PDA

View Full Version : Camp Spotlight:Matt Schaub

Wolf
08-01-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4440

The NFL motto this year, “Believe in Now,” couldn't fit the Texans any better. It's the third year of the Gary Kubiak era and the team never has looked better. It's also the second season as starter for quarterback Matt Schaub, and that could mean all the difference to a team searching for its first-ever postseason berth.

Undoubtedly, Schaub wants to prove that he can be counted on to lead the team for the forseeable future. Last year, his injuries drew an incomplete picture after a blockbuster trade with Atlanta landed Schaub in the Bayou City.

“I expect to be on the field and not get injured and be out there for 16 weeks and help my ball club win,” Schaub said. “If I can control my responsibilities with the team and take care of the football, we’ll be in fine shape.

“Last year, everything was just new for me with moving and everything else that goes on when you’re in transition from one team to another. Now, I’m comfortable with my surroundings and everyone that’s around me, my teammates and the coaches and what they ask of me.”

DBCooper
08-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks Wolf.

I just hope he has been working on his chin.

We need you out there, Matt! (not intended to start a Sage debate)

False Start
08-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Thats a cool piece . Matt sure seems confident along with Andre and Walter . Lets hope so .

I noticed towards the end of the video when they are talking to Kyle Shanahan about the improved running game, Darnell Jenkins is carrying Dre and Kevin Walter's pads in from practice . It must suck to be a rookie . :heh:

barrett
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
yeah what a drag. he gets payed to play football. that does suck.

False Start
08-01-2008, 03:09 PM
yeah what a drag. he gets payed to play football. that does suck.

Thats exactly what I meant ! :thumbup

Dancerdog
08-02-2008, 10:43 AM
I am hoping for big things from Matt Schaub this season. He's had a year to get settled in and has had time to get plenty of reps this TC with his receivers. I see Matt posting big numbers this season. He's certainly got a great receiving corps. Johnson, Walter, Davis and Jones are definitely not a shabby group to have. C'mon Jacoby, I expect a great year from you. You showed us early last season what you were made of. I just know you're gonna do great things this season.

Thorn
08-02-2008, 11:00 AM
I want Schaub to have a pro bowl year and prove all my previous posts about the trade to aquire him wrong.

This is one case where being wrong is a good thing.