PDA

View Full Version : Less Tailgating Time

hobie
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Tailgate parties can only start five hours before New York Giants and Jets games instead of seven...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080812/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_meadowlands_booze_rules

This is just part of the story, I just wanted to put put this out there as except for the Platinum lot, 5 hours would be nice, but man, 7 hours would be absolutely incredible..Set up before it gets too hot, get things started and still have enough time to enjoy the day before having to head inside...

I can only imagine what Reliant Park would look like at 5:00am !!

hobie
08-12-2008, 12:17 PM
We at least have longer to purchase beer at Reliant !!

"Unchanged is the halftime cutoff for alcohol sales."

TEXANS84
08-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I would love the Patriots tailgate. Get there the day before, party the night away...and get ready for the morning.

Joe Texan
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I can only imagine what Reliant Park would look like at 5:00am !!

it is quite dark, and you might find a gate boss but no gate attendants untill about 30 minutes prior to the gate opening

hobie
08-12-2008, 01:28 PM
it is quite dark, and you might find a gate boss but no gate attendants untill about 30 minutes prior to the gate opening

Well I know that....

I was meaning in full tailgating mode !!!

nflnutswife
08-12-2008, 01:49 PM
We at least have longer to purchase beer at Reliant !!

"Unchanged is the halftime cutoff for alcohol sales."

Can you imagine Reliant with this rule?

(1)$7.50 beers
(2)half time cutoff
(=) No one left in thier seats after the half. . .

Speedy
08-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Sucks that the price to pay because of idiots falls on the rest of us. I just don't understand changing the rules for everybody instead of going after the idiots. When idiots act like idiots, kick THEM out, then you don't have to eff it up for everybody.

I know 7 hours would be crazy, but for the thousands who do it right, they get 2 hours taken away from them for what? A few idiots??

Just doesn't make sense, but not too much these days does any more.