PDA

View Full Version : We need some anti-injury Texans voodoo

gtexan02
08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
OK everyone. So far we in the young history of this franchise, we have seemed to set records for number of IR players each and every season. The past two years have been particularly bad.

The problem is not limited to the Texans either.
Houston's biggest stars?
Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Roy Oswalt, Lance Berkman, Matt Schaub, Ahman Green, Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson

What do they all have in common? Injury issues

So I want some ideas on some crazy or logical things we can do to prevent injuries. Im talking rain dances, voodoo dolls, sacrificial animals....well, maybe not the last one, but you get the idea. Some beard growing, lucky charms, etc

We may have dodged a bullet yesterday with the AJ scare. So lets not take anymore chances.

So come up with something crazy and post it here. Pictures are great.

I haven't thought of anything for myself yet. Maybe if someone has an idea they don't relaly want to try, I"ll give it a go

CloakNNNdagger
08-03-2008, 08:26 PM
OK everyone. So far we in the young history of this franchise, we have seemed to set records for number of IR players each and every season. The past two years have been particularly bad.

The problem is not limited to the Texans either.
Houston's biggest stars?
Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Roy Oswalt, Lance Berkman, Matt Schaub, Ahman Green, Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson

What do they all have in common? Injury issues

So I want some ideas on some crazy or logical things we can do to prevent injuries. Im talking rain dances, voodoo dolls, sacrificial animals....well, maybe not the last one, but you get the idea. Some beard growing, lucky charms, etc

We may have dodged a bullet yesterday with the AJ scare. So lets not take anymore chances.

So come up with something crazy and post it here. Pictures are great.

I haven't thought of anything for myself yet. Maybe if someone has an idea they don't relaly want to try, I"ll give it a go

As I wore #13 throughout college sports and had good luck, I have always used bad luck symbols to create good luck.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_YnYPFi0DWY8/Rdqx0JzJP0I/AAAAAAAAADg/OAxjtVeLi9s/s320/bad%2Bluck1.jpg

Brando
08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
I'll start on the beard.:texflag:

barrett
08-03-2008, 11:11 PM
i'm fasting until the 1st preseason game. i'll apply some of that mojo to this cause.

J-Russ
08-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Ya'll should probably go out to Reliant stadium, make a bonfire, and do some sort of tribal dance to reverse the curse. You should probably offer a sacrifice too, I suggest blazing_arrow.

Ole Miss Texan
08-04-2008, 09:06 AM

I'm on board with this. I say we sacrifice a Jaguar, a Colt, and an Inbred err I mean Titan.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/glenalaric/jax_jaguars.jpg
http://www.indianapoliscoltsvolt.com/Images/Media/NFL/MediaS5000.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1001/nfl_ap_haynesworth_195.jpg
- "The Hayneworth Stomp"

Brando
08-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I'll have to do something else,the wife isn't to fond of the idea of me having a beard.:embarrass

Specnatz
08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I'll have to do something else,the wife isn't to fond of the idea of me having a beard.:embarrass

Well we know who wears the pants in that house. :scarygirl:

J/K

As far as actualy having a curse lifting idea; I got nothing.

Brando
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM

J/K

LMAO! I see it a different way...I know who I go to bed with every night.:tiphat:

Specnatz
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
LMAO! I see it a different way...I know who I go to bed with every night.:tiphat:

LOL

What? You have not purchased a comfortable couch yet?.

Brando
08-04-2008, 11:31 AM
LOL

What? You have not purchased a comfortable couch yet?.

lol I have one of those too. I just don't like to use it that much. :cool:

Ole Miss Texan
08-04-2008, 01:09 PM

J/K

So long as SHE'S not the one growing the beard! haha JK

chicagotexan2
08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I think we've had a bad case of Ojo. I will crack open an egg and put it in a glass to cure our team. If that doesn't work I will chew piece of red thread and put it on Mr. McNairs forehead.

gtexan02
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Step 1: I am no longer wearing any Texans related gear in the hospital I work at. I think this is bringing them bad luck.

Step 2: I am going to find something at the UVa football stadium with Matt Schaub's name on it, and attempt to place a bandaid on it. Pictures to follow if I can pull it off. It should help hold him together for the season

mariokickssacks
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Honestly, I think my black lab/german shepherd mix, Layla, may have fixed the problem. In years past, there would not have been an "andre johnson injury scare" it would've been "BALLS!!! AJ is out for 6-91 weeks!"

About a week before the Colvin signing, I came home from work, promised to take the pup for a walk, and promptly passed out on the couch. when I awoke, she had destroyed the only texans hat I have ever owned, my favorite hat ever. The very hat that had spent its entire life mired in losing, no doubt still wounded from the sesspool that was left in dom capers' (and the weasel to whom I only refer as "rasputin") enormous mouth-breathing wake. After I saw that the damage was beyond repair, I burned the remains, and in doing so, a dark wind filled the house. I opened the door and it left. As the dark cloud drifted off through the trees it was as if I could hear them saying, in a whisper, "Tennessee."

Look of us to be good and Tennessee to catch some seriously bad JuJu.

gtexan02
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Honestly, I think my black lab/german shepherd mix, Layla, may have fixed the problem. In years past, there would not have been an "andre johnson injury scare" it would've been "BALLS!!! AJ is out for 6-91 weeks!"

About a week before the Colvin signing, I came home from work, promised to take the pup for a walk, and promptly passed out on the couch. when I awoke, she had destroyed the only texans hat I have ever owned, my favorite hat ever. The very hat that had spent its entire life mired in losing, no doubt still wounded from the sesspool that was left in dom capers' (and the weasel to whom I only refer as "rasputin") enormous mouth-breathing wake. After I saw that the damage was beyond repair, I burned the remains, and in doing so, a dark wind filled the house. I opened the door and it left. As the dark cloud drifted off through the trees it was as if I could hear them saying, in a whisper, "Tennessee."

Look of us to be good and Tennessee to catch some seriously bad JuJu.

Excellent work

TexansFanatic
08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
How about we sacrifice Bud Adams' hairpiece on an altar at Reliant's 50-yard-line?

El Tejano
08-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm just going to pray to Jesus!!!!

Ole Miss Texan
08-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm just going to pray to Jesus!!!!

Ricky Bobby: Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for this wonderful game of football, my two beautiful Pro Bowlers, Walker (Dre) and Texas Ranger (Demeco), and my Red-Hot Smokin' Coach and GM, Smithiak.

Smithiak: Wooo!
Cal Naughton, Jr: Mmmmm
Walker, Texas Ranger: Ooww!