2. Our run blocking is horrible
3. Our running backs are horrible
4. Ahman Green is afraid of being touched
5. JJ is a crazy person who isn't mature enough to play football
6. Chris Taylor needs glasses to see the field
7. Our DL will record zero sacks this year
8. Everyone on the DL other than MW is lazy
9. Our cornerbacks are always out of position
10. Richard Smith's defense is bad. He should be fired.
11. <insert player name here> is terrible. Lets cut him
12. <insert backup name here> is the best. Lets start him

Maybe these are a little extreme, but this is the kind of stuff I've been reading since the game ended on Saturday. The Texans have played 1 game. 1 preseason game. They won the game. And after the game ended? About 20 topics popped up to complain about how horrible the team, the players, the coaching, etc is. The only consistent positives I've seen have been about the cheerleaders and david anderson.

It was 1 preseason game. Sure there were negatives (it was the first game!) but there were tons of positives as well. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. This fan base (me included) is so prone to negativity that its really depressing. We went 8-8 last year. Its been a long offseason. We have a lot of potential this year. Don't doubt the team before you see them for real.

Lets show a little faith in the guys that have built this team. :texflag:

Thorn
08-11-2008, 09:06 AM
11. <insert player name here> is terrible. Lets cut him
12. <insert backup name here> is the best. Lets start him

Maybe these are a little extreme, but this is the kind of stuff I've been reading since the game ended on Saturday.

Lets show a little faith in the guys that have built this team. :texflag:

I edited your post a tad. Statements 11 and 12 made me laugh because they are so true about a lot of posts around here (including mine). And laughing on a Monday morning is always a good thing.

As to what you will be reading around here, it's a message board. We got all kinds of crazy folk who post here. LOL

And I have faith in the current Texans management to win us a Super Bowl in two in the future, I really do. But it doesn't keep me from talking about things I see as wrong, and playing Monday Morning QB.

Scooter
08-11-2008, 09:13 AM
i'm sorry, this is crazy. i've got <insert player name here> going to the probowl. to say otherwise is just asinine.

gtexan02
08-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I edited your post a tad. Statements 11 and 12 made me laugh because they are so true about a lot of posts around here (including mine). And laughing on a Monday morning is always a good thing.

As to what you will be reading around here, it's a message board. We got all kinds of crazy folk who post here. LOL

And I have faith in the current Texans management to win us a Super Bowl in two in the future, I really do. But it doesn't keep me from talking about things I see as wrong, and playing Monday Morning QB.

If anyone remembers my posts from any of the past 4 years or so I've been around here, I am clearly the pot calling the kettle black.

I have no prob with the criticism and observations, its the incredible conclusions that get to me. 1 preseason game and we've already given up hope completely on people that we had been excited about for months.

All the losing seasons have made doubters out of most of us. I think this years team really has a good chance to reverse that :texflag:

Ole Miss Texan
08-11-2008, 10:11 AM
I will say, the second Ahman Green hit the ground and didn't get up I said 'this guy has got to go'. I've just about lost the little hope and optimism I had for Green working out here this year.