PDA

View Full Version : TEXAN's on NFL Radio

euro-Texan
08-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Sirius radio has the Texans scheduled this Thursday at 1PM in their Training camp tour series.

ObsiWan
08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
let's hope they post this on the HT.com website...
I don't have - or want - satellite radio.

Texans_Chick
08-05-2008, 11:28 AM
let's hope they post this on the HT.com website...
I don't have - or want - satellite radio.

Not likely.

Sirius Sat radio is worth it just for NFL radio even though they never talk much Texans.

stingray
08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Not likely.

Sirius Sat radio is worth it just for NFL radio even though they never talk much Texans.

I agree 100%. I get most of my NFL info on the chanel.

ObsiWan
08-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Not likely.

I've had satellite radio in rental cars while on vacation and it was okay. But daily my commute is so short - I live like 10-15 minutes from work - that I'd hardly make use of it on any kind of regular basis. At least not enough to warrant yet another bill.

and when I'm at home, I'm watching TV.
:)

euro-Texan
08-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I have to say that if I lived in Houston and could get 610 or any other Houston sports radio station I wouldn't need Sirius at all. With that being said, I don't live in Houston, and of ALL the national sports media, Sirius is by far the most knowledgeable and kind to the Texans organization. They have had a positive outlook on the teamís future. Generally, depending on the show, the hosts seem to know position battles on the team, unlike ESPN and other sports media who refer to former players or players who are on IR and PUP as if they are still on the roster and starting that week. I also have to agree that even when they're not talking Texans (90% of the time) it's almost always worth listening to.

El Tejano
08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I've had satellite radio in rental cars while on vacation and it was okay. But daily my commute is so short - I live like 10-15 minutes from work - that I'd hardly make use of it on any kind of regular basis. At least not enough to warrant yet another bill.

and when I'm at home, I'm watching TV.
:)
I have Sirius and if you don't use it for your car, you can also log on to Sirius.com and listen from your computer. It's awesome.

Texans_Chick
08-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey, we should try to call in on that day. If only to encourage them to talk more Texans. :)

El Tejano
08-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey, we should try to call in on that day. If only to encourage them to talk more Texans. :)
You know that is very true. If no buzz comes from putting Texans on the radio, then they are pretty much forced to look elsewhere for news to report.

Trail.Blazr
08-05-2008, 01:32 PM
ESPN2 is also running a show on the Texans Thursday at 3pm EST

ObsiWan
08-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Brilliant!

leebigeztx
08-06-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm a regular , eric in houston, but I talk about everyone. I always get through and would be willing to sacrifice my glory if someone would like me tto ask a texans question. Btw, sirrius has a unit called the stilletto andits a walkman like sirius plus it records. I've had sirius for over 4 years and its great.

stingray
08-06-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm a regular , eric in houston, but I talk about everyone. I always get through and would be willing to sacrifice my glory if someone would like me tto ask a texans question. Btw, sirrius has a unit called the stilletto andits a walkman like sirius plus it records. I've had sirius for over 4 years and its great.

Hey, I have heard you before!!! I usually listen to a taped version from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on the the river road of the Rio Grande River, (Border patrol agent). But anyway, keep calling.

ObsiWan
08-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Perhaps one of you web-gurus can tape... err, record the show and figure out a way to post it someplace for those of us too cheap... err, I mean not fortunate enough to have satellite radio...

Meanwhile, I'll look into how much adding satellite radio to my home set-up would be. I gotta have a transportable set-up that I can use in the car and the crib.

leebigeztx
08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
The stilletto is like $200., u can get a unit for the car for $28 at walmart and u can buy the boombox for 70 bucks. The service iss $13 per month plus a 1 time activation, but if u know someone with it, they can add a receiver for 6.75. I have like 3 receivers. u have to pay the yearly bil once a yr. Its great though.

TD
08-06-2008, 09:09 AM
I got Sirius for the sports packages, but have found it so much better than regular radio I think I'd do it again anyway. I realized it when somebody stole mine out of my truck a few weeks ago. Commercials SUCK!

Now that the XM merger is complete, I really hope MLB is an option next year. :)

I'm looking forward to the Texans report. We're a little starved for information in GA.

leebigeztx
08-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, once u get it, you'll never want regular radio. They have specialized channells like nfl,nba, nascar, as well as music genre's, news and the comedy is great. If you're a nfl lover, nfl radio makes espn look like a college production show. The ex-gm's , coaches and plyers give al kind of knowledge and keep guys out of fandom.

ChrisG
08-07-2008, 11:20 AM
WE JUST GOT BUMPED FOR GB NEWS CONFERNCE! :mcnugget:

Specnatz
08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
WE JUST GOT BUMPED FOR GB NEWS CONFERNCE! :mcnugget:

Do what?

ChrisG
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
they just stated the GB news conference will be on at 1pm, the same time they were doing the houston texans training camp

euro-Texan
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Well, it makes a lot of sense because the GB thing is so important to football. Kind of like the OJ trial was????

ChrisG
08-07-2008, 11:47 AM
screw the GB stuff...if i didn't have to hear about it for over a month then maybe i would care. Also what else is there really to talk about. He was signed for a conditional draft pick, and will start for NYJ

TD
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Mother F......!!!

ChrisG
08-07-2008, 12:03 PM
they just said they will be with the Texans after the new conference

they are at the camp now on NFL Radio but i'm sure they will interrupt for the conference

Brando
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I knew it!

ChrisG
08-07-2008, 12:10 PM
if we r cut short i wish they would start with the Texans, they are talking all Farve :bat:

too late they are at the conference!

ChrisG
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Kubs is on in a few seconds

:fans:

barrett
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
i caught some of the Schaub segment. what did kubiak have to say?

76Texan
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
they just stated the GB news conference will be on at 1pm, the same time they were doing the houston texans training camp

The Packers news conference was at 1:00 P.M. EST, Noon CST
It's over.

The Jets news conference will be at 6:00 P.M. EST

We should be OK, I hope!

euro-Texan
08-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Wow! surprisingly very little GB/Favre talk. Great interviews all around.

barrett
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
man! how great is it to have somebody else patting us on our backs? between this and the rome interview with mario, it's been a hell of a rah rah Texans day!