PDA

View Full Version : Article on Adibi

J-Russ
07-28-2008, 02:31 PM
He has 34-inch arms, a 30-inch vertical jump and can cover 40 yards in 4.6 seconds — three reasons Smith touted him as "one of my favorite players in this whole (draft) class.

For now, at least, Adibi is an understudy to starting outside linebackers Morlon Greenwood and Zac Diles. Adibi will make an immediate contribution on special teams, because Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer considers nobody exempt from that facet of the game. Texans coach Gary Kubiak calls Adibi a potential training camp surprises.

"There are some things you can’t teach in football,” Kubiak said. "There are instincts that you can’t teach. He really has a nose for the ball, seems like good things happen to him.”

Adibi wears No. 52. If you’re number impaired or too cheap to spring for a game program, you can generally find him by looking for the ball. As a senior, Adibi was the leading tackler on the nation’s No. 1 scoring defense. His 40-yard interception return for a touchdown secured a 30-16 victory over Boston College in the ACC title game

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5910588.html

I didn't knew he was Nigerian, so now that makes three on our team, Amobi, N.D, and now Adibi.

I hope he can contribute early in the season on defense. I like this pick, especially where we got him, and feel he could be the one of the draft biggest steals.

Kaiser Toro
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Frank Okam is of Nigerian descent as well.

gary
07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Maybe he'll help out and get some sacks.

Eight Gov
07-29-2008, 04:34 AM
I like Adibi to produce a lot. Maybe not right away but I think he'll be a major factor down the road.

Seņor Stan
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I love the fact he will be playing with a serious chip on his shoulder.

J-Russ
07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
(UPDATE: Monday, July 28) - According to the Houston Chronicle, Texans defensive coordinator Richard Smith says rookie Xavier Adibi "really came on during the OTAs" and has impressed this summer. Thought was given to trying Adibi on the strong side, but he's behind WLB Morlon Greenwood right now. Adibi has a higher ceiling than Greenwood and may already be a better playmaker. Don't expect Greenwood to keep his job all year.

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2008/07/texans_fans_please_take_your_s.html

Adibi and Molden is really going to help on those screen plays this year, something that Morlon had a problem handling last year.

*flashback of the Miami game*

:gun: