PDA

View Full Version : Houston Hotels

Farough
08-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Just wondering if u guys could give me some ideas for hotels for when I make my trip down, Figured I should book sometime soon. Coming for the Lions game the Thursday night and leaving the monday probably. Just wondering if you could give me some ideas as to what hotels are good value(we dont have much money).

Thanks,

Nick

stingray
08-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I would recommend using priceline.com. I use the bidding section. I have been booking my hotels with them for a while now and I have no problems. I got a Residence Inn/Marriot for the Lions game for $50 plus Tax, which was about $65 with tax. That hotel usually runs between $150 and $200 without Taxes. It's a 2 1/2 star hotel. Very nice hotel in my opinion. But this was for Sunday after the game, I am sure that saturday will be a bit more. The only drawback of course is that you can't cancel because you have to pay up front and you can't choose the hotel. Also, You can only choose the general area which I always choose Reliant Park/Medical center area and I am never more than 5-7 miles away.

I usually bid for a two or two and half star. I don't like bidding for three star Hotels because many charge for parking. And it's not cheap.
As for paying for a regular hotel, they usually run on average between $80 and $180 around the stadium. Unless you wanna pay $40 for the dump called motel 6.

Since you are gonna stay for four days, I am sure you can a great deal through priceline since Hotels wanna fill every room possible.

Kaiser Toro
08-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I would recommend using priceline.com. I use the bidding section. I have been booking my hotels with them for a while now and I have no problems. I got a Residence Inn/Marriot for the Lions game for $50 plus Tax, which was about $65 with tax. That hotel usually runs between $150 and $200 without Taxes. It's a 2 1/2 star hotel. Very nice hotel in my opinion. But this was for Sunday after the game, I am sure that saturday will be a bit more. The only drawback of course is that you can't cancel because you have to pay up front and you can't choose the hotel. Also, You can only choose the general area which I always choose Reliant Park/Medical center area and I am never more than 5-7 miles away.

I usually bid for a two or two and half star. I don't like bidding for three star Hotels because many charge for parking. And it's not cheap.
As for paying for a regular hotel, they usually run on average between $80 and $180 around the stadium. Unless you wanna pay $40 for the dump called motel 6.

Since you are gonna stay for four days, I am sure you can a great deal through priceline since Hotels wanna fill every room possible.

This is my method as well. Never have had a problem. Come to think of it, I have only used priceline for Texans games.

pittbull3
08-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Depends on if you want to be close to the stadium or closer to Houston activities, such as malls, night life, restaurants, etc....If you want to be close to the stadium, the Holiday inn is right beside Reliant. Not a bad little hotel. If you want to be about 5-6 miles away, towards shopping and restaurants, the hilton, marriot, and hotel derek are in the galleria area. These would be good options of the wife is coming, or you yourself is a big time shopper.

Specnatz
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
There is one I use on old spanish trail, it goes for 9.95 an hour which is reasonable. If you want the number just ask.

:thisbig:

Texan_Bill
08-07-2008, 10:27 AM
There is one I use on old spanish trail, it goes for 9.95 an hour which is reasonable. If you want the number just ask.

:dontknowa

Texecutioner
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Depends on how much you want to spend and where you want to be.

Hotel Za Za, Hotel Derek, The Rennaisance,The Houstonian, there are so many to choose from.

I would just start looking at some of their websites and prices online, and see which one fits your needs and price qualifications.

Texan_Bill
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Depends on how much you want to spend and where you want to be.

Hotel Za Za, Hotel Derek, The Rennaisance,The Houstonian, there are so many to choose from.

I would just start looking at some of their websites and prices online, and see which one fits your needs and price qualifications.

Geeez... You suggested some of the most expensive hotels in town. Maybe they can get a room and mix in a dinner at La Colombe d'Or..... :jk:

PS Hotel ZaZa will always be the Warwick to me... ;)

Sideline
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I stayed at the Holiday Inn just next to Reliant when I came into town, great Hotel, great staff and not too expensive either. I would really recommend it, was a nice surprise when I arrived and opened my curtains and my whole window was filled with the sight of the stadium.

DiapHer
08-07-2008, 11:00 AM

So your total bill ended up being $4.97?:shades:

Texan_Bill
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM

Nice... But Spec also had to pay the male prostitute.

Dean 74
08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
stay at the magnolia downtown and take the rail. they run $99. specials.

Specnatz
08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
:dontknowa
It was funny to me.

Yeah it was. I treat women like they keep saying they want to be be tread, as equals so I let her pay for half the bill.

:kingkong:

disaacks3
08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
So your total bill ended up being $4.97?:shades: OUCH... :tiptoe:

DiapHer
08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Nice... But Spec also had to pay the male prostitute.

NAY...Hobie works for food :hobie:

Texecutioner
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM

Good suggestion. That place is really really nice, and if you can get a 99 dollar special there then that is a sweet deal. I've always wanted to stay there.

Vinnie
08-07-2008, 01:08 PM

This was going to be my suggestion as well, for the money this place just can't be beat. It's also within walking distance to some great bars and restraunts in downtown.

hobie
08-07-2008, 01:17 PM

Sure, what is it....

Texan_Bill
08-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Sure, what is it....

:hobie: factory

hobie
08-07-2008, 01:19 PM
NAY...Hobie works for food :hobie:

I would normally be offended, but when I get hungry, well I do things that I am not really proud of...

Battle Red Flash
08-14-2008, 09:07 PM
We stay at the Best Western on S. Main near the Med Center. Clean. Nice staff. Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi. I found it through priceline.com.
We book it whenever they have a night game, and our wives don't want us coming in late making a racket!

imatexan
08-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Houstonian, Intercontinental,Zaza,Marriots ar nice.

bpe3
08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Houston hotels cater to a Monday through Thursday crowd. Rooms at many four star hotels are very cheap on the weekends. Wait until a week or two before the game, then go to Hotwire.com. Choose a 4-star in either The Galleria or Downtwon and you'll be fine.

bpe3