
08-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Really? How many winning seasons have the Saints had?

Very few, but recent.