PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bell waived/Torrin Tucker signed

Mailman
08-08-2008, 09:27 AM
The Mike Bell era is over for now. Kubiak dumped him and signed free agent OL Torrin Tucker.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5931910.html

Polo
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
ha...

You know...

When Mike Bell was interviewed after he signed his comment was "They said I was the best guy they worked out"...

They basically used him to keep the other backs fresh while Chris Brown recovered...His hamstring injury didn't help him much either...

gtexan02
08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
That was fun while it lasted

GP
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Just like Netflix.

Thorn
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
that was quick......

gtexan02
08-08-2008, 09:50 AM
that was quick......

Now where have I heard that one before... :whistle:

76Texan
08-08-2008, 09:54 AM

Think I might have said that the day we (they, the Texans, RS, whoever) signed him!:thinking: :brickwall:

Hardcore Texan
08-08-2008, 10:00 AM
He showed up out of shape and then had a problem, I think it was a hamstring. So he should expect this.

Malloy
08-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I had a feeling this would happen. I like the Texans resolve, get rid of him right away! (Think we're bringing in Pennington now? :) )

Texecutioner
Geee, talk about some irony. Where are all those guys that bashed and attacked me for saying that I was against bringing him in, because he wasn't any good?:foottap:

gary
The Texans knew what they were doing.

HOU-TEX
08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Geee, talk about some irony. Where are all those guys that bashed and attacked me for saying that I was against bringing him in, because he wasn't any good?:foottap:

Would you like a ribbon....or a chest to pin it on?? :mcnugget:

Malloy
08-08-2008, 10:06 AM

LOL, that's complete rubbish. They brought him in, it was a chance they could afford and it it didn't work out. We took absolutely NO risk in bringing him in, so I have a hard time seeing why it was a wrong move...

Mailman
08-08-2008, 10:07 AM
He showed up out of shape and then had a problem, I think it was a hamstring. So he should expect this.

I'm not surprised by the move and would feel positively about it if the circumstances were different. If they'd cut Bell because of him being out of shape and because the other backs had stepped up their play, I'd feel good about this. However, Kubiak's post-practice quotes yesterday make it clear that the main reason was the thinning depth on the offensive line. Bell's roster spot was sacrificed because Weary, Salaam, and Jackson are hurting.

Ruh roh.

Sal Rosenberg
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Why is everyone showing up out of shape and hurt??????GEEZE!

gary
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I do think it may have been to save their RB.

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 10:15 AM
LOL, that's complete rubbish. They brought him in, it was a chance they could afford and it it didn't work out. We took absolutely NO risk in bringing him in, so I have a hard time seeing why it was a wrong move...

All I was saying at the the time though was that he wasn't any good, and he wasn't going to do anything for the Texans. I was bashed simply for having an opinion, and being correct in only a matter of a week or so. Go figure.

Hardcore Texan
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
All I was saying at the the time though was that he wasn't any good, and he wasn't going to do anything for the Texans. I was bashed simply for having an opinion, and being correct in only a matter of a week or so. Go figure.

I remember me and most having the let's "wait and see" attitude on him before we dismiss him off the bat. You wanted to dismiss him off the bat. That was the meat of the debate.

If he came in got some work done why Chris Brown was out and filled a need for a little while, then it was worth it. No one ever argued he wasn't expendable.

infantrycak
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM

To the extent you were bashed it was for tilting at an imaginary windmill. Nobody expected Bell to come in and be anything more than camp fodder or potentially RB depth. The smug martyr shtick isn't befitting.

gary
08-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Get used to being bashed around here it does happen alot.

dtran04
08-08-2008, 10:24 AM
It's actually because Ephraim and Scott Jackson are hurt and can't practice. They were running out of offensive lineman and had to get another one into camp.

GuerillaBlack
08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
See, we didn't need him. :)

stevn8r
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I was hoping for big things from him....I wonder how Darius is going to do?!?!

gary
08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Who is this FA they picked up?

Mailman
08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I think he's pretty much just a body needed to fill out the bottom rung of the OL.

Mailman
08-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Matt Jackson was on 610 moments ago from training camp and talked about the offensive line and the running game.

--Supposedly Chris Brown has looked really good the last few days, as have Taylor and Walker. Ahman Green is being worked carefully for obvious reasons. The running game isn't lacking talent.

--Bell would've been around a little longer if it weren't for the injuries to Jackson and Weary.

--It's make or break time for guys like Frye and Butler. The coaches need to get them extensive work in the OL rotation to see if they have what it takes.

gary
08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
What happend to them? Is it real bad?

76Texan
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM

LOL LOL!

If you don't watch out Gary, I'll kick you around like 'em football you have! :specnatz:

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Matt Jackson was on 610 moments ago from training camp and talked about the offensive line and the running game.

--Supposedly Chris Brown has looked really good the last few days, as have Taylor and Walker. Ahman Green is being worked carefully for obvious reasons. The running game isn't lacking talent.

--Bell would've been around a little longer if it weren't for the injuries to Jackson and Weary.

--It's make or break time for guys like Frye and Butler. The coaches need to get them extensive work in the OL rotation to see if they have what it takes.

Actually Darius Walker wasn't that bad at the end of the season last year.

Specnatz
08-08-2008, 10:49 AM

No you were not bashed just for having an opinion, no one does that around here. They may bash you cause they think your opinion is total crap but not for having one. Mr I got to be in bold cause I am afraid no one will notice me. So please get off the woe is me line.

Mailman
08-08-2008, 10:50 AM
What happend to them? Is it real bad?

Jackson has plantar fasciitis. Weary has an issue with the screws in his leg. Salaam has a knee injury.

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
No you were not bashed just for having an opinion, no one does that around here. They may bash you cause they think your opinion is total crap but not for having one. Mr I got to be in bold cause I am afraid no one will notice me. So please get off the woe is me line.

Apparantly you are the one that can't stop making an issue out of the bold. Is it hurting you in any way? If so, feel free to ignore the post.

gary
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh man.

gary
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
LOL LOL!

If you don't watch out Gary, I'll kick you around like 'em football you have! :specnatz:Am I lieing? I don't think so.

Hagar
08-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't haste to judgement on this guy. We have three running backs that get hurt a lot and an undersized rookie. While Bell may have been out of shape, from what I understand, he did show some pep early in practices.

Things have a way of coming back around in this league. A couple of injuries and he may be back in a Texans uniform.

dtran04
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't haste to judgement on this guy. We have three running backs that get hurt a lot and an undersized rookie. While Bell may have been out of shape, from what I understand, he did show some pep early in practices.

Things have a way of coming back around in this league. A couple of injuries and he may be back in a Texans uniform.

Actually, I could see him back when any of the OL get healthy. They are just using the new guy as a live body.

Polo
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't haste to judgement on this guy. We have three running backs that get hurt a lot and an undersized rookie.

They call me.....Mr. Glass...

Signed,

Darius Walker

gary
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
We haven't even played our first preseason game yet and the injury bug is here.

gtexan02
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM

*knock on wood* things have been going better than I expected so far. At least we haven't lost anyone crucial yet

Ole Miss Texan
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
That was fun while it lasted

that was quick......

Hey now... let's keep this to football talk and not our personal life! :highfive: haha just kidding.

Specnatz
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM

Signed,

Darius Walker

He has never been hurt that I know of, so unless your being condescending I am unclear what you mean.

76Texan
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey now... let's keep this to football talk and not our personal life! :highfive: haha just kidding.
I shoulda put that all together! :user: :headhurts:

False Start
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
From Rotoworld :

Mike Bell reported to the Texans out of ideal physical condition and left Saturday's morning practice with a sore hamstring.
Not a good first impression. "I just don't think he was in very good condition," coach Gary Kubiak said, speaking in the past tense as if Bell is already a goner. "He got gassed the first night he was out here, he got gassed earlier today, and he's not up with our team. We found that out real fast."

Oh well, no big loss. He deserves it IMO. Show up in shape or hit the bricks .

Thorn
08-08-2008, 11:50 AM

I get no respect.

Porky
08-08-2008, 11:50 AM
*knock on wood* things have been going better than I expected so far. At least we haven't lost anyone crucial yet

Agreed. And I don't think any of the ones we have had are considered long term serious injuries.

I am worried about tomorrow though. With the 80 man roster limit's already pinching our depth on the line, and 3 guys being held out, our front line starters are probably going to play much more than usual for a preseason opener.

I'm going to throw some salt over my shoulder, cross all my fingers and toes, and my little curly tail, and hope we don't have anything major happen to anyone on that line tomorrow.

Thorn
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the O-Line in the 2nd half with Boyd will all be all the 3rd and 4th stringers, if we have any left. Boyd better wear some extra padding, or just hand off the ball a lot.

gary
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Didn't have to know about the little curly nail. LOL.

Hervoyel
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM

I don't think it happens around here any more than in any other online discussion and I think it happens here a good deal less than in many that I frequent. If you post any comment online it will be disagreed with. Some
percentage of your audience will not believe what you believe (evidence being absolutely irrelevent to this) and some smaller subset of that group will bash you for it. It's human nature when given a semi-anonymous venue for conversation.

Mike Bell served his purpose and that was to send a message to Chris Brown in particular and the rest of the running backs in general that nobody on our roster is so good that we can afford to stand pat where RB talent is concerned. If we have to look under every rock to get better we will. In short, to borrow a line from R. Lee Ermey; Gary Kubiak will motivate you Chris Brown, if it short dicks every cannibal on the Congo!

cuppacoffee
08-08-2008, 12:14 PM

Signed,

Darius Walker

Who, other than yourself, calls him that?

gtexan02
08-08-2008, 12:16 PM
^ Im guessing he meant to type Chris Brown

Hagar
08-08-2008, 12:21 PM

Signed,

Darius WalkerWhoops, forgot about him. Three guys that get hurt a lot, an undersized rookie, and of course Mr. Glass(????). :tiphat:

sometexansfan
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I say good riddance. And if Brown can't stay on the field, good riddance to him as well.

76Texan
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Who is this FA they picked up?

If Tucker can come back from his knee injury (when he played in Tampa), he may stick with the team or get resigned later.

That would be another great find by Ricky!

CloakNNNdagger
08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
OT Torrin Tucker per Chronicle. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5931910.html)

Insideop
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Nothing in this article really surprised me except this;

Meanwhile, general manager Rick Smith said today that the Texans could bring back guard Charles Spencer and sign him to the practice squad. After the Texans waived Spencer in July, Carolina claimed him. The Panthers waived him Thursday, saying he was too out of shape to contribute.

“The door’s still open,” Smith said. “We’ve been in contact with him. If he gets in shape, then another chapter in the Charles Spencer story could be written with our team.”

I just couldn't believe no one in this thread even mentioned it the way most were saddened to see him go.

Also, I was surprised to read that he is eligible for the PS. That would be something if we resigned him and he ends up playing for us this year. I guess stranger things have happened. Anyway, go "Big Nasty!" :jogger:

Texan_Bill
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Note to Charles Spencer:

Get to a fat farm and get into shape ASAP....

Meanwhile, general manager Rick Smith said today that the Texans could bring back guard Charles Spencer and sign him to the practice squad. After the Texans waived Spencer in July, Carolina claimed him. The Panthers waived him Thursday, saying he was too out of shape to contribute.

“The door’s still open,” Smith said. “We’ve been in contact with him. If he gets in shape, then another chapter in the Charles Spencer story could be written with our team.”

ChampionTexan
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Note to Charles Spencer:

Get to a fat farm and get into shape ASAP....

http://panthersinthepros.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/76854.jpg

MEET

http://blog.calsun.canoe.ca/mediam/richard_simmons.jpg

gtexan02
08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Torrin was the name of my dog at the shelter, before we changed it to "Tex"

pittbull3
08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm not surprised by the move and would feel positively about it if the circumstances were different. If they'd cut Bell because of him being out of shape and because the other backs had stepped up their play, I'd feel good about this. However, Kubiak's post-practice quotes yesterday make it clear that the main reason was the thinning depth on the offensive line. Bell's roster spot was sacrificed because Weary, Salaam, and Jackson are hurting.

Ruh roh.

Your exactly right. With the lineman situation getting thin through the preseason, the surplus of running backs is not needed. We still have 4 preseason games to go through and a host of other practices until Pgh. Stay healthy, and do so at the expense of journeyman lineman. Who knows, maybe someone will show Gibbs and Kub's something, and add to the depth. :kingkong:

Drew_Smoke
08-08-2008, 02:01 PM

You should run down to Kirby Drive and put in an application. I heard the Texans are hiring geniuses all the time.

And I don't know if you deserve a ribbon or a medal but you do deserve a sign.

thunderkyss
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM

That's not irony

dtran04
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Plus the fact that once Bell was signed, Chris Brown miraculously started practing. Coincidence? Don't think so.

barrett
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM

i think it's a bit early to jump onto the oh my god here comes the injury bug thing. it's football. people are going to get hurt. no question we are ALL hyper sensitive about injury's because of our history BUT, it's important to remember that all our starters are healthy and for the most part we haven't had many injuries at all. the ones we have had have been very minor. the recent developments with salaam are really the first point of concern. before his injury we were doing fine with depth. even with weary and jackson sidelined.

no doubt, salaam's injury is probably the most substantial one as far as how it effects the depth chart. suddenly, we're pretty thin at LT. But otherwise, we've been pretty healthy.

i don't think we need to freak out because we are "riddled with injuries" or anything like that. we lost our backup LT for a few weeks at this point. we're ok at guard depth without weary. it would be prefered to have him in the mix pushing for a spot but we're ok without him.

i'm going to remain optimistic.

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
You should run down to Kirby Drive and put in an application. I heard the Texans are hiring geniuses all the time.

And I don't know if you deserve a ribbon or a medal but you do deserve a sign.

I might consider that Roc Hoover.

gtexan02
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Salaams injury should sure silence a lot of our 1st round pick critics

Hardcore Texan
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Signed,

Darius Walker

^ Im guessing he meant to type Chris Brown

If that is the case, been there, done that:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=964391&postcount=36

:kingkong:

barrett
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Texecutioner;

just curious... do you actually type the little "{b} and {/b}" each time you post something or do you have a special key that makes it worth your while?

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Texecutioner;

just curious... do you actually type the little "{b} and {/b}" each time you post something or do you have a special key that makes it worth your while?

Does the bold somehow hurt you? Does it tingle or something? If it bothers you that much which it shouldn't just ignore the post and pass it on. Pretty simple. I come here to talk about Houston sports. Not listen to you whine about bold font.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Does the bold somehow hurt you? Does it tingle or something? If it bothers you that much which it shouldn't just ignore the post and pass it on.

As I've said before, you have no idea how many people ignore the majority of your posts. If you post something that's longer than a few sentences, I generally ignore it because I don't like people yelling in my face. And putting an entire post in bold is yelling in people's faces. Even if you post something short, I generally ignore it. But I didn't ignore this one because you were responding to someone who was complaining about the bold text in your posts. And I think this isn't the first complaint in the past couple of days.

Posting bold like this is also going to make some people automatically respond negatively to your posts because you're being rude. Your posts look like trolling.

You really should get over yourself and this "I have a signature of posting in bold that makes me stand out from everyone else" and start posting normally.

DBCooper
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Would you like a cookie?

And could you say it a little louder? I can't hear you.

infantrycak
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Does the bold somehow hurt you? Does it tingle or something?

Lot's of folks have explained it to you. Bold is the internet equivalent of shouting and is oft considered rude. Pretty simple. Of course you can continue to do so, but expect folks to keep commenting as well.

PapaL
08-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Since we're handing out medals - anyone care to throw one my way? I need to even out my rack.

PapaL
08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Lot's of folks have explained it to you. Bold is the internet equivalent of shouting and is oft considered rude. Pretty simple. Of course you can continue to do so, but expect folks to keep commenting as well.

Fixed for humors reasons.

gtexan02
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
aHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:includeme:

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
As I've said before, you have no idea how many people ignore the majority of your posts. If you post something that's longer than a few sentences, I generally ignore it because I don't like people yelling in my face. And putting an entire post in bold is yelling in people's faces. Even if you post something short, I generally ignore it. But I didn't ignore this one because you were responding to someone who was complaining about the bold text in your posts. And I think this isn't the first complaint in the past couple of days.

Posting bold like this is also going to make some people automatically respond negatively to your posts because you're being rude. Your posts look like trolling.

You really should get over yourself and this "I have a signature of posting in bold that makes me stand out from everyone else" and start posting normally.

All I see is a few people whining over bold font, without an argument to make on the topic. No counter points, no rebuttal, no anything.

And I'm the troll? Sorry, but that's a little backward. I've politely said to ignore it and go. Told you before, but you still make an issue of it. It isn't being rude, it doesn't hurt you, nor does it come off as anything. Why can't you just let it go and move on to the topic?

HOU-TEX
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Since we're handing out medals - anyone care to throw one my way? I need to even out my rack.

I already gave my ribbon to Texesuctioner, but I gave you + Rep to help even out your rack. LMAO!

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I already gave my ribbon to Texesuctioner, but I gave you + Rep to help even out your rack. LMAO!

I figured my lucky penny would join in at some point.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
All I see is a few people whining over bold font, without an argument to make on the topic. No counter points, no rebuttal, no anything.

And I'm the troll? Sorry, but that's a little backward. I've politely said to ignore it and go. Told you before, but you still make an issue of it. It isn't being rude, it doesn't hurt you, nor does it come off as anything. Why can't you just let it go and move on to the topic?

People aren't talking to you on topic because they're not reading your posts BECAUSE YOU'RE SHOUTING. If you would post like a normal person instead of like some silly little child, maybe people would try to have an intelligent conversation with you.

Unfortunately, this is a MB and not a newsgroup. In a newsgroup, I'd have put you on my ignore list so that I don't see any posts by you.

I mean, really. Why are you posting in bold? Because it's your signature "style"? Grow up and lay off the bold button.

Now, I'm going to go back to just ignoring you so if you respond to this, don't expect a response back.

Carr Bombed
08-08-2008, 03:20 PM
:popcorn:

PapaL
08-08-2008, 03:21 PM
For those that do wish to ignore someone; click on their public profile and select "Add <username> to Your Ignore List".

It's on the right side of the pade under current activity.

infantrycak
08-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Everybody has made their position clear. Time to end the back and forth and let the thread get back on topic.

DBCooper
08-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Everybody has made their position clear. Time to end the back and forth and let the thread get back on topic.

ahh infantrycak, you just deleted the best post!

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
For those that do wish to ignore someone; click on their public profile and select "Add <username> to Your Ignore List".

It's on the right side of the pade under current activity.

Thanks, man. Didn't know that was there.

gary
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
i think it's a bit early to jump onto the oh my god here comes the injury bug thing. it's football. people are going to get hurt. no question we are ALL hyper sensitive about injury's because of our history BUT, it's important to remember that all our starters are healthy and for the most part we haven't had many injuries at all. the ones we have had have been very minor. the recent developments with salaam are really the first point of concern. before his injury we were doing fine with depth. even with weary and jackson sidelined.

no doubt, salaam's injury is probably the most substantial one as far as how it effects the depth chart. suddenly, we're pretty thin at LT. But otherwise, we've been pretty healthy.

i don't think we need to freak out because we are "riddled with injuries" or anything like that. we lost our backup LT for a few weeks at this point. we're ok at guard depth without weary. it would be prefered to have him in the mix pushing for a spot but we're ok without him.

i'm going to remain optimistic.How long is Weary going to be out for? I know him.

ReliantTexan
08-08-2008, 04:01 PM
People aren't talking to you on topic because they're not reading your posts BECAUSE YOU'RE SHOUTING. If you would post like a normal person instead of like some silly little child, maybe people would try to have an intelligent conversation with you.

Unfortunately, this is a MB and not a newsgroup. In a newsgroup, I'd have put you on my ignore list so that I don't see any posts by you.

I mean, really. Why are you posting in bold? Because it's your signature "style"? Grow up and lay off the bold button.

Now, I'm going to go back to just ignoring you so if you respond to this, don't expect a response back.Seriously, it's just PRINT! who cares? If someone wants to print in bold then they should be able to do it. I don't take much out of it. To me it just makes it easier to read.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Seriously, it's just PRINT! who cares? If someone wants to print in bold then they should be able to do it. I don't take much out of it. To me it just makes it easier to read.

It's etiquette.

It makes it harder to read for me. To me, it is literally like someone yelling in my face. So, I care. And obviously, so do a bunch of other people.

So now... I'm not reading it.

Texan_Bill
08-08-2008, 04:14 PM
mike Bell Was Only Brought In While Brown Was Not Practicing... Competition And Depth Is A Good Thing For Preseason. Mike Bell Was Never Going To Be ANYTHING More Than That.

gary
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Probably not.

HOU-TEX
08-08-2008, 04:24 PM
mike Bell Was Only Brought In While Brown Was Not Practicing... Competition And Depth Is A Good Thing For Preseason. Mike Bell Was Never Going To Be ANYTHING More Than That.

LMAO! :stirpot:

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
It's etiquette.

It makes it harder to read for me. To me, it is literally like someone yelling in my face. So, I care. And obviously, so do a bunch of other people.

So now... I'm not reading it.

Why is it yelling at someone? Because you say so. And who are you? I politely asked you to let it go several times, but you obviously came in here wanting to play the "Internet Warrior" instead of addressing the topic. And putting an exclamation point at the end of sentences is what shows someone yelling, just so ya know. Not bold font.

And you can try and dog pile with your little buddies all that you want. It doesn't make any of you smarter or tougher. It's a message board where anyone can print in whatever font, color, caps, or language they want. If you want to flame and bicker, I'm not your guy. I'd rather discuss the issues and the topics.

TK_Gamer
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
wow..

The season could not start soon enough.

gary
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Enough is enough already.

Texan_Bill
08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Please - quit hijacking the thread.........

J-Russ
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Please - quit hijacking the thread.........

Great, just what we need...... another guy posting in bold.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_UJ-QokIjlRY/R5fTCkV94rI/AAAAAAAAAKw/PjRWbjxpEtM/s400/brick.jpg

"WHY ARE WE YELLING?"

"LOUD NOISES"

In another news, I didn't knew it was possible to 'yell at someone face' through the internet. I guess everyone takes things differently, but imo, the guy isn't hurting anyone by posting in bold. If you don't like it, theres such things as a ignore list that you could use.

Specnatz
08-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Why is it yelling at someone? Because you say so. And who are you? I politely asked you to let it go several times, but you obviously came in here wanting to play the "Internet Warrior" instead of addressing the topic. And putting an exclamation point at the end of sentences is what shows someone yelling, just so ya know. Not bold font.

And you can try and dog pile with your little buddies all that you want. It doesn't make any of you smarter or tougher. It's a message board where anyone can print in whatever font, color, caps, or language they want. If you want to flame and bicker, I'm not your guy. I'd rather discuss the issues and the topics.

Actually an exclimation mark does not mean shouting in the proper definition it is to show emphasis, in english writing a person will either type in bold and all caps to show screaming.

As far as you bein on point, you have yet to be on point you had to make the comment about patting yourself on the back because you said Bell was worthless, which was neither proven nor disproven, he had a bad hamstring and Brown got healthy all of a sudden not to mention with a bunch of O-lineman banged up the team needed more line help for practices and other things, not that the guy they brought in has much of a chance to make the team but when you are running 1st, 2nd, 3rd string and maybe even a 4th string offense you need a lot of bodies so starters and backups get reps and even the backups backup gets reps.

So please do not break your arm patting yourself,

JWarren14
08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Soooo....here is what I found on Torrin Tucker.

per ESPN Insider Scouting:

Tucker has great size and bulk for the offensive tackle position. He has long arms and he has very good upper body strength. He has good foot quickness and he takes a good quick first step to his blocks and he generally gets himself into good position to make a play. He plays with a bit of a mean streak and he delivers a good punch coming off the ball and he is able to get separation from a defender. He has the versatility to play either guard or tackle and he shows that he is capable of holding up at the left tackle position. He does an adequate job of picking up and passing off of line stunts and twists and when he stays down he can get movement on the line of scrimmage. He shows that he can be effective on pulls and he has decent running ability.. He shows that he can get to the second level and block linebackers however he tends to narrow his base and he has difficulty sustaining blocks on a moving target. He is inconsistent with his hand placement and he has difficulty recoiling after initial contact in pass protection. He does not have the foot speed to handle a quick speed rusher on the outside and when he loses leverage he can be knocked back by a strong bull rush. He is somewhat vulnerable to counter moves and has difficulty re setting his feet once he commits. He is more efficient moving forward than he is in pass protection.

He is 28 years old with out of Ole Miss, may be his last chance to catch on, but probably a "just in case" body to have. Maybe Gibbs can work his magic and he can become a solid depth guy on the oline. Well heres to hoping :wesmantexanfan:

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Actually an exclimation mark does not mean shouting in the proper definition it is to show emphasis, in english writing a person will either type in bold and all caps to show screaming.

As far as you bein on point, you have yet to be on point you had to make the comment about patting yourself on the back because you said Bell was worthless, which was neither proven nor disproven, he had a bad hamstring and Brown got healthy all of a sudden not to mention with a bunch of O-lineman banged up the team needed more line help for practices and other things, not that the guy they brought in has much of a chance to make the team but when you are running 1st, 2nd, 3rd string and maybe even a 4th string offense you need a lot of bodies so starters and backups get reps and even the backups backup gets reps.

So please do not break your arm patting yourself,

Well it is nice to see that you actually want to get back on topic finally.

He isn't a good back. He had two years to prove himself in Denver and didn't do it. He was an unknown even before then, but only popped up because he was one of Shanahan's special flavors of the month at RB. Denver has one of the most run friendly schemes in the NFL, if not the most run friendly. If he wasn't able to cut it there, then why were we willing to waste time with him was my initial thought.

It wasn't a tough prediction at all that he wouldn't be a great impact to the team, and it was funny how several people wanted to start flaming and spouting over it. Had that not happened, I wouldn't have brought it up it up.

Texan_Bill
08-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Soooo....here is what I found on Torrin Tucker.

per ESPN Insider Scouting:

Tucker has great size and bulk for the offensive tackle position. He has long arms and he has very good upper body strength. He has good foot quickness and he takes a good quick first step to his blocks and he generally gets himself into good position to make a play. He plays with a bit of a mean streak and he delivers a good punch coming off the ball and he is able to get separation from a defender. He has the versatility to play either guard or tackle and he shows that he is capable of holding up at the left tackle position. He does an adequate job of picking up and passing off of line stunts and twists and when he stays down he can get movement on the line of scrimmage. He shows that he can be effective on pulls and he has decent running ability.. He shows that he can get to the second level and block linebackers however he tends to narrow his base and he has difficulty sustaining blocks on a moving target. He is inconsistent with his hand placement and he has difficulty recoiling after initial contact in pass protection. He does not have the foot speed to handle a quick speed rusher on the outside and when he loses leverage he can be knocked back by a strong bull rush. He is somewhat vulnerable to counter moves and has difficulty re setting his feet once he commits. He is more efficient moving forward than he is in pass protection.

He is 28 years old with out of Ole Miss, may be his last chance to catch on, but probably a "just in case" body to have. Maybe Gibbs can work his magic and he can become a solid depth guy on the oline. Well heres to hoping :wesmantexanfan:

Thanks for the info. I was on his player page at nfl.com, but he had no stats listed for 2006 or 2007.

gary
08-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Another decent signing by Ricky.

HOU-TEX
08-08-2008, 05:09 PM

I hope so Gary. At least he can maybe help us through camp. The way it looks right now, our Big Nasties might be gassed by the time the season rolls around. Kubiak said the ones on the Oline are going to play an entire half tomorrow night. Please, for the love of the Football Gods, no more injuries.

Maybe I'm just being a worry wart, but that sure is alot of PT in pre-season for our Oline. :thinking:

Texecutioner
08-08-2008, 05:14 PM

They're most likely going to work the hell out of Brown. This guy should help some for conditioning. We actually might need him for the season as well, if Brown isn't ready to be the starter.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I hope so Gary. At least he can maybe help us through camp. The way it looks right now, our Big Nasties might be gassed by the time the season rolls around. Kubiak said the ones on the Oline are going to play an entire half tomorrow night. Please, for the love of the Football Gods, no more injuries.

Maybe I'm just being a worry wart, but that sure is alot of PT in pre-season for our Oline. :thinking:

What scares me here is that we're going to have to go first team for the first half and then patch some things together for the second.

Brown, Pitts, Myers, Brisiel, Winston in the first half.

Butler, Studdard, White/Eslinger/Brisiel, White/Brisiel/Frye, Frye/Pitts in the second?

Butler is really the only real tackle we've got left now that Frye has moved inside. They show Pitts as G/T on the depth chart (not that we trust the depth chart.)

gary
08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Even if they do not need him at least keep him around.

J-Russ
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Even if they do not need him at least keep him around.

If they don't need him then why should they keep him around?

HOU-TEX
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
What scares me here is that we're going to have to go first team for the first half and then patch some things together for the second.

Brown, Pitts, Myers, Brisiel, Winston in the first half.

Butler, Studdard, White/Eslinger/Brisiel, White/Brisiel/Frye, Frye/Pitts in the second?

Butler is really the only real tackle we've got left now that Frye has moved inside. They show Pitts as G/T on the depth chart (not that we trust the depth chart.)

I agree. It'll be interesting that's for sure. As much as I've heard Kubiak and Co. moving Frye inside, I've yet to see it. Out of all the practices I attended he was lined up at OT. I reckon it might look like this after the half?

RT - Frye
RG - White
C - Eslinger/Brisiel
LG - Studdard
LT - Butler

gary
08-08-2008, 05:35 PM
They are thin at the LT spot.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
They are thin at the LT spot.

That's why guys like Salaam are so valuable. He's been a starter at both LT and RT in this league.

I haven't been to the practice sessions so I wasn't aware that they were giving Frye reps at RT. So that makes me feel a little better. He's just got to hold it down for the preseason.

J-Russ
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
That means we do need him. We're not going to keep a useless player around if we don't need him. That's just wasting roster spots for players that could be useful to us.

gary
08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
It sucks that Weary probably will not make the team because he was doing so well.

gary
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
That means we do need him. We're not going to keep a useless player around if we don't need him. That's just wasting roster spots for players that could be useful to us.Even on the PS?

J-Russ
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Even on the PS?

If we don't need him, we aren't going to keep him. If he's on PS then we do need him. Everyone that's on the team, PS or Active, has a role for the team. Again, we're not going to keep him around if we don't need him.

gary
08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
What if Brown goes down?

CloakNNNdagger
08-08-2008, 06:31 PM
As far as I can ascertain, the only active professional experience that Tucker has had since 2005 season is a brief appearance with the New York Dragons(November 2007 to time waive April 08) ...............yes, arena football.:mcnugget:

ObsiWan
08-08-2008, 06:45 PM
doesn't sound like he'll be here in Sept.

gary
08-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Link?

J-Russ
08-08-2008, 07:00 PM
What if Brown goes down?

What do you mean? If Brown goes down, wouldn't the back-up LT step-in? I'm not sure who that is at the moment, since Saleem is out. Probably it's Butler, since he's consider a swing tackle.

gary
08-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Wasn't ES the starter before he got hurt and Brown the back up?

gary
08-08-2008, 07:32 PM
See if those two go down who is going start at LT?

J-Russ
08-08-2008, 07:41 PM
See if those two go down who is going start at LT?

Whoever the third string LT is, which I think is Butler. He's the 2nd string RT, but is also a swing tackle. Torin, IMO, is another Mike Bell. A filler until Saleem comeback, then hes cut.

gary
08-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Butler being a swinger that changes everything.

tsip
08-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Wasn't ES the starter before he got hurt and Brown the back up?

From what I've read, Brown was inserted as the starter from day one to get as many reps as possible and learn the position the NFL way. There have been many to say it is Brown's job to lose.

gary
08-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I may be wrong.

Polo
08-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Ever since he was drafted Kubiak has been saying Brown was the starter...

gary
08-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Ok.

barrett
08-09-2008, 11:09 AM
well, to be fair, he's been saying "we're going to play him with the 1's. he's going to need as many reps as possible. we want to get him ready to go."

which doesn't exactly say. "he's the starter." but i think thats certianly the goal.

b0ng
08-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Well Brown is pretty much the garunteed starter now, so it's pretty moot. From reading Kubiaks comments about training camp and the OTA's and minicamp, I think they were expecting Brown to start by the time a quarter of the season had passed. I think they were probably still expecting to trot out Mr. Salaam vs Pittsburgh though (Again, this is just what I interpreted from Kubiak, and I could be well off).

gary
08-09-2008, 01:09 PM
They said that ES probably will be back in time for the first game of the season.

CloakNNNdagger
08-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Well Brown is pretty much the garunteed starter now, so it's pretty moot. From reading Kubiaks comments about training camp and the OTA's and minicamp, I think they were expecting Brown to start by the time a quarter of the season had passed. I think they were probably still expecting to trot out Mr. Salaam vs Pittsburgh though (Again, this is just what I interpreted from Kubiak, and I could be well off).

I have taken past comments and articles to pretty well reflect Brown as the starter from day one. Although you know that if he did not develop quickly enough (making our QB an easy target), Salaam would be slotted there without any hesitation at all.............until he was felt to be able to hold that spot legitimately.

Polo
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
well, to be fair, he's been saying "we're going to play him with the 1's. he's going to need as many reps as possible. we want to get him ready to go."

which doesn't exactly say. "he's the starter." but i think thats certianly the goal.

If you throw someone in with the ones that's saying "he's the starter"...

Of course if he sucked it up he would have gotten his spot taken, and feasibly it's still possible although its not likely....

Hervoyel
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I have taken past comments and articles to pretty well reflect Brown as the starter from day one. Although you know that if he did not develop quickly enough (making our QB an easy target), Salaam would be slotted there without any hesitation at all.............until he was felt to be able to hold that spot legitimately.

I think that pretty much sums it up. I don't have any problem with the coaches handing the starters position to a first round draft pick. I think that goes with the territory considering the money involved and the teams intentions when they pull the trigger on that pick. I only get concerned when things go like they did during the C&C era where a rookie or free agent got the starting gig and it was his to lose if (and only "if") he was hit by a bus and killed or seriously injured.

With Brown I get the feeling that if Salaam could have beaten him out of the job decisively then Brown would have been running second team until he was ready to be a viable option. With our current coaches I feel like the best player is going to be on the field in almost every circumstance.

aj.
08-10-2008, 11:10 AM
I saw Torrin Tucker last night. It looks like he ate Mike Bell.