PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown

Grams
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beaconnews/sports/1050823,2_2_AU11_BROWN_S1.article

Did not see that this has been posted.

Hope I did the link ok. Just nice to read good things about players rather than them getting arrrest for one thing or another

BornOrange
07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
It's good that so many NFL players come back home and work with local kids. In fact, I just read an article this morning about some NFL players from Angleton having a camp next week.

Brazosport Facts Article (http://stories.thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=f218699c52183339)

Texecutioner
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
It's good that so many NFL players come back home and work with local kids. In fact, I just read an article this morning about some NFL players from Angleton having a camp next week.

Brazosport Facts Article (http://stories.thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=f218699c52183339)

Yes it is. Kudos to him for setting a good example and taking the time to create a positive influence.

Mr PC
07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I wager that Chris Brown will lead the Texans in rushing this year, possibly with +1,000 yards if he gets enough carries

Carr Bombed
07-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I wager that Chris Brown will lead the Texans in rushing this year, possibly with +1,000 yards if he gets enough carries

His biggest problem isn't the carries, it's staying healthy.

Hervoyel
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
His biggest problem isn't the carries, it's staying healthy.

Yes but if he can stay healthy then he's going to blow up in this offense. He'll look like the second coming of Terrell Davis if he can just keep from getting hurt.

PapaL
07-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes but if he can stay healthy then he's going to blow up in this offense. He'll look like the second coming of Terrell Davis if he can just keep from getting hurt.

SO what you're saying/thinking is; we're going to have a runningback who is going to be great as long as no one touches him? I wonder what Gary K. and Alex G. have in mind? hahaha

FTR - I agree w/you 100%.

ArlingtonTexan
07-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Of the backs on our roster, I think if one is to have some crazy 1500 yard 12 TD year, Brown is the best bet. Brown seems to get the nagging type injuries and while not a crazy fumbler, he does seems to have the habit of doing it just enough and at the wrong time.

TexanSam
07-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Of the backs on our roster, I think if one is to have some crazy 1500 yard 12 TD year, Brown is the best bet. Brown seems to get the nagging type injuries and while not a crazy fumbler, he does seems to have the habit of doing it just enough and at the wrong time.

He and Owen Daniels will compete for that title this season

DBCooper
07-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I think we have 2 really good backs with Brown and Green.

IF they can stay healthy, and I know that is the million dollar question, our running game will be awesome.

Keep positive thoughts! (Health for everyone)

gary
07-12-2008, 11:20 AM
What school did CB go to? I want to look for videos of him playing football on Youtube.

PapaL
07-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Colorado

gary
07-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I watched a few videos of him when he played in HS and he looked like does have some speed. He also has great eye sight and broke T's it really does look like that he has all the tools that a RB needs in order to be a great RB in the NFL. He still needs a little tweaking on his overall game though. I think that Gary K. will help him progress a little bit more and with the good OL that the Texans are starting to have he might very well be the next TD. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of player he turns out to be just like all the other unknowns that we have on this team as of right now. What a very nice young man and I sure do hope that he does make this team.

PHAROAH
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I wager that Chris Brown will lead the Texans in rushing this year, possibly with +1,000 yards if he gets enough carriesI'm putting money on Steve Slaton to lead the Texans in rushing 2008.:mshadows:

PHAROAH
07-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I think Steve Slaton represents the type of featured runner the Texans want because the Texans could have drafted Rashard Mendenhall in the first round if they wanted a bruising Runner to be the guy. The guys they have in front of him are injury prone as can be.

gary
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
They both have a case to be made.

PHAROAH
07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Chris Brown is a solid but nothing special I am wondering why the texans signed him

PapaL
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Chris Brown is a solid but nothing special I am wondering why the texans signed him

For that same reason; solid nothing special, won't break the bank, plug and play, low rick high reward.

Nothing difficult to understand here. It would seem they would rather spend the money elsewhere but we need one guy to "get it" first and then we can groom the late draft picks and wash outs into the position.

gary
07-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Chris Brown is a solid but nothing special I am wondering why the texans signed himWe'll see wich one of them makes the team.

TK_Gamer
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
I think they all will do well, but I also think they all will be fragile. so we will probably need all of them at one time or another. If slaton can a) make it around the corner in the NFL. b) take the hits without getting injured or coughing up the pigskin too much and C) can pass block and catch well enough to be an all around back, then I think we have us a potential Brian Westbrook. Otherwise he will be relegated to 3rd down receiver out of the backfield and slot. I think our best hope in the short term is Brown, Green and Taylor. If not I see a low round pick at RB next year. I really hope someone can step up and stay healthy and consistent. As much as I like Schaub and our receiver corps, we can not be successful if we are too one dimensional.

gary
07-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I exspect one of them to step up.

infantrycak
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm putting money on Steve Slaton to lead the Texans in rushing 2008.:mshadows:

FYI--McClain on 610 am this morning said Slaton is at 207 lbs now.

painekiller
07-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Is that good or bad?

Seems to be a pretty quick gain in size. :kingkong:

Can't wait for the 26th.

Porky
07-14-2008, 04:25 PM

He was around 190 no? To be honest I forget.

da Bull
07-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I think he was around 200 at the time of the draft. Also, he is listed at 201 on the HT.com website Roster. I'm sure he's been spending more time in the weight room now that he's going to get paid considerably more by the Texans than at West Virginia.

BTW, how does McClain know how much he weighs....unless the team is keeping training records even though this is a dead period. If he's that active in the weight room now (during the dead period) and bulked up some he must be taking his new job fairly seriously.

The Pencil Neck
07-14-2008, 05:49 PM
If he's that active in the weight room now (during the dead period) and bulked up some he must be taking his new job fairly seriously.

If this is true, then I am happy.

Or at least, happier than I'll be if this isn't true.

da Bull
07-14-2008, 05:56 PM
P.N.,

Had you not previously discussed weight training in reference to Dan Riley's techniques? If so, is it fairly likely that he has added bulk through a different training/diet regime that the Texans have put him on?

I'm with you, I sure hope it's not Momma's cooking that's added the McClain purported weight gain.

Brando
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM

I was watching the Titans/Chargers playoff game on the NFL Network the other day and he had a costly fumble in the red zone. Let's hope he doesn't have any of those type fumbles as a Texan.:texflag:

PapaL
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
207...isn't that around the weight Clinton Portis plays at and successfully played at in Den?

Not comparing their running styles just weights.

gary
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I was watching the Titans/Chargers playoff game on the NFL Network the other day and he had a costly fumble in the red zone. Let's hope he don't have any of those type fumbles as a Texan.:texflag:Agree. I remember that one.

Dcolbyt
07-14-2008, 07:33 PM
my friend is a buffulo fan and used to always talk about how they like classy players. well with all the troubles i have hurd from the bills and how all i hear are good things from our team, i just love throwing these things in his face.

The Pencil Neck
07-14-2008, 08:39 PM
P.N.,

Had you not previously discussed weight training in reference to Dan Riley's techniques? If so, is it fairly likely that he has added bulk through a different training/diet regime that the Texans have put him on?

I'm with you, I sure hope it's not Momma's cooking that's added the McClain purported weight gain.

Adding bulk is mostly about eating. If you eat and don't work out, you gain fat. But if you eat and work out hard, then you gain lean mass.

Can he gain 5-10 pounds of lean weight in a couple of months following what I know of the Texan's weight routine? Sure but it depends on his genetics. Most people can but people do have certain "set point" limits where it's hard to get bigger without either the extra weight being fat OR using drugs. I can't get over 210 pounds without getting sick of food.

He's still young and I hope that he's working hard and eating everything in sight.

infantrycak
07-15-2008, 09:19 AM
He was around 190 no? To be honest I forget.

He weighed 197 lbs at the combine.

207...isn't that around the weight Clinton Portis plays at and successfully played at in Den?

Not comparing their running styles just weights.

Yup--Portis was 205 lbs at Denver.

CloakNNNdagger
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
He weighed 197 lbs at the combine.

Yup--Portis was 205 lbs at Denver.

Funny, Emmitt Smith was also 5'9" and played at 207#.........he didn't do too shabbily............until he went to broadcasting, that is.:pirate:

badboy
07-15-2008, 11:17 AM
If I understand the ZBS correctly and the type of RB desired, then Slaton should do very well as should Brown. Not too sure about Green and the other two.

barrett
07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
i think green is ideal. he hits the hole incredibly fast! still one of my favorite highlights is him running over some safety by getting lower than him and breaking a 25 yard run. obviously it was early in the season. maybe the KC game. I don't know, but it was amazing.

Ole Miss Texan
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
i think green is ideal. he hits the hole incredibly fast! still one of my favorite highlights is him running over some safety by getting lower than him and breaking a 25 yard run. obviously it was early in the season. maybe the KC game. I don't know, but it was amazing.

That was an awesome run! I think it was preseason against Roy Williams and Dallas.

Here's the link but it doesn't work. Anybody know why so many youtube videos don't work anymore?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cC5pTaparbA

CloakNNNdagger
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
That was an awesome run! I think it was preseason against Roy Williams and Dallas.

Here's the link but it doesn't work. Anybody know why so many youtube videos don't work anymore?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cC5pTaparbA

The link works for me. It's probably your computer settings. Many times if you turn off your pop up blockers, sites like this will consistently work. (Then you can turn them back on)

PapaL
07-15-2008, 12:49 PM
They were are Copyrighted.

Blah Blah Blah Express written consent of the NFL and Blah Blah Blah.

PapaL
07-15-2008, 12:52 PM
It's amazing the feeling you get from seeing a healthy Green, Schaub and Johnson. If only...If only...

barrett
07-15-2008, 12:57 PM
if maybe, if maybe if maybe!!!!

dalemurphy
07-15-2008, 02:16 PM
It's amazing the feeling you get from seeing a healthy Green, Schaub and Johnson. If only...If only...

This year, though, we can incur two significant injuries at RB and still be in very good shape:

I'll gladly take a combination of two of these guys with Walker as the #3 back:

CTaylor
AGreen
CBrown
Slaton

knock two of those guys out of the picture, and we still have easily the best backfield since Kubiak got here.

DEPTH!!

NBT
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Well, If Ahman Green's knee acts up again (and they really couldn't find anything wrong with it last year), and Chris (Glassman) Brown goes down, we very likely will see Chris Taylor and Slaton, or Walker, taking most of the RB carries this year. Might not be bad, but you never know until you throw 'em in there.

CloakNNNdagger
07-15-2008, 04:23 PM
This year, though, we can incur two significant injuries at RB and still be in very good shape:

I'll gladly take a combination of two of these guys with Walker as the #3 back:

CTaylor
AGreen
CBrown
Slaton

knock two of those guys out of the picture, and we still have easily the best backfield since Kubiak got here.

DEPTH!!

We won't be keeping 4 RB's on the active roster with 1 on the PS. At most there will be 3 active and 1 PS.

Unfortunately, playing devil's advocate, if this double loss should occur DURING the season (as opposed to the preseason), I would not give it as rosey a picture. We really don't know how Taylor is going to hold up under contact following recent rehab, Slaton (though promising) as a rookie is still to be proven, Walker will be pulled from the PS.....things could go either way quickly.

Blazing Arrow
07-15-2008, 05:32 PM

This was seriosuly every Titans fans view when he first came to our team. Blowing up for big gains, huge games or halves ... then the injuries. It is the reliability that comes into question. He has been injured since he was in CO. I can see him having big games but when will they happen and when you really need him will Brown be in? For the Titans this was a no.

PapaL
07-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey maybe our training and medical staff has improved over the summer and can help prevent injuries more effectively.

Guess I should get out of LaLa Land.

dalemurphy
07-15-2008, 06:30 PM
We won't be keeping 4 RB's on the active roster with 1 on the PS. At most there will be 3 active and 1 PS.

Unfortunately, playing devil's advocate, if this double loss should occur DURING the season (as opposed to the preseason), I would not give it as rosey a picture. We really don't know how Taylor is going to hold up under contact following recent rehab, Slaton (though promising) as a rookie is still to be proven, Walker will be pulled from the PS.....things could go either way quickly.

Walker is the only one eligible for P.S., and I expect him to be there.

I actually believe we will keep 4 Rbs on the 53 man roster if all 4 are healthy coming out of camp. With the emphasis on the running game this year, the injury history of the backs in question, and Kubiak's ability to learn from the problems of the season before, I believe we will end up with all 4 on the roster.

I just can't see us going into the season counting on Brown and Green to stay healthy. We have to have the added depth because of their injury histories.