PDA

View Full Version : Texans Not Happy with Status Quo

Tailgate
07-31-2008, 12:14 PM
More from our AFC Blogger Kuharsky. Nice little run down from after his visit to H-town.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=kuharsky_paul&id=3512379

The Houston Texans have a positive buzz at training camp, the sort that's never existed before for a seven-year team. Some players have tiptoed around it and stopped just short of saying the follow-up to an 8-8 season is playoffs or bust. But the Texans' expect to be a breakout team that the rest of the league will have no choice but to talk about.

"It's a whole different world from two years ago to now -- players-wise, coaching-wise and absolutely expectations-wise," he said. "The attitudes of players are so much better as far as guys just want to win and do the right things and go to work every day and play like a champion."

b0ng
07-31-2008, 01:47 PM
I like that an ESPN writer is giving us some posotive notes. I just hope that what appears to be a good training camp (so far), isn't wasted and we take that next step to playoff land.

PHAROAH
07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
The Texans are going to do the steelers in on week 1.

Insideop
07-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Good article. Thanks for posting it.

I have to agree with this statement at the end.

"We'll know an awful lot about the Texans after a brutal five-game opening run that includes three division games in a row."

It's something I've been saying/posting for awhile now. If we can come out of those games at 3-2 or 4-1, look out NFL! 5-0, and this town will be ready to explode! :wild: But, even if we come out at 2-3 or 1-4, it's not time to throw in the towel, especially if they play all of those games close and fight to the end. The only thing I see that could wreck the whole season is, as always, injuries. JMHO!

brakos82
07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Good article. Thanks for posting it.

I have to agree with this statement at the end.

"We'll know an awful lot about the Texans after a brutal five-game opening run that includes three division games in a row."

It's something I've been saying/posting for awhile now. If we can come out of those games at 3-2 or 4-1, look out NFL! 5-0, and this town will be ready to explode! :wild: But, even if we come out at 2-3 or 1-4, it's not time to throw in the towel, especially if they play all of those games close and fight to the end. The only thing I see that could wreck the whole season is, as always, injuries. JMHO!
The Rams have a similar super-difficult schedule to start. Even if they start off 1-6, even 0-7, I'd say they can still end up 7-9 or 8-8.