PDA

View Full Version : Texans Tribute Song

Texans_Chick
07-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Houston Texans Tribute Song Describes Training Camp Perfectly (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/07/27/houston-texans-tribute-song-describes-training-camp-perfectly/)

I think Hobie and DB will particularly appreciate the song given their on going discussions.

Texecutioner
07-27-2008, 01:15 PM
This is a good subject. The Texans really need to get a good theme song that fans can take a lot of pride in. I used to love the Houston Oiler song back in the day.

Houston Oilers #1!! We got the offense, we got the defense. I can't remember the entire song, but it was great when the entire astrodome used to sing along.

Hardcore Texan
07-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Houston Texans Tribute Song Describes Training Camp Perfectly (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/07/27/houston-texans-tribute-song-describes-training-camp-perfectly/)

I think Hobie and DB will particularly appreciate the song given their on going discussions.

I saw your blog and checked out the new song, but did not leave a comment on the Fanhouse page. I liked it.....pretty catchy tune.

gary
07-27-2008, 02:13 PM
That is such a great song and it should get our team pumped up and ready for the start of the season.

Joe Texan
07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Great musician have tried but noone has yet to come up with Greatness for a team song.

All the entries seem to express what the songwriter wants to say when the song need to be what the Texan fan wants to say.

Texans_Chick
07-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Actually, I can't say I am really a fan of the song, though I can understand why some might like it.

It makes me want to drink wine because the song reminds me of cheese.

Andrew6
07-27-2008, 04:15 PM
ehhhh its slow, Its not bad just slow. I like the Clay walker one wayyyyyy better. That is a pump you up song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4f4Z6cuf9sw

Turn the volume up for that one :D

gary
07-27-2008, 04:29 PM
That is my favorite.

SheTexan
07-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Well, my big mouth keyboard will proably get me in trouble, BUT, that is absolutely the most HORRIBLE song I have ever heard!! It made me want to crawl in a hole and hide!! I would be completely embarrassed if they played that THING at a game!! AWFUL!!!!!! If you guys want us to be tagged "hicks from Texas" then promote that tune. It belongs in TENNESSEE!! JMO!!!

gary
07-27-2008, 04:59 PM
My mom taught kindergarten and said the song sounded like a Hooked on Phonics song for kindergarten. I don't think she cared for it went she said OMG. That's her opinion but the more I listen to it I think I agree with her and She Tex.

aj.
07-27-2008, 05:03 PM
We love it.

Signed,

Bud and Sissy

Buffi2
07-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Wayull, I don't think it is the most horrible song ever - but it sho nuf ain't the best...or should I say bayust. I did find myself putting my head in my hands half way thru it. It is better than that last one McNair had the Pep band playing last year.

I think we are still a team in search of a signature song.

gary
07-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I think we are still a team in search of a signature song.I agree.:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Texans_Chick
07-27-2008, 05:39 PM

I have come to love "Football Time in Houston." It's a pavlovian response to hearing it after TDs. I know the words, but it is hard to sing on key. Doesn't stop me though.

gary
07-27-2008, 05:45 PM
It is a fun song.

TexanSam
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM

I agree. Heck, I wish we could just make "Thunderstruck" our song. Anytime I hear it, I get pumped for football season.

As for this one...not a big fan. I'm not a fan of any of the Texans songs to be honest. The Clay Walker one is my favorite, but that's because this one along with that godawful pep band/fight song that was played last year are pretty bad.

SheTexan
07-27-2008, 06:00 PM
I have come to love "Football Time in Houston." It's a pavlovian response to hearing it after TDs. I know the words, but it is hard to sing on key. Doesn't stop me though.

Me either Steph! I think they need to leave well enough alone and quit messin with something that apparently has worked for several years now. I prefer the high school anthum type song they put out a couple years ago over the above mentioned hillbilly from hell song though!! :)

gary
07-27-2008, 06:09 PM
You do not like Football Time In Houston?

SheTexan
07-27-2008, 06:19 PM
You do not like Football Time In Houston?

If Clay sang "Houston TexANS," instead of "Houston, Texas," I would like it much better. JMO!! Doesn't really matter all that much though.

gary
07-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I see.

Texecutioner
07-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I couldn't even finish the song, it was so bad. That whole H O T part was really awful. Next please.

gary
07-27-2008, 06:57 PM
lol

Double Barrel
07-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, my big mouth keyboard will proably get me in trouble, BUT, that is absolutely the most HORRIBLE song I have ever heard!! It made me want to crawl in a hole and hide!! I would be completely embarrassed if they played that THING at a game!! AWFUL!!!!!! If you guys want us to be tagged "hicks from Texas" then promote that tune. It belongs in TENNESSEE!! JMO!!!

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not a fan of C&W anyway, but it's even worse when they do it with all the cliches....it's almost a parody.

Football is hard hitting, aggressive, angry, and downright hostile. There is truly only one kind of music that can capture that energy. We know what it is... :headbang:

hobie
07-28-2008, 10:05 AM
My thoughts exactly.

I'm not a fan of C&W anyway, but it's even worse when they do it with all the cliches....it's almost a parody.

Football is hard hitting, aggressive, angry, and downright hostile. There is truly only one kind of music that can capture that energy. We know what it is... :headbang:

Polka??

hobie
07-28-2008, 10:11 AM

Not a fan of the song..could not listen thru it. As for DB, he likes HOT Texans, as long as they can dance for him,and it really doesn't matter where they are from.... :hobie:

Texans_Chick
07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I couldn't even finish the song, it was so bad. That whole H O T part was really awful. Next please.

When I first started listening to it, I was wondering why they were spelling Houston wrong. HO? Texas?

I appreciate the effort though.

Texan_Bill
07-28-2008, 10:20 AM
We love it.

Signed,

Bud and Sissy

lol: Too funny!!!

TexanSam
07-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I think we should make "Big Bad Schaub" our fight song!! :doot: :excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXSsQkwScZM

Texans_Chick
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I think we should make "Big Bad Schaub" our fight song!! :doot: :excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXSsQkwScZM

That song is an illustration of how you can't write a tribute song to a quarterback before he has played even a full season or it is a total jinx and he will get all sorts of odd injuries.

TexanSam
07-28-2008, 11:44 AM
That song is an illustration of how you can't write a tribute song to a quarterback before he has played even a full season or it is a total jinx and he will get all sorts of odd injuries.

Actually, the song might be the worst one of all of them after listening to it again..

Damn Chronicle jinx

Double Barrel
07-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Not a fan of the song..could not listen thru it. As for DB, he likes HOT Texans, as long as they can dance for him,and it really doesn't matter where they are from.... :hobie:

Obviously, you speak of these Texans:

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/images/cheerleaders/houston_texans.jpg

Now go play with your sausage, boy :hobie:

hobie
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Obviously, you speak of these Texans:

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/images/cheerleaders/houston_texans.jpg

Now go play with your sausage, boy :hobie:

See, we all knew that is what you were going to do...sometimes the cover up is like coming out in full gear !! Enjoy the dances my friend !!