PDA

View Full Version : Front office?

Toro59
07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Anyone know when the front office gets back to work? I'm dying for some new news like who's getting cut before training camp...

El Tejano
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Anyone know when the front office gets back to work? I'm dying for some new news like who's getting cut before training camp...

That just might be what they are working on right now.

gary
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
That just might be what they are working on right now.Probably.

Ghetto D
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure, but I would think it'll be fairly quiet until the start of camp.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you cut anyone before camp? The June 1st cuts are done, so that's out. I figure you've made it this far, you probably want to see players perform before releasing them.

painekiller
07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure, but I would think it'll be fairly quiet until the start of camp.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you cut anyone before camp? The June 1st cuts are done, so that's out. I figure you've made it this far, you probably want to see players perform before releasing them.

Because a team can have 80 players on their roster. We currently have 80 players and some unsigned draft picks that are not counted in that 80. So if the team signs all their draft picks they will have cut 7or8 players that where here for OTAs.

Welcome to the new NFL.

Toro59
07-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Because a team can have 80 players on their roster. We currently have 80 players and some unsigned draft picks that are not counted in that 80. So if the team signs all their draft picks they will have cut 7or8 players that where here for OTAs.

Welcome to the new NFL.

Yeah, assuming they sign them all before the start of training camp. I can't recall a season where they didn't sign all of them before camp.

I officially hate the offseason...:gun:

Ghetto D
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Ah, gotcha. I had assumed that they had roster spots open for picks.

Well, that's what happens when you assume...

FILO_girl
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM
They were all on vacation last week...should be back now. :cool:

NBT
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep, welcome to the new NFL after the owners opted out of the CBA. It shouldn't kickin until the 2011 season, but I think the owners are shutting the valves on some of these rookie bonuses this year. Oh Woe is me.