TE: OD, Dressen, Krause
OT: Brown, Winston, Butler, Frye
OG: Briesel, Pitts, Studdard, (Weary?)if healthy and we keep 10
C: Meyers, White
KBrown, Pittman, Turk

DE: Mario, Colvin, Cochran, Weaver, Kalu
DT: Okam, TJ, Okoye, Maddox
LB: Demeco, Bentley, Diles, Greenwood, Adibi, Thompson (too versatile to cut
CB: Fletcher, Reeves, Bennett, Molden, Faggins (only while Dunta is PUP'd)
S: Demps, DBarber, Brown, Harrison, Earl

If we keep 10 OL, then maybe we cut Maddox and use Weaver more at DT and only go with 8 DL, using Thompson as a backup DE.

Buhlman was consisantly the slowest man off the ball at the line of scrimmage. There's no way he makes the sqaud if that doesn't get corrected.

Butler and Frye's performance at tackle secure their spot and likely sign the release of Salaam, barring injuries.

Bruener is just too stiff and slow for this scheme and he was playing behind Dressen.

The Pencil Neck
08-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Deljuan was looking pretty good. He's going to be tough to cut.

V3rm0nt3r
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
they wont cut Salaam in Browns rookie season for 2 unproven players when Frye still has 2 years of PS eligibility... come on.

Bulman will make the team. if he cant fix the off the line problems at DE they will move him back inside where he is more comfortable and cut Maddox IMO.

kiwitexansfan
08-10-2008, 10:31 PM
QB: Rosenfels, Schaub.
RB: Brown, Green, Walker, Slaton.
FB: Leach.
TE: Bruener, Daniels, Dreessen.
WR: Anderson, Davis, Johnson, Jones, Walter.
T: Brown, Butler, Frye, Salaam, Winston.
G: Brisiel, Studdard, Weary, Pitts.
C: Myers, White
K: Brown
P: Turk
LS: Pittman
DE: Cochran, Weaver, Williams, Bulman
DT: Maddox, Okam, Okoye, Johnson.
LB: Adibi, Bentley, Colvin, Diles, Greenwood, Ryans, Thompson.
CB:Bennett, Fletcher, Molden, Reeves, Robinson.
S: Brown, Demps, Harrison, Earl.

Here is my best guess, I think the one on the thinnest ground is probably Harrison, I like idea of him as he is the smart Standford kid.... but Barber or some other S may get there ahead of him.

Other controversial (?) moves being no Kalu and only 1 FB.

dalemurphy
08-10-2008, 10:35 PM
QB: Rosenfels, Schaub.
RB: Brown, Green, Walker, Slaton.
TE: Bruener, Daniels, Dreessen.
WR: Anderson, Davis, Johnson, Jones, Walter.
T: Brown, Butler, Frye, Salaam, Winston.
G: Brisiel, Studdard, Weary, Pitts.
DE: Cochran, Weaver, Williams, Bulman
DT: Maddox, Okam, Okoye, Johnson.
LB: Adibi, Bentley, Colvin, Diles, Greenwood, Ryans, Thompson.

Here is my best guess, I think the one on the thinnest ground is probably Harrison, I like idea of him as he is the smart Standford kid.... but Barber or some other S may get there ahead of him.

Other controversial (?) moves being no Kalu and only 1 FB.

Well, there is NO way we keep 11 OLmen. It's unlikely we keep 10, though possible. So, figure out who of those 11 you'd cut because at least 1 will definitely not be on the roster.

barrett
08-11-2008, 02:17 AM
is it that unreasonable that we'd keep 6 RB's? including Leach. i think it's 3 QB's or 6 RB's. after watching Butler and Frye I will officially jump onto the cut salaa.... i will watch them closely next saturday to decide salaams fate.

safeties are tricky. both harrison and barber looked good. earl has experience, we'll have to see what happens in the next week or so when those two get some reps with the 1's.

side note: roberson looked good. excited about him on the PS.

man, bulman looked slow off the line. i never saw the okam aggressively to the ball thing. they don't make the team if that continues. but i'll wait to call okam out since so many others seemed to see it.

i think WR's and CB's are a lock at this point baring injuries.

i don't see weary coming back from his situation.

i don't think bruener makes the squad either.

OL locks are Brown, Pitts, Meyers, Briesel, Winston, Butler, Studdard (i don't know why), White. That leaves Salaam, Frye and Weary and Weary is against the odds because we are deeper at G because so many of our guys can play that position. So I only have 8 for sure OL's. Maybe we only keep 9.

2 QB's
6 RB's
5 WR's
9 OL's
3 TE's

V3rm0nt3r
08-11-2008, 07:48 AM
is it that unreasonable that we'd keep 6 RB's? including Leach. i think it's 3 QB's or 6 RB's. after watching Butler and Frye I will officially jump onto the cut salaa.... i will watch them closely next saturday to decide salaams fate.

safeties are tricky. both harrison and barber looked good. earl has experience, we'll have to see what happens in the next week or so when those two get some reps with the 1's.

side note: roberson looked good. excited about him on the PS.

man, bulman looked slow off the line. i never saw the okam aggressively to the ball thing. they don't make the team if that continues. but i'll wait to call okam out since so many others seemed to see it.

i think WR's and CB's are a lock at this point baring injuries.

i don't see weary coming back from his situation.

i don't think bruener makes the squad either.

OL locks are Brown, Pitts, Meyers, Briesel, Winston, Butler, Studdard (i don't know why), White. That leaves Salaam, Frye and Weary and Weary is against the odds because we are deeper at G because so many of our guys can play that position. So I only have 8 for sure OL's. Maybe we only keep 9.

2 QB's
6 RB's
5 WR's
9 OL's
3 TE's

Kubiak seemed pretty sure he wanted 3 QBs during the offseason but im with you. 6 rbs makes more sense seeing as, so far, we havn't seen any life in the running game and the more weapons you have the better off your going to be.

Polo
08-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Ben Moffit looked pretty good to me....

He missed that one guy is space, but the guy seemed to have a good nose for the ball...

I wanna see more of him...

TK_Gamer
08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
isnt Frye and Studdard still PS eligible? if so they both stay regardless of Salaam and Weary. Okam will at least make the PS also. I'll have wait on the TE situation. Bruener I think is too valuable in short yardage blocking situations and in the lockerroom to write him off just yet.

The RB situation is still too early to call. I can see Chris Brown getting dumped in favor of a "to be named later" signing wich I'm sure is emminent. I think they will hold on to Green unless he can't show some promise of things to come at some point during preseason. Chris Taylor is on the bubble unless he can get consistent and block well. Slaton will make the team at least on the PS as inurance on the walking wounded.

dalemurphy
08-11-2008, 10:19 AM
isnt Frye and Studdard still PS eligible? if so they both stay regardless of Salaam and Weary. Okam will at least make the PS also. I'll have wait on the TE situation. Bruener I think is too valuable in short yardage blocking situations and in the lockerroom to write him off just yet.

The RB situation is still too early to call. I can see Chris Brown getting dumped in favor of a "to be named later" signing wich I'm sure is emminent. I think they will hold on to Green unless he can't show some promise of things to come at some point during preseason. Chris Taylor is on the bubble unless he can get consistent and block well. Slaton will make the team at least on the PS as inurance on the walking wounded.

You can't stash players on the P.S. They have to clear waivers weekly to be on the P.S... So, there's no way Slaton goes on the P.S., probably not Okam, Studdard, or Frye either- particularly if Frye looks as good in upcoming preseason games as he did Saturday.

By the way, barring injury, Chris Taylor definitely makes the team!

V3rm0nt3r
08-11-2008, 11:06 PM
You can't stash players on the P.S. They have to clear waivers weekly to be on the P.S... So, there's no way Slaton goes on the P.S., probably not Okam, Studdard, or Frye either- particularly if Frye looks as good in upcoming preseason games as he did Saturday.

By the way, barring injury, Chris Taylor definitely makes the team!

agreed Taylor is in although, it disturbs me to say, the only reason i can think of so far in the preseason is because of his versatility to play FB. i mean come on 10 carries and a whopping total of 19 yards doesn't shout shoe in and i know that the run blocking is never up to snuff but you still have to be disappointed with that showing. I still think we can squeeze Frye and Okam into PS but Studdard is a lock seeing how many true guards are on the roster.

A Texan
08-12-2008, 12:32 AM
I'd say if Kalu keeps playing like he did against Denver, there's no way he'll get cut. That guy that he was going against is listed on Denver's depth chart as their starting right tackle and it was such a mismatch that the guy had to hold Kalu on 2 consecutive plays, resulting in 20 yds. in penalties. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up. Apparently that surgery has made a new man of him.

Texan JBZ
08-12-2008, 12:38 AM
As much as it pains me, we'll probably have to keep Weaver simply because of his cap figure. Dude is just so unproductive though.

The Pencil Neck
08-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Here's my rough estimate, subject to change at any moment:

QB: Schaub, Sage, Boyd
RB: Green, Brown, Slaton, Walker
FB: Leach, Taylor
WR: AJ, KW, AD, DA, JJ
TE: OD, Joel Dreessen, Ryan Krause
OT: Brown, Winston, Salaam, Butler
G: Brisiel, Pitts, Studdard
C; Myers, White

DE: Mario, Cochran, Colvin, (ND Kalu/Weaver)
DT: Amobi, TJ, Okam, Robinson, Bulman
LB: Demeco, Greenwood, Diles, Bentley, Adibi, Cooley/Thompson
CB: Bennet, Reeves, Fletcher, Molden, Faggins
S: Demps, CC, Ferguson, Barber/Harrison

Pittman
Turk
Brown

PS - Brink, Harrison/Barber, Moffitt
PUP - Dunta

I think ONE of N.D. Kalu and Anthony Weaver make the team. It might be Weaver.

I think Deljuan Robinson and Bulman make the team and might play DE in running situations.

I'm not sure between Kevis Cooley, who's doing great things on special teams, or Chaun Thompson who I heard a lot about coming INTO camp but haven't heard much about since then.

And one of Harrison and Barber makes the team and the other goes on the practice squad. I like what I've been hearing about Barber so I think he's going to get the nod. It was hard for me to cut Glenn Earl, though. I have a hard time imagining him getting cut. But Ferguson has looked pretty good. I'm just not sure about what's going to happen with the safeties.

bollocks
08-12-2008, 02:18 AM
QB: Schaub, Rosenfels, Boyd.
RB: Green, Brown, Walker, Slaton.
TE: Daniels, Dreessen, Bruener.
WR: Johnson, Walter, Davis, Anderson, Jones
T: Brown, Salaam, Frye, Winston
G: Brisiel, Studdard, Pitts, Spencer.
DE: Williams, Weaver, Cochran, Bulman
DT: Okoye, Okam, Johnson, Maddox
LB: Ryans, Colvin, Adibi, Thompson, Bentley, Diles.

PS: Brink, Barber, Moffit
PUP: Robinson

Just a guess, I wont be able to make an educated guess until after the last preseason game.

HOU-TEX
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Here's my rough estimate, subject to change at any moment:

QB: Schaub, Sage, Boyd
FB: Leach, Taylor
WR: AJ, KW, AD, DA, JJ
TE: OD, Joel Dreessen, Ryan Krause
OT: Brown, Winston, Salaam, Butler
G: Brisiel, Pitts, Studdard
C; Myers, White

DE: Mario, Cochran, Colvin, (ND Kalu/Weaver)
DT: Amobi, TJ, Okam, Robinson, Bulman
LB: Demeco, Greenwood, Diles, Bentley, Adibi, Cooley/Thompson
CB: Bennet, Reeves, Fletcher, Molden, Faggins
S: Demps, CC, Ferguson, Barber/Harrison

Pittman
Turk
Brown

PS - Brink, Harrison/Barber, Moffitt
PUP - Dunta

I think ONE of N.D. Kalu and Anthony Weaver make the team. It might be Weaver.

I think Deljuan Robinson and Bulman make the team and might play DE in running situations.

I'm not sure between Kevis Cooley, who's doing great things on special teams, or Chaun Thompson who I heard a lot about coming INTO camp but haven't heard much about since then.

And one of Harrison and Barber makes the team and the other goes on the practice squad. I like what I've been hearing about Barber so I think he's going to get the nod. It was hard for me to cut Glenn Earl, though. I have a hard time imagining him getting cut. But Ferguson has looked pretty good. I'm just not sure about what's going to happen with the safeties.

:goodpost:

I think I can agree with this roster. It's going to be interesting to see who gets the last DE, DT and LB spots.

I'd like to see more of Krause the next couple of games. He's looked good during camp and I'd like to see someone beat Bruener out of a job.

Thompson needs to get his butt on the field, and fast!

dalemurphy
08-12-2008, 10:54 AM
QB: Schaub, Rosenfels, Boyd.
RB: Green, Brown, Walker, Slaton.
TE: Daniels, Dreessen, Bruener.
WR: Johnson, Walter, Davis, Anderson, Jones
T: Brown, Salaam, Frye, Winston
G: Brisiel, Studdard, Pitts, Spencer.
DE: Williams, Weaver, Cochran, Bulman
DT: Okoye, Okam, Johnson, Maddox
LB: Ryans, Colvin, Adibi, Thompson, Bentley, Diles.

PS: Brink, Barber, Moffit
PUP: Robinson

Just a guess, I wont be able to make an educated guess until after the last preseason game.

I don't think Bulman can stick as a DE- He was ridiculously slow off the ball on Saturday.. probably because he's still in a 4 point stance, which is a big problem at DE.

Also, I think you have 52... also, you have Robinson on the roster and on the PUP..

I think we might go with a 9th Lineman and probably Faggins if Dunta is PUP'd

threetoedpete
08-12-2008, 11:06 AM
they wont cut Salaam in Browns rookie season for 2 unproven players when Frye still has 2 years of PS eligibility... come on.

Bulman will make the team. if he cant fix the off the line problems at DE they will move him back inside where he is more comfortable and cut Maddox IMO.

You know I've been thinking about this...always dangerous I know.

If they wanted to gamble and reward Salaam...I don't think too many teams would pick off a OLT over thirty with a recently scoped knee. Let him dangle for a week or two, then resign him to a better salary. It would afford them extra time to evaluate the young'uns. Keep a bubble guy they really have hopes for for anther week or two.

HOU-TEX
08-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't think Bulman can stick as a DE- He was ridiculously slow off the ball on Saturday.. probably because he's still in a 4 point stance, which is a big problem at DE.

Also, I think you have 52... also, you have Robinson on the roster and on the PUP..

I think we might go with a 9th Lineman and probably Faggins if Dunta is PUP'd

He might have meant Roberson. Other than the interference call Saturday, he's had a good camp. If I had to choose between Roberson and Faggins....it would be Roberson. :cool:

Hervoyel
08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
agreed Taylor is in although, it disturbs me to say, the only reason i can think of so far in the preseason is because of his versatility to play FB. i mean come on 10 carries and a whopping total of 19 yards doesn't shout shoe in and i know that the run blocking is never up to snuff but you still have to be disappointed with that showing. I still think we can squeeze Frye and Okam into PS but Studdard is a lock seeing how many true guards are on the roster.

Keep in mind that Taylor was out all of last season and is coming back from an injury. I wasn't surprised that he did little against the Broncos. They run our offense for all practical purposes and our OL isn't exactly nailing it every time out.

Now if Taylor can't improve on that through the next couple of games then I think yeah, he's not picking it up.

Okam I think makes the final 53 as does Frye.

Lucky
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
If they wanted to gamble and reward Salaam...I don't think too many teams would pick off a OLT over thirty with a recently scoped knee.
The Bears would jump all over Salaam, now that their rookie LT is out for the year. There are probably other teams in need of a vet swing tackle.

The only way I see the Texans releasing Salaam, is if Butler wins the swing tackle spot and Salaam requests his release. I don't think the Texans would want to keep a vet who doesn't want to be here. Maybe a trade involving a late draft pick would be more likely. But, that won't happen until the preseason is over and there are no injuries to the Texans O-line.

hadaad
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
QB: Schaub, Rosenfels

HB: Green, Brown, Slaton, Taylor(FB/HB), Walker
FB: Leach

WR: Johnson, Davis, Walter, Jones, Anderson
TE: Daniels, Dreessen, Bruener
T: Brown, Winston, Butler, Salaam
G: Brisiel, Pitts, Weary, Studdard
DT: Johnson, Okoye, Okam, Maddox
DE: Williams, Weaver, Cochran, Colvin
LB: Ryans, Diles, Greenwood, Thompson, Bentley
S: Demps, Brown, Ferguson, Earl, Harrison
CB: Robinson (PUP), Bennett, Molden, Reeves, Fletcher, Roberson6

Insideop
08-13-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm curious, is White a lock at backup Center, or does Eslinger have a chance? Has White played/practiced that much better than Eslinger? Just wondering.:thinking:

texasguy346
08-13-2008, 03:41 AM
QB: Schaub, Rosenfels
FB: Leach, Taylor (RB/FB)
WR: AJ, KW, JJ, AD, DA
TE: OD, Dressen, Bruener (His blocking ability keeps him on the roster)
OT: Brown, Winston, Butler, Salaam
OG: Briesel, Pitts, Studdard, Weary
C: Meyers, White
KBrown, Pittman, Turk

DE: Mario, Colvin, Cochran, Weaver (should be gone but costs too much), Kalu
DT: Okam, TJ, Okoye, Maddox
LB: Demeco, Bentley, Diles, Greenwood, Adibi, Thompson
CB: Fletcher, Reeves, Bennett, Molden, Faggins
S: Demps, DBarber / Harrison (I think Harrison will get the spot), Brown, Ferguson

Faggins is released once Dunta is healthy. Salaam could be released in place of a veteran released from another team that's healthy. Weaver really should be gone, but his contract is too bloated. I have Bentley making the roster, but it could come down to him or Thompson. With Thompson's ability to play DE on passing downs it might mean Bentley will be out of a spot.

barrett
08-13-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm curious, is White a lock at backup Center, or does Eslinger have a chance? Has White played/practiced that much better than Eslinger? Just wondering.:thinking:

I think so. He's capable of playing both G and C and that alone puts him ahead of Eslinger, not to mention how poorly Eslinger played. He got Eslung around like a doll. If I'm not mistaken though, White didn't get any reps at C last weekend because we were so shallow at the G position. You could read more into that but I think he's pretty much a lock because of his versatility.

side note: I wouldn't be surprised if we dealt Salaam to Chicago for a late round pick. I'd be willing to bet Smith has considered it.

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2008, 09:33 AM

From everything I've heard and seen, White is much better than Eslinger. I know a lot of people liked Eslinger in college and were hoping that he'd come here and be a beast but chances for that are looking poor.

With White and Brisiel, you've got two guys who can play guard and center.

V3rm0nt3r
08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Keep in mind that Taylor was out all of last season and is coming back from an injury. I wasn't surprised that he did little against the Broncos. They run our offense for all practical purposes and our OL isn't exactly nailing it every time out.

Now if Taylor can't improve on that through the next couple of games then I think yeah, he's not picking it up.

Okam I think makes the final 53 as does Frye.

i just cant see Frye, who can still play PS taking Salaams job. now if Frye had a year on the active roster under his belt id show a little more willingness to it but Salaam and Winston have been the 2 of only 3 starters on the line who have played constantly over the last 2 seasons, the only other one is Pitts. i just don't want another Spencer situation especially if you have already cut the guy who bailed us out the last time.

beerlover
08-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Fred Weary- unable to recover from surgery that needs revisited

Anthony Weaver- odd man out

Ahman Green/Chris Brown- one of these guys has to stay healthy!

Mark Brunner- great guy but moving forward does he fit ZBS as 3rd TE?

Jameel Cook- is blocking/special teams enough?