PDA

View Full Version : WR David Anderson

gary
06-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Is he going to make the roster? How much value does he really bring to the Texans? I think he had a decent season last year and should make the roster again. I like him on goal line plays where they can fake a pass to KW or AJ and then go to him. AJ and KW would draw the D to themselves and guy like David could steal the show.

The Pencil Neck
06-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Is he going to make the roster? How much value does he really bring to the Texans? I think he had a decent season last year and should make the roster again. I like him on goal line plays where they can fake a pass to KW or AJ and then go to him. AJ and KW would draw the D to themselves and guy like David could steal the show.

At the moment, he's in the driver's seat. Its his position to lose, but a lot depends on how many WR's we end up putting on the squad. Since it looks like we're going to be carrying an extra QB on the roster this year, we may cut one of our WR positions. Right now, the WR's look like this:

AJ
KW
AD
JJ

If we carry 4, that's it. If we carry 5, he's the guy but he's going to be pressed hard by Harry Williams, Darnell Jenkins, and a couple of the other young WR's.

He's worked hard and he's played pretty well for us. (Although that fumbled PR against the Titans really hurt.) He's a pretty good special teams player.

I don't think he has any more PS eligibility where Williams and Jenkins do. So, he's got to fight hard to get that fifth spot and he's got to show a lot so that they decide to carry 5 WR's.

b0ng
06-28-2008, 02:36 PM
David Anderson showed some stuff, but he's going to have to show some improvement to warrant keeping him on the team over another rook with P/S eligibility.

gary
06-28-2008, 03:42 PM
He needs to hold on to ball a little bit better. Once he does get better at this he'll be a good option to put out there for GL plays for the reason I said before.

barrett
06-28-2008, 04:25 PM
and he'll have to cut his hair.

gary
06-28-2008, 04:45 PM
and he'll have to cut his hair.LOL.

The Pencil Neck
06-28-2008, 08:20 PM
and he'll have to cut his hair.

The problem is that he did.

And missed a strip down the middle of his noggin.

Insideop
06-28-2008, 09:15 PM
At the moment, he's in the driver's seat. Its his position to lose, but a lot depends on how many WR's we end up putting on the squad. Since it looks like we're going to be carrying an extra QB on the roster this year, we may cut one of our WR positions. Right now, the WR's look like this:

AJ
KW
AD
JJ

If we carry 4, that's it. If we carry 5, he's the guy but he's going to be pressed hard by Harry Williams, Darnell Jenkins, and a couple of the other young WR's.

He's worked hard and he's played pretty well for us. (Although that fumbled PR against the Titans really hurt.) He's a pretty good special teams player.

I don't think he has any more PS eligibility where Williams and Jenkins do. So, he's got to fight hard to get that fifth spot and he's got to show a lot so that they decide to carry 5 WR's.

This is basically how I see it too. I still think the Texans will carry 5 WR's especially if they need a backup PR/KR for Jones and Davis. Last year I think Dexter Wynn filled that slot, but I'm not sure he makes the team this year with the overload at DB (currently 10 listed as DB or CB and not including Dunta).

As for the dropped punt/hands issue, Anderson has very good hands if I recall when receiving (though few in number, I can't remember him ever dropping a pass). But, it seems everyone remembers that fumbled punt against the tacks. I thought I remember Kubes saying in an interview after the game that the fumble was partly his (meaning Kubes) fault because Anderson had been put in that position at the last minute with no practice as a PR since our PR at the time had gotten hurt or something. I don't remember if this was a game that Jones was in or if he was still out and Wynn was filling in as the PR and got hurt/shaken up. Maybe someone else can remember better than me. :thinking:

Anyway, I really like Anderson because he is one of those "lunch pail" dudes (like Ryans, Studdard, & Bulman) that may not have the good size or speed, but he has heart and grit. His chances went up of making the team when Mathis was cut, and like "P-Neck" said, "he's in the driver's seat." I'm pulling for him to make it. JMHO!

gary
06-29-2008, 08:30 AM
They should carry five I hope they do.

barrett
06-29-2008, 11:40 AM
The problem is that he did.

And missed a strip down the middle of his noggin.

yeah, good point. well he'll need to finish the job!