PDA

View Full Version : Are LTs and DEs the new WR?

The1ApplePie
06-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Not sure if this goes here or in the draft section.

It seems to me that left tacke and D End are the new most overhyped positions in the draft. They can be the difference between winning and losing championships (see Giants DEs vs Pats OTs) but at some point, the positions become overvalued.

A few years ago the "Game Breaking" WR was the must have. It got to the point where players that had no right going in the first round (or 2nd or 3rd for that matter) were flying off the board in the top-10. RJ Soward?

Of course many teams benefited by having great players in less valued positions fall to them. When does it get to the point of a tons of busts vs a ton of steals?

kiwitexansfan
06-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't think this is the case at all, I am of the view that LT and DE are worth taking a shot at because they are more important to the success/failure of a team than a WR.

I think the trend reflects the growing consensus that is best to build from the inside out, a trend that I think is shown to work and grow winners.

Goldensilence
06-12-2008, 02:00 AM
I think it's more ebb and flow of the game and interpretation of positional value.

They might be getting more attention now but when it has always come down to it...protect the QB and get to the QB. Nothing new.

PapaL
06-12-2008, 05:58 AM
IMO - It's easier to find a serviceable WR than it is to find a serviceable LT/DE.

MojoMan
06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
LT's & QB's on offense.
DE's and CB's on defense.