PDA

View Full Version : Pennington a free agent for a day

OzzO
08-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Guess the front running team wasted no time in getting Chad. Bill missed him... reunited and it feels so good....

Chad Pennington apparently didn't like his tenure as a free agent because it took all of one day to jump off the street.

FOXSports.com has learned the man cut by the Jets to make room for Brett Favre has agreed to a two-year deal, worth $11.5 million, Friday with the Miami Dolphins.

Miami, which finished 1-15 last season, saw Pennington as the best quarterback option as he reunites with Bill Parcells — who drafted Pennington as the Jets' general manager in 2000 — and the 32-year-old is expected to win the starting job for the rebuilding Dolphins.

"I have enjoyed it," Pennington said Friday in his first public comments since his release. "I've learned a lot, become a better professional and a better man because of my experience and my time in New York. I don't regret or feel ashamed about anything that happened to me in my time in New York."...

Fox Sports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8429012/Dolphins-sign-Pennington-to-two-year-deal)

kastofsna
08-11-2008, 11:33 AM
well just glad we didn't trade for him

bollocks
08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
This isn't good news for John Beck. It was unlikely that he was going to outperform Henne for the starting job prior to this acquisition. Now, at best, he is looking at third string.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing Pennington throw 10 yard hail marys to Ted Ginn Jr.

kastofsna
08-14-2008, 04:01 AM
This isn't good news for John Beck. It was unlikely that he was going to outperform Henne for the starting job prior to this acquisition. Now, at best, he is looking at third string.
will probably be cut