PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in July!!!!

Speedy
07-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Who's got their e-mail saying their tickets are on the way? Who's got their tickets?

It's getting close. Santa (FedEx guy) will soon be on the way.

For more of a tease, here are the dates that MY tickets came the last 4 years.

'04 - July 16
'05 - July 18
'06 - July 31
'07 - July 12

Could be only a week away!!!!!:splits:

SheTexan
07-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Speedy!! You made my day! Been busy so haven't thought to much about it, until now!! NOW I have something to look forward to during these HOT July days!

Yankee_In_TX
07-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Time for ANOTHER binder?

Dread-Head
07-05-2008, 01:00 PM
For me "Christmas in July" would have been finding out that Pac Man Jones was harrassing a little old lady who turned out to be a martial arts grand master and she gave him a tornado kick to the face. The comish would have learned of his badgering the elderly and made his ban life long.

Hardcore Texan
07-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Time for ANOTHER binder?

I am looking forward to my first binder. :tiphat:

SheTexan
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
For me "Christmas in July" would have been finding out that Pac Man Jones was harrassing a little old lady who turned out to be a martial arts grand master and she gave him a tornado kick to the face. The comish would have learned of his badgering the elderly and made his ban life long.

Ready, willing, and able!!!!:shetexan:

ATXtexanfan
07-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I am looking forward to my first binder. :tiphat:

last year was my first and it's pretty cool

Drew_Smoke
07-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Please don't be another binder.....please????

A voucher for a jersey at the Texans store would be shweet.

ubecool454
07-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Time for ANOTHER binder?

No no no...please no more binders. How about a official game jersey? Better than the jersey, all I want is a healthy Charles Spencer.... :splits:

ubecool454
07-06-2008, 09:09 AM

Why worry about Adam (don't call me Pacman) Jones? We don't play them in the regular season and they are not in our division. Lets just pick on Vince and Peyton.:thinking:

HardcoreTexan
07-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Has anyone gotten an email?

disaacks3
07-07-2008, 09:16 AM
...and on the Pallillo "extra point" this morning, his last comment was a reminder that the Texans first game this season is exactly 2 months away!

Speedy
07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
DAMMIT!!!!

I got an e-mail, but it was just from my new customer service rep saying hi.

Come on already!!!!!

Hardcore Texan
07-09-2008, 03:20 PM
DAMMIT!!!!

I got an e-mail, but it was just from my new customer service rep saying hi.

Come on already!!!!!

Me too, his name is Hofi, is that your guy?

Texan_Bill
07-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I just got an email.. I have some 'new' guy named Matt.

Which reminded me; I will be out of town next over the next week and a half, so I called the Texans Office to have them send my tickets to another address. The rep. told me that it was too late..... I will be calling them everyday, even from Hawaii, to make sure they are not delivered to my house... :bat:

Double Barrel
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I've been so busy that I forgot this is the month! WOOOHOOOO!! :splits:

Man, I love getting that FedEx package. It does feel like the adult version of being a kid at Christmas. The anticipation is awesome!

Speedy
07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
No, I got Katie.

FILO_girl
07-09-2008, 07:55 PM

Yep, that is who I got but Doc got Ted...

Tedc, maybe?
Care to share anything, Tedc? :spy:

disaacks3
07-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Yep, that is who I got but Doc got Ted...

Tedc, maybe?
Care to share anything, Tedc? :spy:
I got "Ted" as well. Definitely NOT TedC. This guy is coordination challenged, his pic shows a striped jacket, striped shirt and patterned tie. TedC is much more tasteful than that...

:texflag:

Andrew6
07-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I got Hoffie, Do they actually do anything?

hobie
07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I've been so busy that I forgot this is the month! WOOOHOOOO!! :splits:

Man, I love getting that FedEx package. It does feel like the adult version of being a kid at Christmas. The anticipation is awesome!

Yeah, but the FedEx you normally get IS of the adult version, but wrapped in brown paper...

TexanSam
07-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Shoot, give us a cap or a shirt or something. Anything besides another binder! I'll take a sweet ballpoint pen if they want to give that away!

Ryan
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Anything is better than that humongous flag they gave us a few years back.

nflnutswife
07-10-2008, 01:20 PM

Are you kidding? I love that flag!:texflag:

But seriously just send me my tickets, manilla envelope USPS!

Craig.
07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I got this today

Thank you for your inquiry. The 2008 Houston Texans Season Tickets will be sent via FedEx to most season ticket holders beginning July 10th. All accounts that had a physical address and an email address will receive an email shortly before delivery with your FedEx tracking number for your season ticket package. If your address on file with the Texans is a post office box, then you can expect to see your season ticket package by USPS priority mail around the same time. Most people should expect to receive their tickets in the next 7-10 business days.

Double Barrel
07-10-2008, 01:48 PM

I beg to differ. I proudly fly that flag at every home game since I got it. :texflag:

hobie
07-10-2008, 03:10 PM
I beg to differ. I proudly fly that flag at every home game since I got it. :texflag:

Ditto to that !!

Shoot, I'll take another one of those again instead of a 4th binder !!

Buffi2
07-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh Frabjous Day! I am too excited - I just love getting the FedEx package.

I'd take 4 flags over 4 binders any day of the week.

Double Barrel
07-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Ditto to that !!

Shoot, I'll take another one of those again instead of a 4th binder !!

No doubt, man. I only use one of those binders, and that's only to keep my used season tickets in!

TexanDave
07-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I just got an email.. I have some 'new' guy named Matt.

Which reminded me; I will be out of town next over the next week and a half, so I called the Texans Office to have them send my tickets to another address. The rep. told me that it was too late..... I will be calling them everyday, even from Hawaii, to make sure they are not delivered to my house... :bat:

I got a guy named Ted.

I also called them and found out it is too late to change the address. Last year my tickets got delivered to the warehouse in back of our offices and I had to hunt them down to get my tickets. So this year I called the Texans and asked what did I need to do to change the delivery address. They said to fax in a change of delivery address, so I did. But then yesterday they told me they still had the same delivery address as last year. Guess I will have to go hunting for my tickets again this year.

Texan_Bill
07-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I got a guy named Ted.

I also called them and found out it is too late to change the address. Last year my tickets got delivered to the warehouse in back of our offices and I had to hunt them down to get my tickets. So this year I called the Texans and asked what did I need to do to change the delivery address. They said to fax in a change of delivery address, so I did. But then yesterday they told me they still had the same delivery address as last year. Guess I will have to go hunting for my tickets again this year.

I did the fax thing......... twice. *crosses fingers*

whiskeyrbl
07-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I also fly mine on away games.

ATXtexanfan
07-10-2008, 08:42 PM

if you don't want it i'll give you a 40 oz and a pack of cig's for it straight up

Texans_Chick
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM

The flag is the best gift evaaar.

Instead of sitting in your desk or being used by a few random corporate types, a flag symbolizes that not only are you a Texan fan, but you are dang proud to be a Texan fan.

I like taking mine into games and waving it at the beginning of games and after TDs.

A few guys in Iraq emailed me to see if I could get some shipped over there, and some awesome Texan fans I knew had some extras that we sent.

/yet an another illustration why I adore Texan fans and why they are the bestest.

Ryan
07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
i think it was a nice idea, but that thing was way too big to do anything with it seemed to me. If i ever tried to wave that thing where i sit people would throw fits.

Brando
07-10-2008, 09:52 PM
If anyone does not want the flag. I will gladly take it off your hands.:texflag:

TxDavid
07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
I just got my tickets! WOOohhhOOOO!

I won't spoil the "present".....

TexanSam
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM

Is it something new at least?

Tedc
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM

Thanks, but that won't stop someone else from doing it.

TexanDave
07-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I just got my tickets too... sorta.

I am off today but one of my co-workers just called and said they got delivered to the office today. Guess I will be going in on a day off after all. woohoo

Speedy
07-11-2008, 12:13 PM
JUST GOT MY E-MAIL!! MINE ARE ON SANTA'S SLEIGH!!!!!!

:splits: :splits: :splits: :splits:

TexanDave
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh and I just noticed that TxDavid and TexanDave got their tickets so maybe they are delivering to all the Davids first. :shades:

Texans_Chick
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
i think it was a nice idea, but that thing was way too big to do anything with it seemed to me. If i ever tried to wave that thing where i sit people would throw fits.

I have aisle seats. And I keep the flag low.

Ryan
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I have aisle seats. And I keep the flag low.

I'm towards the front on the bottom deck in the south end zone. Most of the people in our section have a bad rep from everyone in the BP.

StarStruck
07-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks, but that won't stop someone else from doing it.

It won't be me! I must have been working way too much. Fed-ex just rang my bell and I had no idea what was being delivered. SWEET!

hobie
07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
What's the big deal with keeping it a secret.....It's not like we are going to go bonkers over it...A binder, whoopieeee, another flag, great, that works, a shirt, ok...
I don't have a problem posting what it is, but it's got to be later tonight when I get home....so someone save me the trouble..

Buffi2
07-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I just got mine - for once it was a good thing the fish weren't biting.

Hoo-rah!:splits:

StarStruck
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
What's the big deal with keeping it a secret.....It's not like we are going to go bonkers over it...A binder, whoopieeee, another flag, great, that works, a shirt, ok...
I don't have a problem posting what it is, but it's got to be later tonight when I get home....so someone save me the trouble..

Perhaps because some would like to experience the enjoyment of opening the package and the surprise of seeing what the gift is without prior knowledge.

GlassHalfFull
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Mine were under the front door mat when I got home!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Hobie:

PM me if you want to know what the present is.

jaayteetx
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Just got my email today, should be arriving next couple days. So excited, being a rookie season ticket holder and all...

Hardcore Texan
07-11-2008, 02:45 PM
JUST GOT MY E-MAIL!! MINE ARE ON SANTA'S SLEIGH!!!!!!

:splits: :splits: :splits: :splits:

After I saw your post, I had to go check my email......and....BAM! Same thing, mine our on the way.....:specnatz:

Drew_Smoke
07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Got mine today too...

As for the gift....in the words of Rob Scheider...

"You can put your weed in there."

hobie
07-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Got mine today too...

As for the gift....in the words of Rob Scheider...

"You can put your weed in there."

WHAT, they are giving us ZIPLOCK BAGS?!!!!

:sarcasm:

nero THE zero
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Got my tickets today too. And I have the gift and don't even know what it is.

DiapHer
07-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Got my tickets today too. And I have the gift and don't even know what it is.
If you have kids they can use it when they go back to school!!:lion:

nero THE zero
07-11-2008, 03:25 PM
If you have kids they can use it when they go back to school!!:lion:

I do have a kid, but he's 6 weeks old.

DiapHer
07-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I do have a kid, but he's 6 weeks old.

Then you will be set to go when he reaches kindergarten:thinking:

nero THE zero
07-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Then you will be set to go when he reaches kindergarten:thinking:

We must have gotten different gifts. Do they give different gifts to first time season ticket holders?

Drew_Smoke
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
We must have gotten different gifts. Do they give different gifts to first time season ticket holders?

Yes...usually first year holders get a sticker that says "2008 Season Ticket Holder" and thats about it.

Battle Red Flash
07-11-2008, 03:41 PM

Usually rookies get a Cowboys decal, or a rock. Hazing, you know.:)

Drew_Smoke
07-11-2008, 03:41 PM
WHAT, they are giving us ZIPLOCK BAGS?!!!!

:sarcasm:

You must be very wise and handsome as you are purty dang close.

The brick I bought yesterday slid right in with ease.

hobie
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes...usually first year holders get a sticker that says "2008 Season Ticket Holder" and thats about it.

I got that months ago..so I gotta believe it's more than that for the first timers..Would not be logical having 2 sets of gifts, 1 for us and 1 for 1st timers.

TxDavid
07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Is it something new at least?

Yes....

ubecool454
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I hope my tickets don't arrive until monday. I am off monday and never liked them leaving it on my doorstep.

Drew_Smoke
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I got that months ago..so I gotta believe it's more than that for the first timers..Would not be logical having 2 sets of gifts, 1 for us and 1 for 1st timers.

You very wise man. lol

c5demon
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Gottem today with our annual "special gift"!!!!. Won't ruin the surprise but it compliments the planner, binder, and flag.

Bull Pen 1
07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
I received my tickets also, I can't believe it I finally got them the first day.:splits:

Hardcore Texan
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Got home from work after getting the email and they were waiting on me and my wife forgot to tell me they came. :foottap:

But anyway, it was just nice getting them. I really, really, want one of them flags! Will they ever give them out again? :texflag:

Tedc
07-11-2008, 06:16 PM
.................. my wife forgot to tell me they came. :foottap:

HUH???

Speedy
07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
TIH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Tickets In Hand!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL TEXAN FANS!!!!

GlassHalfFull
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Can you imagine the fed ex pick up and delivery? How many season ticket seats are there, 60,000 plus? I seems like I heard that 90% of the stadium is sold to season ticket holders. If you assume that the average package is for 3 tickets, that is still 20,000 deliveries.

Tedc
07-11-2008, 06:19 PM
TIH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Tickets In Hand!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL TEXAN FANS!!!!

Merry Christmas to you Speedy. All I got from Santa is an e-mail.:foottap:

SheTexan
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM

Same here Ted. Hope they come today cause I'm leaving Monday on vacation. Well, suppose too. My family might be leaving without me cause I will NOT leave until I have my tickets in safe keeping. :mail: :fans:

SouthSideTexan
07-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I bet this is a conspiracy between FedEx,titans and cowgirls. Damn you jerry jones and bud adams. Now my TEXANS are really gonna stomp you. :drunk:

Jul 12, 2008 2:14 PM At local FedEx facility Package not
due for
delivery.

Jul 11, 2008 9:24 PM At local FedEx facility HOUSTON, TX

1:41 PM At local FedEx facility HOUSTON, TX

12:40 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN

7:56 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery HOUSTON, TX

StarStruck
07-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Your season tickets have been shipped to the address below via FedEx. THIS IS A 2-DAY SERVICE.
The first delivery attempt should be made no later than 2 business days
from today.

Funny thing at the time I received this email on 7/11, the Fed-Ex delivery was at my door. Now that's service I can appreciate!

HardcoreTexan
07-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Tracking shows mine should be here on Monday..I can't wait...

I have always wanted one of those big Texan flags too....hope they give those out again some time in my lifetime...:texflag:

jjjezebel
07-14-2008, 10:08 AM

I haven't even gotten the email yet. :foottap:

nflnutswife
07-14-2008, 10:21 AM
The little FedEx girl asked if she could see what she was delivering all day long in my area! So I opened it and showed her. . .she said "That's it" I said "heck yeah, you know how many people your making happy today?"

:jogger: This is TED chasing that little fed ex girls truck!!!:texflag:

Yankee_In_TX
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Perhaps because some would like to experience the enjoyment of opening the package and the surprise of seeing what the gift is without prior knowledge.

Not when you see the gift. LOL. I TRIED to convey that FAN ticket holders are ready for a non-business related item again (let's face it, we LOVED the flags!!).

Though, I'm not sure this is business related. Or for that matter, what it really is...

Ryan
07-14-2008, 02:24 PM
The Fed Ex guy gave me 3 knocks on my door and when i opened it the texans tickets were sitting at my feet. It was a good moment just 5 mins ago.:texflag:

TEXANS84
07-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeesh...I just got back from Chicago and my tickets were laying outside. Wonder how long they were sitting there for the world to steal.

HardcoreTexan
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm outside on my laptop waiting.....fedex.com says there out for delivery.....:texflag:

hobie
07-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Mine have been delivered to my front door at 12:04 today..just hope my neighbors cat doesn't get too interested in it !!!

Drew_Smoke
07-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Mine have been delivered to my front door at 12:04 today..just hope my neighbors cat doesn't get too interested in it !!!

I bet they'll be fine. And I doubt there will be a surge of crime. Crooks won't be following Fed Ex trucks to steal your gift.

You should get a certificate for a jersey or some bucks for NFL Shop or the Texans store. That would be cool as you could pass on your gift to someone who has no gear.

SheTexan
07-14-2008, 04:55 PM
FedEx guy was nice enough to put mine behind my storm door so noone could see them. When I drove up I thought, DAMN, still no tickets, until I opened the door. NICE feeling, and definitely felt like Christmas in July!!

BTW: I like the gift. No complaints on my part.

Seņor Stan
07-14-2008, 05:08 PM

http://www.massage-asheville.com/contact_MAIN.jpg

IM IN UR MAIL STEALIN UR TIX

sorry, just read the cat pictures thread for the 1st time today.

hobie
07-14-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.massage-asheville.com/contact_MAIN.jpg

IM IN UR MAIL STEALIN UR TIX

sorry, just read the cat pictures thread for the 1st time today.

OMG, that's too funny, her cat looks alot like that one does !!!!

hobie
07-14-2008, 05:14 PM
I bet they'll be fine. And I doubt there will be a surge of crime. Crooks won't be following Fed Ex trucks to steal your gift.

You should get a certificate for a jersey or some bucks for NFL Shop or the Texans store. That would be cool as you could pass on your gift to someone who has no gear.

They can take the gift, just leave my tickets behind !!

Overalls
07-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Mine were sittng safe and sound in my house today when I got off of work.

jjjezebel
07-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Heh...despite not getting an email, I did get the tickets today.

And yes, the "gift" sux. I would rather have had a gift card to the Texans store to spend on something I'd...you know...actually use.

ATXtexanfan
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
didn't know what to think of the gift, just goes to show you that "it's what is on the inside that counts"

aj.
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
To better understand the rationale for the gifts over the years, visit the supplier's website and read the Texans case study. The Texans were looking for a rigid mailer/gift combo that would prevent tickets from getting damaged - and I'm sure it had to be lightweight. I guess you can only get so creative with those requirements. I'd settle for tickets between two slices of 1/4 inch cardboard with the cost savings going toward cheaper beer or parking.

Andrew6
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I got my tickets but was a bit dissappointed with the gift. I was really hoping for a flag :(

StarStruck
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Heh...despite not getting an email, I did get the tickets today.

And yes, the "gift" sux. I would rather have had a gift card to the Texans store to spend on something I'd...you know...actually use.

In considering the number of ticket holders the gifts probably don't cost more than $5 each wholesale. I look at them as a token of appreciation. Even the flag was attractive, but in feeling the fabric, it couldn't have cost in the two figures. A gift card probably wouldn't go too far in the Texans store.

Yankee_In_TX
07-14-2008, 10:42 PM
In considering the number of ticket holders the gifts probably don't cost more than $5 each wholesale. I look at them as a token of appreciation. Even the flag was attractive, but in feeling the fabric, it couldn't have cost in the two figures. A gift card probably wouldn't go too far in the Texans store.

Ahhhh, nut the flag was long desired by fans ever since the 2002 short live rogue flag maker - they're unique and can't get them any where else.

LOL, I never thought I would appreciate my 10 Texans binders and planners :)

Kaiser Toro
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Had to take the day off to take my wife to the hospital at 7:15 am, get her tonsils removed and watch a strong women be wallowing in pain all day. Finally got home around 6:00 pm and found the tickets waiting for us.

I love fast acting karma.

hobie
07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Received mine yesterday and put it on the kitchen table. Well I got sidetracked and forgot they were there until about 10 minutes before I left for work...
Well after already knowing what the gift was, I was like, WTH is this thing...looks like a deflated ball flattend out and opened up..Well I tell my wife, that this year, she can do whatever she wants with it, as I have no use for it...she looks at me and says, "thanks alot" and puts it back on the table after a quick once over...
I guess what they say is true, it is the thought that counts....

And if the Texans wants something to protect the tickets..I mean the tickets are paper and so is the parking....Other than a bubble envelope, what else to ya need...Oh well, tickets in hand, and I am a happy camper !!

nflnutswife
07-15-2008, 11:11 AM
FedEx guy was nice enough to put mine behind my storm door so noone could see them. When I drove up I thought, DAMN, still no tickets, until I opened the door. NICE feeling, and definitely felt like Christmas in July!!

BTW: I like the gift. No complaints on my part.

Wish MORE people would be a little more appreciative of something that is meant to be a generous presentation for our beloved tickets.
Gosh people, what would the conversation be if we were delivered USPS a
8 1/2 x 11 white standard envelope shoved into our mailboxes as Dallas does every year!

Thanks Texans, It will keep my tickets safe and sound!:texflag:

hobie
07-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Wish MORE people would be a little more appreciative of something that is meant to be a generous presentation for our beloved tickets.
8 1/2 x 11 white standard envelope shoved into our mailboxes as Dallas does every year!

That wouldn't bother me any...as I said, it is the thought that counts. Not sure how many season ticket holders will use it though....

Double Barrel
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM

While I certainly appreciate any 'free' gift, I'm just not sure what to do with it.

TexansLucky13
07-15-2008, 11:37 AM
What is the gift? I read the last two pages but unless I missed something, no one has actually described said gift.

hobie
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
What is the gift? I read the last two pages but unless I missed something, no one has actually described said gift.

I wish I could explain it..Well it has the look and feel of a football. It's kind of like a carry bag that one of the older binders we received would fit into. It has a pen holder in it with a pocket for a cell or calculator, and the logo on it.

I am sure someone can describe it better than I did..but thats nuts and bolts of it.

gwallaia
07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
It's a satchel.

hobie
07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
It's a satchel.

That's it, could not recall the name of that to save my life....

Kaiser Toro
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I am not a big fan of extra value (built in by marketing) that I, the customer, do not see the value in - such as these type of gifts regardless of the entity doling them out. I also have only liked the flag as the gift provided, and have used the gifts I did not like as season ticket holders. In fact, if I got a flag every year I would be very happy. Which brings us to this year's gift.

When I first got it I gave it a Vulcan/Belushi stare, then touched it and soon got a whiff of the chemicals. First thought was - nice try, but it is a season ticket holder in 2008. My second thought was a stroke of brilliance on my part or an amazing disply of Marketing brilliance by the Texans - when I remembered I have been wanting a sleeve for my notebook that is very different, as in simple and unique. I then looked at my computer and then looked at the gift. I believe I then fell asleep and over coffee the following morning remembered that I had a decision to make - get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. Well I chose to live and found the ultimate bad arse Texans' Notebook Sleeve. Not sure if that is what it is, but all I know is that I am using it for something that I will proudly strut around with.

Great job Texans, but I honestly do not think others will like it as much as me. :texflag:

TexansLucky13
07-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I wish I could explain it..Well it has the look and feel of a football. It's kind of like a carry bag that one of the older binders we received would fit into. It has a pen holder in it with a pocket for a cell or calculator, and the logo on it.

I am sure someone can describe it better than I did..but thats nuts and bolts of it.

I am not a big fan of extra value (built in by marketing) that I, the customer, do not see the value in - such as these type of gifts regardless of the entity doling them out. I also have only liked the flag as the gift provided, and have used the gifts I did not like as season ticket holders. In fact, if I got a flag every year I would be very happy. Which brings us to this year's gift.

When I first got it I gave it a Vulcan/Belushi stare, then touched it and soon got a whiff of the chemicals. First thought was - nice try, but it is a season ticket holder in 2008. My second thought was a stroke of brilliance on my part or an amazing disply of Marketing brilliance by the Texans - when I remembered I have been wanting a sleeve for my notebook that is very different, as in simple and unique. I then looked at my computer and then looked at the gift. I believe I then fell asleep and over coffee the following morning remembered that I had a decision to make - get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. Well I chose to live and found the ultimate bad arse Texans' Notebook Sleeve. Not sure if that is what it is, but all I know is that I am using it for something that I will proudly strut around with.

Great job Texans, but I honestly do not think others will like it as much as me. :texflag:

Well that doesn't sound too bad to me! Like you I love the flag (my dad let me have it), but I am sure I would be able to find a use for that satchel. I have Texans stuff all over the place and I always find a way to show it off.

Just a few weeks ago I was in my parents room and I found dads leather Texans binder up there on a dresser covered in dust. I have half a mind to sneak it out of there, I doubt he would notice.

hobie
07-15-2008, 12:20 PM

Excellent idea for a notebok sleeve, but I have a 17" screen and I don't think my laptop would fit..Hey, good call on using it that way !!

DoCRoN
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I then looked at my computer and then looked at the gift. I believe I then fell asleep and over coffee the following morning remembered that I had a decision to make - get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. Well I chose to live and found the ultimate bad arse Texans' Notebook Sleeve.

Now THAT's funny!

Double Barrel
07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
I looks like a bank bag or something a document messenger would use.

I guess I'll just use it to protect my Texans leather notebook from a previous season....even though it'll be storage for both of them.

I'm not knocking any of the gifts, but the only one I have really used is the flag.

gwallaia
07-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I use the notebook folder things all the time when I go to meetings. It often starts up a conversation about the Texans.