PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day

Bull Pen 1
08-09-2008, 05:28 AM
I know it's only Pre Season, but I'm still excited. We have to go thru Pre Season before we can get to the regular season. At least the Tailgating is for real. Looking forward to the entire afternoon and evening. Well all except for the HEAT.

GlassHalfFull
08-09-2008, 05:32 AM
I was thinking about starting a thread like this.

Yea, finally. Just 10 hrs until I arrive at the stadium. Today will be a total football day for me, as I am helping take pictures and sell coupon books until 2:30 for my son's high school team. Then off to the stadium.

I will need a cold beer by then.

Good luck to the Texans today and here's hoping for a fun time for all and NO INJURIES!!! :toast2:

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

PapaL
08-09-2008, 06:55 AM
I am super envious. I will not be able to see the game until 10pm Sunday; which really means Monday some time (Damn you DTV!). Hopefully our 1st Teams make solid plays and I can catch a glimpse on SportsCenter.

Have a great gameday people!

MightyTExan
08-09-2008, 07:06 AM
I got lucky, 3 tickets fell into my lap last night. I'm taking my daughters, sitting close to the bullpen. Still trying to face the reality that it's actually gameday,lol.

Drew_Smoke
08-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I'll be at Kid Rock for this one, BP. Please say "Hi" to the tall blonde with the #40 jersey in my seats. She's a great gal (and single) and is excited about the game.

Drew

SheTexan
08-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I got lucky, 3 tickets fell into my lap last night. I'm taking my daughters, sitting close to the bullpen. Still trying to face the reality that it's actually gameday,lol.

Well, just come on over to the Bullpen and meet a lot of TT members. A lot of us are in the lower section of 116 or 117. Also a lot of vagabonds that sneak in just cause they can't resist!! We love um all though!!

Don't know how old your daughters are, but, both my granddaughters will be there. They are 10 and 11. Also my almost 9 y/o grandson. Come on by and say HI!!!

gary
08-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I'll be out there.

SheTexan
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I'll be out there.

Bring some air conditioning Gary. Grandma might faint!

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I know it's only Pre Season, but I'm still excited. We have to go thru Pre Season before we can get to the regular season. At least the Tailgating is for real. Looking forward to the entire afternoon and evening. Well all except for the HEAT.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto my friend.

I'm I'll trying not to dwell on having to catch a 6 AM flight!

Chance_C
08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Y'all have fun...I'll be at home watching with my two boys and my wife. Today is my youngest boy's 7th birthday. Pretty good day if you ask me.

edo783
08-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Y'all have fun...I'll be at home watching with my two boys and my wife. Today is my youngest boy's 7th birthday. Pretty good day if you ask me.

That is the absolute best age for a boy. They are so much fun at that time. I envy you, I only had one child, a boy, who is now 31 and lives in Alaska. Enjoy it while you can.

OzzO
08-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I am super envious. I will not be able to see the game until 10pm Sunday; which really means Monday some time (Damn you DTV!). Hopefully our 1st Teams make solid plays and I can catch a glimpse on SportsCenter.

Have a great gameday people!

I think I saw NFLN was having a replay at 4:00 Sunday (then again at 9:00 and more later in the week) if my DishTV search wasn't lying.

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Just loaded the car. I think I sweated off 15 lbs. already.

brakos82
08-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Just loaded the car. I think I sweated off 15 lbs. already.
:spit: Wouldn't doubt it. I was outside for 10 minutes and got sunburnt. :headhurts:

gary
08-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Bring some air conditioning Gary. Grandma might faint!I will.

SheTexan
08-09-2008, 12:49 PM
LORD help me!! I just came back for running some errands and I about died!! Anyone know CPR? Gma might need it!!

Hardcore Texan
08-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Y'all try and stay in the shade and hydrated. I am glad to be inside my house for this one.

TexanSam
08-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Have fun you guys. No way I could do it. Tailgating in the middle afternoon in August. On asphalt no less where the heat reflects back. You guys are diehards!

brakos82
08-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Have fun you guys. No way I could do it. Tailgating in the middle afternoon in August. On asphalt no less where the heat reflects back. You guys are diehards!

I could do it... in Seattle maybe. I'm staying inside.

TEXANS84
08-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Stuck at work pushing paper. About to leave, it's going to be weird being a late arrival. Not used to that.

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Stuck at work pushing paper. About to leave, it's going to be weird being a late arrival. Not used to that.

It's enough to make me question your fanhood.

:jk:

TEXANS84
08-09-2008, 03:49 PM
It's enough to make me question your fanhood.

:jk:

How close are you to Texas Stadium?

:d:

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
How close are you to Texas Stadium?

:d:

Way too close.

But at least, I'm closer to Reliant than I was in Philly or LA. :specnatz:

texanmojo
08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I was thinking about starting a thread like this.

Yea, finally. Just 10 hrs until I arrive at the stadium. Today will be a total football day for me, as I am helping take pictures and sell coupon books until 2:30 for my son's high school team. Then off to the stadium.

I will need a cold beer by then.

Good luck to the Texans today and here's hoping for a fun time for all and NO INJURIES!!! :toast2:

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Sorry I did not get to chat with you today. I hope you did not find me rude. Just buried in the 'Mojo' with lots of duties to keep it runnning.

I'd like to find the time to sit down and chat at the next game if possible.

Lucky
08-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread, so this is a little off topic. But, did anyone think the music volume was drastically lower than previously? Or am I going deaf in my old age? I guess there have been complaints about the sound volume, but at least crank AC/DC & Ozzy up.