PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp: so far, so good.

dalemurphy
07-27-2008, 09:09 PM
1. No injuries!
2. Mario looks unstoppable! the rest of the DL looks good as well. I saw a clip of Thompson coming off the edge and was impressed.
3. Molden is doing well.
4. Robinson is ahead of schedule. I think it's pretty safe to expect him back vs. Minnesota at the latest.
5. AJ's healthy.
6. According to JM, Brown's been good in pass protection.
7. Roberson is emerging as a potential dime CB- meaning we may not have to settle with Faggins or Fletcher, instead, they'll have to win the job.

This team is light years ahead of the team that finished 8-8. Furthermore, the amount of young, coachable, and talented athletes on this team is impressive. We could be setting up to make a nice long run the next 5-6years.

Spike
07-27-2008, 10:41 PM
A couple of other good items:

(1) Ahman appears to be healthy and looking like the clear starter.
(2) Chaun Thompson may be a surprise addition at LB.

Although we are only three days into camp, I am knocking on wood. It will be very interesting to see how things continue to develop in the coming weeks...especially in connection with the development of some of the younger players.

barrett
07-28-2008, 03:56 AM
do they practice over the next few days or is it classroom stuff only? the training camp schedule is kind of foggy.

aj.
07-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Any reports on Chaun Thomson? He left practice yesterday and had his knee heavily wrapped. Didn't find anything in the quotes yesterday and don't really have time to look elsewhere until tonight. 51 is definitely our biggest LB. Looks pretty badass to me.

pittbull3
07-28-2008, 08:50 AM
do they practice over the next few days or is it classroom stuff only? the training camp schedule is kind of foggy.

Oh its practice. EVERYDAY. Kub's may give them off one day, with no hitting, but the field will still be taken. They are in the classroom in between field sessions. The practice never stops....:fans:

TEXANS84
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Any reports on Chaun Thomson? He left practice yesterday and had his knee heavily wrapped. Didn't find anything in the quotes yesterday and don't really have time to look elsewhere until tonight. 51 is definitely our biggest LB. Looks pretty badass to me.

(on LB Chaun Thompson’s injury)” Yeah, Chaun could be out, it could be eight to ten days with this hamstring, so it’s set back for him. I think he knows what he is as a player and as a past rusher. The times going to hurt him, but I think we just have to get him back out here.”
Link (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4433)

Porky
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
So the first somewhat significant injury. Nothing major, but it might set him back a bit. I still expect him to be a heavy contributor this year, but it might be game 2 or even 3 in the preseason before he gets any game action. No sense in pushing a hammy like that.

NBT
07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Kubiak sure seems to be taking it easy on the guys early in camp becasue of the fierce heat and humidity. I know there is a lot of teaching going on, but I wonder when they are going to put on the pads and start hitting for real?

How is Schaub shaping up so far? Since he is the gearspring for this watch mechanism, he is the one I am most concerned about.

HOU-TEX
07-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Kubiak sure seems to be taking it easy on the guys early in camp becasue of the fierce heat and humidity. I know there is a lot of teaching going on, but I wonder when they are going to put on the pads and start hitting for real?

How is Schaub shaping up so far? Since he is the gearspring for this watch mechanism, he is the one I am most concerned about.

They were in full pads yesterday and yes there were some licks handed out.

IMO, Schaub has looked good in the short to mid-range passing game, but has struggled a little with the long ball. Granted, Saturday and Sunday there were only a few long balls thrown. Nothing to be concerned about this early in camp, but it did catch my eye.

:texflag:

spurstexanstros
07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
i appreciate all the coverage yall that are going to camp are giving. Here in Sa we have a total of 15 seconds of coverage on all three of the locals. We are starved for info here.

Why should I be supprised they all sent their guys to Cali for Cowboys coverage.

Hmmmm who is the official team of Texas? Id say the one that has its camp in Texas!

gary
07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
CT looks like a stong LB.