PDA

View Full Version : David Carr now a musician?

GP
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Did I miss something?

I know the one on the right is David Carr, but who are the other two guys in this photo?

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2007/09/31588/400_jonasbrothers_070925_fharrison_76337787.jpg

GP
07-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Bwahahaha!

I have two girls, 4 and 8. They watch Disney Channel, which means I watch Disney Channel.

And, I gotta say this: That one Jonas kid, the one who looks like DC, is weirding me out. The dude is David Carr's twin.

GP
07-16-2008, 12:09 AM
WHAT THE HELL?

There's a gay.com advertisement on the far right of this website!

Two guys whispering to each other. I copied the image address because sometimes the ad is rotating ad and isn't on here all the time, here it is:

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CLPL4ZL9qPm9ZxB4GMIEMgjAIC6AD-Jneg

I know it's 2008, but still...I am confused when I'm on texanstalk.com as to whether I should choose the ad with the big-chested girl for "Christian Dating.com" or hit gay.com over on the right side of this page. Who is making the marketing decisions at texanstalk.com? Wow.

TexansLucky13
07-16-2008, 12:13 AM
WHAT THE HELL?

There's a gay.com advertisement on the far right of this website!

Two guys whispering to each other. I copied the image address because sometimes the ad is rotating ad and isn't on here all the time, here it is:

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CLPL4ZL9qPm9ZxB4GMIEMgjAIC6AD-Jneg

I know it's 2008, but still...I am confused when I'm on texanstalk.com as to whether I should choose the ad with the big-chested girl for "Christian Dating.com" or hit gay.com over on the right side of this page. Who is making the marketing decisions at texanstalk.com? Wow.

OH MY GOD! I see it too!

I have nothing against gay people but dang... is that for real? Why???

GP
07-16-2008, 12:16 AM
OH MY GOD! I see it too!

I have nothing against gay people but dang... is that for real? Why???

Oh, I know why it's on here:

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/vince_young_shirtless.jpg

Wolf
07-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't have any ads that pop up on my browser ..

as far as the advertising, I know there was a thread on no sports talk about Christian dating ad or something like that and someone explained where the adds came from but I haven't found the link yet

found the link I thought it was, but not the answer I was looking for, might be under the no sports talk and on the sticky about pay structure

GP
07-16-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't have any ads that pop up on my browser ..

as far as the advertising, I know there was a thread on no sports talk about Christian dating ad or something like that and someone explained where the adds came from but I haven't found the link yet

It's not a "pop up"

It's ON the site, to the far right. It's a texanstalk.com sponsor.

Apparantly, texanstalk.com is sponsored by goodle ads, which then runs rotating ads of various other websites. I think.

Seeing the big-chested gal for togetherchristian.com was puzzling, mostly because it says "Safe Christian Community" on the ad itself, and yet here's this big-chested gal with a tight tank. LOL. Riiiiight.

But gay.com? :foottap:

Wolf
07-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I have no advertising on right side of screen

what browser you running?

now going to check my settings on this website..

khari style layout
pictures and such are permitted
hmmm

DiehardChris
07-16-2008, 12:34 AM
OH my God! There might be gay Texans fans!!!

mexican_texan
07-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Get with the times. Accept gay people and get Firefox.

Topher
07-16-2008, 12:37 AM
OH my God! There might be gay Texans fans!!!

O Noes Teh Gayzorz!

Wolf
07-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Ihad to do something in restructing the ads. I actually used a similar model that many of the other boards on F2Fa.com are using. The previous ads were bringing in nothing. My total Google Ad revenue for last month was $2.56. I put these new ads up with the Google Search bar around 1AM this morning and already we have earned $5.22 from them and that is encouraging.

When you need to search Google, please use the Google search bar from here. If one of those picture ads looks interesting, please check it out. . All those things will keep this place going. If we do start making a surplus after hosting is paid I would love to give back to the community here with giveaways, etc. That would be a great problem to have.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50161&page=2

I don't have the google search bar
but if it helps TT I will check it out

I don't know, I run firefox and maybe with the google bar, it gives the ads (tracking cookies or whatever they are)

PapaL
07-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Depends on the skin you are using. Certain one(s) won't display the ads.

---

Back on subject - Do he play the sax? If he looks like DC he blow just like him too.

GP
07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
LOL.

Revenues of $2 and $5 for the ads?

Pull down the ads and I'll send you $120 immediately--That equals $10 per month, which is double what you're getting for the ads.

chicagotexan2
07-16-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.americanpie.fr/contenu/personnages/tad%20hilgenbrink/band2.jpg

I still can't figure out how he was able to film American Pie 2 while playing football. No wonder he never could read defenses.

Wolf
07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
LOL.

Revenues of $2 and $5 for the ads?

Pull down the ads and I'll send you $120 immediately--That equals $10 per month, which is double what you're getting for the ads.

to be fair that quote was posted 2 months ago when it first started out (ad campaign)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//showthread.php?t=50161

GP
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.americanpie.fr/contenu/personnages/tad%20hilgenbrink/band2.jpg

I still can't figure out how he was able to film American Pie 2 while playing football. No wonder he never could read defenses.

LOL! Nice.

I didn't make the connection until I clicked your link.

Good one.

The Dream
07-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I can't say that's David until I see......................................

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/396532/HamburgerHelperHelpingHand.gif

THE GLOVE!!!!

TexansLucky13
07-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Get with the times. Accept gay people and get Firefox.

I do accept gay people and I do have firefox, but I still get the ads.

But whats your point? Does the fact that I am surprised when a gay ad pops up on the side of TexansTalk.com make me homophobic or prejudice? I don't think so.... it just means I was surprised to see it.

Would you be caught off guard if you saw ads for cross dressers, S&M or some other not-so-typical somewhat taboo types of things? Not that any of those are "wrong" or anything.

My point is, don't judge people by their reaction. It's natural. It's not like I am demanding that it be taken down or anything.

GP
07-16-2008, 03:26 PM
How about the California kid in "Remember The Titans"?

Supposed to be the big hot shot out of Cali...but he struggles with his inability to "make that pitch...I just CAN'T make that pitch!" all the time having the ladies swoon over him and his lovely locks.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_Remember_the_Titans/tn/kip_pardue_remember_the_titans_001.jpg

GP
07-16-2008, 03:32 PM
to be fair that quote was posted 2 months ago when it first started out (ad campaign)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//showthread.php?t=50161

Well, I am hesistant to donate unless it gets ALL the ads off the site. I firmly believe in a site either using ads or using donations, but not some of both. If I pay, I pay for the comfort of knowing that my money helps the site and keeps ads off it. For me to pay, then to still see flashing banner ads, is not motivation for me to pay--I'll just let the ads be the site's source of income.

Just how I roll. No offense intended.

And I really am serious about my offer of $120.

mexican_texan
07-16-2008, 05:04 PM
I do accept gay people and I do have firefox, but I still get the ads.

But whats your point? Does the fact that I am surprised when a gay ad pops up on the side of TexansTalk.com make me homophobic or prejudice? I don't think so.... it just means I was surprised to see it.

Would you be caught off guard if you saw ads for cross dressers, S&M or some other not-so-typical somewhat taboo types of things? Not that any of those are "wrong" or anything.

My point is, don't judge people by their reaction. It's natural. It's not like I am demanding that it be taken down or anything.
Wasn't directed at you, but now that I have your attention, get adblock and NoScript. Your computer will thank you.

GP
07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Wasn't directed at you, but now that I have your attention, get adblock and NoScript. Your computer will thank you.

Yes, the 17-year-old was lecturing me.

LOL.

And I won't be converted, so don't waste your time. It's funny that I must respect homosexulaity when my heterosexuality is not respected due to the ads being shoved into my face.

This thread was supposed to be funny, but thank you mexican_texan, for bringing it to a grinding halt. I'll do some soul searching and try to figure out how to get more secure in my sexuality. :tiphat:

Hookem Horns
07-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Actually the ads are bringing in about $30 a month. Not quite covering the $300 a month expense I am covering but something.

BTW, if you guys see something inappropriate like gay dating ads, or big chested Christian ads let me know the URLs to those ads so I can block them.

For example the big chested christian ad was from togetherchristian.com. I just went into Google and blocked that ad. Supposedly it takes a few hours to go into effect.

DiehardChris
07-16-2008, 05:46 PM

LOL.

And I won't be converted, so don't waste your time. It's funny that I must respect homosexulaity when my heterosexuality is not respected due to the ads being shoved into my face.

This thread was supposed to be funny, but thank you mexican_texan, for bringing it to a grinding halt. I'll do some soul searching and try to figure out how to get more secure in my sexuality. :tiphat:

Okay, since you put it on the tee, I'll ask.

How the heck does an ad for a gay site not respect your heterosexuality? If it doesn't interest you, just ignore it. It's not hurting anyone, and it's not making you or your family gay. Because homosexuality exists, and - gasp - there might be an ad for a gay site on a site you frequent - how does that have any bearing whatsoever on your sexuality??

I mean, really. I'm not going to sit here and say you're intolerant, but you have to know how that looks, right?

Scooter
07-16-2008, 06:07 PM
c'mon, does every funny thread have to get serious around here? lets go back to making fun of david carr.

DiehardChris
07-16-2008, 06:19 PM
http://phasezero.ca/jake/davidcarr/david-carr-gloves.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_tkzOCPlRHF0/Rwpr4XnXiTI/AAAAAAAAAT4/VV7CygBeKxk/s1600/likely3.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/gamerdude611/1486141181_9ad44a9fa8.jpg

http://www.partydomain.co.uk/d-commerce/media/main/2/22765.jpg

Hookem Horns
07-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I have just blocked 2 gay dating ads. What I find interesting is why are the gay ads mainly popping up on a David Carr thread? Hmm.

Google is supposed to read content and place the appropriate ad. The reason we might be getting some of the Christian dating ads is because some members have Christian type wording in their signatures plus we have a religious forum.

DiehardChris
07-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Okay, well I don't want to be a pest - but I'm not a Christian and I'd like all the Christian-themed ads to be removed as well. I think that's the fair thing to do.

mexican_texan
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM

LOL.

Don't expect me to ignore it. I don't tolerate gay-bashing any more than I tolerate racism.

GP
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
(1) I don't care how I "look" to the members of this board. This isn't high school, and I don't need a majority of people to tell me I'm OK with how I feel on issues...even the hot-button issues of today. That's how the Democratic party runs things (taking popularity polls to see how they should "feel" on an issue). Uggh.

(2) Thank you, Hookem, for taking the time to duplicate your replies on this thread when you obviously had posted them a few weeks ago on another thread on this same topic. I missed that whole thread, or I would have just contacted you directly.

BTW, Hookem, when the thread came out about the Pittsburgh writer who wrote a tongue-in-cheek article about how the Steelers were going to beat the Texans on opening day...the ad at the right of the page was an NFL apparrel ad featuring Steelers mugs, caps, jerseys. So, I think it DOES have something to do with the ad engine seeking out key words and then pumping out an ad that matches up. Ah, technology. Ain't she grand?

The1ApplePie
07-16-2008, 11:20 PM
I'll take the Gay ones if we can keep the Persian and Vietnamese women ads

As a professional Ad Man, the gay ads make perfect sense.

I mean, its a board about a sport with a bunch of sweaty guys in tight pants piling on each other for an hour.

TexansLucky13
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
As a professional Ad Man, the gay ads make perfect sense.

I mean, its a board about a sport with a bunch of sweaty guys in tight pants piling on each other for an hour.

In that case there should be TexansTalk.com ads on gay websites, not vice versa.

:tease:

But seriously, I don't understand why there are so many gay ads. Approximately 3% of American males are gay.... that's not a huge market.

The1ApplePie
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
In that case there should be TexansTalk.com ads on gay websites, not vice versa.

:tease:

But seriously, I don't understand why there are so many gay ads. Approximately 3% of American males are gay.... that's not a huge market.

Something probably matches up in the SEO guidlines that makes people searching for Gay Websites and Texans Talk have a common thread of some kind. More of a pure math thing than anything else

I could see "Christian" getting a lot of hits because of our posters and boards. Not sure where "Gay" comes up so much.

Hookem Horns
07-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Something probably matches up in the SEO guidlines that makes people searching for Gay Websites and Texans Talk have a common thread of some kind. More of a pure math thing than anything else

I could see "Christian" getting a lot of hits because of our posters and boards. Not sure where "Gay" comes up so much.

Maybe David Carr is an icon in the gay community for this stylish hair and gloves?

Ckw
07-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Okay, since you put it on the tee, I'll ask.

How the heck does an ad for a gay site not respect your heterosexuality? If it doesn't interest you, just ignore it. It's not hurting anyone, and it's not making you or your family gay. Because homosexuality exists, and - gasp - there might be an ad for a gay site on a site you frequent - how does that have any bearing whatsoever on your sexuality??

I mean, really. I'm not going to sit here and say you're intolerant, but you have to know how that looks, right?

I'd rather not make a funny thread serious so all I will say is this: Can we please take a poll of all Texans Talk members and find out their sexuality? If there is nothing wrong with it, then obviously the gay members will have no problems coming forward. I, personally, will not judge them. If a large number of members are gay, keep the gay dating ad. If few if any members are gay, then I say drop the ad. It's all about target audience man and in my opinion and probably the opinion of GP, a gay ad does not fit the target audience of this site.

Ckw
07-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Maybe David Carr is an icon in the gay community for this stylish hair and gloves?

Already gave you rep but I wish I could for this. Hilarious!

mexican_texan
07-17-2008, 03:59 AM
(1) I don't care how I "look" to the members of this board. This isn't high school, and I don't need a majority of people to tell me I'm OK with how I feel on issues...even the hot-button issues of today. That's how the Democratic party runs things (taking popularity polls to see how they should "feel" on an issue). Uggh.

(2) Thank you, Hookem, for taking the time to duplicate your replies on this thread when you obviously had posted them a few weeks ago on another thread on this same topic. I missed that whole thread, or I would have just contacted you directly.

BTW, Hookem, when the thread came out about the Pittsburgh writer who wrote a tongue-in-cheek article about how the Steelers were going to beat the Texans on opening day...the ad at the right of the page was an NFL apparrel ad featuring Steelers mugs, caps, jerseys. So, I think it DOES have something to do with the ad engine seeking out key words and then pumping out an ad that matches up. Ah, technology. Ain't she grand?
Yes, that's how those ads work, it's all based on key words in the page. Thus, if someone mentions say...the Philadelphia Eagles...wait for it...is there an ad for lozenges?

The1ApplePie
07-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Yes, that's how those ads work, it's all based on key words in the page. Thus, if someone mentions say...the Philadelphia Eagles...wait for it...is there an ad for lozenges?

SEO is a weird science.

Its really fun writing an ad for Kenny Chesney and trying to figure out how to get "Gay" in there somewhere to get more hits

Brando
07-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I'd rather not make a funny thread serious so all I will say is this: Can we please take a poll of all Texans Talk members and find out their sexuality?

Dwight: Jim told me you could buy gay-dar online.
Michael: That's ridiculous.
Dwight: Yeah probably. He didn't tell the truth a lot.
Michael: [sighs] Let's call him and get the website.
Dwight: Definitely.

Jim: What's gay-dar? Oh, oh, gay-dar, yes! No, uh, I think they have it at Sharper Image. Oh, you know what? I could check for you. No problem. [loudly fake typing] It's sold out! Yeah sorry about that, that's a bummer.

:joker:

Wolf
07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Okay, well I don't want to be a pest - but I'm not a Christian and I'd like all the Christian-themed ads to be removed as well. I think that's the fair thing to do.

I am having a southpark Christmas episode (of a few years ago) flashback :tease: