PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker found unconsious and robbed

mariowillshine15
06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3447765

"Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker was found unconscious on a Las Vegas street early Monday morning, the apparent victim of a robbery.

The police report of the incident says that officers responded to a report of a downed man at Winnick Avenue and Koval Lane in Las Vegas at approximately 7:19 a.m. local time.

They found an unconscious male, who was then transported to Sunrise Hospital with "significant injuries." Walker remained hospitalized on Monday night.

Las Vegas television station KTNV confirmed that the Walker listed in the police report was indeed the professional football player.

Walker was released in February by the Denver Broncos after a knee injury cut short his season. He then signed a six-year, $55 million contract with the Raiders, hoping to recapture the magic that made him a Pro Bowler with the Green Bay Packers in 2004 and helped him to 1,084 receiving yards for Denver in 2006."

As Dave Chapelle would say welcome to Oakland B**** lol

GuerillaBlack
06-16-2008, 11:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3447765

"Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker was found unconscious on a Las Vegas street early Monday morning, the apparent victim of a robbery.

The police report of the incident says that officers responded to a report of a downed man at Winnick Avenue and Koval Lane in Las Vegas at approximately 7:19 a.m. local time.

They found an unconscious male, who was then transported to Sunrise Hospital with "significant injuries." Walker remained hospitalized on Monday night.

Las Vegas television station KTNV confirmed that the Walker listed in the police report was indeed the professional football player.

Walker was released in February by the Denver Broncos after a knee injury cut short his season. He then signed a six-year, $55 million contract with the Raiders, hoping to recapture the magic that made him a Pro Bowler with the Green Bay Packers in 2004 and helped him to 1,084 receiving yards for Denver in 2006."

As Dave Chapelle would say welcome to Oakland B**** lol

Too bad he wasn't in Oakland.

Glad he is okay.

TexansLucky13
06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I hope he is okay, and for his sake, I hope he wasn't carrying his signing bonus on his person when he got robbed.

DiehardChris
06-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Uh, whoa. That's scary. I've dogged the Raiders mercilessly for signing him, but that's just frightening.

texasguy346
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Wow just horrible stuff. Hopefully he'll be alright. It wasn't that long ago that Walker held Darrent Williams in his arms as he died after being shot.

Fox
06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
It's been a rough, rough stretch for that guy. Hope he's ok.

SOLIS
06-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Wow. That's tough - I take no joy in his misfortune. I hope he finds himself in good health for the upcoming season.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Goes to show what hookers, booze and Vegas can do to you if not careful. In all seriousness, I wish him the best.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
In the immortal words of Puff Diddy Honey Combs - mo money mo problems. Dang, this guy has had waaay too many brushes with death. He must feel cursed. At least he's still alive.

Mr teX
06-17-2008, 08:43 AM
What the hell was he doing out in Las Vegas @ 7:19 in the morning? GO HOME!!!!!!!!

cuppacoffee
06-17-2008, 09:24 AM
What the hell was he doing out in Las Vegas @ 7:19 in the morning? GO HOME!!!!!!!!

Vegas is a 24 hour a day town. Action never stops.

I am not familiar with Vegas or what part of town he was in.

Main drag or shady district?..idonno:

Walker was probably doing what lots of people do, go to Vegas to have a good time. He can afford it.

It appears that he's a victim here, not a perpetrator like so many other players we read about.

:coffee:

The Dream
06-17-2008, 09:35 AM
It was the packers.............they wanted their money back..................

Mr teX
06-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Walker was probably doing what lots of people do, go to Vegas to have a good time. He can afford it.

It appears that he's a victim here, not a perpetrator like so many other players we read about.

All of what you say is true..... but you're just asking for it as a recognizable professional athlete if you're out & about in a city like that, that early in the morning i'm guessing by himself. Criminals these days don't care anymore, Just ask Dunta, whom i'm sure you remember had a not-so little incident last year..... & that was at his home.

JWarren14
06-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Pacman was reported leaving the scene....but aside from the cowgirl joke I am glad he will be ok.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 10:08 AM
All of what you say is true..... but you're just asking for it as a recognizable professional athlete if you're out & about in a city like that, that early in the morning i'm guessing by himself. Criminals these days don't care anymore, Just ask Dunta, whom i'm sure you remember had a not-so little incident last year..... & that was at his home.

Ask Mario Ellie too.. IIRC he got car-jacked at / around 59 and Chimney Rock.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Pacman was reported leaving the scene....but aside from the cowgirl joke I am glad he will be ok.

He just spotted leaving a pawn shop where he was selling Javon's bling. He said "I'll take all of it in ones."

JWarren14
06-17-2008, 10:12 AM
He just spotted leaving a pawn shop where he was selling Javon's bling. He said "I'll take all of it in ones."

He hopped in the passenger door of Marshawn Lynch's car

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 10:14 AM
He hopped in the passenger door of Marshawn Lynch's car

With Randy Moss driving? That's when they hit the parking meter attendant and drug her for several feet....

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 10:28 AM
With Randy Moss driving? That's when they hit the parking meter attendant and drug her for several feet....

"Did you say drugs" asked Nate Newton from the backseat.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Maybe he was going to breakfast buffet after his morning jog?

I'll tell you what - If I'm ever in Vegas that round time telling device on my wrist is the last thing I'm looking at.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 10:32 AM

While looking for Michael Irving?

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 10:38 AM

"I've got cocaine rigged up in this inhaler" replied 'Hollywood' Henderson.

Hardcore Texan
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM
You wouldn't think he would be out on the street in the early morning, but instead in some plush hotel room, or in a nice VIP poker room.

I have actually traveled the Las Vegas public busses at 3 AM before, and it is not exactly the friendliest environment.

Hardcore Texan
06-17-2008, 10:43 AM

"Wait 'til you see what I came up with to hide my smoke" remarked Ron Mexico.

Hervoyel
06-17-2008, 10:53 AM

"I'll bet you a bottle of Johnny Walker Red Label that doesn't work" said Art Schlichter.

"You got a bet! replied Kerry Collins.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 10:58 AM
"Hey Ron Mexico, are those drug sniffing dogs you are whacking. I hope so." wondered Bam Morris. "Maybe we should all just catch a show, I hear Emmitt is performing as the Lord of the Dance at the Bellagio and he looks fabulous" screeched Troy Aikman.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
"Smoke? Did y'all say smoke? I'll get one of my boys to smoke'r her for ya" Rae Carruth cried out....

TEXANS84
06-17-2008, 11:32 AM

According to profootballtalk.com, he bought 15 bottles of Dom to spray into the crowd, seen here below.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/javonmakesitrain.JPG

Errant Hothy
06-17-2008, 11:33 AM
"Be a man do it yourself," OJ told the young man.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Al Cowlings chimed in "Afterwards, I'll drive the getaway car"

JWarren14
06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
According to credible sources VY paid Javon to spray him and his "crew":
http://blogxilla.com/tmp/Vince%202%20bx.jpg

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 11:41 AM
According to credible sources VY paid Javon to spray him and his "crew":
http://blogxilla.com/tmp/Vince%202%20bx.jpg

They were all celebrating a recent ruling by the California courts.

NitroGSXR
06-17-2008, 11:44 AM

I used to live in Las Vegas for over three and a half years. I worked at the Flamingo Hilton and travelled up and down Koval to avoid the traffic on Las Vegas Blvd. I actually know the area very well.

If I remember correctly, Koval Lane begins where the Wynn golf course is located at. Winnick I'm not sure exactly where it is but I would think it's closer to the Imperial Palace more than any other hotel. Behind the Imperial Palace to be exact.

I know for certain that there is a nightclub right there. Somewhere right by that restaurant called 'Alan Alberts' or similar (My memory is a bit hazy but I think I've got it right). I do not know the name of the club but it was a dance club and they're open until seven AM. I used to go to that club every so often. Maybe he was leaving there? Don't know. Pure speculation but there WAS a club there. No doubt about that.

Of course, this was back in 2001 so the club may not be there anymore or the scenery may have changed significantly since then.

The Koval Lane area is actually not as shady as 'Naked City' which is what us Las Vegans used to call the area around the Stratosphere but it IS known for robberies. There's a lot of criminal element lurking around looking for the rich people walking around. Remember, this is very near the Venetian and the Bellagio, two of Las Vegas most luxurious hotels. There's plenty of targets for the criminal element to justify hanging around the area. It's not on the strip so the police aren't necessarily around in great force on Koval Lane like they are on the strip (Las Vegas Blvd).

It's not so much a shady area but just a lack of security around there more than anything else.

7am? If you're sleeping at 7am in Las Vegas, you're crazy. Everyday me and my ex would go to Arizona Charlies and indulge in their 77 cent breakfast special before 7am. People say that New York is the city that never sleeps? I scoff at that notion after living in Las Vegas.

I miss Las Vegas terribly but they don't have the Houston Texans.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
They were all celebrating a recent ruling by the California courts.

"All y'all can hang together. Get your swerv on, whatever, ya know. I'm gonna round me up some b***es, have my way with them and keep them against their will" Cornelius Bennett replied hastily..

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 11:57 AM
"All y'all can hang together. Get your swerv on, whatever, ya know. I'm gonna round me up some b***es, have my way with them and keep them against their will" Cornelius Bennett replied hastily..

"I'm way ahead of you Corny", said Kobe. "I hope there is an expensive diamond I can buy for my dumb wife to shut her trap after we get busted".

ChampionTexan
06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I know for certain that there is a nightclub right there. Somewhere right by that restaurant called 'Alan Alberts' or similar (My memory is a bit hazy but I think I've got it right). I do not know the name of the club but it was a dance club and they're open until seven AM. I used to go to that club every so often. Maybe he was leaving there? Don't know. Pure speculation but there WAS a club there. No doubt about that.

Walker was reportedly at Drai's After Hours (which is on the corner of Flamingo and Las Vegas Blvd.). This may be the club you're talking about.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
"I'm way ahead of you Corny", said Kobe. "I hope there is an expensive diamond I can buy for my dumb wife to shut her trap after we get busted".

To which Dexter Manly replied, "I'll take you to see my boyz in H-town, Paul Wall and Johnny Dang".

PapaL
06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
To which Dexter Manly replied, "I'll take you to see my boyz in H-town, Paul Wall and Johnny Dang".

"I'll drive" said Leonard Little. "Just hold this fifth for me."

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM

"B-iatch!! You caint read you dummy. I bet you caint even get a 6 on the wunderlich" yelled VY.
"you can barely count to 6" replied Dexter.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
"I'll drive" said Leonard Little. "Just hold this fifth for me."

"Be careful!" stated the ghostly voice of Derrick Thomas.

NitroGSXR
06-17-2008, 12:47 PM
"Be careful!" stated the ghostly voice of Derrick Thomas.
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thread killer.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 12:48 PM
"Man, y'all are a bunch of thugs and hoodlums" Sean Jones interupted. "Y'all need to get into mortgage loans".

Hervoyel
06-17-2008, 12:49 PM

"Hold on a second! We just got the greatest idea EVER! Lets rent a boat!" said the 2005 Minnesota Vikings.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 12:50 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thread killer.

And Leonard Little killing someone else is better???

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
"Hold on a second! We just got the greatest idea EVER! Lets rent a boat!" said the 2005 Minnesota Vikings.

"Can I party on that boat?" asked Cedric Benson

PapaL
06-17-2008, 12:52 PM

"I'z bring da girls" yelled Chris Henry.

NitroGSXR
06-17-2008, 12:52 PM
And I'll keep the cops distracted as a bonus! added Benson.

Hervoyel
06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
"Come on Cedric, it'll be a blast. I'll drive" replied Dan Pastorini

(May be a little before some of you guys time and probably not in the best of taste but well, there it was.)

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
"I think you're gonna need a bigger boat" Brody suggested.

NitroGSXR
06-17-2008, 12:54 PM
And Leonard Little killing someone else is better???
Leonard Little is no Derrick Thomas.

I didn't quite catch that reference until you pointed it out though but still... it's Derrick Thomas here. I loved Derrick Thomas.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 12:55 PM
"With so many gays, I mean guys - this should be a hoot" clammered Brady Quinn.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Leonard Little is no Derrick Thomas.

I didn't quite catch that reference until you pointed it out though but still... it's Derrick Thomas here. I loved Derrick Thomas.

Are you going net nanny now?

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
"I'z bring da girls" yelled Chris Henry.

"I'll be the DJ!" yelled Mike Vick. "I have The Baja Men live at Budakahn playing Who Let the Dogs Out".

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
"I'll be the DJ!" yelled Mike Vick. "I have The Baja Men live at Budakahn playing Who Let the Dogs Out".

"Who let the dogs out?........ I did!" answered Jerome Mathis

NitroGSXR
06-17-2008, 01:13 PM
"Who let the dogs out?........ I did!" answered Jerome Mathis
Up for a dog challenge? I got a secret place that can't be tied to me. blurted Michael Vick.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Up for a dog challenge? I got a secret place that can't be tied to me. blurted Michael Vick.

"It ain't a secret no mo", whispered his possee which sold him out.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 01:18 PM
"It ain't a secret no mo", whispered his possee which sold him out.

"Posse? Posse? I don't need no MF'ing Posse" blurted Odell Thurman.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
"Yeah, who needs a posse when I got gunz b***chez?" thought Tank Johnson.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 01:21 PM
"All I need is a knife" said....Ray Lewis

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 01:23 PM
"All I need is a knife" said....Ray Lewis

Having walked back into the conversation, Rae Carruth blurts out "Y'all a bunch of amateurs... You hire someone to do that s**t!!"

NitroGSXR
06-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm looking for a new chauffuer, Mike! Send 'em my way and I'll take real good care of 'em! chimed in Jayson Williams.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Having walked back into the conversation, Rae Carruth blurts out "Y'all a bunch of amateurs... You hire someone to do that s**t!!"

Yeah? You arrogant young punks, some of us are on a pension! bellowed O.J.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah? You arrogant young punks, some of us are on a pension! bellowed O.J.

"Shut OJ!!!! I told you if you give me $250,000.00, I could invest that s**t in some bulls**t mortgage loans!!" Sean Jones retorted.

JWarren14
06-17-2008, 02:22 PM
"Anybody want to smoke a joint with me?" Ricky Williams asked

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 02:31 PM

"I read somewhere that mariguana is a pathway drug that leads to harder drugs" chimed in Lawrence Taylor as he did a line of coke off the chest of Michael Irvin.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 02:34 PM

"I can sell you some" Nate Newton replied.

"I read somewhere that mariguana is a pathway drug that leads to harder drugs" chimed in Lawrence Taylor as he did a line of coke off the chest of Michael Irvin.

"I'd rather cook that s**t up and smoke it" Dexter Manly stated as he choked from the inhaled smoke.

Errant Hothy
06-17-2008, 02:42 PM
"Can you all please shut up, I'm trying to take a nap," grumbled Tony LaRussa.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
"Can you all please shut up, I'm trying to take a nap," grumbled Tony LaRussa.

"I read somewhere that blow will help you stay awake and alert, but you might fail a pee test once or seven times" said Steve Howe

HOU-TEX
06-17-2008, 02:50 PM
"All this talk of alcohol is making me want to drink and drive.....Eh, I'll beat the **** outta the wife instead," complained Warren Moon

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
"All this talk of alcohol is making me want to drink and drive.....Eh, I'll beat the **** outta the wife instead," complained Warren Moon

"You know what a thousand battered women have in common?? They don't know when the hell to shut up!!" Stone Cold Steve Austin chuckled...

StarStruck
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
7am? If you're sleeping at 7am in Las Vegas, you're crazy. Everyday me and my ex would go to Arizona Charlies and indulge in their 77 cent breakfast special before 7am. People say that New York is the city that never sleeps? I scoff at that notion after living in Las Vegas.

I miss Las Vegas terribly but they don't have the Houston Texans.

It never occurred to me that someone would expect a curfew in Las Vegas. I always allow 3 or 4 days after returning for R&R, rather to catch up on sleep.

I've done the bus ride back to the strip from Freemont Street, still up playing poker, and rarely back to the room by 7:00.

I didn't read through all of the reports, but was anything said about approximately how long Walker had been there when found? It is truly sad that there are people out and waiting for an opportunity to injure and kill someone in their efforts to steal.
I wish the young man a speedy recovery with no lasting affects from the assault and battery.

PapaL
06-17-2008, 05:40 PM
"There guys must be nuts" thought Jamal Lewis as he sat in prison. "If only I had my cell".

Errant Hothy
06-17-2008, 06:56 PM
"These guys got no common sense," Mike Tyson told the media at a hastily called press conference.

Heath Shuler
06-18-2008, 08:35 AM
According to this he claims he was abducted from his hotel room. $3000 in cash, $100,000 in jewelry, continuing to drench people with champagne; sounds like a real bright guy.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/20282799.html

http://media.lvrj.com/images/2780533.jpg

GlassHalfFull
06-18-2008, 08:43 AM
According to this he claims he was abducted from his hotel room. $3000 in cash, $100,000 in jewelry, continuing to drench people with champagne; sounds like a real bright guy.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/20282799.html

http://media.lvrj.com/images/2780533.jpg

In reading the story, a couple of things just bugged me.

First of all, if you are going to spray champagne, why the hell are you using the expensive stuf. Dom Perignon goes for over $100 a bottle in a store, no telling what it goes for in a club. What a waste. :glasshalffull:

edit: I just found a price online for Dom Perignon Rose for $455 a bottle!!!

Second, did he not learn anything when his teammate died in his arms over just such an incident. Wow, I hate to get down on someone who has been the victim of a crime. But, just WOW. :headhurts:

And props to all of you who kept me entertained yesterday with the ongoing conversation. Keep up the good work. :thisbig:

chicagotexan2
06-18-2008, 09:32 AM
First of all, if you are going to spray champagne, why the hell are you using the expensive stuf. Dom Perignon goes for over $100 a bottle in a store, no telling what it goes for in a club. What a waste. :glasshalffull:

:thisbig:

"Yeah you DUMMY! When make it rain I only use Cham-pipple (Champaign & Ripple)." said the late great Redd Fox from Sanford & Son.

Hervoyel
06-18-2008, 09:34 AM
The more I read about this story the less "sympathetic" he gets. No, of course nobody deserves to be beaten and robbed but you expect to see a certain amount of basic "survival instinct" out of people and some nominal degree of common sense. You particularly expect to see it out of someone who has gone through a reality check like Javon Walker did when he got to hold a dying teammate in his arms following a drive-by shooting. That he's just plain stupid enough to make himself that big a target is mind boggling. For the record "stupid" is exactly the word I was looking for. You don't call it "immature" anymore when you're speaking of a 30 year old man. Vince Young might be immature. Javon Walker is stupid.

Hervoyel
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
"Yeah you DUMMY! When make it rain I only use Cham-pipple (Champaign & Ripple)." said the late great Redd Fox from Sanford & Son.

"I was gonna mix up a batch of "Cham-pipple" to spray on the crowd with Javon but I can't raise my arms up over my head. My nipples are sore" said David Boston.

PapaL
06-18-2008, 09:42 AM

"Make it Rain?" thought Mario Williams as he hopped into his Lamborghini "I can make it rain."

Heath Shuler
06-18-2008, 09:44 AM
In reading the story, a couple of things just bugged me.

Second, did he not learn anything when his teammate died in his arms over just such an incident. Wow, I hate to get down on someone who has been the victim of a crime. But, just WOW. :headhurts:

And props to all of you who kept me entertained yesterday with the ongoing conversation. Keep up the good work. :thisbig:

Exactly. If someone dying in your arms doesnít make you reconsider your actions, I donít know what will.

chicagotexan2
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
"Make it Rain?" thought Mario Williams as he hopped into his Lamborghini "I can make it rain."

"Hey Mario I heard Lamboghinis have really good airbag systems when you wreck, but that's just what someone told me. I've never really experienced anything like that myself." added Lance Briggs.

Texan_Bill
06-18-2008, 10:53 AM
"Hey Mario I heard Lamboghinis have really good airbag systems when you wreck, but that's just what someone told me. I've never really experienced anything like that myself." added Lance Briggs.

"I don't know about them Lamboghinis, but that damn Ferrari Enzo crashes hard as sh*t, man!!" exclaimed comedian Eddie Griffin..

Errant Hothy
06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Looks like Walker might have made the whole thing up:
http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8521331

Now, for the first time, Bellagio reps are speaking out about the incident. News 3's Katherine Whaley explains they're not the only ones who have doubts about those online reports.

n a statement to News 3, a spokesperson for MGM-Mirage, which owns Bellagio, says this:

The facts that have been reported regarding the incident involving Javon Walker are incorrect. I am unable to provide further detail out of respect for the Metro investigation which is currently underway.

About 2,000 surveillance cameras capture round-the clock views inside and outside of the hotel. And the Bellagio is working with Metro on the investigation.

While the details of exactly what happened in the hours leading up to the assault remain sketchy, we do know Javon Walker was attacked and whoever is responsible is still out there.

cuppacoffee
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Looks like Walker might have made the whole thing up:
http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8521331

"Las Vegas police say they've made an arrest in the robbery and beating case involving NFL player Javon Walker.

Lt. Clint Nichols says one man was charged Tuesday with multiple felonies including kidnapping and robbery and police are looking for a second suspect.

He says Walker got into a vehicle with the two men early June 16 before he was found beaten and unconscious on a side street near the Las Vegas Strip.

Walker told police $3,000 in cash and about $100,000 in jewelry were taken."

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/police-make-arrest-in-walker-case/20080624152209990001