PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for taking my son to a Texans Practice...

Luv_ya_blue
07-31-2008, 10:22 PM
I'd like to take my son (and wife) to a Texans practice one afternoon.

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know anything about how I should go about it.

Are there tickets that have to be purchased?
Are there better days to go than others?
What time is the best time to go?
What times CAN you go?
How close can you get to the players?
Do they sign autographs or anything like that?
I've gotta drive over an hour to get there...so I wanna make sure it's well worth the trip. Keaton (my son) would have an awesome time getting to see them practice. Everytime we drive past the bubble he says, "Hey Dad, you see that big white balloon over there? THAT is where the Texans practice."

ANY SUGGESTIONS AND/OR RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
:tiphat:

AnthonyE
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
I'd like to take my son (and wife) to a Texans practice one afternoon.

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know anything about how I should go about it.

Are there tickets that have to be purchased?
Are there better days to go than others?
What time is the best time to go?
What times CAN you go?
How close can you get to the players?
Do they sign autographs or anything like that?
I've gotta drive over an hour to get there...so I wanna make sure it's well worth the trip. Keaton (my son) would have an awesome time getting to see them practice. Everytime we drive past the bubble he says, "Hey Dad, you see that big white balloon over there? THAT is where the Texans practice."

ANY SUGGESTIONS AND/OR RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
:tiphat:

I haven't gone to a practice this year, but I'll try to answer your questions.

1. You had to get tickets from a Wachovia bank, I don't know if you can still get them there, but apparently they really haven't been asking for them once you get to the practice.
2. I think all days are basically the same, lol.
3. Go in the morning. I think today was the only night practice one could go to. If you go in the afternoon it'd be waaaay too hot.
4. It seems like there's only one day left. It's this Saturday morning: 8:30 to 10:45.
5. The players are like crazy close. When I went a couple of years ago they were within "listening distance".
6. At the end of the practices, I believe you can get the autographs. But I'm not so sure on this one. The only practices I have been to are the night ones.

Just remember that there's only one practice left! This Saturday. :o

If you end up going have fun. :) Sorry I couldn't help ya further.

Specnatz
08-01-2008, 12:51 AM
The next two practices I do not believe you need tickets from what others have said. so take him and enjoy and Ihope you get some decent autographs.

Dancerdog
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Morning practice is the best bet, due to the afternoon heat as stated above. I'm not sure about the ticket situation if you don't have one and being let in. I have 2 tickets for Saturday morning if you want them. If you get there by 8:00 you should be able to get a seat in the bleachers. Otherwise you'll be standing. Let me know if you want the tix. dancerdog12@comcast.net