PDA

View Full Version : The more the merrier!

Pages : 1 [2]

JB
12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Looks like i won't get my back to back league championship title....TexasArlingtons is kicking my ass. And my dumb ass wasn't paying attention to the injury report and had ivory starting.

I had a bad feeling once Frank Gore got IR'd.

I'll fight for 3rd place next week and be ready to get my redemption :)

Well unless Tebow has a monster 4th qtr & Longwell outscores Brady by quite a bit, looks like I will be facing Texas Arlingtons in the final.

3rd and Inches
12-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I stopped doing Fantasy Football when I did it with my wife one year.. and she had no idea how it worked.. so I picked her roster.. and then she ended up kicking my ass all season long.

Ryan
12-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Percy Harvin only has to score 99 points for me to win tomorrow! :hurrah:

JB
12-20-2010, 10:33 PM
If the Bears can keep the Vike's off the scoreboard the rest of the way, I'm in the finals! :hurrah:

edit: I'm leading by 5+ and he has Longwell left.

ArlingtonTexan
12-29-2010, 01:00 AM
is this where I collect the trophy:firework::trophy::piano:

Ryan
12-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Man on top to losing my 3rd place game in this league, i also lost TWO finals games and a semifinal. This fantasy season sucks. :wadepalm:

mexican_texan
12-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Man on top to losing my 3rd place game in this league, i also lost TWO finals games and a semifinal. This fantasy season sucks. :wadepalm:
You can say that again. After making the playoffs in all but one of my leagues last year, I was done completely after week 5 this year.

JB
12-29-2010, 07:24 AM

Congrats man!

Texas T
12-30-2010, 10:14 AM

Congrats-so did they hire you to coach the Texans yet? Or are they at least allowing you to pick the players??

Ryan
07-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Alright guys, i will be renewing this league again this year. Like usual, i'll let the people who played this past year have first priority in joining first, and after a couple of weeks i'll open it up to the rest of the forum. Let me know if you guys are interested.

I will likely renew sometime tonight, draft in mid-late August.

The Pencil Neck
07-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Alright guys, i will be renewing this league again this year. Like usual, i'll let the people who played this past year have first priority in joining first, and after a couple of weeks i'll open it up to the rest of the forum. Let me know if you guys are interested.

I wan't in last year but I'd be interested if you've got an opening.

Ryan
07-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I wan't in last year but I'd be interested if you've got an opening.

I most likely will. Usually about 8 people rejoin. You'll get the first pm for an opening.

ArlingtonTexan
07-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I most likely will. Usually about 8 people rejoin. You'll get the first pm for an opening.

TexasArlingtons will attempt a :trophy: defense. It is only fair:goodluck:

Ryan
07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
TexasArlingtons will attempt a :trophy: defense. It is only fair:goodluck:

I'm looking to avenge my early exit from the playoffs last year. I was 09 champion, and will be 11 champion :)

Texas T
07-24-2011, 06:13 PM

I got it and I'm in!! Bring on some football!!

HOU-TEX
07-25-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm in again. Hope I can do better than last year.

My Son would like to join if there's an opening.

TexanSam
07-25-2011, 10:36 AM
If there's any openings left after people from last year all have their say then I'd be interested in playing.

Texans34Life
07-25-2011, 11:23 AM
I'll join up if there are any openings.

Grams
07-26-2011, 06:43 PM
There can be only one.

This year it is me!!

:hurrah:

centexfan
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I'd love to be in if there's room. :)

Texan4Ever
07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Is this the ESPN league? If so (if yall' have room), I would like to partake.

Ryan
07-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Is this the ESPN league? If so (if yall' have room), I would like to partake.

Nah, it's Yahoo! ESPN's is still way too unorganized and chaotic for me to partake in, Yahoo just keeps things easier.

Texan4Ever
07-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Nah, it's Yahoo! ESPN's is still way too unorganized and chaotic for me to partake in, Yahoo just keeps things easier.

So there are 2 Yahoo TTalk leagues? Either way, can I join this one?

OzzO
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
I'll be back, got the invite - just haven't confirmed at the site.

Ryan
08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
OK, the league is officially set. Sorry for those who didn't get in this year, i gave the original guys about two weeks to respond and then gave the remaining spots to those who requested first. Hopefully next year.

As for the draft, would you guys be interested in a sort of offline draft doing it on the forums here, or just stick to the original live draft on Yahoo? What about the date? Would August 21st be a good day still?

The Pencil Neck
08-04-2011, 04:10 PM
OK, the league is officially set. Sorry for those who didn't get in this year, i gave the original guys about two weeks to respond and then gave the remaining spots to those who requested first. Hopefully next year.

As for the draft, would you guys be interested in a sort of offline draft doing it on the forums here, or just stick to the original live draft on Yahoo? What about the date? Would August 21st be a good day still?

I set aside the time for it. I'd prefer the live draft on Yahoo, I think. Doing a draft via the forum would take a while and be crazy, I'd imagine.

Ryan
08-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I set aside the time for it. I'd prefer the live draft on Yahoo, I think. Doing a draft via the forum would take a while and be crazy, I'd imagine.

Yeah would take a while, but it sounds like it could be interesting if we can get people to check in periodically to make their picks.

I'm perfectly fine with a live draft though, just thought i'd stir the pot a little bit.

Texans34Life
08-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Draft on forum would take too long. Done forum drafts and they have lasted days....weeks.

Yahoo live draft would be done in 2 hours max.

Also, could we change the date to something later in the month, something closer to the start of the season? If we could do 28th or later, that would give us a clearer idea who got injured during preseason and who's healthy/ready for season openers.

If not, that's cool.

Texas T
08-04-2011, 06:17 PM
I like the live draft and the 21st works really well for me. I'm able to adjust but that weekend the family is out of town so I'm free to do as I please.

Ryan
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Draft is this sunday, hope you girl scouts are ready! :kitten:

Texans34Life
08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Draft is this sunday, hope you girl scouts are ready! :kitten:

Ryan, live draft or on forum?

Ryan
08-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Ryan, live draft or on forum?

live draft.

Ryan
08-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Draft is live tomorrow on yahoo at 1:45 PM CT. Hopefully all of you can make it. The less people on autodraft the better.

Texas T
08-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Draft is live tomorrow on yahoo at 1:45 PM CT. Hopefully all of you can make it. The less people on autodraft the better.

I will be there this year. No chance of autodraft giving me two guys that are out for the season and three kickers...Bring it on!!

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2011, 03:52 PM

I've already told the wife. :)

I have the time slot set aside.

TexanSam
08-21-2011, 12:45 AM
I will be there as well.

Texans34Life
08-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Yep, I'm there.

Ryan
08-21-2011, 01:55 PM
i refuse to go into the draft lobby early this year t hough cause every time i do it seems like i get the last pick.

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, crap.

I hit the Enter Draft button and it partially loads and then stops.

HOU-TEX
08-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm letting my son use the computer for his team. I appreciate everyone making fun of my auto picks. Lmao

I couldn't get the 2nd CPU up and going

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm letting my son use the computer for his team. I appreciate everyone making fun of my auto picks. Lmao

Well, congratulations on taking Knowshon Moreno 1st overall.

:vincepalm:

Texas T
08-21-2011, 06:27 PM

I personally wanted to thank you for that first pick-it allowed me to get Arian Foster with the second pick.

I said this earlier but I had the same problems last year. I was driving back from the inlaws and missed the draft. I ended up with 3 kickers and 3 guys that were out for the season. It follows that I had a horrible season.

TexanSam
08-21-2011, 09:18 PM

Do you have more than one web browser? You could have had your draft on Internet Explorer and your son's on Firefox.

HOU-TEX
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM

Yeah, trust me when I say, the pre-draft rankings is a crock o poo. I had Arian #1 then AP.

Do you have more than one web browser? You could have had your draft on Internet Explorer and your son's on Firefox.

If I had more time I could've done that, but we didn't get on the cpu until draft time. When I tried firing up Firefox to set up another draft it started screwing up. I didn't want both my Son and I to have crappy teams so I said screw it.

It's coo though. I'm not bishin. I'll still play this league as much as the other two, winning or losing.

Ryan
09-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I can thank Drew Brees, Reggie Wayne, and Darren Sproles for basically doing all the work for me in fantasy this week. Up by 18 on Texas T and he has Dan Carpenter and Deion Branch, and i have Brandon Marshall. Lee Evans put up a whopping 0 points for me, not off to a good start for my sleeper pick.

Texas T
09-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I can thank Drew Brees, Reggie Wayne, and Darren Sproles for basically doing all the work for me in fantasy this week. Up by 18 on Texas T and he has Dan Carpenter and Deion Branch, and i have Brandon Marshall. Lee Evans put up a whopping 0 points for me, not off to a good start for my sleeper pick.

Everyone is beating me this week. My players decided that they didn't need to show up for their games...In one league I'm loosing to a guy who started Payton Manning...there's always next week.

Sproles was a surprise. I really would never have believed that he would be busting out runs like that. Great pick up for the Saints. Hope the Texans D can stop him in two weeks.

Ryan
09-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Everyone is beating me this week. My players decided that they didn't need to show up for their games...In one league I'm loosing to a guy who started Payton Manning...there's always next week.

Sproles was a surprise. I really would never have believed that he would be busting out runs like that. Great pick up for the Saints. Hope the Texans D can stop him in two weeks.

If that 99 yard td pass was to Deion Branch you would've beaten me. *wipes brow*

The Pencil Neck
09-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Thanks to Tom Brady, I pulled out a win in one league.

Thanks to Sebastian Janikowski (and Knowshon Moreno being on the other team), I pulled out a win in another league.

In the third league I'm in, my luck ran out. Schaub's fantasy value was low last weekend. Not that I'm complainin.

HOU-TEX
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks to Tom Brady, I pulled out a win in one league.

Thanks to Sebastian Janikowski (and Knowshon Moreno being on the other team), I pulled out a win in another league.

In the third league I'm in, my luck ran out. Schaub's fantasy value was low last weekend. Not that I'm complainin.

:lol: Don't be hatin, bro. As bad as my team is, it was close

The Pencil Neck
09-15-2011, 11:37 PM
:lol: Don't be hatin, bro. As bad as my team is, it was close

I thought for sure Knowshon was going to blow up and take me down. :)

HOU-TEX
09-16-2011, 12:01 PM
I thought for sure Knowshon was going to blow up and take me down. :)

I used to like watching him play for Georgia. I sure the heck couldn't tell you what happened to him, but gee whiz, he's bad

Ryan
09-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm excited for my matchup this weekened vs TexasArlingtons. The last two league champions duking it out :)

Ryan
10-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I honestly don't know how i'm 5-1 in this league this year.

Texan4Ever
10-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Are you guys in the Yahoo league with the defensive players? If so, I need a QB and I am willing to trade away anyone on my team including Fred Jackson.

Ryan
10-24-2011, 12:10 PM
No defensive players here. But it looks like i pulled off another win thanks to Brees going ham on the Colts! :clap:

Ryan
11-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Damn, this league and another league of mine have gone to the shitter. I was 6-1 in both of these leagues and am on a 5 game losing streak in both. Worst fantasy year ever for me.

Texas T
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
So what are the chances?? I'm playing TexasArlington and after the games today (before the late game) we are tied with 175.16 points each with only kickers to go.

And those kickers are on opposing teams today (Balt vs. SD).

Go Team TexasT!! I believe in my kicker!

Texas T
12-19-2011, 07:07 AM
So what are the chances?? I'm playing TexasArlington and after the games today (before the late game) we are tied with 175.16 points each with only kickers to go.

Well that didn't work out so well for me but the Ravens lost! (makes our loss all the worse...)

Texans34Life
12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, in the Finals....vs. TexasArlingtons. May the best team (that's me) win! :)

ArlingtonTexan
12-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Wow!!!! missed that part of it.

ArlingtonTexan
12-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes, in the Finals....vs. TexasArlingtons. May the best team (that's me) win! :)

:cowboy1::cutthroat:

Ryan
12-24-2011, 09:31 PM
2 out of 3 of my fantasy teams completely imploded half way into the year. I can't believe i lost 6 in a row to miss out on the playoffs in this league. :toropalm:

Ryan
06-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm going to renew this league very soon. Those who were in the league last year get first priority. And i was wondering for those who did play last year, if you would like to do a keeper from last year or not.

Texas T
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm going to renew this league very soon. Those who were in the league last year get first priority. And i was wondering for those who did play last year, if you would like to do a keeper from last year or not.

I'm in again. As for keeper-I got my butt kicked last year so...really I'm good either way.

Ryan
06-19-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm in again. As for keeper-I got my butt kicked last year so...really I'm good either way.

Yeah i was doing awesome for like the first 9 weeks then lost like 6 in a row to miss the playoffs...gotta re-gain my title from a couple years ago. :kitten:

Ryan
06-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I sent out the invites. Check your emails. I enabled Keeper settings for now but i can remove them if we don't get enough votes to approve it. I'm not entirely sure how it works either since this is my first time trying to do it.

NCTexan
06-20-2012, 01:30 PM
If a spot opens up I'd love to join.

Texas T
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I sent out the invites. Check your emails. I enabled Keeper settings for now but i can remove them if we don't get enough votes to approve it. I'm not entirely sure how it works either since this is my first time trying to do it.

I couldn't tell how many keeper spots you opened but it let me "keep" three players.

Ryan
06-20-2012, 01:48 PM
I couldn't tell how many keeper spots you opened but it let me "keep" three players.

It won't let me edit very much until everyone assigns their keepers but i think it will only be one keeper once i change it. And if you do choose to assign a keeper you'll have to give up a draft pick 2 rounds ahead of where you got him last year.

Ryan
06-20-2012, 01:58 PM
But i'm definitely not opposed to starting over again but it's just gonna come down to a vote.

HOU-TEX
06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm sure everyone remembers me missing the dadgum draft last year, so I'm giving a NO vote to keeper league. lol

I'm goning to make darn sure I don't miss the draft this year!

Ryan
06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm sure everyone remembers me missing the dadgum draft last year, so I'm giving a NO vote to keeper league. lol

LOL i still remember your Knowshon Moreno first round pick last year. Hard to forget! :brando:

HOU-TEX
06-20-2012, 04:00 PM
LOL i still remember your Knowshon Moreno first round pick last year. Hard to forget! :brando:

Lmao! Don't hate.

I clearly remember because my son was using the cpu to draft his team. I couldn't get the other cpu working, and man, I was pissed after I noticed my pre-draft rankings weren't working.

Texas T
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Hey now. I missed the draft too and got Arian with my first pick!!

Ryan
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
bump. Still have 6 spots left for you guys that were a part of it last year and haven't signed back up yet.

GP
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I'll play IF it's not a keeper league.

Sorry to be picky. :world peace:

By the way, is this league the one where even the points by your bench players count for each game too? I played in a league like that and it was sooooo much better because:

1. It makes drafting your late rounders more challenging, rather than "just picking a guy" because ya gotta pick a guy to fill out the bench spots.

2. Your bench players are earners. It makes people less inclined to add/drop 1,000 times every week, generally making life less complicated.

3. No need to cry on Monday morning when you realize you should have started QB A over QB B. Since all players' points count, you can relax and actually enjoy fantasy football.

A friend of mine said he is in FF purely for the reason of the gamble it takes every week to guess which guy(s) to start and which to bench. For me, that's the worst part of it. The best part is drafting, working waiver wire, and then sitting back and enjoying the Sundays rather than having minor coronaries because I started the wrong guy.

I had two QBs last year that I started the wrong guy every single Sunday. Not kidding. If I chose one guy, the other one went bananas. Vice versa. Soul sucking experience.

gary
07-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Did I get an e-mail?

Ryan
07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Did I get an e-mail?

I don't remember you being in this league last year, Gary, so i'm not sure. Check your e-mail just in case dating back from a couple weeks ago.

Ryan
07-04-2012, 12:07 PM

By the way, is this league the one where even the points by your bench players count for each game too? I played in a league like that and it was sooooo much better because:

1. It makes drafting your late rounders more challenging, rather than "just picking a guy" because ya gotta pick a guy to fill out the bench spots.

2. Your bench players are earners. It makes people less inclined to add/drop 1,000 times every week, generally making life less complicated.

3. No need to cry on Monday morning when you realize you should have started QB A over QB B. Since all players' points count, you can relax and actually enjoy fantasy football.

A friend of mine said he is in FF purely for the reason of the gamble it takes every week to guess which guy(s) to start and which to bench. For me, that's the worst part of it. The best part is drafting, working waiver wire, and then sitting back and enjoying the Sundays rather than having minor coronaries because I started the wrong guy.

I had two QBs last year that I started the wrong guy every single Sunday. Not kidding. If I chose one guy, the other one went bananas. Vice versa. Soul sucking experience.

It's not gonna be a keeper I don't think, unless the remaining people who haven't voted overwhelmingly approve it.

There's still 6 spots unfilled after the emails so there should be spots open for people who request to get in.

IBleedTexans
07-04-2012, 12:10 PM
It's not gonna be a keeper I don't think, unless the remaining people who haven't voted overwhelmingly approve it.

There's still 6 spots unfilled after the emails so there should be spots open for people who request to get in.

I still want in !

Ryan
07-04-2012, 02:17 PM

I kinda skimmed your post during my first reply but I think that's something definitely worth looking into. I think that'd be fun.

GP
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Sent you a PM, Ryan. My email is in the PM.

Don't go selling my email to Viagra spammers! LOL.

Ryan
07-07-2012, 02:54 PM
I haven't sent out the other invites to the people that asked to join yet but i will do that soon. Would there be any interest in some sort of competition to do on the forums of some kind to where we determine our draft order that way instead of doing it randomly?

GP
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I haven't sent out the other invites to the people that asked to join yet but i will do that soon. Would there be any interest in some sort of competition to do on the forums of some kind to where we determine our draft order that way instead of doing it randomly?

I got your invite, but it wouldn't let me join. Something about how there's too many potentially returning persons...and there's not room for me unless those persons decline or something.

Anyways. Sent you an email at about 4:33 central time.

Dutchrudder had a great recommendation for draft order...over in the Historical Figure Draft thread. I cannot remember how it works, but it seemed fair when I read his ideas on it.

Ryan
07-08-2012, 02:55 AM
I got your invite, but it wouldn't let me join. Something about how there's too many potentially returning persons...and there's not room for me unless those persons decline or something.

Anyways. Sent you an email at about 4:33 central time.

Dutchrudder had a great recommendation for draft order...over in the Historical Figure Draft thread. I cannot remember how it works, but it seemed fair when I read his ideas on it.
It's resolved now. If you try to rejoin it should worl We have 3 spots left and GP, NCTexan, and FearSuperMario all want in so I think we're full.

TexanSam
07-08-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm in

GP
07-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm in too.

Having a helluva' time trying to upload my own helmet logo, though.

Any pointers? I'm using a JPEG and yet it won't display anything but the freaking blue square box with a question mark inside it. Yay. LOL.

Texans34Life
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey Ryan, can you resend it to me? For some reason, I can't find the invite.

Ryan
08-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Still have one spot left. Draft in 2.5 weeks!

IBleedTexans
08-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Still have one spot left. Draft in 2.5 weeks!

How bout me!?!?!?!?!

Ryan
08-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Filled up! Draft is two weeks from today. Do y'all want to do some sort of competition or something to determine draft order or just do random yahoo order?

TexanSam
08-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Filled up! Draft is two weeks from today. Do y'all want to do some sort of competition or something to determine draft order or just do random yahoo order?

What kind of competition? Although, since no one else replied I figure random yahoo order is probably best...

Ryan
08-22-2012, 02:21 PM
What kind of competition? Although, since no one else replied I figure random yahoo order is probably best...

Yeah I didn't have very many good ideas in mind anyway lol. Random yahoo it is.

IBleedTexans
08-22-2012, 02:58 PM
After all that begging Ima have to back out of this league sorry .... I got three money leagues 5 leagues total so gotta back out of 2

Ryan
08-22-2012, 03:34 PM
So any takers for the last spot then?

Ryan
08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
After all that begging Ima have to back out of this league sorry .... I got three money leagues 5 leagues total so gotta back out of 2

What's your team name so i can remove you?

Still have one spot for anyone interested.

Ryan
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Bump.

Ryan
08-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Draft is tomorrow. Be sure to do your pre-draft rankings if you can't make it. Don't be a HOU-TEX and draft Knowshon Moreno in the first round. :smiliedance:

Ryan
08-25-2012, 03:42 PM
We still need one more participant for tomorrow's draft since someone left the league.

Texans34Life
08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Ryan, just publish the league to the Yahoo public since we aren't getting any response for the last spot. That's what I'm doing for my TexansTalk FFL league.

GP
08-25-2012, 11:47 PM
I can't get the damn thing to accept ANY type of jpeg or png file, to update my team logo.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Ryan, I sent you a PM tonight at about !0:50 pm.

PM me between now and early Sunday morning about 8 or 9 a.m. (Central Time) if you still need a person. My wife said she would pitch in and be the last person needed.

Ryan
08-26-2012, 12:15 PM
EDIT: I saw she joined, glad we are now full! Should be a fun draft.

Ryan
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Draft is live in twelve minutes. Still a lot of no shows. Hurry up and get in!

Ryan
08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Did 15 rounds in under an hour! I was very impressed.

Texas T
08-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Did 15 rounds in under an hour! I was very impressed.

Me too, I think that was the smoothest draft I've ever been in.

Ryan
08-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Submit your votes on the site for who you think will win our week 1 matchups! Spice things up a bit.

Ryan
09-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Looks like I escaped with a week 1 victory. If Fred Jackson had finished the game i would have gotten buried.

And there's also some weird stat glitch right now going on with Yahoo but they said it should be resolved. I along with practically every team in our league has 30 less points than they should.

Texas T
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Looks like I escaped with a week 1 victory. If Fred Jackson had finished the game i would have gotten buried.

And there's also some weird stat glitch right now going on with Yahoo but they said it should be resolved. I along with practically every team in our league has 30 less points than they should.

I know that sucked for me. In another league I had Spiller on the bench...lost that one too.

Ryan
09-24-2012, 06:33 PM
I need just 18 points with Rodgers tonight to beat HOU-TEX...Rodgers has disappointed so far this season.

Ryan
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Another disgraceful performance by my first round pick...good win HOU-TEX.

HOU-TEX
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Another disgraceful performance by my first round pick...good win HOU-TEX.

I thought for sure I'd lose because you had Aaron left to play. Man, I'd blame his oline. The Hawks only had 2 sacks leading up to that game. Their Oline should be embarrassed

Ryan
10-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Glad to get back in the W column. I am really happy with my roster they just really underachieved the previous two weeks.

Texas T
10-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm thrilled with 2 wins in a row now. I'm on a roll!!

Ryan
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm in need of RBs and basically anyone is up for trade that's not Aaron Rodgers or Victor Cruz.

Whoever needs a QB Andrew Luck is doing really good things on my bench.

Ryan
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Well on the plus side of last night I got a ton of points from Aaron Rodgers. :vincepalm:

Ryan
11-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Congrats to HOU-TEX and his son for already clinching playoff spots! Redemption from last year's autodraft for sure!

In other news, Dez Bryant has been money for me lately. Team MVP over the past few weeks, hopefully i can squeak in to the playoffs.

Ryan
11-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Cam Newton just ended my fantasy season. I guess i'll be vying for a 7th place spot :/

Texas T
11-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Cam Newton just ended my fantasy season. I guess i'll be vying for a 7th place spot :/

Sorry about that-okay not really.

He finally got me some points and did it in a big way!!
I have him in another league too-and he beasted me to a win there too.

Texas T
12-18-2012, 10:30 AM
So it's down to Me vs. the Geek for the championship.

The Apocalypse is coming!!!!

Good luck Pencil Neck!!!

Ryan
12-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm fully convinced simply owning a Chargers player of any kind(especially Ryan Mathews) cost me dearly in this league. All Chargers players go on my permanent "no draft" list.

The Pencil Neck
12-19-2012, 06:39 PM
So it's down to Me vs. the Geek for the championship.

The Apocalypse is coming!!!!

Good luck Pencil Neck!!!

And good luck to you, sir.

You're going to need it. :fans:

Texas T
12-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Final Score: #5 The Pencil Necks - 118.10/ #6 Zombie Apocalypse 143.10.

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

The Zombie Apocalypse came and took out the competition!

Great season everyone and I look forward to defending my trophy next year!

Ryan
12-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Final Score: #5 The Pencil Necks - 118.10/ #6 Zombie Apocalypse 143.10.

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

The Zombie Apocalypse came and took out the competition!

Great season everyone and I look forward to defending my trophy next year!

I lost my other league championship by 8 points after having the 2nd highest scoring total for one week in the league this season. Lost to the guy with the best single week of the season. :gun:

Man, what a nightmare fantasy season. This team in this league goes 6-8 when after the draft it had the highest scoring projection of any team in the league.

Ryan
06-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Yahoo fantasy football is now open, and i know it is definitely way too early to try and plan a draft, but i'm just going to give this thread a ceremonial bump. :cow:

Brandon420tx
06-01-2013, 08:17 PM
My work league is being slow to enter. I'm also anxious, so if there is a board league I want in :D

Texas T
06-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Yahoo fantasy football is now open, and i know it is definitely way too early to try and plan a draft, but i'm just going to give this thread a ceremonial bump. :cow:

I'm in. Let the football season get here faster...

Ryan
06-20-2013, 05:19 PM
I just renewed the league. When i sent out the invites it automatically set it as a keeper league. If no one is interested in that, i'll remove it. If you are, we can work out some keeper rules.

I of course give the people from last year first priority in joining, but i will open it up a couple weeks before the draft if the other people have not joined yet.

HOU-TEX
06-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I just renewed the league. When i sent out the invites it automatically set it as a keeper league. If no one is interested in that, i'll remove it. If you are, we can work out some keeper rules.

I of course give the people from last year first priority in joining, but i will open it up a couple weeks before the draft if the other people have not joined yet.

I'm in again

I was wondering why my players from last year were still there. Ha

I've never been a big fan of keeper leagues, but will go with the majority

The Pencil Neck
06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm in.

Um.

My team is a total and complete shambles from trying to piece things together. If possible, I'd like to do a re-draft but if everyone wants to go keeper, I'll do that. I hadn't been expecting to have to keep these dweebs, though. :)

ObsiWan
06-26-2013, 02:07 PM

I wasn't in last season so put me on the waiting list.
:D

Ryan
06-26-2013, 11:46 PM
we have 6 joined now. I sent 3 invites again to the 3 non hidden email addresses. HoustonTexans4Life are you still down to play? HOU-TEX, is your son going to join again?

Ryan
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
I haven't seen GP on here in forever, and i'm not sure about the other 3 members that haven't registered yet, but as of right now, i'm opening up the last 4 spots for those who are interested.

deucetx
08-13-2013, 08:41 AM
If you still need folks let me know. I'll give it a go since I already have a couple going anyway.

mexican_texan
08-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm in

Texans34Life
08-13-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm in

Ryan
08-13-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll send the information as soon as I can.

Ryan
08-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Just realized i scheduled the draft right around the time the Texans/Saints game starts and i'm sure a few of us will be there. When you see this, please say a time that best suits you. We have a few weeks before the season starts.

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Just realized i scheduled the draft right around the time the Texans/Saints game starts and i'm sure a few of us will be there. When you see this, please say a time that best suits you. We have a few weeks before the season starts.

Just let me know when.

Texas T
08-18-2013, 08:46 PM

Didn't you already move it to Tuesday?? That's what my screen shows.

Ryan
08-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Didn't you already move it to Tuesday?? That's what my screen shows.

Just a placeholder for the time being, but if it works with others we'll keep it.

HOU-TEX
08-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Looks like we still need at least one more team.

Ryan
08-19-2013, 06:37 PM
I've sent out invites to a couple of other people on here who haven't accepted yet and i also booted one of the guys who wanted to join on his new email and is going to join back. Maybe one spot left to fill.

Trail.Blazr
08-20-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm up for it.

Ryan
08-21-2013, 03:00 PM
We'll have 12 after Trail.Blazr joins. Should be another fun season. :kitten: Let's all shoot for a Tuesday night draft i might push it up to 7:30 though. More of a universal time but it's up to you as well.

Ryan
08-25-2013, 11:59 AM
All filled up! Draft Tuesday at 8:30 pm CT unless anybody wants it moved up a tad.

Ryan
08-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Bump. I moved it up to 8 pm i hope everybody can make it.

Ryan
08-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Draft in two hours!

Ryan
08-27-2013, 08:09 PM
50 more minutes!

axman40
08-27-2013, 10:57 PM
I have a B- draft grade from Yahoo and projected to finish 2-11, now to me that would be a big F!
:texflag:

HOU-TEX
08-28-2013, 10:20 AM
I have a B- draft grade from Yahoo and projected to finish 2-11, now to me that would be a big F!
:texflag:

Weird. I was given a C+ and am projected to go 3-10

How the heck does that happen

Ryan
08-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Weird. I was given a C+ and am projected to go 3-10

How the heck does that happen

I was projected to go 12-1 in this league last year and went 6-7 so don't take any of that too seriously. :kitten:

The Pencil Neck
08-28-2013, 11:14 AM
I mean, yeah, it's nice for them to recognize my genius and everything but it's like the grade of a regular draft. They're just saying they like what you did based on how they project guys performing.

Don't mean squat.

HOU-TEX
08-28-2013, 12:07 PM
I was projected to go 12-1 in this league last year and went 6-7 so don't take any of that too seriously. :kitten:

True. I actually thought I had a decent draft. Not the best I've had but good.

I guess Yahoo didn't like my Torrey Smith and Lamar Miller picks. They're both full time starters now. :shrug:

Ryan
08-28-2013, 12:35 PM
True. I actually thought I had a decent draft. Not the best I've had but good.

I guess Yahoo didn't like my Torrey Smith and Lamar Miller picks. They're both full time starters now. :shrug:

I like my team a lot. If Jordy Nelson and Cruz have seasons closer to 2011 i'm in excellent shape. And they have me projected at 6-7 now so maybe i'll go 12-1 and do the opposite of last year.

Texas T
08-28-2013, 03:02 PM
I do think its funny that the two teams graded as "A" were both autodrafts. I guess Yahoo likes it's player rankings.

NCTexan
08-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Hey all,

I happen to have two teams through a freak accident. Is anyone not already in interested in joining?

Trail.Blazr
08-29-2013, 10:55 AM
I tried to get in. some how there was a problem with the invite, kept telling me the league was full

NCTexan
08-29-2013, 11:58 AM
I tried to get in. some how there was a problem with the invite, kept telling me the league was full

You want one of my two teams? Your choice of which one even.

Ryan
09-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Nice to get into the W column this week taking down the former champs.

Texas T
09-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Nice to get into the W column this week taking down the former champs.

Taking down you completely wiped the table with me.

Nice game for you!

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2013, 02:03 AM
I had Colin Kaepernick, Ray Rice, and MJD.

I don't know what to say. That was just some epic fail right there.

Luckily, in my other league, I had RG3, Matt Schaub, Brian Cushing, JJ Watt, Julio Jones, and Peanut Tillman.

Ryan
12-03-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm back in the playoffs once again in this league finally. It was a rough road at first, starting off 3-5 with i thought was a very talented team, then i won 4 in a row and had a chance to clinch a bye with a win and a loss by a couple of teams, but Zombie Apocalype ended that dream and almost eliminated me the same way he did last season, but thankfully i scored enough points. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, except for my opponent HOU-TEX this week :)

The Pencil Neck
12-04-2013, 03:56 PM
This league this year was the absolute worst season I've ever had in fantasy football. Nothing I did seemed to work and my downfall goes all the way back to drafting Ray Rice and MJD with my first two picks. After that it was all just Ppppfffft.

In my other league, I started off strong but got hit with injuries and failed QBs (Schaub) and limped into the playoffs.

HOU-TEX
12-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm back in the playoffs once again in this league finally. It was a rough road at first, starting off 3-5 with i thought was a very talented team, then i won 4 in a row and had a chance to clinch a bye with a win and a loss by a couple of teams, but Zombie Apocalype ended that dream and almost eliminated me the same way he did last season, but thankfully i scored enough points. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, except for my opponent HOU-TEX this week :)

Should be a good one.

My son (Marines) is matched up with TexasArlingtons. That should be a good one too.

Ryan
12-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Should be a good one.

My son (Marines) is matched up with TexasArlingtons. That should be a good one too.

Manning and Shady kicked my ass! Well played. If i had gone with my gut instead of picking up a stupid waiver wire defense that had a good matchup, and replaced andre brown with Gio, i could have squeaked with a win. Good luck to you the rest of the season.

HOU-TEX
12-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Manning and Shady kicked my ass! Well played. If i had gone with my gut instead of picking up a stupid waiver wire defense that had a good matchup, and replaced andre brown with Gio, i could have squeaked with a win. Good luck to you the rest of the season.

Looks like I get to go to the Ship. I could've been going up against my son if he had updated his roster this week. He's up by 26, but Deuce's Gamblers still has Johnson and Bush going tonight.

deucetx
12-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Looks like I get to go to the Ship. I could've been going up against my son if he had updated his roster this week. He's up by 26, but Deuce's Gamblers still has Johnson and Bush going tonight.

And it looks like you avenged him since I don't see Vernon Davis and the kicker getting me the points to pull this one out. Kind of fitting you get the win with two performances by guys facing my two favorite teams. Peyton Manning ripped my Texans and LeSean Mccoy ripped my Bears. Leave it to my teams to give it to me in the end lol. Been that kind of season.

Barring some miracle by Davis and a kicker let me wish you congrats on winning! My first time in a league for this board and it was fun even if I lost in the end. Hopefully can do it again next year.

HOU-TEX
12-24-2013, 10:39 AM
And it looks like you avenged him since I don't see Vernon Davis and the kicker getting me the points to pull this one out. Kind of fitting you get the win with two performances by guys facing my two favorite teams. Peyton Manning ripped my Texans and LeSean Mccoy ripped my Bears. Leave it to my teams to give it to me in the end lol. Been that kind of season.

Barring some miracle by Davis and a kicker let me wish you congrats on winning! My first time in a league for this board and it was fun even if I lost in the end. Hopefully can do it again next year.

Thanks. I knew I had a somewhat comfortable lead, but 0.00 points for Davis surprised the heck out of me. Good game, it's been a fun year.

Ryan's pretty good about sending invites to everyone who's been in the league, so definitely next year.

I think this is the first time I've won this league. Anywho, it's been fun y'all. See ya next year

The Pencil Neck
12-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Great job, Hou-tex!

I think this is the first time I've ever finished dead last in a league.

All my thanks to Ray Rice and MJD and a crappy set of receivers.

Ryan
07-08-2014, 03:05 PM
I have renewed the league once again for the 2014 season. People who were in the league last year check your yahoo email address you use for the invite. Last year's members always get priority.

HOU-TEX
07-08-2014, 03:18 PM
I have renewed the league once again for the 2014 season. People who were in the league last year check your yahoo email address you use for the invite. Last year's members always get priority.

Just looked and haven't received anything

Ryan
07-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Just looked and haven't received anything

That's weird. If you can't find it by tomorrow i'll give you a password and everything to manually join.

HOU-TEX
07-08-2014, 03:32 PM
That's weird. If you can't find it by tomorrow i'll give you a password and everything to manually join.

My bad, it was sent to my work email. Thanks

NCTexan
07-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Reclaimed one of my teams. Since I ended up with 2 last year somehow there is that open spot of my second.

Tearstain
07-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Let me know if a space pops up.

Ryan
08-02-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna shoot for a Sun Aug 24th mid afternoon draft time. Let me know if this is okay with you.

The Pencil Neck
08-03-2014, 04:25 AM
That should be good for me.

Texan4Ever
08-06-2014, 09:53 AM
I've been on a few FFL in the past (Yahoo and ESPN) for TexansTalk so...are there any spots available? (I prefer ESPN if possible).

Ryan
08-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I've been on a few FFL in the past (Yahoo and ESPN) for TexansTalk so...are there any spots available? (I prefer ESPN if possible).

We do ours on yahoo. We may have a couple spots I'm still waiting on people from last year to see if they join.

Texan4Ever
08-07-2014, 05:52 PM
We do ours on yahoo. We may have a couple spots I'm still waiting on people from last year to see if they join.

Ok let me know if a spot opens up...down for FFL no matter what.

NCTexan
08-08-2014, 11:01 AM

Ok let me know if a spot opens up...down for FFL no matter what.

If the second team I accidentally ended up with last year hasn't been taken there is still that spot with no one returning!

deucetx
08-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm still in. Not sure if I received a message or not since my memory sucks these days but Deuce's Gamblers looking to finish what they started last year. No one ever remembers who comes in second, heh.

Ryan
08-17-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm going to set the draft date for next Sunday August 24th at 1:30 pm CDT. I will send multiple email reminders throughout the week so no one misses it. And will send out the invites if there are still openings. Been so busy with work recently didn't get a ton of time to devote to this.

HOU-TEX
08-18-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm going to set the draft date for next Sunday August 24th at 1:30 pm CDT. I will send multiple email reminders throughout the week so no one misses it. And will send out the invites if there are still openings. Been so busy with work recently didn't get a ton of time to devote to this.

Personally, I'd like to see it later in the day. 6-7 maybe?

Ryan
08-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Personally, I'd like to see it later in the day. 6-7 maybe?

The latest i could probably manage on Sunday is 3 o clock or so. I have work at 4:30 and the draft usually goes quick so that's probably about the latest option on Sunday for me.

HOU-TEX
08-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Looks like we're still one team short

Ryan
08-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Looks like we're still one team short

Been in contact with Texan4ever about the last spot but he hasn't been online in a couple days. We'll get the last spot filled.

Ryan
08-24-2014, 10:47 AM
The draft is today!

Ryan
08-24-2014, 01:36 PM
I hope we get a good turnout today.

The Pencil Neck
08-24-2014, 02:02 PM
I hope we get a good turnout today.

I'm waiting for the link to the draft to come up...

Ryan
08-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Yahoo has me projected at 12-1, so naturally i'm doomed.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/188520/1/draftrecap

Yahoo really hates Arlington's team, having him going 0-13. Ouch. I like the team though.

HOU-TEX
09-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I got completely throttled this weekend. I might be in for a rough season. First to worst

The Pencil Neck
09-16-2014, 02:43 PM
I got completely throttled this weekend. I might be in for a rough season. First to worst

I had a rough time of it last night. In this league, I needed some points from Luck to be able to beat ArlingtonTexan but in another league, I needed Luck to not score over a certain amount because I'd lose that game. In another league, I needed Vinaitieri to score about 10 field goals.

So, I won one and lost two. :(

Ryan
09-20-2014, 02:11 AM
Julio Jones might have saved my season in this league tonight. My team needs someone to carry the load.

Ryan
10-14-2014, 12:10 PM
I have the most points scored in my division but am 2-4. Some bad luck so far. I hope it can turn around.

Ryan
12-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Texans Talk playoffs kicks off this week. I'm glad i was able to get on a hot streak after such a rough start. Hope i can bring it home again this year.

Texas T
12-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Texans Talk playoffs kicks off this week. I'm glad i was able to get on a hot streak after such a rough start. Hope i can bring it home again this year.

Looks like your hot streak continues and my cold one too. Almost all my guys forgot that they were playing ...

That was the story in all my leagues.
But the Texans won and real football always trumps fantasy!

Ryan
12-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Looks like your hot streak continues and my cold one too. Almost all my guys forgot that they were playing ...

That was the story in all my leagues.
But the Texans won and real football always trumps fantasy!

I'll take a Texans win this week over anything pretty much :fans::fans:

mexican_texan
12-16-2014, 09:41 AM
From 3-4 to the championship. Hopefully the Texans can learn from me.