PDA

View Full Version : Duane Brown game 2 opinions

TheRealJoker
08-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Lets keep track of our 1st round pick. IMO he did even better in this game, and that was against Will Smith. He kept Schaub from being pressured all game and he even pulled and pancaked some DBs on a couple occasions. This guy is a steal.

TexanSam
08-16-2008, 11:46 PM
The guy has been pretty damn good these first two preseason games. I'm excited to see him next week against the Cowboys. The 3rd game of the preseason is the one that the coaches try to prepare like it's a real game. Plus he goes against DeMarcus Ware.

TheRealJoker
08-16-2008, 11:50 PM
The guy has been pretty damn good these first two preseason games. I'm excited to see him next week against the Cowboys. The 3rd game of the preseason is the one that the coaches try to prepare like it's a real game. Plus he goes against DeMarcus Ware.

This one is going to be the toughest matchup. Ware is one of the best players in the league and the ZBS normally has problems against 3-4 fronts. If Brown neutralizes Ware like he did Dumervil and Smith I will bow down and virtually kiss the feet of our starting LT!!!

Hervoyel
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
The man is holding his own and I think he's ready for a tougher test. Like you said he'll get it next week.

He's the right man for the job though. That's what I think. Excellent pick IMO and I was really annoyed that we didn't take the RB when he fell to us. I've pretty much been against every pick since Mario and I've been wrong about every one so I'm starting to take it as a good sign that if I'm ticked about the guy the Texans chose then we'll be ok.

D-Frank
08-17-2008, 12:16 AM
at this time in charles spencer rook year how did he compare to d brown?

mexican_texan
08-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Early in the game, I was concerned at how he and Winston were allowing Smith and Grant to get so much penetration, but they got better and were going against two very good DE's. Overall, I'm impressed and I'm already dreading the day we have to re-sign him to a huge deal.

Carr Bombed
08-17-2008, 12:32 AM

Charles Spencer looked very good.......he was even dominant at times. Oh what could've been, what could've been, thanks alot Mr. Dayne. :gun:

I think Spencer could've developed into a Willie Roaf like LT......he was huge, strong as a ox, but still had quick feet.

beerlover
08-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Duane also looked good pulling in the run game, more than once he was breaking into the 2nd level which means he is getting comfortable in Gibbs ZBS & he's athletic in space. Have not watched Jake Long for the Dolphins yet but Rick Smith really maxed out the 18th pick :)

Corrosion
08-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Brown's been thrown to the wolves in these first two preseason games and looks like a real solid pick thus far .

As good as he's looked we have to keep in mind that this is pre-season and defenses dont show much in stunts & blitzes . Next week against the Cowpies we'll see about as much as we can expect to see in a defense before the real games begin , not to mention he will have to deal with DeMarcus Ware who's a real solid player . Ill be watching Brown closely on Friday.

TexanSam
08-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Duane also looked good pulling in the run game, more than once he was breaking into the 2nd level which means he is getting comfortable in Gibbs ZBS & he's athletic in space. Have not watched Jake Long for the Dolphins yet but Rick Smith really maxed out the 18th pick :)

Good thing Chris Williams didn't fall to us...he may be out for the season with the Bears

BornOrange
08-17-2008, 12:56 AM
So far Brown has been excellent in pass protection. I am eager to see how he does next week against Dallas since they use a 3-4 like Pittsburgh. That will be a good learning experience for him, and it may be crucial since our running game isn't looking too good. If we aren't able to run against Pittsburgh, Brown is going to have to be ready to see all kinds of blitzes from the Steelers out of their 3-4.

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2008, 12:57 AM

IIRC, at this point in the preseason, Spencer was still playing with the 2's.