PDA

View Full Version : The Snake Stabler in trouble Again

HoustonFrog
06-09-2008, 12:13 PM
3rd DUI

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3433432

ROBERTSDALE, Ala. -- Police in Robertsdale say former NFL football star and Crimson Tide broadcaster Kenny Stabler was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Police said the Foley, Ala., native was pulled over for a traffic violation on Alabama 59 and charged with DUI.

Stabler, according to authorities, was taken into custody early Sunday at about 1 a.m.

Robertsdale assistant police chief Brian Middleton said Stabler posted $1,000 bond and was released from jail.

Stabler, who played quarterback for the Oakland Raiders from 1970-79, the Houston Oilers from 1980-81 and New Orleans Saints from 1982-84, has two previous DUI charges, stemming from arrests in 2001 and 1995.

Texan_Bill
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Maybe he can 'snake' his way out of it.... :jogger:

Seriously... First time - mistake. Second time - trend; jail time should be required. Third time - repeat offender; should be locked up for a long while.

HoustonFrog
06-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Maybe he can 'snake' his way out of it.... :jogger:

Seriously... First time - mistake. Second time - trend; jail time should be required. Third time - repeat offender; should be locked up for a long while.

That is how I look at it. I mean the 4th time usually involves someone dying or something bad happening. After the 1st it is time to live and learn.

SheTexan
06-09-2008, 07:10 PM
The first one was 13 yrs ago, the second one 7. He'll get off.

Fond memories of Kenny's club that was out on the Gulf Freeway back then. Think it was called DIAMONDBACK!! Big place, nice dance floor, great music, STRONG drinks!! Those were the good old days!!:)

Double Barrel
06-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Kenny Stabler = :loser

Seriously, THREE DUIs?!

I've got fond memories of The Snake from my childhood Oilers days, but those memories do not overcome the simple fact that three DUIs is the sign pointing towards Loserville.

PapaL
06-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Kenny "The Drank" Stabler

Drank Tide, Drank!

Vinny
06-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I sold Stabler gas at the Sigmor on hwy 3 in Webster on many occasions back when I had a PT job while going to HS...he had a massive black and silver 4wd and always drove around with this collossal 350 pound biker looking guy. Stabler was bigger than he seemed on TV....and probably drunk every time I saw him.