PDA

View Full Version : There's Football on TV Tonight.....

MightyTExan
08-03-2008, 03:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules#Week
Sun, Aug 03 Time (EST) IND @ WAS 8:00 PM Tickets NBC

THERE'S MF FOOTBALL ON TV TONIGHT!!! :whip: :specnatz: :jogger:
http://www.imeem.com/people/fmcdx_T/playlist/6qzb8NPl/cbs_nfl_theme_song_music_playlist/

TexanSam
08-03-2008, 03:58 PM
yay! i'll be able to watch about a quarter of play because it's preseason and i don't know any of the players, but it's better than nothing!

mexican_texan
08-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Let's see...Indy and Washington....Oooh, I can see uh...did the Colts sign any rookies yet? Oh yeah, there's Colt Brennan.

ChrisG
08-03-2008, 06:30 PM
can't really get hyped until at least week 3 of the preseason, but that doesn't mean i won't be watching LOL

The1ApplePie
08-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Sorgi!
Sorgi!
Sorgi!

How does he still have a job?

ChrisG
08-03-2008, 07:17 PM
i wanna see the green dot on a defender's helmet,

1st time ever

oh and Addai is being looked already

edo783
08-03-2008, 07:18 PM
They sure like Clark.

edo783
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
That has to be about the 5th toss to Clark on the opening drive.

aj.
08-03-2008, 07:37 PM
While I'm happy that the unofficial start of the season is here, anything more than 3 preseason games in this day and age [almost year-round conditioning and weight program, minicamps, OTA, and training camp] is pretty much a waste and unnecessary risk to player health.

Corrosion
08-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Sorgi!
Sorgi!
Sorgi!

How does he still have a job?

How hard is it to hold a clipboard ?

gtexan02
08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorgi has some pretty nice stats for a bakup. Im surprised he hasn't tried to start somewhere else in the league

Career 61.4% completion percentage
6 times as many TDs as INTs
Rating of 90+

Giant Tiger
08-04-2008, 08:18 AM
While I'm happy that the unofficial start of the season is here, anything more than 3 preseason games in this day and age [almost year-round conditioning and weight program, minicamps, OTA, and training camp] is pretty much a waste and unnecessary risk to player health.

Agreed. Well played game IMO, considering it was the first preseason game (except for the bad snap by the Colts center).

HOU-TEX
08-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Hefty Lefty isn't just a lardass, he's a horrible QB.

Gray looked good

All of the Skins QB's looked good

H.O.F game should be included in the 1st pre-season weekend. 5 preseason games = :gun:

Ole Miss Texan
08-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Hefty Lefty isn't just a lardass, he's a horrible QB.

Gray looked good

All of the Skins QB's looked good

H.O.F game should be included in the 1st pre-season weekend. 5 preseason games = :gun:

I was impressed with Colt Brennan. Yes it was a preseason game against backups and he lacks prototypical size- but the guy made perfect throw after perfect throw. I think it was a great 6th round pick and the guy should make a good solid back up QB in the league. That's something we've come to find out is more important than it seems.

I didn't get to see too much of the game. How'd the rookie WR's look for the Redskins? Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.

I look forward to seeing Alex Brink get some playing time. I hav'nt seen much of him in College like I have of Brennan.

HOU-TEX
08-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I was impressed with Colt Brennan. Yes it was a preseason game against backups and he lacks prototypical size- but the guy made perfect throw after perfect throw. I think it was a great 6th round pick and the guy should make a good solid back up QB in the league. That's something we've come to find out is more important than it seems.

I didn't get to see too much of the game. How'd the rookie WR's look for the Redskins? Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.

I look forward to seeing Alex Brink get some playing time. I hav'nt seen much of him in College like I have of Brennan.

I agree Ole Miss, Brennan was impressive at times. His deep balls were very precise. His throwing motion isn't very pretty, but he got the job done. Albeit against the 2's and 3's.

Thomas and Kelly were not on the field. I think they said it was hamstring issues. Their second round TE looked good.

Ole Miss Texan
08-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I thought Mike Hart looked good for the Colts. There was so much talk about how he's not going to ever be a stud RB in the pros and that he's had so much wear and tear in college. But one thing I've learned from Smith and Kubiak this past year or so, is that they can make the most out of late round picks and no name free agents. Look at our RB's now in Walker and Taylor. I am extremely happy with how these last two drafts turned out and am looking forward for more to come. I still don't think Hart is going to be outstanding but the guy is a BIG competitor and I'm convinced he easily would have made this team (6th round pick).

I really don't know what my point is, I guess I'm just excited that football has finally started. AND that I think as a team, we're still trying to build SOLID depth at virtually every position so some more trade downs in the draft would be good.

All in all, Hart and Brennan were two great 6th round picks.

Drew_Smoke
08-04-2008, 10:42 AM
It was nice to have football to wager on again. This one was free money..lol

mexican_texan
08-04-2008, 11:26 PM

I think Brennan looked good technically. Jim Zorn looks like a good coach. On that note, I'd like to see Brink too, so if anyone has an extra ticket :D

The1ApplePie
08-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Fred Davis is a beast!

Go Trojans!:smiliedance:

I'm still waiting to see John David win the starting job in preseason. If not, he'll be starting before the year is out

HOU-TEX
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
FYI , Cards and Saints play tonight on ESPN at 7.

Texan_Bill
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
FYI , Cards and Saints play tonight on ESPN at 7.

Now that was an attention getter, huh?? :thisbig: