PDA

View Full Version : Bentley passes physical, and then released.

J-Russ
06-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Browns released OL LeCharles Bentley.
Bentley asked for his release and he got it. "LeCharles doesn't want to be an insurance policy," said Bentley's agent. "He's going to play somewhere in 2008." An odd move for one of the biggest free agent busts of the decade. Bentley has barely seen the field in two years, but practiced Tuesday after passing a team physical. We doubt the former Pro Bowler will find a starting job and his health is a huge question mark.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1081

HOU-TEX
06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Here comes the infamous "Should the Texans................................:gun:

AnthonyE
06-11-2008, 01:37 PM
C'mon Rick! Sign us another one! :thisbig:

The1ApplePie
06-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Before his injury Bentley was the best center in the NFL bar none. With a small contract, I'd take the risk.

HoustonFrog
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Before his injury Bentley was the best center in the NFL bar none. With a small contract, I'd take the risk.

He was too expensive but I wanted him when he signed with the Browns. I don't want him now though unless it came on the cheap and that won't happen I'm sure. I just don't see it happening.

TexanAddict
06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
I was pounding the drum for Bentley back when he was a FA, but no I would have some reservations...Boselli-esque reservations.

PapaL
06-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Per the above link:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports free agent OL LeCharles Bentley would prefer to play guard for his next team.
It's surprising Bentley is already being choosy. He's coming off a bunch of knee surgeries and was apparently timed in the 7s when the Browns asked him to run forties for his physical. He should be willing to play wherever.

A slow Guard coming off knee surgeries? Not exactly our goal.

Blake
06-12-2008, 12:23 PM
We are set up front. I dont think the players would respond well to him being signed and also think that he expects to be given a starter spot before he signs.

Not gonna happen.