PDA

View Full Version : Good Article on AJ from Sporting News

stiff
08-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Good Read on AJ... For the 9 games he played last year he was #1 in yds/game and receptions/game. He ranked 3rd in TDs/game. Unlike the TOs, CJs etc Johnson lets his game do the talking that we all know.

Good to see him and the Texans getting some good pub.
http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20080803/?pg=6

Thanks I have corrected the Link :)

Mailman
08-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Good Read on AJ... For the 9 games he played last year he was #1 in yds/game and receptions/game. He ranked 3rd in TDs/game. Unlike the TOs, CJs etc Johnson lets his game do the talking that we all know.

Good to see him and the Texans getting some good pub.
http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20080803/?pg=6&cookies=1

Link's no good.

I love me some AJ and hope to draft him in my FF league, but I'm pretty certain those stats aren't accurate. He was #1 in yds/game, but third in rec/game (behind Welker and Housh) and fifth (behind Moss, Owens, Edwards, and Jennings) in TDs/game.

The Pencil Neck
08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Link's no good.

I love me some AJ and hope to draft him in my FF league, but I'm pretty certain those stats aren't accurate. He was #1 in yds/game, but third in rec/game (behind Welker and Housh) and fifth (behind Moss, Owens, Edwards, and Jennings) in TDs/game.

I think they're just comparing the weeks that they all played. So, cutting out the 7 weeks that AJ missed... for EVERYONE... who played best in those remaining 9 games.

But that's just an assumption on my part.

EDIT: Oh, and you CAN get to the link if you remove the &cookies=1 from the link.
EDIT #2: And my assumption was wrong, so nevermind this entire post.

Mailman
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I think they're just comparing the weeks that they all played. So, cutting out the 7 weeks that AJ missed... for EVERYONE... who played best in those remaining 9 games.

But that's just an assumption on my part.

EDIT: Oh, and you CAN get to the link if you remove the &cookies=1 from the link.
EDIT #2: And my assumption was wrong, so nevermind this entire post.

How in the world did the writer/editor fail to notice the 112 receptions Welker and Houshmandzadeh caught last year?

112/16 = 7, and 7 > 6.7

False Start
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
This link : http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20080803/?pg=6

That will work .

Its a good piece, just a few oversights . Thanks for the link . :cool:

Insideop
08-04-2008, 12:25 AM
This link : http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20080803/?pg=6

That will work .

Its a good piece, just a few oversights . Thanks for the link . :cool:

Yeah, that link worked. Thanks. It was a good read and I'm just so glad we have the kind of players we do. I don't much care for the "hot dogs." If you know what I mean. :shades:

BornOrange
08-04-2008, 02:33 AM

In order to understand stats, it helps to read the accompanying text:

"The NFL's top five wide receivers in total yards in 2007 - Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Terrell Owens - all played at least 15 games, compared with only nine for Houston's Andre Johnson. Based on per-game averages though, Johnson clearly belonged in their company."

Dancerdog
08-04-2008, 07:17 AM
You've gotta respect a man who goes out and posts the kind of numbers AJ does, yet is so quiet and unassuming in his nature. I love it. His humility and class are a refreshing change from the "hot dogs" in the league. AJ, may you have your best year ever and stay healthy. Please. The Texans are blessed in having so many classy players. Kubes and Smith have done a great job recruiting players who have a "team first" mindset. I believe this will be our best season ever. Go Texans!

Texans_Chick
08-04-2008, 08:14 AM
He points to Chad and TO as doing their flashy stuff as an entertaining the fans.

Personally, I find AJ catching the ball extremely entertaining.

Mailman
08-04-2008, 08:20 AM
In order to understand stats, it helps to read the accompanying text:

"The NFL's top five wide receivers in total yards in 2007 - Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Terrell Owens - all played at least 15 games, compared with only nine for Houston's Andre Johnson. Based on per-game averages though, Johnson clearly belonged in their company."

Maybe you should practice what you preach. My post made it clear that I couldn't read the accompanying text because the link wasn't working.

Giant Tiger
08-04-2008, 08:27 AM
:cool: He points to Chad and TO as doing their flashy stuff as an entertaining the fans.

Agreed! Especially in the end zone :texflag:

Ole Miss Texan
08-04-2008, 09:30 AM
He points to Chad and TO as doing their flashy stuff as an entertaining the fans.

The thing about AJ is that he looks so fluid and graceful. It's almost like he's jogging and it's effortless for him but he's flying by all the defenders. I think Dre is one of the most fascinating players to watch in the entire league.

Specnatz
08-04-2008, 11:28 AM

Followed by him running down the field for a TD. :kingkong: