PDA

View Full Version : AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

dalemurphy
06-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Can we get it going at Third Base again? I'll definitely be there for week one. It would be nice to take over that back room again and then ride the winning streak into the playoffs. I'll drag Barrett and a small crew there. Bigwig, will your crew be there? I'll gladly deal with the GM to make sure we have a setup that works for Nitrohonda.

Second, I'm thinking Home Game Caravans! Who has season tickets and drives down in time to tailgate. It might add another dimension to this season's SUperbowl run!!!!

Blake
06-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Is this game on Austin local channels or Sunday Ticket?

I am nervous about Vince taking over half our games up here...

I would like to join in on a few game this year. Third Base sounds good to me.

NitroGSXR
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
If they haven't changed their management then no. The manager knows how to work it. He does not like the closed captioning on despite what he may have told some of you people in the past. Period. Because he feels that it would distract from his other customers. I've had him personally tell me this. The only option that he's willing to do is caption them from the Network rather than changing a single TV over and captioning all the TVs would distract the rest of his customers according to him. That's the issue that I'm having with them. The last I heard, he's still the GM there. I was just there about three weeks ago during the day eating while I was waiting for my girlfriend to come out of the plastic surgeon's office right next door which is the only reason I went back in the first place.

I happened to bump into Ben (he's the guy who set up the whole thing for Third Base. Rides a stunt motorcycle. Hard to miss it outside. A sweet black R6 with the transformers logo.). I was STUNNED because Ben is my former Supertiendent's (sp?) son and we grew up with him. It had been 15 16 years since I saw him last. He's very very familiar with the Deaf community and is an expert signer. He used to skateboard with us students growing up since he lived on campus with his father and family. It was great seeing him so I explained the situation to him and he said that he would take care of it!

Alas, the response came back the same from the GM. Ben's now hopping mad and has stated that he would seek further review with the owners of Third Base on the GM's disregard for the ADA laws. He claimed that he was in real close with the owners. I believe him but at the same time, I'll believe it when I see it.

My feelings on the matter remain staunch. The GM has to go before I return to Third Base. Period. I'm fairly confident that he will be gone but until I receive confirmation, I'm going to continue to attend the bar that I went to alone for most of last season.

As for the caravan... ARE YOU NUTS??? I'm SO in! I've got a minivan and a babysitter. Fits seven people. Five open spots. Or.... *shudder* a bus? That option was once offered last season for the Denver game but it fell apart due to lack of commitments (myself included. I had to back out for a reason which I don't remember at the moment. Funds maybe?)

NitroGSXR
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Is this game on Austin local channels or Sunday Ticket?

I am nervous about Vince taking over half our games up here...

I would like to join in on a few game this year. Third Base sounds good to me.
Sunday ticket. LMAO.

Time to revisit this...

K-EYE SUCKS! K-EYE SUCKS! K-EYE SUCKS!

http://www.keye42sucks.com/

Hardcore Texan
06-19-2008, 12:19 PM
What about Pluckers? I have never been to the downtown one before, so I don't know the setup but if it is like the one in RR it would be an option.

As far as caravanning, I would be probably down for that for a game maybe two. I plan to make it a weekend visiting family on the other side of Houston a time or two (hopefullly my Dad's cancer will be in remission and I can bring him out to a tailgate), and I might do the hotel thing once in the season.

Mean Machine
06-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey Guys,
I've never met y'all but I live in Round Rock and have season tix to the games since year 1. We tailgate in the Blue Lot, we're the Battle Red Bunch', do come by if you are at a home game.

That being said, after the debacle with keye last year, I got a Dish. But it would still be coool to find a place that Texans fans could call home.
As I see it, at 3rd base we'll just always be a very small niche, since they cater to all games.
We need to find a place that's small, has a good tv, and can truly cater to Texans fans. The Saints have the SHoal Creek Saloon, we need a small place like that.

One place, Ihaven't contacted them about it, that fits that bill is La Morada restaurant up at Parmer and Mopac. They have a room, big screen, great food and drinks. We could maybe set up there and watch, get them to get some Texans stuff on the walls, it would be really cool.
Anyway,
just a thought
Gary

barrett
06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
ideally i would agree. i know i always reference the packers but it's because i have detailed knowledge of their system since i married into one of their kind. billy's bar over on burnet and handcock is the kind of joint you are describing. the guy who owns it is a packer fan. it's a tiny bar and they pack it in. it's great.

the key to that though is that the owner is a packer fan. just like at shoal creek, the owner is a saints fan... i think you see where i'm going with this. you'd be hard pressed to find a houston texans fan in austin. much less one that happens to own a bar.

if one exists then it's a no brainer. until then, i vote to keep it at 3rd Base. ASSUMING YA'LL SHOW UP. (which i lost faith in last year.) Big Wig was right.

anyways, I vote to keep it there because if you keep changing it up every year nobody knows where to go. (other than those of us who are obsessive and check the message board 5 times a day) on good days there were 20 or 30 people there that i didn't know and had no idea how they knew about the back room at 3rd base.

speaking of the back room, that's kind of the main reason i'd like to keep it there until we find a Texans owned bar. Having that back room to ourselves (IF YA'LL SHOW UP) kind of gives us that "bar of our very own" kind of feel. That and again, it's centrally located. I think that's key. We've got fans spread all over town. If it's too far north the south austin guys have to travel twice as far and visa versa if it's too far south.

If the people turn out, we can turn any medium sized bar into HT central. we were plenty loud for the Carolina game.

as for Nitro vs. The GM... that's appalling to me. I'd like to think someone who is connected could bully this dolt into doing exactly what we tell him.

barrett
06-19-2008, 01:29 PM
furthermore, i just did a search for sports bars in central austin and ... ugh... slim pickin's!

dalemurphy
06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=Hardcore Texan;940339]What about Pluckers? I have never been to the downtown one before, so I don't know the setup but if it is like the one in RR it would be an option.[QUOTE]

Umm, Pluckers is a UT bar. I know the owners and they are UT fanatics. That would be hell! I do like their wings though.

dalemurphy
06-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Hey Guys,
I've never met y'all but I live in Round Rock and have season tix to the games since year 1. We tailgate in the Blue Lot, we're the Battle Red Bunch', do come by if you are at a home game.

That being said, after the debacle with keye last year, I got a Dish. But it would still be coool to find a place that Texans fans could call home.
As I see it, at 3rd base we'll just always be a very small niche, since they cater to all games.
We need to find a place that's small, has a good tv, and can truly cater to Texans fans. The Saints have the SHoal Creek Saloon, we need a small place like that.

One place, Ihaven't contacted them about it, that fits that bill is La Morada restaurant up at Parmer and Mopac. They have a room, big screen, great food and drinks. We could maybe set up there and watch, get them to get some Texans stuff on the walls, it would be really cool.
Anyway,
just a thought
Gary

The problem with a small place is that we need it to have DirecTV and the Ticket because we're in Austin and at least 3 games will be blacked out in favor of Tennessee and another game will be blacked out in favor of Dallas.

BigWig
06-20-2008, 10:33 AM
We had that kind of bar you all were talking about. Owned by a huge Texans fan, free food supplied, yes free, pizza, hot dogs, and killer drink specials. We had this place all to ourselves, but no one showed, only a handful and then no one but myself. The Saxon Pub was the place, but the north austinites said it was too far south, and the the rest didnt shoe because the team was losing, so we moved to 3rd Base.
The Saxon is open to the ides again, or I could find out, but after 6 years of trying to get people to show and coordinating all of it I am done. I have an email list if someone wants it, and I will inquire about the Saxon but thats all I can do. Y'all let me know if thats what you want, otherwise we can do what ever the majority says here, heck I even opened my home to doing it and only Specnatz showed, I have the Ticket and a 56" Samsung , but not going to do that again.

Hardcore Texan
06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
What about Pluckers? I have never been to the downtown one before, so I don't know the setup but if it is like the one in RR it would be an option.

Umm, Pluckers is a UT bar. I know the owners and they are UT fanatics. That would be hell! I do like their wings though.

Yes, they are UT fanatics that's for sure. But as a regular at the Round Rock location I can tell you they usually have the Texans games on with sound to support a Texas team. Unless that is the cowpies are playing at the same time, then you know the drill.

I sent you a PM once but didn't get an answer so I'll ask you here, are you a Pluckers club member and did you get on the plaque on the wall, there's a guy on there with your same username you use here?

imatexan
06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Well I am moving to San Marcos to go to Texas State soo i will be close and up for it on away games.

dalemurphy
06-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes, they are UT fanatics that's for sure. But as a regular at the Round Rock location I can tell you they usually have the Texans games on with sound to support a Texas team. Unless that is the cowpies are playing at the same time, then you know the drill.

I sent you a PM once but didn't get an answer so I'll ask you here, are you a Pluckers club member and did you get on the plaque on the wall, there's a guy on there with your same username you use here?

That's not me, I don't think.

ATXtexanfan
06-21-2008, 08:53 PM
i live in leander and have 4 season tickets ( cheap seats ), i wanted to make 3rd base for the road games but it's to long of a drive (especially when my wife will drop me of down the street where they have the ticket), i heard it was a nice place. i promised my self at the end of last year that i'd make at least one gathering so i hope you guys figure out something. i'll even make 3rd base if i have to. there's not alot of room here for texan fans between the cowboys and horns

hookinreds
06-23-2008, 05:46 PM

I'm in Round Rock as well, and after making the road trip to 3rd base for about the first half of the season, I started camping out at Pluckers in Round Rock too. They had the games on inside too, but watching at the outside bar was better, even when with the cold, it just made it better. The bar tenders and Managers had a good time with us as well. They would have the Texans, Titans, and Cowboys on if all were playing at the same time...and boot the Titans game to a smaller TV if there was a conflict. Just too convienient for my Bronco buddy and myself to pass up. It's where my buddy and I will be again this year.

Hardcore Texan
06-23-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm in Round Rock as well, and after making the road trip to 3rd base for about the first half of the season, I started camping out at Pluckers in Round Rock too. They had the games on inside too, but watching at the outside bar was better, even when with the cold, it just made it better. The bar tenders and Managers had a good time with us as well. They would have the Texans, Titans, and Cowboys on if all were playing at the same time...and boot the Titans game to a smaller TV if there was a conflict. Just too convienient for my Bronco buddy and myself to pass up. It's where my buddy and I will be again this year.

I saw you there last season and said hi, introduce myself, etc. It was during one of the games that keye showed the tits over the TEXANS.

hookinreds
06-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I saw you there last season and said hi, introduce myself, etc. It was during one of the games that keye showed the tits over the TEXANS.

...and hope to see you there again this season.

NitroGSXR
06-24-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm all the way in Del Valle but I'd love to join you two. Is this just a two person sort of thing or would you like to have some additional loud Texans fans with you?

I have a place but it's lonesome all by my self on gamedays. You should see the looks that I get sometimes screaming with nobody around me. You should know. We've met.

All I want is one tv with the closed captioning on. I know Pluckers will comply. Just one single TV. The rest do not have to have them on. Just one.

barrett
06-29-2008, 06:09 PM
We had that kind of bar you all were talking about. Owned by a huge Texans fan, free food supplied, yes free, pizza, hot dogs, and killer drink specials. We had this place all to ourselves, but no one showed, only a handful and then no one but myself. The Saxon Pub was the place, but the north austinites said it was too far south, and the the rest didnt shoe because the team was losing, so we moved to 3rd Base.
The Saxon is open to the ides again, or I could find out, but after 6 years of trying to get people to show and coordinating all of it I am done. I have an email list if someone wants it, and I will inquire about the Saxon but thats all I can do. Y'all let me know if thats what you want, otherwise we can do what ever the majority says here, heck I even opened my home to doing it and only Specnatz showed, I have the Ticket and a 56" Samsung , but not going to do that again.

you continue to break my heart BW. and the sad thing is, you've got every right. man was i frustrated come last seasons end. i just don't understand after those first few games that were SO MUCH FU(KING FUN for EVERYBODY why people didn't keep coming back? and the fact that we COULD have the Saxon all to ourselves is even more frustrating. all i can hope is that when we start winning this will be easier.

in the mean time, i'm going to assume that there will continue to be a centrally located austin watch party until the fan base picks up. lets get it done!

rickyb
06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
ideally i would agree. i know i always reference the packers but it's because i have detailed knowledge of their system since i married into one of their kind. billy's bar over on burnet and handcock is the kind of joint you are describing. the guy who owns it is a packer fan. it's a tiny bar and they pack it in. it's great.

the key to that though is that the owner is a packer fan. just like at shoal creek, the owner is a saints fan... i think you see where i'm going with this. you'd be hard pressed to find a houston texans fan in austin. much less one that happens to own a bar.

if one exists then it's a no brainer. until then, i vote to keep it at 3rd Base. ASSUMING YA'LL SHOW UP. (which i lost faith in last year.) Big Wig was right.

anyways, I vote to keep it there because if you keep changing it up every year nobody knows where to go. (other than those of us who are obsessive and check the message board 5 times a day) on good days there were 20 or 30 people there that i didn't know and had no idea how they knew about the back room at 3rd base.

speaking of the back room, that's kind of the main reason i'd like to keep it there until we find a Texans owned bar. Having that back room to ourselves (IF YA'LL SHOW UP) kind of gives us that "bar of our very own" kind of feel. That and again, it's centrally located. I think that's key. We've got fans spread all over town. If it's too far north the south austin guys have to travel twice as far and visa versa if it's too far south.

If the people turn out, we can turn any medium sized bar into HT central. we were plenty loud for the Carolina game.

as for Nitro vs. The GM... that's appalling to me. I'd like to think someone who is connected could bully this dolt into doing exactly what we tell him.

Let us keep it at Third Base. I feel like the Texans crowd "owns" that place. They gave us good support, because we gave them good support. I think we have some leverage, at least enough to convince Management to do the intelligent thing and turn on one of the toobs to closed captioning.

As far as my attending every week (no one came out after me personally, so i want to be clear that i did not take it as such), I can tell you all right now, I will not be there every week. I think a little north of 50%, closing in on 75% is about right for me, given my family duties. Spec has met my fam, he knows how much I groove on em. It's a blessing and an obligation, one i am happy to uphold.

Point is: folks have responsibilities to tend to. The key to success at 3B, to plant the Texans flag and hold the turf for us, is to reach a sort of "critical mass". If 50% of that mass turns out each week, then we "rock the house, big time." (/quote of squirrelly Russian dude on the Visa commercial)

The Carolina game was absolutely insane. I mean SICKLY insane. Shoulder to shoulder. Beer everywhere. People standing on chairs. It might be unreasonable to expect that every week, but if we can get 4 of those games, plus a "high hum" on most of the weeks, I would dare call that a rousing success.

Let's hold the turf. Let's hold 3B.

best,
rick

dalemurphy
06-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Let us keep it at Third Base. I feel like the Texans crowd "owns" that place. They gave us good support, because we gave them good support. I think we have some leverage, at least enough to convince Management to do the intelligent thing and turn on one of the toobs to closed captioning.

As far as my attending every week (no one came out after me personally, so i want to be clear that i did not take it as such), I can tell you all right now, I will not be there every week. I think a little north of 50%, closing in on 75% is about right for me, given my family duties. Spec has met my fam, he knows how much I groove on em. It's a blessing and an obligation, one i am happy to uphold.

Point is: folks have responsibilities to tend to. The key to success at 3B, to plant the Texans flag and hold the turf for us, is to reach a sort of "critical mass". If 50% of that mass turns out each week, then we "rock the house, big time." (/quote of squirrelly Russian dude on the Visa commercial)

The Carolina game was absolutely insane. I mean SICKLY insane. Shoulder to shoulder. Beer everywhere. People standing on chairs. It might be unreasonable to expect that every week, but if we can get 4 of those games, plus a "high hum" on most of the weeks, I would dare call that a rousing success.

best,
rick

we need to keep Barrett's fat *ss off those chairs though!

3rd and Inches
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Unfortunately, I can't do the bar thing, as much as I'd love to. I will probably be having a couple of BBQ/Cookouts during the season at my house if anyone wants to come.

I got a 60" LCD HDTV with surround sound.. and y'all are more than welcome to bring brews for yourselves if need be.

DiehardChris
07-01-2008, 12:45 AM

best,
rick

The Carolina game was amazing at 3B. I still can't get over how incredibly loud it was. A rousing road win against a favored opponent will do that. When the Texans got that special teams TD after causing a fumble on one of the kickoffs, it was unclear whether or not the TD would stand - but man, when the ref said "after further review, it is a touchdown" that place positively exploded!!

Definitely one of the highlights of the season.

Hook'er
07-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Where is the 3rd Base located?

DiehardChris
07-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Just west of downtown Austin - right at the edge of West 6th before Mopac. Ample, free parking, tons of TVs, pretty easy to find and get to.

Specnatz
07-01-2008, 12:55 PM

best,
rick

You have an awsome family Rick, and your son is a wildman with lots of energy and I am sure it is a full time juob keeping up with him.

we need to keep Barrett's fat *ss off those chairs though!

Is it 3 chairs now that are on IR?

ATRAIN
07-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Im totally down for meeting up for the games in Austin. We should get some shirts made. Yeah I know im a dork but I think it would be cool. Maybe with our handle on it as well, in battle red of course.

ATXtexanfan
07-01-2008, 11:03 PM
can we get a car pool from the cedar park/leander area if this goes down at 3rd BASE????????

Mean Machine
07-02-2008, 12:26 AM
I think 3rd base sounds pretty decent, but....I think it would be great to find a place that is ALL ours, I don't want to be even around cowboy fan, and anytime, we play at 3pm and dallas plays at 3pm, which will happen a couple of times this season, you know who will be pushed to the back.

We just need a place where it's TEXANS fans...Ohio State has taken over Sam's Boat, the Saints have shoal creek saloon, we need our own place.

Just my thoughts, but nevertheless, would like to meet up somewheres with Centex TEXANS fans

dalemurphy
07-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Im totally down for meeting up for the games in Austin. We should get some shirts made. Yeah I know im a dork but I think it would be cool. Maybe with our handle on it as well, in battle red of course.

That kind of dorkiness speaks to my soul!

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
I think 3rd base sounds pretty decent, but....I think it would be great to find a place that is ALL ours, I don't want to be even around cowboy fan, and anytime, we play at 3pm and dallas plays at 3pm, which will happen a couple of times this season, you know who will be pushed to the back.

We just need a place where it's TEXANS fans...Ohio State has taken over Sam's Boat, the Saints have shoal creek saloon, we need our own place.

Just my thoughts, but nevertheless, would like to meet up somewheres with Centex TEXANS fans

We need to find the owner of a bar that is a Texans fan. Anyone have any ideas or connections?

nflnutswife
07-02-2008, 10:54 AM
That kind of dorkiness speaks to my soul!

I'm the Dork that can set you up! Let me know!
:fans:

Hardcore Texan
07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm all the way in Del Valle but I'd love to join you two. Is this just a two person sort of thing or would you like to have some additional loud Texans fans with you?

I have a place but it's lonesome all by my self on gamedays. You should see the looks that I get sometimes screaming with nobody around me. You should know. We've met.

All I want is one tv with the closed captioning on. I know Pluckers will comply. Just one single TV. The rest do not have to have them on. Just one.

The more the merrier!

I just now saw your post Nitro, sorry for the delayed response. I usually only go out if the game is not going to be on local channels. I a broke down and got the ticket last year a few games in and then even couldn't get one game with the ticket, I think that is the time I bumped into HookinReds. It was not a planned event, but there was him and a couple other Texans fans there as well. Point is, you are more than welcome to join me or anyone for that matter, I am sure the close captioning would not be an issue at all, the bartenders/managers are cool there. But I usually only leave the house if the game is not on local TV. I am not getting the ticket this year, that's for sure. I could certainly plan on meeting up there though even if the game is on locally, just to enjoy the atmosphere and get some awesome wings. Let's keep that idea handy as the season gets closer.

As far as 3rd Base and the big gathering, I went to the Season Opener last year and had a great time, it was a ton of fun, and I had a blast meeting a bunch of posters and high fiving, etc. But as much fun as it is, I just can't make it downtown that much, maybe once per season. Between the kids, my wife, a few trips to Houston for home games that takes care of most of our getting out on Sundays. And when I do, it's pretty darn convenient and cheap to go down the street to Pluckers.

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm the Dork that can set you up! Let me know!

Nice!!! I wonder if the Texanstalk powers would let us use the name on the shirts. I guess if so we could just use Texans Fan club Austin. Maybe battle red shirts with white lettering :).

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
The more the merrier!

I just now saw your post Nitro, sorry for the delayed response. I usually only go out if the game is not going to be on local channels. I a broke down and got the ticket last year a few games in and then even couldn't get one game with the ticket, I think that is the time I bumped into HookinReds. It was not a planned event, but there was him and a couple other Texans fans there as well. Point is, you are more than welcome to join me or anyone for that matter, I am sure the close captioning would not be an issue at all, the bartenders/managers are cool there. But I usually only leave the house if the game is not on local TV. I am not getting the ticket this year, that's for sure. I could certainly plan on meeting up there though even if the game is on locally, just to enjoy the atmosphere and get some awesome wings. Let's keep that idea handy as the season gets closer.

As far as 3rd Base and the big gathering, I went to the Season Opener last year and had a great time, it was a ton of fun, and I had a blast meeting a bunch of posters and high fiving, etc. But as much fun as it is, I just can't make it downtown that much, maybe once per season. Between the kids, my wife, a few trips to Houston for home games that takes care of most of our getting out on Sundays. And when I do, it's pretty darn convenient and cheap to go down the street to Pluckers.

Which pluckers do you go to, the one in Round Rock ?

Hardcore Texan
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Which pluckers do you go to, the one in Round Rock ?

Yes, right off of 35 next to Academy.

ATXtexanfan
07-02-2008, 06:40 PM
i can honestly say that i never made it past the lemon pepper drums at pluckers. that's all i get and am totally satisfied each time like the first time. i can make it there or to the lakeline location.

BigWig
07-03-2008, 08:31 AM
We need to find the owner of a bar that is a Texans fan. Anyone have any ideas or connections?

See my quote below from the first page of this post.

BigWig
07-03-2008, 08:39 AM
I would also like to add, that for several years now I have ran the "Austin-Houston Texans fan club" and there is always tons of chatter here but the numbers dont lie. When it comes time to show up at the "voted establishment" based on chatter from these threads they just dont match.
What I am saying here is I have tried so hard every year and it may start with a bang but by game 6 or 8 its really a dud.
I have an email list of over 60 TExans fans who signed up for these watch partys but only a handful really showed up. I made every road game watch party even when I had season tix, and sometimes I was the only one there.
If you all get it going more power to ya, and I hope you do. Anyone who wants to take on the weekly emails and posts and emails I sent out, just pm me and I will turn over "the list".
One off the main issues has always been north or south, and that was never settled, except I did meet a few from N Austin when we were at 3rd Base.
I hope to see all you I met before real soon, lest get it going somewhere, thanks.

dalemurphy
07-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I would also like to add, that for several years now I have ran the "Austin-Houston Texans fan club" and there is always tons of chatter here but the numbers dont lie. When it comes time to show up at the "voted establishment" based on chatter from these threads they just dont match.
What I am saying here is I have tried so hard every year and it may start with a bang but by game 6 or 8 its really a dud.
I have an email list of over 60 TExans fans who signed up for these watch partys but only a handful really showed up. I made every road game watch party even when I had season tix, and sometimes I was the only one there.
If you all get it going more power to ya, and I hope you do. Anyone who wants to take on the weekly emails and posts and emails I sent out, just pm me and I will turn over "the list".
One off the main issues has always been north or south, and that was never settled, except I did meet a few from N Austin when we were at 3rd Base.
I hope to see all you I met before real soon, lest get it going somewhere, thanks.

BigWig, I'll take over the list if nobody else wants it, but since I have season tickets it might be best to find someone who stays in town during home games. Regarding the Saxon Pub, does it have the Ticket?... because as we all know, we need to have a bar that shows the Texan games when the local affiliate chooses to show VY and Bud's gang.

rickyb
07-03-2008, 03:43 PM
The Carolina game was amazing at 3B. I still can't get over how incredibly loud it was. A rousing road win against a favored opponent will do that. When the Texans got that special teams TD after causing a fumble on one of the kickoffs, it was unclear whether or not the TD would stand - but man, when the ref said "after further review, it is a touchdown" that place positively exploded!!

Definitely one of the highlights of the season.

Right there with you. Easily one of my best memories of 2007, and 2007 was a very good year for me.

BigWig
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
BigWig, I'll take over the list if nobody else wants it, but since I have season tickets it might be best to find someone who stays in town during home games. Regarding the Saxon Pub, does it have the Ticket?... because as we all know, we need to have a bar that shows the Texan games when the local affiliate chooses to show VY and Bud's gang.

He hasnt had it but since we bailed on him I did hear a rumour he went and go it because of KEYE, he even wrote protests himself. I like Joe( the owner) a lot and would love to go back there due to the easy in and out, free food( maybe not anymore), coolstaff, and no other fans of any other teams. But no one seems to want to do that. I will only ask him if we get a lot of people wanting to try it, and I mean "concrete" amount because I tried and tried to get people out an no one showed for 3 years. At one time we had some of the famous "Blue Crew" show up. That 2-14 yr really hurt us.

barrett
07-13-2008, 06:15 PM
i'd love to make saxon a reality. really i would. they'd have to have the ticket so we can guarantee that we're on. location shouldn't be an issue. but apparently it is for texans fans. that's why i always pitch for central because it splits the "pain" of having to drive somewhere to equal for both areas. apparently there are other issues as well and that's fine.

(it's important that i try to repair my sour attitude that i have about it.)

but it's not fair to a place like the saxon if they're going out of their way to give us a place all our own and we're flaking. i'd think that there would be 3 or 4 of us religiously but that might as well be a living room somewhere.

officially my vote is either 3rd Base or Saxon. Saxon is ideal in everyway so long as it's a constant with the ticket. if it shuts down by week 8 and we're looking for a new home then it's not worth it because we're back to trying to drum up awareness of our location somewhere else and we've lost any momentum that we gained from last year.

on that note, as much as Saxon seems ideal, I think we should keep it at 3rd Base for now. Maybe we have a better season this year. maybe we solidify our location. Too bad that it wont be there though. if ya'll vote for Saxon then great too. But I'm going with sticking with 3rd Base.... Or Saxon... or 3rd Base... or saxo....

rickyb
07-13-2008, 08:57 PM
i'd love to make saxon a reality. really i would. they'd have to have the ticket so we can guarantee that we're on. location shouldn't be an issue. but apparently it is for texans fans. that's why i always pitch for central because it splits the "pain" of having to drive somewhere to equal for both areas. apparently there are other issues as well and that's fine.

(it's important that i try to repair my sour attitude that i have about it.)

but it's not fair to a place like the saxon if they're going out of their way to give us a place all our own and we're flaking. i'd think that there would be 3 or 4 of us religiously but that might as well be a living room somewhere.

officially my vote is either 3rd Base or Saxon. Saxon is ideal in everyway so long as it's a constant with the ticket. if it shuts down by week 8 and we're looking for a new home then it's not worth it because we're back to trying to drum up awareness of our location somewhere else and we've lost any momentum that we gained from last year.

on that note, as much as Saxon seems ideal, I think we should keep it at 3rd Base for now. Maybe we have a better season this year. maybe we solidify our location. Too bad that it wont be there though. if ya'll vote for Saxon then great too. But I'm going with sticking with 3rd Base.... Or Saxon... or 3rd Base... or saxo....

I would like to see us stick with 3rd Base. I think continuity is key.

hookinreds
07-13-2008, 10:22 PM
I would like to see us stick with 3rd Base. I think continuity is key.

Let me throw another wrench into the discussion...Third Base is opening up another location in Round Rock!!! 3107 S. IH 35 Suite 810 Round Rock, TX 78764. For those familiar to the area, it's in the Target parking lot in one of those unfinished buildings between Target and Sportsmans Wearhouse/Best Buy (basically in the Target parking lot), or about 500 yards East of Joy. The building that they are finishing out looks to be about the same size, and peaking through a tear in the plastic covering the windows, looks alot like the same layout inside, with the addition of a very large patio area on the South side of the building that was completly shaded when I was there @ 6pm I think. Should draw a big Dell crowd during the week for lunch and happy hour if they do it up right. There will be plenty of parking becuase it's in the middle of a parking lot and convienient to get to from 35, Louis Henna, and the toll road.

How about them apples!

barrett
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
well that certainly underminds our attempt at creating a "home base" for texans to come together and root for there team. if that's what you're asking?

hookinreds
07-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week. I'm not organizing anything, but I also won't be traveling that distance except maybe on occasion when there are a couple establishments within 5-10 minutes from my house...just didn't want to start a new thread ROUND ROCK and surrounding areas north of Austin fans! Where are we gonna watch?

Specnatz
07-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Let me throw another wrench into the discussion...Third Base is opening up another location in Round Rock!!! 3107 S. IH 35 Suite 810 Round Rock, TX 78764. For those familiar to the area, it's in the Target parking lot in one of those unfinished buildings between Target and Sportsmans Wearhouse/Best Buy (basically in the Target parking lot), or about 500 yards East of Joy. The building that they are finishing out looks to be about the same size, and peaking through a tear in the plastic covering the windows, looks alot like the same layout inside, with the addition of a very large patio area on the South side of the building that was completly shaded when I was there @ 6pm I think. Should draw a big Dell crowd during the week for lunch and happy hour if they do it up right. There will be plenty of parking becuase it's in the middle of a parking lot and convienient to get to from 35, Louis Henna, and the toll road.

How about them apples!

well that certainly underminds our attempt at creating a "home base" for texans to come together and root for there team. if that's what you're asking?

Those apples look wrotten to me.

I am not driving all the way from Buda to Round Rock. If that is where everyone wants to gather I might see yall for a game or two but just to far for me. Yeah I know there is only a few of us that are south like Bigwig, RickyB and myslef.

barrett
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week. I'm not organizing anything, but I also won't be traveling that distance except maybe on occasion when there are a couple establishments within 5-10 minutes from my house...just didn't want to start a new thread ROUND ROCK and surrounding areas north of Austin fans! Where are we gonna watch?

wasn't trying to be rude by the way. more like bad funny. i understand the geography issue of course.

Kaiser Toro
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Hopefully the team gets on a roll and we have enough interest to support several Texan bars in the metro area.

Got my tickets today!

BigWig
07-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Maybe we ought to scrap this thread and start two new ones.
#1 North Austin Fans! Where ya gonna watch?
#2 South Austin fans! Where ya gonna watch?

We will always have this division and its pointless to try and get either to budge. Not to mention the chance of seeing cherries on the way home from a long drive is not worth it.

Dont forget the south always won the good ole Austin tug of war!

dalemurphy
07-15-2008, 09:43 AM

It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a Round Rock location. Look, I live in the suburbs also. With that decision is an unspoken agreement that I'll be driving some distance to things... Break down the word (sub urban). Central Austin is the obvious and only realistic spot for area wide fans of the Texans to meet. If you live in the outskirts and are not willing to drive 20 minutes for it, start a new thread titled, "I need the world to be more accomodating to me", or something like that. This thread is titled, "Austin Fans, where are we gonna meet".

It kills me, more than you know, to agree with Specnatz... But, there it is.

Hardcore Texan
07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a Round Rock location. Look, I live in the suburbs also. With that decision is an unspoken agreement that I'll be driving some distance to things... Break down the word (sub urban). Central Austin is the obvious and only realistic spot for area wide fans of the Texans to meet. If you live in the outskirts and are not willing to drive 20 minutes for it, start a new thread titled, "I need the world to be more accomodating to me", or something like that. This thread is titled, "Austin Fans, where are we gonna meet".

Nice pissing contest we got going on here.

All of a sudden an MB member can't post comments in this thread, because you say.......(gasp)...it's off topic. :thinking:

Everybody needs to quit piling on Hookinreds, damn all he said was:

Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week

At no point did he suggest to move the gathering up North.
He even said he would make the longer drive on occasion, just not every week.

Specnatz
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Nice pissing contest we got going on here.

All of a sudden an MB member can't post comments in this thread, because you say.......(gasp)...it's off topic. :thinking:

Everybody needs to quit piling on Hookinreds, damn all he said was:

At no point did he suggest to move the gathering up North.
He even said he would make the longer drive on occasion, just not every week.

HC some of us was just giving him some shit.

Like I said I would make a game or two but could no way make all of them. It would be like someone in sugarland going to the Woodlands to watch a game it is not viable option is all.

Hardcore Texan
07-15-2008, 11:46 AM
HC some of us was just giving him some shit.

Like I said I would make a game or two but could no way make all of them. It would be like someone in sugarland going to the Woodlands to watch a game it is not viable option is all.

Ten-Four. FWIW, I understand and agree, which is why I won't make it to 3rd base that often. It's not something I can do every week or even close being a) I live in RR, b) i am going to some home games. c) my wife and I usually watch the games together if they are on regular ole TV, if not we would have to get a sitter or I go by myself. But last year when I went, I had a great time with all the fellow Texans fans, it was so much fun, high fiving, ranting and raving, I wish I could do it more, but because I can't it does make it special. :texflag:

hookinreds
07-15-2008, 01:03 PM

There you have it folks, Moses has returned from the mountain top with life's direction.

barrett
07-15-2008, 01:30 PM
back to the issue though, all agreed we'll keep the centrally located 3rd Base for now? hope the sub-urban fans can make it out sometimes as well. the more the merrier.

Specnatz
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
back to the issue though, all agreed we'll keep the centrally located 3rd Base for now? hope the sub-urban fans can make it out sometimes as well. the more the merrier.

I am all for central location. ThirdBase was and is fine with me. :texflag:

Mean Machine
07-15-2008, 04:48 PM
First of all, I have never gone out to see an away game here in town with y'all but it would be nice to meet up here with fans and then to see you guys again at the Reliant Tailgate for home games, I always watch at home on the dish, that being said, I live in Round Rock and if we are going to show up in true Texans force, we need to have a central meet up spot.

If it's 3rd base then it 3rd base, or if its Saxon pub then it should be there. My only thing is it needs to be a place where Texans fans get the biggest TV, not regulated to the corner tv because the dallas or tenn team is on another channel.

axman40
07-15-2008, 08:02 PM
First of all, I have never gone out to see an away game here in town with y'all but it would be nice to meet up here with fans and then to see you guys again at the Reliant Tailgate for home games, I always watch at home on the dish, that being said, I live in Round Rock and if we are going to show up in true Texans force, we need to have a central meet up spot.

If it's 3rd base then it 3rd base, or if its Saxon pub then it should be there. My only thing is it needs to be a place where Texans fans get the biggest TV, not regulated to the corner tv because the dallas or tenn team is on another channel.
There is the problem how many folks can we count to show up week in and week out. The more the merrier and better set up.
:texflag:

rickyb
07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I am all for central location. ThirdBase was and is fine with me. :texflag:

Yes. I am still in for Central 3B.

TEXANSFAN1
07-15-2008, 11:20 PM
3rd base will workfor me. :doot:

hookinreds
07-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Don't get me wrong...I think Third Base should be Home Plate as well, had a great time there with and with out my 8 year old son for the multiple games we were there.

BigWig
07-16-2008, 09:06 AM
If axman40 shows I need to show he owes me $20 from last year!:kingkong:

axman40
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Will then you better show up and I will buy you beer and munchies!

rickyb
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Don't get me wrong...I think Third Base should be Home Plate as well, had a great time there with and with out my 8 year old son for the multiple games we were there.

And it was good meeting you. (Patrick, right? if memory serves me correctly...)

Hey I understand about the long drive. That's cool. Maybe we can schedule 2 games or so where everyone convenes at the downtown location. Just a thought.

dalemurphy
07-16-2008, 10:23 PM

Hey I understand about the long drive. That's cool. Maybe we can schedule 2 games or so where everyone convenes at the downtown location. Just a thought.

How about the game at Green Bay and then the AFC Divisional playoff game?

Specnatz
07-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Like I said I preferr the central location, but if for say a 3pm game it is scheduled for RR I would do the long ass haul there but there is no way I could do that every for game.

hookinreds
07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Like I said I preferr the central location, but if for say a 3pm game it is scheduled for RR I would do the long ass haul there but there is no way I could do that every for game.

Keep Austin Third Base the HQ, and we'll just have a satilite locaiton in RR, (hell, I haven't even talked to Mama Beaver yet about it) and make "road trips" whenever. Road trips are sometimes the best part of any season.

barrett
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM

why would you want to watch the Divisional playoff game at 3rd Base when we're playing at reliant? sometimes you don't make any sense dale.

Livid13
07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
If axman40 shows I need to show he owes me $20 from last year!:kingkong:

And you owe me $60 from two years ago. I WILL be making the Austin (away) games and unfortunately the home games, as I had to give up my tickets. Looking forward to getting re-aquainted guys.....

Hook'er
07-18-2008, 05:35 AM
I will be there for a few games this year. I've never been over there but it sounds like good times!

BigWig
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
And you owe me $60 from two years ago. I WILL be making the Austin (away) games and unfortunately the home games, as I had to give up my tickets. Looking forward to getting re-aquainted guys.....

Whats this about, I never borrowed bucks from you man??
I will believe it when I see it, you didnt make any games last year as far as watches go.

DiehardChris
07-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm great with keeping it at 3rd Base. I wish they could have worked out their issues for Nitro, and sometimes their service was slooooow... and um... at the Denver game, when there were no seats left at the Texans table, their waitstaff moved me like three times (I was there alone and taking up a full four-seat table, so that was understandable, but still... three times!)... but I just keep going back to that Carolina game and how awesome it was. I won't make every game, but I'll show up when I can.

Also, all of you owe me $20 each.

Livid13
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Whats this about, I never borrowed bucks from you man??
I will believe it when I see it, you didnt make any games last year as far as watches go.

I'm just yanking your chain BW!

barrett
07-18-2008, 12:25 PM
if i'm not mistaken everyone owe's me a jameson on the rocks. remember? come on guys...

Specnatz
07-19-2008, 12:13 AM
if i'm not mistaken everyone owe's me a jameson on the rocks. remember? come on guys...

I think your fat ASS needs to mix in a diet drink or water so you do not IR any more chairs. No prob on the jameson cause you owe me a shot of Patron.

atxlaurie
08-06-2008, 07:14 PM
There is the problem how many folks can we count to show up week in and week out. The more the merrier and better set up.
[/B]

I'll go to Saxon cuz its closer or Third Base(did it last year), but only to the games that aren't shown. If they're shown, I'm staying home. (Sunday's my only day off)

Mailman
08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I plan on watching most games with ya'll at Third Base. I was there last year for a few games (KC, Carolina, and Tampa) but confined myself to a seat at the bar. I'm especially looking forward to Sundays this year because I'm finished with grad school so I can let loose for the Texans instead of stressing out over the reading/writing/research assignments I had to complete most Sundays.

barrett
08-07-2008, 02:32 AM
school's for dropouts didn't you know?

Texanator
08-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Well if it's the 3rd base then so be it. I have talked to Joe @ Saxon and he has dish so............? If majority want s to go to the 3rd I'll tag along too. I don't really care being as I'm such a mild, timid fan during the games. Noone would hardly notice me anyways. Ax....and Spectz.....you guys owe me a shot everytime you get to see my beautimous smile.
Now lets go kill some competition!

BigWig
08-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Nice to see your still around. I thought bu now you might have drank yourself into oblivion!
I would love to go back to Saxon but all the comments on here point to 3rd base. I will wait and see , when things die at 3rd base I will go over to Saxon. I like Joe a lot and he was good to Texans fans I will make a couple at the Saxon for old times sake.

NitroGSXR
08-17-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm definitely up for the Saxon. As some of you know, I'm not a fan of Third Base. I'm going whereever you guys are for the first game then going to stick with the Round Rock guys at Pluckers or the Saxon if we all move over there for the rest of the season.

atxlaurie
08-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Saxon is closer for me. What about food there? Third Base is about a C to B- on the food. The service was always good though. You guys decide.

barrett
08-18-2008, 06:04 AM
glad to hear you're gonna stick it out for one more game Nitro. hope they get it fixed for you.

BigWig
08-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Right now I think our first away game I will do at 3rd Base, then the fisrt home game I will go and watch with Joe at the Saxon. It seems that when we had a home game no one would come to 3rd base, WAIT, after the first few games no one came to 3rd base anyway what am I talking about. Oh well sticking with my plan for now.

atxlaurie
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Ok, Third Base it is...maybe the burgers won't be a dry this year.

axman40
08-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Ok, Third Base it is...maybe the burgers won't be a dry this year.
The nachos were good at 3B last year.

dalemurphy
08-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Right now I think our first away game I will do at 3rd Base, then the fisrt home game I will go and watch with Joe at the Saxon. It seems that when we had a home game no one would come to 3rd base, WAIT, after the first few games no one came to 3rd base anyway what am I talking about. Oh well sticking with my plan for now.

Since Saxon Pub has dish, let's do Saxon Pub... I know I can get Barrett there. What do you guys think? too late to work on a new plan?

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 03:18 AM
Since Saxon Pub has dish, let's do Saxon Pub... I know I can get Barrett there. What do you guys think? too late to work on a new plan?

Tell me where to be ............ it is that simple.

BigWig
08-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Lets stick with the plan for 3rd base becasue 1530 am may have a presence there. Hookem was going to work on that. After that I am open to suggestions or the Saxon!

Specnatz
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Lets stick with the plan for 3rd base becasue 1530 am may have a presence there. Hookem was going to work on that. After that I am open to suggestions or the Saxon!

Are you going to be there for the dallas game?????

Hookem Horns
08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
I will be at 3rd on Friday night for the Dallas game.

barrett
08-20-2008, 06:32 PM
...It seems that when we had a home game no one would come to 3rd base....

i know that a handfull of us are doing the season ticket thing. so that would explain some of the dropoff for home games.

BigWig
08-21-2008, 09:14 AM
i know that a handfull of us are doing the season ticket thing. so that would explain some of the dropoff for home games.

I too was one of those, I even bought PSL's and have my name on the glass wall. I just couldnt do the drive and spend the time on the road it took every week, especially since I have a family now, in the first 5 years it was only me and the wife, and my other ticket holder also bowed out after awhile.

barrett
08-21-2008, 05:58 PM
you know, dalemuphy goes with me so he always has a pair of tickets for every game that he's got to get rid of. we need to meet up down there sometime.

BigWig
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Are you going to be there for the dallas game?????

Nah, just gonna watch at my house.

BigWig
08-22-2008, 02:29 PM
you know, dalemuphy goes with me so he always has a pair of tickets for every game that he's got to get rid of. we need to meet up down there sometime.

You know Spec an I might take you up on that one day. We could all split the gas, cut the beans and have a party.

Specnatz
08-22-2008, 03:38 PM
You know Spec an I might take you up on that one day. We could all split the gas, cut the beans and have a party.

Works for me.

Texan_Bill
08-22-2008, 04:05 PM

Works for me.

Wig,
Spec won't come through... :voodoo:

Specnatz
08-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Wig,
Spec won't come through... :voodoo:

I screwd up ok geesh. It is not like you have never changed plans cause of a woman.

Texan_Bill
08-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I screwd up ok geesh. It is not like you have never changed plans cause of a woman.

Two words for you: "P-Whipped"

Thats what separates the men from the boys.... Men lay down the law to their women, boys do as they're told....

*prepares to get smacked by every lady on the board*

Showtime100
08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Have fun fellas. I'd go but alcohol rules me so..... Be careful out there in the rain.
:texans:
:logo:
:texan:

rickyb
08-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm just saying "holla, people." It's been a while, and I've been hella-busy with work and home.

Looking forward to Week 1. 3B v Pitt.

all the best
rickyb

barrett
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
i expect my table to be set up and ready to go!

BigWig
09-02-2008, 08:24 AM
We only save tables for the early comers, no slackers!

barrett
09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
if by slackers you mean me arriving at 11 consistently then yes... it's true. i am what you say i am.

see you sunday bw!

Specnatz
09-03-2008, 10:00 AM
i expect my table to be set up and ready to go!

We only save tables for the early comers, no slackers!

if by slackers you mean me arriving at 11 consistently then yes... it's true. i am what you say i am.

see you sunday bw!

Fine we will have a table for you but no chairs you have to stand all game long. It is costing thirdbase too much money for you to watch games there.

Kaiser Toro
09-03-2008, 10:43 AM
My television went out and the warranty just expired. Dude is coming out to look at it on Friday. If he can't fix it, I will be there.....by 11 am.

BTW, please let me know if there are any fluent Spanish speakers attending. I am taking Spanish classes and would like to converse in Espanol.

Showtime100
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I'll be at home, having an iced tea, watching the game. Wondering where's Dukey. True....True.

ATRAIN
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I told some of my buddies (bucs fans) that I would watch at 3rd base North. So ill try to make it week 2 to 3rd base downtown. If anyone is going up north PM me and you can come cheer on the Texans along side me.

Specnatz
09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
My television went out and the warranty just expired. Dude is coming out to look at it on Friday. If he can't fix it, I will be there.....by 11 am.

BTW, please let me know if there are any fluent Spanish speakers attending. I am taking Spanish classes and would like to converse in Espanol.

How is the TV fixing going KT? I sorta hope it is not fixed so I can buy ya a beer at 3rdbase.

Kaiser Toro
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
How is the TV fixing going KT? I sorta hope it is not fixed so I can buy ya a beer at 3rdbase.

Waiting for the dude to call and stop by and check it out. I look forward to seing you there in the event it does not get fixed.

NitroGSXR
09-05-2008, 01:00 PM
I'll be at Third Base on Sunday.

dalemurphy
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll be at Third Base on Sunday.

What's the status of the captioning? Has someone received some kind of assurance that they'll accomodate you or is that yet to be resolved?

Specnatz
09-05-2008, 01:22 PM
What's the status of the captioning? Has someone received some kind of assurance that they'll accomodate you or is that yet to be resolved?

I will get there early and talk with the manager.

Kaiser Toro
09-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I will be there. Can't get the new part installed until next week.

NitroGSXR
09-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Yet to be resolved nor do I care. I can't forget how much fun I had at last season's season opener. I'll be joining the two fellows from TexansTalk at Pluckers in Round Rock beginning next week and so on but the first game has to be at Third Base. It was electric and I felt as if I was at the game.

Thanks, Spec. I hope you get it solved so I can at least enjoy this game to the fullest. Only one TV has to have it. Not all of them. I'm easy to work with!

Specnatz
09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Yet to be resolved nor do I care. I can't forget how much fun I had at last season's season opener. I'll be joining the two fellows from TexansTalk at Pluckers in Round Rock beginning next week and so on but the first game has to be at Third Base. It was electric and I felt as if I was at the game.

Thanks, Spec. I hope you get it solved so I can at least enjoy this game to the fullest. Only one TV has to have it. Not all of them. I'm easy to work with!

I am not promising anything or what TV it will be on but if I get there early enough they can do there thing.

barrett
09-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I will be there. Can't get the new part installed until next week.

that's no coincidence. we made some calls. expect to find more delays next week too. see you sunday.

BigWig
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
For you RR dwellers, I heard they have a new 3rd Base there also.

hookinreds
09-06-2008, 02:25 AM
...and when I was there at RR 3b earlier this week, they had captioning on one tv up front over the pool table.

NitroGSXR
09-06-2008, 11:13 AM
...and when I was there at RR 3b earlier this week, they had captioning on one tv up front over the pool table.
I know. The guy who installed the TVs over there is the Texas School for the Deaf's former supertiendent's son, Ben. He's very pro-active when it comes to things like that.

Ironic...

hookinreds
09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I guess that's one way to take care of things.

Khari
09-06-2008, 03:43 PM
so ya'll r going to the one in round rock or the one in 6th street?

Kaiser Toro
09-07-2008, 01:46 AM
6th street location.

BigWig
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I'll be at the 6th street location !

rockabilly
09-07-2008, 11:33 AM
man, i bought ribs, fajitas, sausage and beer to watch the game at home....and now I wish I hadn't so I can go down to third base. I didn't think I would be up early enough to make it down!!

Dammit. You guys have fun, i'll make it down soon enough.

axman40
09-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I will be at South Austin hospital , my stepmother has a valve in her heart that collapsed . Hopefully she will recover and can with stand the stress of bypass surgery.

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I'll be watching from my couch. Sorry I had to give into KEYE's power, I don't want to drive downtown plus pay $20 for food there.

I'll miss the "Houston Texans for a first down" chants that 80% of the people there gives. You guys were really fun last year, have fun again this game. :fans:

J-Russ
09-07-2008, 11:42 AM
I will be at South Austin hospital , my stepmother has a valve in her heart that collapsed . Hopefully she will recover and can with stand the stress of bypass surgery.

My condolences, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Kaiser Toro
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM

Sorry to hear that Ax. Take care of you and yours.

Sal Rosenberg
09-07-2008, 12:27 PM

My prayers are with you and your family

Showtime100
09-07-2008, 12:41 PM

My thoughts and prayers.

Texanator
09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
All my best wishes and prayers for you and your Mom Ax!
You didn't miss much. We got hosed by a bunch of refugees from Nawlins, they took the best tables, then we only got 1 sometimes 2 screens to view it. I went by The Saxon Pub after the game and talked to the owner and he told me he does have the NFL ticket now and he WILL be showing the Texans. They are also starting somethin new with food over there. I'll be sending Bigwig a copy of the menu that can be posted as soon as I figure out why my brand new scanner isn't working.

hookinreds
09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
There were a handful of fans at RR 3b, and the game was on about 10 screens or more, with sound. As 3pm got closer Cowgirl fan started to move in. Good service, and nice eye candy.

axman40
09-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers . Hopefully she will
be ready for surgery on Tuesday and I will see y'all at 3rd base next Sunday.
:tiphat:

Blake
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
I really don't think I wanna watch the Texans in a public place after what I saw yesterday. How embarrassing to be a Texans fan this week.

BigWig
09-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I am not going back to 3rd Base, I am going to the Saxon. I will not pay $4 for a beer and $ 9 for a burger only to be told we can have two screens and be stuck in the middle of all the other teams fans.
I poster here before, we can have the Saxon to ourselves, and pay less for drinks, and there is no problem with parking. Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.
Anthony I am sorry to hear that about your mom, I will send some prayers your way and hope to see you soon.
Thansk to Kevin for making the effort to talk with the Saxon, so lest have a good watch party there, I know this next game it will be weaker than this one because its a home game so we will make do but next away game I expext to see y'all there. If any of you want to go to 3rd base have at it. They have lost my business and afew others too I am sure.

Hardcore Texan
09-08-2008, 09:08 AM

As long as the game is on regular TV I will probably stay home, when the games are not I will be at the Pluckers in RR, which we know is going to happen at some point, this week I will be in Houston for the Baltimore game.

*edit - wow this was post 3K and I didn't even realize it.

Khari
09-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.

7 ppl from the boards? ........... um...........k.........there was spec, kt, bigwig, me..........who else was from the boards?

:thinking:

BigWig
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
7 ppl from the boards? ........... um...........k.........there was spec, kt, bigwig, me..........who else was from the boards?

:thinking:

you, me, kt, spec, texinator, dale murphy, barrett
dale and barrett were to you left, fyi.

Mailman
09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Sorry for letting you guys down, but I couldn't make it Sunday because I had to go to brunch with the in-laws. Yay.

barrett
09-10-2008, 04:29 AM
I am not going back to 3rd Base, I am going to the Saxon. I will not pay $4 for a beer and $ 9 for a burger only to be told we can have two screens and be stuck in the middle of all the other teams fans.
I poster here before, we can have the Saxon to ourselves, and pay less for drinks, and there is no problem with parking. Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.
Anthony I am sorry to hear that about your mom, I will send some prayers your way and hope to see you soon.
Thansk to Kevin for making the effort to talk with the Saxon, so lest have a good watch party there, I know this next game it will be weaker than this one because its a home game so we will make do but next away game I expext to see y'all there. If any of you want to go to 3rd base have at it. They have lost my business and afew others too I am sure.

sounds good wig. saxon it is. see you in two weeks.

NitroGSXR
09-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Ummm. I was there too as well as my family.

Captioning couldn't work out once again. Eh. Not really a big surprise.

What a dismissal showing by the members of the board as opposed to last season's opener. There simply weren't any fans out there and those who DID show up left. I stayed until the final tick and on my way out, I watched Favre steal away a win from the Dolphins.

Adios, Third Base.

fredaustex
09-12-2008, 12:33 PM

I mostly just lurk on the board, but I was there as well. Third base was horrible in seating people. First they tried to put us in a room where there was no possible way to watch the game. We moved ourselves to that back room where ya'll were but I ended up having to look straight up at the tv above me to see the game. I'll have to check out Saxon Pub for the next away game.

BigWig
09-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Come on down, we have the place to ourselves. Obviuosly the Ravens game wont be shown or at least not on the big screen because of the live music they have there.

barrett
09-15-2008, 01:50 AM
shit i forgot about night games.. screw it. lets just be cowboy fans.

BigWig
09-15-2008, 08:46 AM
The only night game is the Jax game. I will watch that at home most likely but the others I am going to the Saxon.

barrett
09-16-2008, 04:56 PM
i was just thinking long term. next year when we have 9 prime time games it will be a problem.

none the less, i'm kind of excited about heading over to the saxon. i guess we should start some kind of roll call:

me = 1

Texanator
09-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I have been watching games at The Saxon for 15 years. That's where I met Big Wig actually. I'll be there. If we can ever turn this team around and get a fan base built again we may be able to get the boards and shotguns running again at the Saxon Pub also.
I personally will probably never go back to " The Turd Base " because of exactly what Wig stated.

rollinstone18
09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
I'd come join y'all at the Saxon for a game or two if I could. But the bastards won't let me in.

Texanator
09-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Why are you barred? Most of the night crew never go in on Sundays, so you'd probably not be noticed.

Hookem Horns
09-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Why are you barred? Most of the night crew never go in on Sundays, so you'd probably not be noticed.

Look at his age.

rockabilly
09-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Ill try to start going to Saxon. Its hard to deal with the losses at home alone haha.

BigWig
09-22-2008, 09:30 AM
AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

I would like to answer this " AT HOME"
It looks like no one will show up again just like it has been year in year out.
I quit trying again, I give up I will always support my team but you wont find me organizing any watches ever. Only Kev and myself were there and we even left during the third quater so we could have more fun at out own homes!

Texanator
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Actually there was about 5 minutes left in the 4th Wig, but yea it was a piss poor showing. The bartender parks in back and all you have to do is knock on the door if they are not unlocked yet.

NitroGSXR
11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I need to reconfirm the Saxon pub. I went there two weeks ago and the bar was empty. Boy do I mean EMPTY and DARK. They didn't have Sunday Ticket either.

I went to the Saxon Pub on Lamar. There is a knight out on the street. Somewhere around the 1700 block of Lamar?

Did I go to the right place?

Sal Rosenberg
11-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Rhino's and Jocks?

atxlaurie
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Joe's Bar and Grill on West Ave., between 5th and 6th downtown will be showing the game this weekend(Nov.9). See you there!

Showtime100
11-08-2008, 11:31 PM
We'll be at Plucker's in Round Rock. :texflag: :tiphat:

BigWig
11-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Joe's Bar and Grill on West Ave., between 5th and 6th downtown will be showing the game this weekend(Nov.9). See you there!

Never heard of it but sounds cool, lemmeno!

ziggy29
11-09-2008, 01:00 PM
It's ridiculous. Saint Vincent isn't even playing and KEYE still licks the boots of the Tacks.

atxlaurie
11-10-2008, 12:13 AM
It's ridiculous. Saint Vincent isn't even playing and KEYE still licks the boots of the Tacks.

Sad, but true...and they were probably damn glad they did today.

BigWig
11-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I couldnt' even finish watching this game, it was proabably a good thing I didnt come down, I would have spent oo much money drowning my sorrrows, and then I would have needed a cab ride so I didnt get into more trouble.:gun: