PDA

View Full Version : I think the coaching staff really likes Will Demps

gtexan02
08-02-2008, 01:39 PM
I just read that Will Demps will be the second player wearing the helmet, in case Demeco has to come out. What that tells me is that he's a lock to be on the field. All the talk about safety depth aside, I think Will is going to be a fixture in our secondary. What a great midseason pickup

HJam72
08-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Demeco ain't comin' out. :d: Just ask 'im. :)

brakos82
08-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Will Demps Dot Com! :user:

LORK 88
08-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Good to hear, I also think it has to do that he's incredibly smart and the FS. MLB and FS seem to be the positions that are the QBs of the defense. It's just scary to think that we picked him up during the season and he's become a solid starter for us.

Insideop
08-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I guess this makes sense. I mean who else would you logically pick? Diles hasn't played long enough. Greenwood has a lisp and maybe hard to understand. Both CB's are young and new to the system. That leaves Demps and C.C. Brown. I know C.C. has been here longer but I think Demps is more suited to doing something like this. Now when Dunta comes back, that will be a different story. He will probably be the 2nd choice when he starts playing this year or maybe they wait until next year to give him a little more time to get back to where he was before the injury. JMHO!

TexansSeminole
08-02-2008, 08:36 PM
The FS usually handles the responsibility of awaring his secondary teammates of the defensive calls, if they didn't hear the original call by the MLB, so it makes sense.

PapaL
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Probably a good thing we re-signed him this offseason.

TheRealJoker
08-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Demps has the ability to freeze opposing WRs with the Zoolander look long enough to deliver a bone crunching hit and break up the pass.

This is why he gets this responsibility.

Vinny
08-02-2008, 10:34 PM
how come every time I see Will Demps bat down a pass I hear this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMoqMNaFa8M)?

Pantherstang84
08-02-2008, 10:40 PM
how come every time I see Will Demps bat down a pass I hear this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMoqMNaFa8M)?

I worry about folks who post anime links.:thinking:

steelbtexan
08-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Good to hear, I also think it has to do that he's incredibly smart and the FS. MLB and FS seem to be the positions that are the QBs of the defense. It's just scary to think that we picked him up during the season and he's become a solid starter for us.

I'm in total agreement.

He is very smart like DR.

steelbtexan
08-03-2008, 12:20 AM
I guess this makes sense. I mean who else would you logically pick? Diles hasn't played long enough. Greenwood has a lisp and maybe hard to understand. Both CB's are young and new to the system. That leaves Demps and C.C. Brown. I know C.C. has been here longer but I think Demps is more suited to doing something like this. Now when Dunta comes back, that will be a different story. He will probably be the 2nd choice when he starts playing this year or maybe they wait until next year to give him a little more time to get back to where he was before the injury. JMHO!

I didn't know about Greenwood's lisp.

I just thought the Cool Running Jamacian accent was to cool for everybody in the huddle.

Hooston Texan
08-03-2008, 01:26 AM

Not unless Dunta moves to safety. The point of having the wired helmet is to communicate to the entire defense, not just one player. In most defensive alignments, the cornerback is in the worst possible position to relay the coach's thoughts to the rest of the unit. He's simply too far from the rest of the defense--especially the other corner. The guy with the helmet needs to be somewhere near the center of the defense, so Ryans or a safety make the most sense.

BattleRedToro
08-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Greenwood has a lisp and maybe hard to understand.

:spit: Come on, man. You didn't have to go there on "Ultimate".

JDizzle
08-03-2008, 02:24 AM

Sadly he is trying to catch those passes.

AnthonyE
08-03-2008, 03:25 AM

The fact that you actually know the song well enough to have it come to your mind every once in a while kind of scares me.

Though, now I may start doing this now, too. :X

Malloy
08-03-2008, 03:49 AM

Vinny, sometimes I worry about you :)

Dancerdog
08-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I am a big fan of Will Demps. He plays with ATTITUDE and hits like he means it. Hopefully some of those attributes will rub off on the rest of the defense. D. Robinson is another one that plays with ATTITUDE. Just love to see those hard hits he delivers.

J-Russ
08-03-2008, 11:57 AM

wow. If that video was on Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon, I would've been ok with it. But Sailormoon? I sure hope you have a daughter or..... :mcnugget:

Giant Tiger
08-03-2008, 02:05 PM

Agreed. Here's to a full season this year :cool:

GP
08-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Just re-watched the first half of last year's Denver game. I had DVR'd it.

Will Demps was making plays all over the field.

1. He slammed Brandon Marshall down, at the start of the game, and temporarily took Marshall out for a few plays. In fact, Marshall was wincing and trying to loosen his arm up the whole rest of the game.

2. Brandon Marshall was about to catch a deep pass at about the 3-yard-line, might have even been able to stay in bounds for a TD had he caught it. But, Will Demps timed his move perfectly and shoved Marshall (hard) at the time the ball landed at Marshall's hands. Result? Incomplete pass.

3. One of the Denver RBs (Young, IIRC) had blasted through a hole in the defensive line, and was quickly into the second level and was about to be g-o-n-e. Will Demps held his ground, refused to follow the juke, and form-tackled the RB for a dead stop right where he was at. Probably a TD-saving tackle (at about mid-field).

4. Cutler throws a DEEP pass into the end zone, and Sheffler is juuuust about to catch it. Will Demps anticipates the play and has adjusted his footwork/angle to make a last-second stab at the ball. Result? Incomplete pass instead of a TD.

And I still have some time left in the 2nd Quarter! I can't wait to see what else he does in the game.

I wanted to post this because I remember this thread from several days ago, and I wanted to take a trip down memory lane as we prepare to play Houston North again.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2008, 06:20 PM
And I still have some time left in the 2nd Quarter! I can't wait to see what else he does in the game.

I wanted to post this because I remember this thread from several days ago, and I wanted to take a trip down memory lane as we prepare to play Houston North again.

Go back to the Raider game if you still have it. There was a pass over the deep middle and Demps went Jack TATUM on the guy's ass and separated him from the ball. BEAUTIFUL play, clean hit.

And they flagged it.

Pissed me off.

But, yeah, there's a reason Demps made the ProBowl. He was making plays all over the field the last half of the season.