PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Talk to Mr Smith

hellbentforfootball
07-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Guys I have lucked out and won VIP tix to practice for this Sat. A.M. practice (it was on 610 six pack trivia last Fri. Anyway supposedly the GM is gonna be there mingling with the attendees, all I want to tell him is thank you for making this team respectable, and that I have been a season ticket holder since day one and have heard ALOT of grief from friends and family as to how I can justify giving this organization my hard earned pennies, Well, this is the season I get to say "this is why I do it." So I'll try not to hyper-ventiliate when I have my opprutunity(sp?) but I tend to freeze up when these types of situations present themselves. Oh yeah and LOTS of pictures.
:smiliedance: :splits: :specnatz: :thisbig: :whip: :mshadows:

AnthonyE
07-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Guys I have lucked out and won VIP tix to practice for this Sat. A.M. practice (it was on 610 six pack trivia last Fri. Anyway supposedly the GM is gonna be there mingling with the attendees, all I want to tell him is thank you for making this team respectable, and that I have been a season ticket holder since day one and have heard ALOT of grief from friends and family as to how I can justify giving this organization my hard earned pennies, Well, this is the season I get to say "this is why I do it." So I'll try not to hyper-ventiliate when I have my opprutunity(sp?) but I tend to freeze up when these types of situations present themselves. Oh yeah and LOTS of pictures.

O_O Wow! Congrats man! I'd be the same way if I were you, lol...

Be sure to tell us how it went after it's over. And have fun! :o

DiehardChris
07-31-2008, 06:23 PM

I heard that on 610. It was the greatest over-the-top movie villains trivia, right? I need to call in when they do movie stuff because I always know all or most of those answers.

Please also tell Rick that all us fans think he's incredibly good at his job and we appreciate it.

kiwitexansfan
07-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Please also tell Rick that all us fans think he's incredibly good at his job and we appreciate it.

I second this, shake that mans hand and tell him that he is our hero!

Giant Tiger
07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
I heard that on 610. It was the greatest over-the-top movie villains trivia, right? I need to call in when they do movie stuff because I always know all or most of those answers.

Agreed! :)

whiskeyrbl
07-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Yes tell him for all of us.

TexansLucky13
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Best.... GM.... Ever....

TexansFanatic
07-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Ten years from now, after the Texans current roster has won 4 Super Bowls, NFL Films will do a feature on the Houston Texans glory years. It will highlight the amazing drafts and free agent acquisitions by one Rick Smith.

euro-Texan
07-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I thought I was the only one who knew the "blue velvet" quote but as an online listener, I was about a minute delayed. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway

ubecool454
08-01-2008, 10:32 AM

You make sure you shake Rick Smiths' hand for me too. Have fun and tell him to have Kubiak call me if he needs anymore advice

OzzO
08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Ask him to join Texanstalk and associate with us commoners.

chicagotexan2
08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Ask him to bring back the white helmets and tell him he's doing a great job.

DiehardChris
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I thought I was the only one who knew the "blue velvet" quote but as an online listener, I was about a minute delayed. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway

I knew that one, I love that movie... the one I wouldn't have gotten was the John Malcovich question. I knew it was him, but my first guess was that the clip was from that Con-Air movie where I think he played a psycho killer... didn't realize it was from that other movie.

Goldensilence
08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Ask him to join Texanstalk and associate with us commoners.

Second this.

disaacks3
08-01-2008, 01:43 PM
I thanked him LAST year at the rookie breakfast. He seems to be a really nice guy - I asked him to autograph the yearbook, as I saw him as the primary architect of its contents.

(In my view - McNair is the Developer, Smith is the Architect, and Kubiak is Head of Construction)

barrett
08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
we call them the trilogy. i'd have to dig up that thread but it's stated as fact.

Insideop
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I thanked him LAST year at the rookie breakfast. He seems to be a really nice guy - I asked him to autograph the yearbook, as I saw him as the primary architect of its contents.

(In my view - McNair is the Developer, Smith is the Architect, and Kubiak is Head of Construction)

Don't forget Olsen, the "Contract Man." He's got us out of "Cap Hell!" :evilb:

kiwitexansfan
08-02-2008, 06:47 AM
I think the team is superbly managed in all areas of the front office. We are very lucky to have the quality of people that we do in charge.

ObsiWan
08-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Ask him to bring back the white helmets and tell him he's doing a great job.

ummmm... just tell him thanks. the blue helmets are just fine, thank you.
And it would be nice if he had the time to visit the msg board from time to time. Preferably this one, but I'd understand if he went to the "official" ht.com board.

Thorn
08-02-2008, 10:35 AM
ummmm... just tell him thanks. the blue helmets are just fine, thank you.
And it would be nice if he had the time to visit the msg board from time to time. Preferably this one, but I'd understand if he went to the "official" ht.com board.

I remember when Chase Masterson (Leeta on Deep Space 9) registered an account and posted on the TrekBBS. A moderator banned her because he thought she was a troll just using the name. She got her account back and made some nice posts, but to this day that mod still takes crap from everyone for that. LOL