PDA

View Full Version : Brink has signed

drewmar74
06-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Mods, if you'd like to roll this into the "Alex Brink: Who are you thread?" - so be it.

The Texans signed quarterback Alex Brink to a rookie contract Thursday. Brink and Dominique Barber are the only two drafted rookies to have signed their deals.

Brink, a seventh-round pick, played four years at Washington State. He started his final 40 consecutive games and was the first Cougar to have two games in his career with five touchdown passes. He is Washington State's all-time leader in career net yards (rushing, receiving and passing) with 11,015 and is the only Cougar to have five 400-yard games.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5859275.html

Silver Oak
06-27-2008, 09:26 AM
so is this the end of Shane Boyd as a Texan, or will Brink go to the PS?

is it a training camp battle for the 3rd spot now...assuming they carry 3 on the roster?

barrett
06-27-2008, 10:36 AM
i'm still not totally convinced that they'll keep 3. i know that's what kubiak said but i think it depends on some of the unproven position battles and how that all plays out.

Vinny
06-27-2008, 10:46 AM
so is this the end of Shane Boyd as a Texan, or will Brink go to the PS?

is it a training camp battle for the 3rd spot now...assuming they carry 3 on the roster? Kubiak stated that he was uncomfortable with only 2 QB's last season so I am not sure this impacts that 3rd spot since there is no way Brink would be ready (I think he will be on the PS all year if he makes the cut). I guess it remains to be seen if Kubiak actually carries 3 QB's this season. Camp can't come soon enough for this guy.

Hardcore Texan
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
I think Boyd can hold down the 3rd spot and we do carry 3 QB's. Brink to the PS makes sense. That would be 2 solid QB's and 2 projects. Not a bad place to be.

threetoedpete
06-27-2008, 11:23 AM
They went way out of their way to take the guy. With a big hole at DE and players on the board in the seventh. You got a number one with injury history, and a two that's an interception machine. I think Mr. Brink is PS insurance in case a worst case scenario pops up. Sounded to me Kubiack really likes the guy potential.

Insideop
06-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Count me in with the the bunch who thinks he ends up on the PS. The only way I think he makes the team is if he flat out beats Boyd in the Preseason or one of the 3 QB's goes down with an injury in TC or Preseason. That's a tough hill to climb. Anyway, I think it will be good for Brink to be brought along slowly. If he has the tools, he'll rise to the top eventually. JMHO!

OzzO
06-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Mods, if you'd like to roll this into the "Alex Brink: Who are you thread?" - so be it....

You mean like this (http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=944543&postcount=11)?

:specnatz:

V3rm0nt3r
06-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Count me in with the the bunch who thinks he ends up on the PS. The only way I think he makes the team is if he flat out beats Boyd in the Preseason or one of the 3 QB's goes down with an injury in TC or Preseason. That's a tough hill to climb. Anyway, I think it will be good for Brink to be brought along slowly. If he has the tools, he'll rise to the top eventually. JMHO!

he is the prime example of why the preseason is more important than the normal NFL fan thinks.