07-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Skins get Taylor, Dolphins get 2nd rounder in 09 and 6th rounder in 2010
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3497625

GuerillaBlack
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
*Snore*

DiehardChris
07-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Here's hoping he's healthy enough to beat the living hell out of Romo twice this season.

BSofA04
07-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Here's hoping he's healthy enough to beat the living hell out of Romo twice this season.
Word money!!!!

Allstar
07-21-2008, 04:28 AM
I would assume Mario is now a shoe in for the probowl, whether he deserves it or not.

whiskeyrbl
07-21-2008, 04:34 AM
I would assume Mario is now a shoe in for the probowl, whether he deserves it or not.

Nah with the likes of Freeney, Dumerville and others Mario will have to earn it, which I think he will. Didn't J. Allen go to Minnesota?

BattleRedToro
07-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Didn't J. Allen go to Minnesota?

Yes

Texecutioner
07-21-2008, 10:23 AM
*Snore*

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: They still have no QB. :zzz: :zzz:

gary
07-21-2008, 12:01 PM
I thought that JT wanted to go to a contender instead he is going from one pretender to another pretender. He must not be too happy about this move since he only has a couple of years left to play and try to get that SuperBowl ring.

Mr teX
07-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Damn, My boy D-mac is gonna be catching hell off the ends in that division.

Ware, Umenyiora & Tuck, & now Jason Taylor.....each twice a year.....that's a Qb's nightmare.

badboy
07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Texans were not interested?

ChampionTexan
07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
I thought that JT wanted to go to a contender instead he is going from one pretender to another pretender. He must not be too happy about this move since he only has a couple of years left to play and try to get that SuperBowl ring.

There's almost no such thing as a pretender in the NFC. Last year, the Skins made the playoffs, and beat the Cowboys and the Giants in the process. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years, GB will either have a first year starter, or turmoil all year (or both), I don't think anybody views the Giants as dominant - SB trophy and all, and the NFC South and West are a giant bunch of questions.

They're certainly not the favorites, but when you look at the overall picture, you can't say Washington doesn't have a shot.

As to Taylor's reaction, supposedly, he's already told the Redskins that he'll play out the two years left on his contract at a minimum. That's at least one year more than he told the Dolphins he'd give them.

gary
07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
There's almost no such thing as a pretender in the NFC. Last year, the Skins made the playoffs, and beat the Cowboys and the Giants in the process. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years, GB will either have a first year starter, or turmoil all year (or both), I don't think anybody views the Giants as dominant - SB trophy and all, and the NFC South and West are a giant bunch of questions.

They're certainly not the favorites, but when you look at the overall picture, you can't say Washington doesn't have a shot.

As to Taylor's reaction, supposedly, he's already told the Redskins that he'll play out the two years left on his contract at a minimum. That's at least one year more than he told the Dolphins he'd give them.The Skins have a QB problem.

PapaL
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Jason Campbell is hardly a QB problem. They have midget WRs - that's their problem. Expensive Midget WRs at that.

gary
07-21-2008, 12:59 PM
That older QB that they once had last year wasn't very good I can't remember his name.

drewmar74
07-21-2008, 01:04 PM
That older QB that they once had last year wasn't very good I can't remember his name.

Todd Collins? I suppose there is a reason why he's been a career backup.

I think that Campbell will be fine, but I think what some people lose sight of is that this will be something like his third new offense in four years. That has to be difficult on a young QB.

He's got a good arm. But the Seattle based WCO that Zorn is bringing in requires a lot of good timing with the receivers. Campbell isn't going to have loads of time to pick it up, either. I'd imagine that we'll probably see lots of Clinton Portis for the first few weeks of the season unless Campbell really "clicks" in the new O.

PapaL
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Todd Collins? I suppose there is a reason why he's been a career backup.

I think that Campbell will be fine, but I think what some people lose sight of is that this will be something like his third new offense in four years. That has to be difficult on a young QB.

He's got a good arm. But the Seattle based WCO that Zorn is bringing in requires a lot of good timing with the receivers. Campbell isn't going to have loads of time to pick it up, either. I'd imagine that we'll probably see lots of Clinton Portis for the first few weeks of the season unless Campbell really "clicks" in the new O.

Collins wasn't horrible, he did take them to playoffs. Like you said though; he's the backup.

Campbell is a good physical QB with a cannon for an arm. It'll be interesting to see how things progress. I'm not sure who their OC is now and if they are going with Zorn's WCO - since he was hired to be the OC originally. Hopefully they go with their strengths. (I get entirely too much Redskins coverage)

*Edit* Sherman Smith formerly TEN RB Coach is WAS new OC.

gtexan02
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
I think Jason Campbell has a lot of promise. He moves aroudnd pretty well and has good pocket awareness. I dont know why everyone thinks hes a big problem

WWJD
07-21-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm still wondering why they hired Jim Zorn as their head guy.

gary
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Campbell is going tobe back so it won't be Todd?

Mr teX
07-21-2008, 01:42 PM

I like that they went with a new guy instead of shuffling in re-treds who've failed 2 & sometimes 3 times over.

Worst case scenario, u wind up with such turds as Nick Satan or Bobby "Pig Suey" Petrino.

But those are extreme cases & usually don't happen with guys who've already been in the NFL coordinating or position coaching. But for the most part, there are plenty of guys around the NFL who deserve as much a shot as say a Norv Turner this last time around. I wish more owners took a chance like that instead of hiring the safe guy.

And as for Jason Campbell learning a new system... once you've learned a WCO you've pretty much learned them all & i can't imagine any variation of the WCO more being more difficult to learn & excute than the webster's dictionary Al Saunders had him running in 06-07. I don't think it'll be as big a transition as everyone thinks.

PapaL
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM

Zorn wasn't their HC initially. He was hired as the OC and then Gibbs walked away and the house folded. All the good/new and up and coming coaches had been taken so they had no choice but to promote the new guy to HC. (Though most fans wanted either the OC or DC under Gibbs to take over but then the other one would have probably walked away.)

Campbell was looking good before the injury and as Mr teX said if you can get Saunders and his bajillion page WCO offense down everything else is simple math.

J-Russ
07-21-2008, 09:03 PM
The Skins have a QB problem.

So did the Giants. http://216.157.146.180/bbs_images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

The Skins are just as capable as any other team in the NFC East, to go deep in the post-season.

J-Russ
07-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Jason Campbell is hardly a QB problem. They have midget WRs - that's their problem. Expensive Midget WRs at that.

And they spent all three of their 2nd round picks to fix that. I think that one weak spot has became a strong point for their team. They have drafted two really big, talented receivers at that spot, along with a TE.

drewmar74
07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Campbell is going tobe back so it won't be Todd?

Correct. Todd Collins was only playing because Campbell suffered a dislocated kneecap.

Saw that injury when it happened. I remember cringing on the couch....

gary
07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Correct.  Todd Collins was only playing because Campbell suffered a dislocated kneecap.Saw that injury when it happened.  I remember cringing on the couch....Now that I know that he will be back he has to fit in the new O.