PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL team has the most obnoxious fans?

gtexan02
08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Wait for the poll or fill in your choice here

FirstTexansFan
08-14-2008, 10:42 AM
For those in doubt that it's any fans other than the Sowboys, move to San Antonio, I'll introduce you to my Sowboy relatives :)

eriadoc
08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I checked Other because there wasn't an All option. Cowboy fans are horrid, but I seriously detest Titan fans, Raider fans, Eagle fans, Saints fans, Steeler fans, etc., etc., etc.

WWJD
08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Eagles. Eagles. Eagles. Eagles.:foottap:

brakos82
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Where the hell are the Raiders? :wild:

2BCF
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Raiders...surprised it wasn't on list.

Brando
08-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I went with the Titans because you have to lump the VY groupies in with them.

ChampionTexan
08-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I realize that VY is not an NFL team, but nonetheless, if he were an option, that's the one I'd for. So I guess that means "Other".

gtexan02
08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot the raiders. They've been mired in mediocrity so long recently they are easy to ignore.

If a mod could add them, I'd be glad!

Wolf
08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
are we talking about MB fans or fans at the stadium?
or both

Reason I ask.I am trying to rack my brain about the message board a few years ago and we were playing some team(not a divisional opponent or the Cowboys) and their fans were horrible on here (was the main board at the time)

It suprised me because I never associated that team with having obnoxious fans(yes I know there are bad apples in the bunch)

texasguy346
08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
If a mod could add them, I'd be glad!

There you go.

Brando
08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
or both

Reason I ask.I am trying to rack my brain about the message board a few years ago and we were playing some team(not a divisional opponent or the Cowboys) and their fans were horrible on here (was the main board at the time)

It suprised me because I never associated that team with having obnoxious fans(yes I know there are bad apples in the bunch)

I remember when we played the Patriots at home and the message board was filled with obnoxious Patriots fans. I also remember that the fans that attended the game also said they were obnoxious at the stadium.

gary
08-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Why hasn't anyone picked the Texans? LOL.:jk: :jk: :jk: I say Cowbys.:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

GlassHalfFull
08-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I picked the Patriots, anyone remember the petition the fans started after the Super Bowl to have the results overturned. Too many Pats fans are really Red Sox fans who only care about the Pats because they are currently winning.

My first instinct was to go with Cowboys, but I thought the Pats needed some votes.

ChampionTexan
08-14-2008, 11:09 AM
or both

I remember when we played the Patriots at home and the message board was filled with obnoxious Patriots fans. I also remember that the fans that attended the game also said they were obnoxious at the stadium.

I'm guessing that wasn't who Wolf was thinking of simply because if you don't associate the Patriots fans with obnoxiousness, you simply aren't paying attention.

Brando
08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm guessing that wasn't who Wolf was thinking of simply because if you don't associate the Patriots fans with obnoxiousness, you simply aren't paying attention.

That's the fans that came to my mind. That being said at least I know of one Patriots fan that isn't obnoxious.:)

toronto
08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Cowboy fans, who mysteriously showed up in droves when they started winning in the early 90s, then disappeared until Parcells showed up. They're not only obnoxious, but complete bandwagon frontrunners. Worst combo.

HoustonFrog
08-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Why even start this poll?Is it a hidden way to Cowboy bash again. I bet Cowboy fans are all over Texan fans on their boards:rolleyes:

My pick in Philly followed by Pat fans.:)

HJam72
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I need to make a compromise here. I think it's the CowTits. :thinking:

mancunian
08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Cowboys, America's Team my arse

toronto
08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Why even start this poll?Is it a hidden way to Cowboy bash again. I bet Cowboy fans are all over Texan fans on their boards:rolleyes:

i've been to both and cowboy fans take the cake. Philly fans are hardened by years of sucking, but they still stack the joint, even old Vets Stadium....

Imagine if the Cowboys sucked for a decade or more.

Pats fans have rapidly climbed the list, but I have a general Boston theme now that they can all go suck it. Bill Simmons is forbidden from bitching or whining for 20 years as far as I'm concerned.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM

I was going to suggest Philly fan, but after Frog's post - it is definitely Cowboy fan... :shades:

In no specific order:
Raucous Philly fan
Bandwaggoners from Dallas
Jockstrap, eye patch wearing Titans fans
Patriots fans - wouldn't recognize hospitalitly if you beat it into them.
Ice cube chunking Bengals fans
Drunk Saints fans (redundant I know)

Insert 25 other teams here...........

mancunian
08-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Which other NFL team has the nicest fans who you can share a beer with and have a laugh?

Texan_Bill
08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Which other NFL team has the nicest fans who you can share a beer with and have a laugh?

:cricket:

mancunian
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
:Tumblewee

brakos82
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, maybe the 49ers? :thinking:

powerfuldragon
08-14-2008, 02:44 PM
inbred falcons fans.

HoustonFrog
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
i've been to both and cowboy fans take the cake. Philly fans are hardened by years of sucking, but they still stack the joint, even old Vets Stadium....

Imagine if the Cowboys sucked for a decade or more.

Pats fans have rapidly climbed the list, but I have a general Boston theme now that they can all go suck it. Bill Simmons is forbidden from bitching or whining for 20 years as far as I'm concerned.

They have sucked for a decade and Texas Stadium was still sold out. the have records for sell outs at home and at other stadiums. I just don't get bandwagoners. Maybe young fans but a majority of Cowboy fans I know are around the age of alot of posters here and we all grew up in the 70s with them and have followed them all our lives. I think that is just an easy out for people. EVERY team has bandwagoners once they get good. Look at the Pats. They went from class to whiners and making excuses for every bad move. Philly fans beat up people and throw batteries at people. That is criminal.

If the Texans get to a SB or playoffs soon you are going to see bars full of people who never liked football wearing jerseys and cheering.

As for my argument on fans......growing up a Cowboy fan I think 90% are great fans and nice to people. Never had problems with my own. I know there is bandwagoners but the Cowboys never missed the playoffs for 20 years in decades before that so there is more than 1993 on. I also think and TB and myself and others have had this argument....that there are bad Texans or other fans who are so angry about the Cowboys that they make Cowboy fans talk crap. To me it becomes circular. I am cheering for the Texans too. Not my faves but my runner up. I'm here alot. But if there are 50 threads about the Cowboys being a-holes, it makes you wonder why they are always so concerned with them. I apologize for your neighbor or the deunk guy at the game or the coworker but that isn't the majority to me.:)

I know WWJD, myself and some others like Bah have tried to change the perception.

StarStruck
08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I have so many other things on my mind that I've gotten to the point that I don't really care. The events that stood out most (well almost) to me were when the Eagles fans threw batteries at Santa Claus, cheered when Michael Irvin was down on the field with a broken neck, and some of the unkind remarks that a group of Patriot fans made while walking out of Reliant Stadium. In the latter, I though dang, they were here for the Super Bowl where the Texans were only the host, so what's up with that.

For the most part though, on the times that I have been at Texas Stadium even the Eagles fans in my area were good sports even though they were obviously there to support their team. It was only one occasion that I experienced that an Eagles fan left early in a Cowboys dominated game and made the statement "yeah, this is like winning a Super Bowl to you." Excuse me, seems more like a Super Bowl to you, remember?

I've heard stories about the Raiders, but don't have anything to base it on other that word of mouth.

Double Barrel
08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Years ago, I would have said Cowboys fans (in spite of having family members and friends that are lifelong fans).

But, I have come to the conclusion that Titans fans take the cake. Especially turncoats who wear Texans gear on Sundays unless we are playing the Titans. These folks need to be infected with a serious case of athlete's foot on the brain. I don't have much experience with Titans fans in Tennessee, so I'll cut them some slack. But I still don't respect them. You are rooting for Bud's team and you were happy to pilfer it from somewhere else. You never earned the team like Houston has done twice. The hard way, from the ground up. At least the second time around we got an owner that we can like and respect.

disaacks3
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Eagles. Eagles. Eagles. Eagles.:foottap: I'm going w/ Philly too...as I'm basing my answer not on the casual fan, but the people in the stands.

Hervoyel
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I didn't see how it was possible for any group of fans to get on my nerves more than Cowboys fans have through the decades. I've said on several occaisions that I no longer have much of a hate on for Cowboys fans and that's true. I'm not changing my position and truthfully I think that Titans fans probably are more annoying "at this time" to me because of the Oiler connection. I just took my full 40 years as a fan into account and had to vote Cowboys. Titans fans will have to tick me off for decades to top them.

Colts fans can be pretty arrogant and obnoxious too but I can't fault them on it. Their team is damn near perfect and we know it. 70% of all anger from other teams fans at the Colts is envy. When we can beat them regularly and split our series at the least then we'll know we've truly arrived.

WWJD
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I would like to add the Jets fans who egg on ladies to become "Girls Gone Wild" at their games....so much so that the league had to become involved.

WWJD
08-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Years ago, I would have said Cowboys fans (in spite of having family members and friends that are lifelong fans).

But, I have come to the conclusion that Titans fans take the cake. Especially turncoats who wear Texans gear on Sundays unless we are playing the Titans. These folks need to be infected with a serious case of athlete's foot on the brain. I don't have much experience with Titans fans in Tennessee, so I'll cut them some slack. But I still don't respect them. You are rooting for Bud's team and you were happy to pilfer it from somewhere else. You never earned the team like Houston has done twice. The hard way, from the ground up. At least the second time around we got an owner that we can like and respect.

So do their brains itch from that athlete's foot and if YES how do you scratch that?

Funny stuff DB!

Double Barrel
08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
So do their brains itch from that athlete's foot and if YES how do you scratch that?

With an ice pick into the ear, of course! Or they can just lay on the ground and run round and round in place to scratch it like Curly from the Three Stooges used to do. nyah nyah nyah ;)

YellerLotYeller
08-14-2008, 05:19 PM

I have to admit Cheeseheads are good people. When we played them a few years back there were a ton of them down from Green Bay. We threw cheese cubes at them in the parking lot before the game and they loved it . Most of them would stop to bs about our teams and have a beer....good people, fat yes, but good.

WWJD
08-14-2008, 06:02 PM
With an ice pick into the ear, of course! Or they can just lay on the ground and run round and round in place to scratch it like Curly from the Three Stooges used to do. nyah nyah nyah ;)

I use to get mocked at school for being a huge Stooges fan...girls just aren't suppose to like them and Curly was always my favorite! Ha. Comic genius in my book.

An ice pick? Ouch!

WWJD
08-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I have to admit Cheeseheads are good people. When we played them a few years back there were a ton of them down from Green Bay. We threw cheese cubes at them in the parking lot before the game and they loved it . Most of them would stop to bs about our teams and have a beer....good people, fat yes, but good.

Geez..your post brought back memories..they are very nice. Great fans.

FirstTexansFan
08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
90% of Cowboys fans are OK in Frog's opinion?

I can't leave my house with Texans gear on without running into at least two Cowboy fans with attitudes. I'm confronted daily here in New Braunfels for my support of the Texans. It's never nothing nice like "How you think your team will do this year?", it's always "Texans SUCK!", or my favorite, "How could you screw up that pick? VY/RB was the obvious choice!". No amount of niceties on my part seem to help.

I've resorted to saying the following:
"It's not the Cowboys I hate, it's their fans. I've yet to run across one that wasn't an A-hole".

I guess we could say 90% of Cowboys fans in Dallas are cool, I'm ok with that, but the idiots they have for fans in the San Antonio area (which by population is far greater than Dallas), more than help make up my mind on the group.

Frog, I have no doubt you're a nice person. I thoroughly enjoy your postings, but your sense of the Cowboys fanbase is biased :)

Brando
08-14-2008, 06:58 PM

But, I have come to the conclusion that Titans fans take the cake.

Same here, I have met some good Cowboys fans recently. Now I hate the team in Tennessee.

I know WWJD, myself and some others like Bah have tried to change the perception.

What happened to Bah? I haven't seen him around.

HoustonFrog
08-14-2008, 08:29 PM

I can't leave my house with Texans gear on without running into at least two Cowboy fans with attitudes. I'm confronted daily here in New Braunfels for my support of the Texans. It's never nothing nice like "How you think your team will do this year?", it's always "Texans SUCK!", or my favorite, "How could you screw up that pick? VY/RB was the obvious choice!". No amount of niceties on my part seem to help.

"It's not the Cowboys I hate, it's their fans. I've yet to run across one that wasn't an A-hole".

I guess we could say 90% of Cowboys fans in Dallas are cool, I'm ok with that, but the idiots they have for fans in the San Antonio area (which by population is far greater than Dallas), more than help make up my mind on the group.

Frog, I have no doubt you're a nice person. I thoroughly enjoy your postings, but your sense of the Cowboys fanbase is biased :)

And respectively, I think yours might be a little biased. I'm not sure about he jack@sses saying that stuff to you but I have never seen that in my 30 + years of fandom. Maybe they are the 10% all in one area. I don't know many fans of any team that just open taunt people like that. I grew up in the DFW area but am in Houston now and alot of my Cowboy fan friends here are really good guys. If you want my honest opinion, there is really nothing I can do or say to make people who deal with jack@sses change their mind but I've heard 19-10 and other things without provocation a ton but I take it with a grain of salt because of people I've met here. Maybe you should stay away from that area of the state.:) Again, I think many groups have the bad ones and I have even been embarrassed but somene who has been overserved and too lippy about the Cowboys. Most of us hate it because we hate the perception. I do appreciate your post being candid without attacking. That is what I like about this place.

Speedy
08-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Some Vikings fans sat by me when they were here (2004?) and they were pretty obnoxious, that is until the Texans came roaring back to tie the Vikes and take it to OT, were we eventually lost, but those fans had a new respect for the Texans and ended up being pretty cool.

But the winner, hands-down, by a landslide, is the VY groupie/Oiler hangers-on, inbred children of Uranus fans. A lost bunch of souls those folks are.

Dread-Head
08-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Where the hell are the Raiders? :wild:

Raider fans aren't "Obnoxious" they're psychotic! By the way, and I think at this point it should go without saying yet I'll reiterate a previous sentiment and I'm sure many will agree with me when I say "ƒ" The Dallas Cowgirls AND the drugged up horses they rode in on!

hollywood_texan
08-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Raider fans aren't "Obnoxious" they're psychotic! By the way, and I think at this point it should go without saying yet I'll reiterate a previous sentiment and I'm sure many will agree with me when I say "" The Dallas Cowgirls AND the drugged up horses they rode in on!

I have been to Oakland twice, and not had one problem in the Raider Nation. Hooked me up with plenty of beer, BBQ, and just hanging out.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/DSCN0284.jpg

Actually, I got more grief and dumb remarks in San Diego than in Oakland.

As for the Cowboys, I think I saw some Cowboy players on Sunset Strip last night (2 am or so) in front of the Rainbow. I was wearing my sleeveless Houston Texans Football shirt, and these really big guys pointed at me and said check him out. I told them the Texans were going to bust out this year and Mario was going to clean up. They were really cool. We shook hands and shared brief pleasantries.

WWJD
08-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I have been to Oakland twice, and not had one problem in the Raider Nation. Hooked me up with plenty of beer, BBQ, and just hanging out.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/DSCN0284.jpg

Actually, I got more grief and dumb remarks in San Diego than in Oakland.

As for the Cowboys, I think I saw some Cowboy players on Sunset Strip last night (2 am or so) in front of the Rainbow. I was wearing my sleeveless Houston Texans Football shirt, and these really big guys pointed at me and said check him out. I told them the Texans were going to bust out this year and Mario was going to clean up. They were really cool. We shook hands and shared brief pleasantries.

The Cowboys have been in Denver for several days practicing against the Broncos.

TheIronDuke
08-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I voted Eagles fans. Cheering while a player of any opponent is carted off the field is obnoxious. Not only that but Philly fans in all sports are known to be the most violent and outright rude of all.

Oakland would be a close second.

stingray
08-15-2008, 09:21 PM
This one is easy. I think Cowboys fans are easy the most obnoxious because many are just casual fans and are ignorant of the sport. They spit out opinions that are just plain dumb.

jaayteetx
08-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I agree with Hollywood. I went to the Texan/Charger game last year and their fans where obnoxious jerks. Well not all of them, but quite a few.

stingray
08-15-2008, 09:30 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.. Same thing here in South Texas. I still get comments by cowboys fans about how the Texans screwed up by not taking Bush or Young. And then I ask them if they know how many yards Bush rushed for or how many interceptions/touchdowns Vince threw last year or how many sacks Mario had, they just have blank stare. Like it doesn't matter because their names are bush and young. And they come out with the usual, "vince just wins". and "Bush is a Decoy and that is why the saints score all the time". Some fans are ok.. They are knowlegable and know about ohter teams. But about 80% are just silly.

HJam72
08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, hopefully, by the time the season is over, it'll be us, lol. :fans:

TheRealJoker
08-15-2008, 10:16 PM
VY and Bush fans.

ESAD2-14
08-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Eagles = obnoxious fan base

Cowboys = ignorant/arrogant fan base (not all Cowboy fans of course, but a large chunk)

Giant Tiger
08-21-2008, 09:45 PM
The Eagles have the most obnoxious fans, but if the question would have been, " Which team has the most arrogant fans?" ; I would have said the bills. Up here, they expect our allegiance. How arrogant is that? :tearup:

HoustonFrog
08-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Couldn't agree with you more.. Same thing here in South Texas. I still get comments by cowboys fans about how the Texans screwed up by not taking Bush or Young. And then I ask them if they know how many yards Bush rushed for or how many interceptions/touchdowns Vince threw last year or how many sacks Mario had, they just have blank stare. Like it doesn't matter because their names are bush and young. And they come out with the usual, "vince just wins". and "Bush is a Decoy and that is why the saints score all the time". Some fans are ok.. They are knowlegable and know about ohter teams. But about 80% are just silly.

Have you heard the sports talk radio here?I wouldn't call Houston fans in general "knowledgeable." Not a slam on the real fans here on this board and elsewhere but in general there are alot of people who like to embarrass themselves. I think it covers many fanbases.

FirstTexansFan
08-21-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm just going to have to invite you to New Braunfels for Wurstfest or something HF. That way you can experience the Cowboy mentality in South Texas. Again, it's no reflection of folks like yourself, but those types here, are about as numerous as dinosaurs. I'm sure there are many idiots on the radio in Houston, I retired from there, and I ran into most of them on the freeway going home each day :)

Not taking away from your intent, because I'm sure you've heard, half the people we know are below average <grin>

HoustonFrog
08-22-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm just going to have to invite you to New Braunfels for Wurstfest or something HF. That way you can experience the Cowboy mentality in South Texas. Again, it's no reflection of folks like yourself, but those types here, are about as numerous as dinosaurs. I'm sure there are many idiots on the radio in Houston, I retired from there, and I ran into most of them on the freeway going home each day :)

Not taking away from your intent, because I'm sure you've heard, half the people we know are below average <grin>

I can handle NB.:) Yes they are way below average compared to us.:tinfoil:

Maybe it is because I am a fan of them but I just never have seen unprovoked people, that aren't at a game, yelling down other fans for no reason. Not in any of the sports bars in Houston either. So I wouldn't mind seeing the hatred. I wonder who these jack-as are and why they would do this.

Brando
09-18-2008, 04:32 PM
bump.......

The trolls are out of the woodwork and they are making a good case for my choice.:specnatz:

Texan JBZ
09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Man, anybody that doesn't think Da Girls have the most obnoxious fans in the league arguably don't know too many of them. My wife is from Ft. Worth. I spend a good amount of time up here. Hell, I'm here right now. They are by far the most arrogant, stuck-up fans in the league. They talk down on Bill Parcells so bad here, worst than we talk down on CC. They say that he didn't know how to coach, that he was too conservative. I'm quick to remind them that because of Parcells they have Barber, Romo, Canty, Crayton, Hurd, Newman, Spears, Ware, Witten, James, etc. They wouldn't have even have the team they have now if not for Parcells and they hate him?!? Absurd! But hey, that's Girls fan for ya!

kiwitexansfan
09-18-2008, 05:02 PM
I have found that Steelers fan are pretty obnoxious.

Visiting their sites for week one, they were most inhospitable, even when just wanting to talk X & O's

Showtime100
09-18-2008, 05:24 PM
I say we take Frog out back and kick the **** out of him. :D

Texan_Bill
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Titan fans on Gotits.com namely the guy that seems to think Davy Crockett single-handedly won Texas' Independence. :specnatz: