PDA

View Full Version : Anquan Boldin

beerlover
07-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Found this interesting, Anquan Boldin would be very high on my WR list if he is unhappy & wants a trade - what would it take? He would look great in a Texans uniform, not his fault the Cardinals are in a terrible cap situation. This is the kind of player I can forsee Rick Smith aquiring via smart trades as his cap numbers allow him the room to manuver & go after top talent.

http://azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2429

Saying he didnít think the damage could be undone, Boldin added he would play out his contract, which is scheduled to pay him $2.5 million, $2.75 million and $3 million in salary over that time.

While he insisted he never asked for a trade in the offseason, when asked if heíd want a trade now Boldin said ďI donít know right now. I canít answer that.Ē

Vinny
07-27-2008, 02:07 AM
He'd go to a team that needs a wr1 since I think he is unhappy with his contract.....I can't see us going after him.

TexanSam
07-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Not a chance that he comes here. He'll be just as unhappy here as he is in Arizona. He wants to be the #1 WR someplace. We don't need any more WR as it is. I'm perfectly fine with AJ, Kevin Walter, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones.

stingray
07-27-2008, 08:44 AM
I think he will go to a team like Philly or the Chargers where they need a #1 reciever.

BattleRedToro
07-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I think he will go to a team like Philly or the Chargers where they need a #1 reciever.

Or even the Titans.

Although, I must admit, I don't really want to see any of the other teams in the AFC South improve. :texflag:

Chicagotexan1
07-27-2008, 02:26 PM
The Bears don't have real #1 wr, but they don't have a # qb either. I'm sure Philly would love to get him.

Danish_bull
07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
He'd go to a team that needs a wr1 since I think he is unhappy with his contract.....I can't see us going after him.

Indeed. I think he wants more attention and hope someone out there would bring him in as a #1 guy. But you also gotta give him some credit for his hard work during camp and his contract patience has stayed for a while now. Really bad for the Cards if they doesn't try to do something out of this situation, then he probably would leave as he might expect.

There's no chance he would end up here:(:texflag:

beerlover
08-02-2008, 12:28 PM
to all the naysayers how about now (Andre Johnson - injured again)? if I was Rick Smith I would've been on the phone last week regardless, the Texans have lacked weapons from day one so if there is any chance to add a legit one to the mix you do it :foottap:

TexansSeminole
08-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't agree with the consensus here. He doesn't care to be the #1 receiver, he just wants to be paid like an elite receiver, as he should, because he is an elite receiver. He is drastically underpaid.

Let's review his stats over his first 5 years in the league shall we.

413 receptions; 5,458 yards receiving; 13.2 yards per catch; 29 touchdowns; and a total of 258 first downs through the air.

He went over 1,200 receiving yards 3 out of those 5 years. He averages a little less than 1,100 receiving yards and 82 catches a year. This is a guy who plays with another great receiver in Fitzgerald, so it is very obvious that he is a huge weapon in Arizona's offense, if not their main weapon. Oh ya, did I mention he went to Florida State. Thought I would add that in there.

He works extremely hard, always has, even when he was at Florida State.
He is a natural leader. FSU held a football camp last week and Boldin was cited as being the man that most of the recruits (4 and 5 star recruits) wanted to chat and hang with. Alot of ex-FSU playesr out there like Charlie Ward, Bryant McFadden, Peter Warrick to name a few.

I think Boldin would fit our team perfectly. I don't think he wants an absurd amount of money, he just doesn't want to be the most underpaid elite receiver in the league. Can you really blame him?

Whomever lands him will be more than happy, I promise you.

beerlover
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't agree with the consensus here. He doesn't care to be the #1 receiver, he just wants to be paid like an elite receiver, as he should, because he is an elite receiver. He is drastically underpaid.

413 receptions; 5,458 yards receiving; 13.2 yards per catch; 29 touchdowns; and a total of 258 first downs through the air.

He went over 1,200 receiving yards 3 out of those 5 years. He averages a little less than 1,100 receiving yards and 82 catches a year. This is a guy who plays with another great receiver in Fitzgerald, so it is very obvious that he is a huge weapon in Arizona's offense, if not their main weapon. Oh ya, did I mention he went to Florida State. Thought I would add that in there.

He is a natural leader. FSU held a football camp last week and Boldin was cited as being the man that most of the recruits (4 and 5 star recruits) wanted to chat and hang with.

I think Boldin would fit our team perfectly. I don't think he wants an absurd amount of money, he just doesn't want to be the most underpaid elite receiver in the league. Can you really blame him?

Thats what I'm talking about TexansSeminole, rep to you. By trading now with Arizona for Boldin he would have an entire pre-season with the Texans to learn the playbook, give Kubiack & Shanahan insurance with a true playmaker, like Andre without being held hostage by a groin, knee or hammy. the two of them together would be awesome he is another high character workout warrior, like TS states "would fit our team perfectly".

stingray
08-03-2008, 06:55 PM

He is a natural leader. FSU held a football camp last week and Boldin was cited as being the man that most of the recruits (4 and 5 star recruits) wanted to chat and hang with. Alot of ex-FSU playesr out there like Charlie Ward, Bryant McFadden, Peter Warrick to name a few.

I was never Implying that he wanted to be a #1 reciever but most teams if not all cannot afford to pay Anquan what he wants if the team is already giving out alot a money to a reciever.. That is why he isn't getting his money because the Cards have so much money tied up with Fitzgerald. He just wants to get paid. And as for him be a Texan, I don't know if you want your team to be so tied up moneywise at the WR position. And having two good recievers doesn't guarantee sucess, (eg- Cards and Bengals).

TexansSeminole
08-03-2008, 07:02 PM
He just wants to get paid.

Yea, but he deserves it.

And as for him be a Texan, I don't know if you want your team to be so tied up moneywise at the WR position.

You may be right, but with Boldin we would have a very dangerous passing attack.

And having two good recievers doesn't guarantee sucess, (eg- Cards and Bengals).

No doubt about that, but I think we are a much more well rounded football team than either the Cardinals or the Bengals, so I can see it benefiting us more than it has both of those two teams.

stingray
08-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Yea, but he deserves it.

I'm not disagreeing on this one. He deserves more than what he is making.