PDA

View Full Version : What's The First Thing You'd Do If The Texans Made The Playoffs This Year?

gary
07-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I'd throw a huge party. What would you do?

whiskeyrbl
07-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Buy my playoff tickets.

TheRealJoker
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Something i've been waiting to do a long time...

Carr Bombed
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM

Your the one with the vow of celibacy aren't you?

GuerillaBlack
07-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Kill myself in happiness.

Hahahahaha. Go to the Galleria for girls. You'll find plenty.

Xetuoh1836
07-07-2008, 08:41 PM

Buy playoff tickets first, then get RJ a "lady of the night"!:headhurts:

gtexan02
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM

20 years is a long time to wait! :pirate:

Speedy
07-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Buy my playoff tickets.
If they have a home game, yeah, definitely the first thing I do is secure my tickets and parking pass.

Of course, if they're in the running in December, I'm sure those invoices would already be in the mail.

So, I don't know what the first thing I'd do would be. If they clinch a berth against Chicago, probably a giant party in the yellow lot would be the first thing. Scratch that, a giant party in section 547 first. Followed by a giant party through the concourse, followed by a giant party down the ramps, then the giant party in the yellow lot.

BSofA04
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow, haven't thought of this but I'm 100% sure my night would involve alcohol, buddies, ladies, drinking games and celebratory cheers. Also, one less vacation day for "recovery".

Dread-Head
07-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Let out a bone rattling YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! that would rattle my neighbor's windows and would be audible from space. And if the Cowgirls didn't make it, that cheer would be followed by laughter that would give me abdominal cramps.

Andrew6
07-08-2008, 12:20 AM
can we change the name of this thread to "What's the first thing You are going to do when the Texans make the playoffs" ?

Carr Bombed
07-08-2008, 01:14 AM
20 years is a long time to wait! :pirate:

Dude never said he was a virgin.......just called into a local sports radio station when Houston was off to a hot start and vowed celibacy until Houston made the playoffs.....(I'm guessing he thought they'd make it last season)

P.S. BTW Joker, that made a great promo. :cool: Really made me LMFAO.......here's to the Texans making the playoffs next season.

Malloy
07-08-2008, 04:09 AM
I'll celebrate with Al and Cohol :)

whiskeyrbl
07-08-2008, 04:26 AM
If they have a home game, yeah, definitely the first thing I do is secure my tickets and parking pass.

Of course, if they're in the running in December, I'm sure those invoices would already be in the mail.

So, I don't know what the first thing I'd do would be. If they clinch a berth against Chicago, probably a giant party in the yellow lot would be the first thing. Scratch that, a giant party in section 547 first. Followed by a giant party through the concourse, followed by a giant party down the ramps, then the giant party in the yellow lot.
I forgot about the party of 70,000 + in the Parking lots after the playoff clinching game. Man it is gonna be crazy, but in a good way!!!!

Malloy
07-08-2008, 06:17 AM
I forgot about the party of 70,000 + in the Parking lots after the playoff clinching game. Man it is gonna be crazy, but in a good way!!!!

If we're sure of landing the playoff spot and end the regular season on home turf, then I'll seriously consider flying in from Denmark to go crazy! :)

TheRealJoker
07-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Dude never said he was a virgin.......just called into a local sports radio station when Houston was off to a hot start and vowed celibacy until Houston made the playoffs.....(I'm guessing he thought they'd make it last season)

P.S. BTW Joker, that made a great promo. :cool: Really made me LMFAO.......here's to the Texans making the playoffs next season.

Unfortunately for my blue balls I decided not to wait for results to AJ's "minor" knee injury after the Carolina game to make my prediction :(

ObsiWan
07-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Buy some newspapers.
In a few years they may be collectables.

SheTexan
07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
After I got through crying, (I get emotional when I'm super HAPPY,) I would e-mail all my Cowboy and Titan friends and send them a HUGE TEXAN smilie!!!! :fans: :fans:

gary
07-08-2008, 08:53 AM

So, I don't know what the first thing I'd do would be. If they clinch a berth against Chicago, probably a giant party in the yellow lot would be the first thing. Scratch that, a giant party in section 547 first. Followed by a giant party through the concourse, followed by a giant party down the ramps, then the giant party in the yellow lot.You're a huge party person.

jerek
07-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Pray that God spares my family and I from the impending apocalypse.

Texan_Bill
07-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I've often heard that if you feel like you're having a heart attack, take some aspirin immediately.. Well, the first thing I would do is:

Reach for the aspirin.

Kaiser Toro
07-08-2008, 09:21 AM
There will be an outlay of cash for the playoff game.

JDizzle
07-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Cut my hair.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2004-12-14-inside-carr.jpg

gary
07-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Cut my hair.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2004-12-14-inside-carr.jpgLMAO.

hobie
07-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure what I would do...I mean it is a significant moment in the teams history, but to me as a season ticket holder and fan, I am not sure..
I love our team, but other than just be happy for the team, I would go about things just the same, celebrate with the fans if they clinch a berth during a home game, then that's about it. If home, high 5 my wife, then go on with things.
Just becuase they make the playoffs, doesn't make me get more excited then any other game. I love this team and how they go about their work. Now let them win the 1st playoff game, then things might change...

gary
07-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure what I would do...I mean it is a significant moment in the teams history, but to me as a season ticket holder and fan, I am not sure..
I love our team, but other than just be happy for the team, I would go about things just the same, celebrate with the fans if they clinch a berth during a home game, then that's about it. If home, high 5 my wife, then go on with things.
Just becuase they make the playoffs, doesn't make me get more excited then any other game. I love this team and how they go about their work. Now let them win the 1st playoff game, then things might change...You wouldn't burn cars like another city did?

beerlover
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM
brew a commemorative batch :stirpot:

been waiting for an excuse to make an Irish Red style after battle red :toast2:

hobie
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM
You wouldn't burn cars like another city did?

I never can figure that out..Why fans of a city that wins a major sporting event would destroy their own city and property...absolutely stupid !!

Now I know DB would most likely do a sausage dance :hobie:

gary
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I never can figure that out..Why fans of a city that wins a major sporting event would destroy their own city and property...absolutely stupid !!

Now I know DB would most likely do a sausage dance :hobie:LOL.

brakos82
07-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I'd probably sick my dog at the Titans fan 4 doors down. :nicedog: :tiphat:

Wolf
07-08-2008, 11:28 AM

Now I know DB would most likely do a sausage dance :hobie:

Is that a metaphor for something ? :thinking: and if so I don't want to know

Hardcore Texan
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I would streak downtown, paint in liberty white, battle red, and deep steel blue.....not sure which colors would go where at this point. :jogger: :photos:

Wolf
07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I would streak downtown, paint in liberty white, battle red, and deep steel blue.....not sure which colors would go where at this point. :jogger: :photos:

not sure if you are married HT but this comes to mind

http://msp49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/sooksooksally/Will_Ferrell_011.jpg

Hardcore Texan
07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
not sure if you are married HT but this comes to mind

That actually did come to mind.....LOL. Yes, I am married, to a very lovely "rabbit".

SheTexan
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I know for sure I would deck my locker out at work! Hang some cool stuff on the bulliten board, harrass the CEO for playoff tickets, wear something that signifies my undying loyalty to my football team, (even though they might make me take it off,) and NEVER miss ONE moment to get a dig in to any Cowboy or Titan fan! Opps!! me thinks I've already mentioned that!!:redtowel: :texan: :logo: :gotexans1 :shetexan:

ObsiWan
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Cut my hair.

oh no he di'nt!

Texecutioner
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Slap myself a few times and make sure that I'm not dreaming. :texflag:

HOU-TEX
07-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Slap myself a few times and make sure that I'm not dreaming. :texflag:

I'd be more than happy to help you if needed. :cool:

El Tejano
07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Buy some newspapers.
In a few years they may be collectables.

You took mine. They will go along with my other collections of Texans first. First Game/Win, first TD, First Road Win, First back to back wins, first win over Jags, Titans, and Colt, first 1st rounder and every 1st rounder since the beginning of the franchise etc....

This won't be the first thing I do but I will also call all the radio stations I can to remind them that Houston is no laughing stock anymore.

HOU-TEX
07-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Nevermind

badboy
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Tell everyone who would listen how I had predicted exactly the # of wins the team would get. Then I would have to go re-stock all the Charmin I had just used.

BigTimeTexanFan
07-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Barf after the numerous celebratory beers.

NBT
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Partake of some more of that KoolAid.

The Pencil Neck
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do.

I just hope it's not caught on camera.

hollywood_texan
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
http://msp49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/sooksooksally/Will_Ferrell_011.jpg

Can we get some fried chicken?

Specnatz
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Patron

CharloTex
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Crack my head on the ceiling.

eriadoc
07-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Collect on my Vegas bets.

b0ng
07-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Tell a cowboys fan that the Texans probably have a better shot at winning a playoff game than the cowboys do

Giant Tiger
07-10-2008, 12:36 AM
I have a bet going on with 3 other football fans at work. Everybody has to wear the tie of the team that makes the playoffs for a day. I like my chances :fight: . I'm going up against the Saints, Broncos, & Bengals :texflag:

Dread-Head
07-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Cut my hair.

The short busty lady in my avitar would be delirious if I did the same...so I can't roll with ya on that one.

Thorn
07-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Barring weirdness we can’t predict, I fully expect the Texans to be in the playoffs next year. If they make it this year, I wouldn’t be that surprised, but I would be totally overjoyed.

gary
07-11-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm really hoping that it will happen this year.

TexansFight
07-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Remember the good old days when I grew up the Oilers and what it felt like to be in the playoffs for SEVEN straight years. I want a playoff spot so bad this year. This city deserves it damn it.

hobie
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Remember the good old days when I grew up the Oilers and what it felt like to be in the playoffs for SEVEN straight years. I want a playoff spot so bad this year. This city deserves it damn it.

Not so sure the city deserves it, the Texans deserve it though...But I get your point, something about getting into the playoffs just seems to make a city feel better about itself and the hope of a Cinderella run like the Giants had last year is always something that is possible !! Now wouldn't that be something......

disaacks3
07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
If we're sure of landing the playoff spot and end the regular season on home turf, then I'll seriously consider flying in from Denmark to go crazy! :) We'll get you fed & prepped over in the Blue Crew if that comes to pass!

Buy some newspapers.
In a few years they may be collectables. Yep, something to add to the collection.

After I got through crying, (I get emotional when I'm super HAPPY,) I would e-mail all my Cowboy and Titan friends and send them a HUGE TEXAN smilie!!!! :fans: If the moment happens AT a Home Game, will probably be walking over for whooping, hollerin' & hugging w/ Gma!

Pray that God spares my family and I from the impending apocalypse. Now now... :foottap:

brew a commemorative batch :stirpot:

been waiting for an excuse to make an Irish Red style after battle red :toast2: If it's a home game, you gotta remember to BRING the Keg with you this time!

Slap myself a few times and make sure that I'm not dreaming. :texflag: As already mentioned, we'll help you with that...*envisions the scene from Airplane*

texan pride
07-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Punch my mother in law! She's a Cowcrap fan.

hobie
07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Punch my mother in law! She's a Cowcrap fan.

Violence is not funny, but I had to laugh when I read that !!

gary
07-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Punch my mother in law! She's a Cowcrap fan.Now now. Why don't you just keep replaying the Seahawks game where Tony Romo fumbled the snap?

Battle Red Flash
07-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd throw a huge party. What would you do?

I'd do the K.C. thing:

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down that night. :specnatz:

gary
07-16-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd do the K.C. thing:

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down that night. :specnatz:Sing it you all.

BigWig
07-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Rub it in to Cowgirls fans!:mshadows:

TxDavid
07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Buy my playoff tickets.

Exactly what I was thinking.....

PapaL
07-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Rub it in to Cowgirls fans!:mshadows:

I'm scared to ask what "it" is; so yeah...

aj.
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Depends.... if I'm at the stadium and it's Week 16 or 17 and the Texans clinch at home ... watch out goalposts... not really.

I'd celebrate, ideally at the stadium, and reflect on how finally, after 14 long NFL seasons, Houston is back in the playoffs. Then I'd buy tickets (hopefully it's a home game). Then, even though it was a long hard struggle, I'd remind myself and others not to act like a bunch of noobs because getting back into the playoffs is just a brick in the wall of the ultimate goal.

gary
07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Depends.... if I'm at the stadium and it's Week 16 or 17 and the Texans clinch at home ... watch out goalposts... not really.

I'd celebrate, ideally at the stadium, and reflect on how finally, after 14 long NFL seasons, Houston is back in the playoffs. Then I'd buy tickets (hopefully it's a home game). Then, even though it was a long hard struggle, I'd remind myself and others not to act like a bunch of noobs because getting back into the playoffs is just a brick in the wall of the ultimate goal.Good post.

Livid13
07-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Very entertaining thread and great to see the lack of any serious negativity. I'll be ecstatic and just enjoy it. I imagine my old carcass will consume a few.