PDA

View Full Version : Texans on NFLN Total Access Tonight - 6 PM

Shaft75
06-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Just giving the heads up.

:texflag:

Texan_Bill
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Much appreciated............ esepecially coming from the guy that had disappeared...

GuerillaBlack
06-16-2008, 10:33 AM
DVR...record.

Thorn
06-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Cool, thanks!

I just got this channel a few weeks ago and out of sheer boredom and lack of anything else on TV to watch, I've been catching some of the (repeated) games. I like the way they format them, cutting out all the extra stuff between plays, just showing the actual playes themselves and interviews with players and coaches about the game in an insert.

Shaft75
06-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Much appreciated............ esepecially coming from the guy that had disappeared...

It's called work Bill! How you been man?

Texan_Bill
06-16-2008, 10:39 AM

Just 'working' :spy:

Glad to see you back!! We need to make funny of people down in your end zone!!! :specnatz:

GuerillaBlack
06-16-2008, 11:07 AM

Glad to see you back!! We need to make funny of people down in your end zone!!! :specnatz:

You have a crapload of posts. I never noticed until now ;).

Specnatz
06-16-2008, 11:27 AM

You have a crapload of posts. I never noticed until now ;).

Bill gets paid to post :twocents: here.

Shaft75
06-16-2008, 11:27 AM

Are you talking about the endzone in the shade?!?!?! The end zone with all of the great pictures that get shown to all my friends?

This endzone.......?

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Season/2007-12-30-Jaguars-Texans/2ndQuarter/DSC_0321.JPG

El Tejano
06-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Let's see if I can predict what will be said.

Texans screwed up in the draft by selecting Brown in 1st round.

Mario improving but young defense still needs about a year to improve.

Mclain looking pretty huge on screen.

Everybody saying we will still finish last in our division.

Ckw
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Could someone please let me know when they show the NFL Replay of the Denver game? :tiphat:

The Pencil Neck
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Could someone please let me know when they show the NFL Replay of the Denver game? :tiphat:

IF they're going to do it, it should be this week. They might not replay it because it was too much of a blow out. I don't remember if they replayed it during the season.

HOU-TEX
06-16-2008, 01:15 PM

If it wasn't an NFL Replay game during the season it will not be replayed now.

eriadoc
06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Let's see if I can predict what will be said.

Texans screwed up in the draft by selecting Brown in 1st round.

Mario improving but young defense still needs about a year to improve.

Mclain looking pretty huge on screen.

Everybody saying we will still finish last in our division.

If it were ESPN, I'd agree with you. But the NFLN has generally refrained from piling on too much over the years.

Texan_Bill
06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Are you talking about the endzone in the shade?!?!?! The end zone with all of the great pictures that get shown to all my friends?

This endzone.......?

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Season/2007-12-30-Jaguars-Texans/2ndQuarter/DSC_0321.JPG

Much better than the usual pics!!!

Usual SEZ: :zzz:

barrett
06-16-2008, 02:59 PM
was that Domonic Davis/Williams that they showed in the promo? huh?!

HOU-TEX
06-16-2008, 03:02 PM
was that Domonic Davis/Williams that they showed in the promo? huh?!

Without seeing it, I'll assume it was Darius Walker.

barrett
06-16-2008, 03:25 PM
i couldn't really see his face. i hope you're right.

ObsiWan
06-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Is it me or does Fran Charles look like a elf?

GuerillaBlack
06-16-2008, 06:28 PM
DVR for the win. I'll watch it after my late-night endeavors tonight :).

I don't know what endeavors means, but I heard it on a Mariah Carey song I think.

76Texan
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
It's called work Bill! How you been man?It has been what? 'Bout a year?
:smiliedance:

ObsiWan
06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Kinda underwhelming.
I will give Jamie Dukes props for man-ing up and admitting he was wrong about us because he thought we'd suck

And don't they usually use the top ten segment for team highlights??

New_Texans
06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
honestly, what could they show to us that we can't get from HoustonTexans.com?

Its always the same rhetoric during the off-season.

Drew_Smoke
06-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Did anyone else catch the NFL commercial that featured all Texans? It was in the last 10 or 15 mins or so.

They even showed a close up of Texans Chick (sho looked like her) dancing in the crowd. I kept playing it back in slo mo til my wife got mad.

Thorn
06-16-2008, 07:20 PM
It was.........underwhelming. :yawn:

GuerillaBlack
06-16-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm not complaining. It was okay. They didn't really get in depth on anything, or our draft picks this year.

ATXtexanfan
06-16-2008, 07:58 PM
ever since i found this board i've been underwhelmed by all national coverage, CREDIT to all contributors of this board. i don't post a lot but i slide into here everyday. lots of info and you guys crack me up!

aj.
06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
A couple of thoughts:

1) I really didn't expect much from this feature - they really can't tell us anything we don't know - although I was curious about their focus and how the story would be portrayed/communicated for the benefit of NFL fans across the rest of the country.

2) Some of the reaction here and on other boards reminds me of a couple of other eras in Houston NFL history when after several years of crap teams, fans became excited just to hear the national media (any national media) talk about our team in a positive and meaningful way. Let's just hope the win trend continues upward, in which case these little vignettes will become even more of an afterthought for Texans fans.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
The best part for me from that show was the top 10 playoff performances. We usually remember the Oilers upsetting the Chargers because both Earl and Dante' Pastorini were out injured. But we forget sometimes was Vernon Perry's four interceptions that made it possible...

Other than that, the show was okay. Nice. Not thrilling but nice....

Shaft75
06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
It has been what? 'Bout a year?
:smiliedance:

I've posted a couple of times on here, but yeah I just don't get on all of the time. Looks like you and Bill are still rolling along though.

HOU-TEX
06-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Big JD's comments about the Texans only winning 1 or 2 games last year kind of caught me by surprise.

It was a bit contradictory to what I remember him saying. I don't actually remember a prediction, but I do remember he was a huge Schaub fan. He pimped Schaub quite a bit before last season, yet he thought we'd only win a couple games?

Kinda odd, but....meh. :chickendance:

Shaft75
06-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I liked how Dukes mentioned the injury situation on the show. And, I know, injuries happen to every team. BUT, the whole team battled through them and still put up a franchise record 8 wins.

That says something about how strong the nucleus of the team has become and I would think it says something about coaching.

Great to see a national media guy picked up on that.

Shaft75
06-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Big JD's comments about the Texans only winning 1 or 2 games last year kind of caught me by surprise.

It was a bit contradictory to what I remember him saying. I don't actually remember a prediction, but I do remember he was a huge Schaub fan. He pimped Schaub quite a bit before last season, yet he thought we'd only win a couple games?

Nah man, he meant when AJ and Schaub went down. He was surprised we pulled through the injury bug.

76Texan
06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
I've posted a couple of times on here, but yeah I just don't get on all of the time. Looks like you and Bill are still rolling along though.

Bill simply explodes. I think he came of age, LOL!

Yeah, I'm sure many people thought we'd lose to the Bucs and the Broncos (even though Denver also had some injuries, there weren't as many as us.)

mexican_texan
06-17-2008, 07:32 PM
It was.........underwhelming. :yawn:
I was whelmed.

Texans_Chick
06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Did anyone else catch the NFL commercial that featured all Texans? It was in the last 10 or 15 mins or so.

They even showed a close up of Texans Chick (sho looked like her) dancing in the crowd. I kept playing it back in slo mo til my wife got mad.

You are trying to frighten me.

I believe I may have done my unintentional Elaine Benes dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xi4O1yi6b0) during the 4th quarter of the Titans game before the very end (I even hugged our usher) and during the Denver game when I got to see some defense.

Sometimes, you just have to dance.

I will keep an eye out for it. They so rarely show the Texans in any promos on NFL Network.

barrett
06-18-2008, 11:47 AM
if i'm not mistaken it is the "RIGHT NOW" promo that is at the end of all the HT.com videos with Kubiak's dialog removed.

TexanBacker93
06-19-2008, 08:18 AM
if i'm not mistaken it is the "RIGHT NOW" promo that is at the end of all the HT.com videos with Kubiak's dialog removed.

It is, but it is quite a bit longer.

I don't remember what Jamie Dukes prediction was at the beginning of last season. We had already won one game and were on the verge of winning #2 when AJ went out. Schaub wasn't hurt yet, so I doubt he would have thought we wouldn't win another game all year after that.

Vinny
06-19-2008, 08:26 AM

I like Dukes but he slammed the Texans for passing on Reggie Bush and based his two win season on that...I don't mind guys giving opinion that I don't like to hear so I won't vilify him. Those guys are paid to give opinion....and to the best of my knowledge none of them are soothsayers. I thought it was good to see him own up to Mario being worth his pick finally. I think he has new eyes for the Texans.

GuerillaBlack
06-19-2008, 08:28 AM
You are trying to frighten me.

I believe I may have done my unintentional Elaine Benes dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xi4O1yi6b0) during the 4th quarter of the Titans game before the very end (I even hugged our usher) and during the Denver game when I got to see some defense.

Sometimes, you just have to dance.

I will keep an eye out for it. They so rarely show the Texans in any promos on NFL Network.

What is she doing?

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/normal_picard-no-facepalm.jpg