PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy fan predicts the Texans to go 1-15

Brando
07-21-2008, 07:02 PM
:thinking: :pirate:

Houston Texans: my prediction (1-15, misses playoffs)

The Texans are clearly on the rise, but just how much higher they will go this season is still in question. Offensively, the key will be getting the running game developed. Injuries have hurt the Texans so much at running back the past two seasons that they have not been able to implement the run-first offense Gary Kubiak successfully ran in Denver. If they can develop that if will open up more big plays in the passing game for wide receiver Andre Johnson and cut back on the number of times quarterback Matt Schaub gets hit. Defensively, the team must be effective rushing the quarterback. If the Texans are unable to apply adequate pressure, the secondary will be exploited, especially in the first half of the season when it will be without cornerback Dunta Robinson. End Mario Williams must pick up where he left off last season when he tallied 14 sacks, and defensive tackle Amobi Okoye needs to make a big jump from his rookie season to his sophomore campaign. The offense will change a little with the departure of assistant head coach/offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, now the coach at Texas A&M. Instead of using some of Green Bay’s gap sheme and Denver’s zone blocking scheme, the Texans will go completely to the zone-blocking scheme. Assistant head coach/ offense Alex Gibbs will oversee the development of the offensive line, which is sure to help improve the blocking in the run game.

1-15? Come on!

LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/35649-2008-nfl-season-preview-afc-south)

Be sure to leave a comment for this guy.

gg no re
07-21-2008, 07:04 PM
why are you reading stuff written by a cowboys fan

Brando
07-21-2008, 07:06 PM
why are you reading stuff written by a cowboys fan

I didn't know he was until after I read the article.

If we are on the rise wouldn't that mean we would improve on an 8-8 record?

brakos82
07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I didn't know he was until after I read the article.

If we are on the rise wouldn't that mean we would improve on an 8-8 record?
He must've switched them around. :D Or at least I hope so.

StarStruck
07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Wow! All I can say is simply, wow! Most Cowboys fans are so absorbed with what's going on in their own conference, little room is left to anyone with no bearing on their (our) schedule whatsoever. Hate the fans all you wish, but to blatantly try to further strife and devision not a good thing. Read the boards, the Texans are rarely mentioned because for the most part what the Texans team is or is not doing isn't the Cowboys business. When the few fans that actually make a negative comment, it usually come from those who have had the pleasure of interacting with a Texans fan. Most that I have encountered wish the Texans well and really don't take a vested interest in how whether they lose until we play each other.

thunderkyss
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
It's funny, he says we need to get the running game going, so we can reduce the number of hits Matt Schaub takes.

As a team, we gave up 22 sacks total. The 'boys..... 25.

We ran for 1586 yards. 3.8 ypc.

They ran for 1746 yards. 4.2 ypc.

We did it with scrubs, they did it with probowlers......

Don't get me wrong, I favor Dallas to make it to the Superbowl, but for him to suggest we'll go 1-15...... That just peeves me.

Drew_Smoke
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Now thats what I call a blogger....lol

TexansLucky13
07-21-2008, 08:13 PM
It's funny, he says we need to get the running game going, so we can reduce the number of hits Matt Schaub takes.

As a team, we gave up 22 sacks total. The 'boys..... 25.

We ran for 1586 yards. 3.8 ypc.

They ran for 1746 yards. 4.2 ypc.

We did it with scrubs, they did it with probowlers......

Don't get me wrong, I favor Dallas to make it to the Superbowl, but for him to suggest we'll go 1-15...... That just peeves me.

Nuff said.

:texflag:

stiff
07-21-2008, 08:34 PM

1-15? Come on!

LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/35649-2008-nfl-season-preview-afc-south)

Not only is he a cowsquirrel fan but also a tack fan, vy, to, and romo are his favorite athletes. But one thing is he is only an 18 year old kid who lives near dallas. He predicts the 'aints to go 15-1, San Diego to go 16-0, the Dolphins to go 0-16, cowsquirrels to go 16-0, redskins 1-15. So after taking 30+ years to go undefeated in the regular season this yeat there will be 2 teams?:thinking:

whiskeyrbl
07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL, seems I am not the only one that left him with a lil' Texans "How do ya do", what a dumba$$.

Brando
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow! All I can say is simply, wow! Most Cowboys fans are so absorbed with what's going on in their own conference, little room is left to anyone with no bearing on their (our) schedule whatsoever. Hate the fans all you wish, but to blatantly try to further strife and devision not a good thing. Read the boards, the Texans are rarely mentioned because for the most part what the Texans team is or is not doing isn't the Cowboys business. When the few fans that actually make a negative comment, it usually come from those who have had the pleasure of interacting with a Texans fan. Most that I have encountered wish the Texans well and really don't take a vested interest in how whether they lose until we play each other.

I don't know if it was directed to me or not but I didn't mean to cause division...I put it in the rivalry section just because like thunderkyss said it just peeves me that he predicts a 1-15 record. I really respect you and HoustonFrog as Cowboys fans and this wasn't directed toward either of you. I just find it ridiculous that he thinks we will only win 1 game.

BTW I left the comment as "Steel".

Wolf
07-21-2008, 08:54 PM
wow, Just wow

I can't comment on there and am not going to create an account just to respond but all I can say

"Signing everyone and everything and looking good on paper gets to to the playoffs and leads to the Super Bowl"

signed,
Dan Snyder (sarcasm)

GuerillaBlack
07-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Nope.

When I lived in DFW this past year (and unfortunately moving back for the school year; long story), I got flack for just being a Texans fans. "Hahaha, your a Texans fans, they suck!". So I would be like, "hit me up when the Cowboys win a playoff game this decade because they haven't won one since I was wearing Power Ranger pajamas". That day they loss to the Giants was so glorious.

axman40
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
This must be the same Cowboy fans that still think Dwight Clark was out of bounds on The Catch and never understand why they will never play the Packers in the Super Bowl!
:stirpot:

Dread-Head
07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
:mad:

REVENGE!

WesmanTexanfan
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
This kid doesnt really pay attention......

DiehardChris
07-21-2008, 11:29 PM
He gives all bloggers a bad name, and for that I resent him.

StarStruck
07-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Nope.

When I lived in DFW this past year (and unfortunately moving back for the school year; long story), I got flack for just being a Texans fans. "Hahaha, your a Texans fans, they suck!". So I would be like, "hit me up when the Cowboys win a playoff game this decade because they haven't won one since I was wearing Power Ranger pajamas". That day they loss to the Giants was so glorious.

LOL, GuerillaBlack, you lived in DFW. Wouldn't it be similar here among peers being one of a few Cowboy fans in a host of Texans? Imagine, Cowboys can't win a playoff game, 19-10, and countless other chants.:fans: texanpride :)

Specnatz
07-21-2008, 11:34 PM

Starstruck I invite you to come to 3rdbase in Austin for any game you wish, just do not wear your cowboys jersey and sit with us Texans fans and you will see plenty of how this group of fans you are referring to make no comments regarding the Texans. I will recommend that you do not bring any kids or folks who could get offended easily.

It is just an invite so you can see for yourself what no comments are made.

StarStruck
07-21-2008, 11:38 PM
I don't know if it was directed to me or not but I didn't mean to cause division...I put it in the rivalry section just because like thunderkyss said it just peeves me that he predicts a 1-15 record. I really respect you and HoustonFrog as Cowboys fans and this wasn't directed toward either of you. I just find it ridiculous that he thinks we will only win 1 game.

BTW I left the comment as "Steel".

Thanks very much, I needed that! Rivalry is a good section to smack the Boys, but seriously, most fans are too absorbed on what our season will be like to debate on whether the Texans are 1-15 or 15-1 unless the latter will mean a meet in the SuperBowl. For the most part, if we're out of it, we would prefer to see the Texans there than any other team.

StarStruck
07-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Starstruck I invite you to come to 3rdbase in Austin for any game you wish, just do not wear your cowboys jersey and sit with us Texans fans and you will see plenty of how this group of fans you are referring to make no comments regarding the Texans. I will recommend that you do not bring any kids or folks who could get offended easily.

It is just an invite so you can see for yourself what no comments are made.

LOL, someday maybe I will take you up on that. Did this come before or after the five years of 19-10 taunting?

Hervoyel
07-22-2008, 12:00 AM

1-15? Come on!

Be sure not to respond to guys like this at all. Seriously, what do you do with a troll? You give them silence because they can't stand that. Why does this guy pick the Texans to go 1-15? Because he knows some Texans fan is going to come by, see that, and get his nuts all tied up in a knot over it.

They'll quit screwing with us when we win and when we quit responding to silly crap like this.

DiehardChris
07-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Be sure not to respond to guys like this at all. Seriously, what do you do with a troll? You give them silence because they can't stand that. Why does this guy pick the Texans to go 1-15? Because he knows some Texans fan is going to come by, see that, and get his nuts all tied up in a knot over it.

They'll quit screwing with us when we win and when we quit responding to silly crap like this.

EXACTLY.

Specnatz
07-22-2008, 12:29 AM
LOL, someday maybe I will take you up on that. Did this come before or after the five years of 19-10 taunting?

Actually I have hardly ever taunted anyone first about the 19-10 except a few that I had worked with but that is expected. Besides I would never want to be kicked out of a place we were trying to call home for the Texans Games.

GuerillaBlack
07-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks very much, I needed that! Rivalry is a good section to smack the Boys, but seriously, most fans are too absorbed on what our season will be like to debate on whether the Texans are 1-15 or 15-1 unless the latter will mean a meet in the SuperBowl. For the most part, if we're out of it, we would prefer to see the Texans there than any other team.

Lies.

aj.
07-22-2008, 05:50 AM
When the few fans that actually make a negative comment, it usually come from those who have had the pleasure of interacting with a Texans fan. .

pssh, please. Who us? Couldn't be little ol' us.... lol

PapaL
07-22-2008, 05:51 AM
My choice words...

What a tool. Guy wouldn't know a football if he sat on it long ways. Please disconnect from the internet and take up stamp collecting. Football clearly is not your thing.

WesmanTexanfan
07-22-2008, 08:50 AM
i signed the T.O. one, I like how he had to point out that i really wasnt Terrell Owens.....

Texan_Bill
07-22-2008, 09:19 AM
My choice words...What a tool. Guy wouldn't know a football if he sat on it long ways. Please disconnect from the internet and take up stamp collecting. Football clearly is not your thing.

PERFECT!!

I responded to the above:

I was all ready to call this asshat out when I read your response. It was PERFECT!

[/END BLOG]

Brando
07-22-2008, 09:50 AM

You're right, I shouldn't have fed the troll. I guess I got steamed at 1-15.....Today is a new day. 1-15.:spit: silly boy

PapaL
07-22-2008, 10:58 AM
PERFECT!!

I responded to the above:

He replied back

lets see you write an article...smartass...

Texan_Bill
07-22-2008, 10:59 AM
He replied back

Really??? Alright, the gloves come off.

Showtime100
07-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I say we set his nuts on fire.

Goldensilence
07-22-2008, 11:04 AM
My guess in his haste and excitement he got the numbers backwards. That or seriously up here in Dallas I work with Highschool grads and truth be told...Not too impressed with the educational system here.

All remarks aside great season cowboys and fans. We're not quite there yet but I feel we're building something real special down here in South Texas. We've got a few budding stars with a good mix of vets. We've got a good HC and a great GM. We've upgraded our assistant coaching staff into one of the most solid in the league. We're not nipping at a 13-3 season yet but we're in a way tougher conference.

I look forward to in the next few years an all Texas Superbowl and getting a few Lombardi Trophies.

PapaL
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
You are up again TB.

My second post:
You're the one who claims to be a columnist - you should try writing an actual article first. Throwing crap together doesn't make an article. This is a mix of fantasy football and all the lead paint chips you must have eaten as a kid.

Two 18-0 teams facing off in the Super Bowl? There's a giant thick bold line with signs, bells and whistles that separates bold and stupid predictions. You obviously missed all that.

It's clear you are Cowboys homer with no regard for the rest of the league. Stick to what you know.

Takes a license to drive but any ***** with dial-up can post on the internet.

GuerillaBlack
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I want to play! I'll get him on his next response. ;)

PapaL
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
What a...he deleted our comments.

Double Barrel
07-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Two page thread devoted to a complete nobody...hmmm...must be off-season! :shades:

CloakNNNdagger
08-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Two page thread devoted to a complete nobody...hmmm...must be off-season! :shades:

A NOBODY??? Back off, buddy.....................He's a full-fledged COLUMNIST (Pro Dallas Cowgirls have only the high standards.):mcnugget:

DiehardChris
08-01-2008, 01:51 AM
A NOBODY??? Back off, buddy.....................He's a full-fledged COLUMNIST (Pro Dallas Cowgirls have only the high standards.):mcnugget:

LOL nice!

Dread-Head
08-01-2008, 02:18 AM
:mad: Must...have...revenge! Cowgirl partisan must suffer...but on another note: Guerilla Black where do you get the pics of the painfully attractive women you use as avitars kid? One more thing. Why does Showtime get his own Smiley and the Dread-head smiley still doesn't exist? I feel so...slighted.:crying:

AnthonyE
08-01-2008, 05:55 AM
He replied back

LMAO, I've been reading all of the comments and most of the things he replies with have to do with him writing these so called "articles". Really gives journalism (since that's what he wants call this) a bad name.

That makes the 3rd time he replied with this snappy comeback.

I wouldn't be suprised if I read this in his replies:
"liek, omg! i'm soooooo a columnist who writes articles! let's see you write one if u can. o wait, nvm your dumb!" <- If I didn't know any better, I'd say he wrote that himself.

HoustonFrog
08-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Heck I'm a Cowboy fan and this guy is just purely a dumb#ss. I predict 9-7 with a good shot with no injuries at 10-6. How is that?

Giant Tiger
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Just wondering. How can a team on the rise go from 8-8 to 1-15? :um:

Imatexanfan
08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Just as long as that one win is against the Cowboys I'll be satisfied. Oh hey Cowboy fan.......19-10.....hilarious.:spit:

Double Barrel
08-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Just wondering. How can a team on the rise go from 8-8 to 1-15? :um:

Well, not to defend the guy, but we did go from 7-9 to 2-14 at one point. ;)

The Cowboys have done something that even our expansion Texans never did with a winless season. They went 0-11-1 during their first year (and 1-15 in 1989).

HoustonFrog
08-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Just as long as that one win is against the Cowboys I'll be satisfied. Oh hey Cowboy fan.......19-10.....hilarious.:spit:

Come on. There has been a game since then...34-6 Boys. 19-10 is a little passe. But this guy is with the prediction is a moron.

Texan_Bill
08-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Come on. There has been a game since then...34-6 Boys. 19-10 is a little passe. But this guy is with the prediction is a moron.

Considering that 19-10 game was only the second time in NFL history for an expansion team to win their innaugural game - it will never be passe'.. :tiphat:

Live it, love it, own it!!!

Double Barrel
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
While I don't refer to our innaugral game too often, I mainly use it for the following math formula:

19-10 > 35-3

HoustonFrog
08-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Considering that 19-10 game was only the second time in NFL history for an expansion team to win their innaugural game - it will never be passe'.. :tiphat:

Live it, love it, own it!!!

I'll admit as a Cowboy fan and newer Texan fan that it was embarassing for me back then but....come on..move along. 19-10 is what makes Cowboys fans a-holes if people want to know the truth because that is when 5 SBs gets throw out. As long as it is history, why not :). It is one big circular cluster. I'm one of the good guys. As long as I have to hear about a few guys in the stands and some college friends making millions of Cowboy fans a-holes I have to somehow do some defending.

Wolf
08-01-2008, 04:52 PM
it was amazing how the papers trashed them

http://i15.tinypic.com/6f7ecdt.jpg

(I am not rubbing it in, just sayin..6 years ago(almost) wow time goes by)

Texan_Bill
08-01-2008, 04:57 PM
You are most definitely one of the good guys....

ready....

wait.....

wait.....

hold.....

hold.....

here it comes.........

BUT,

You being a Cowpoke fan is akin to my crazy uncle. We love 'em and all, but we know that he's just 'not right in the head'.

:whip:

ATX
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
So they're dyslexic too I see. 15-1 ain't too shabby

Ole Miss Texan
08-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I just read the quoted stuff in the 1st post... admit I didn't read the link. But I actually agree with most all of the stuff he wrote. I just don't see how that would make us 1-15. The record prediction is way off, even looking at what he wrote. His write up is a good indication that we might go 6-10... not 1-15.

I can't wait for the season to start, this year is going to be a really exciting one.