PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the AFC South: Offensive Lines

b0ng
06-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Same as the QB discussion, vote for the best offensive line unit in the AFC South. This is quite a bit tougher for me, and I think that Jacksonville has always had at least a decent line.

And yes, I realize we have Alex Gibbs, but I'm only rating the players. I think right now the Texans have to prove they have a good line before we all assume it.

Anyways, vote on!

EDIT: The only position i'm not sure about is the Colts RG

b0ng
06-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I hate replying to my own thread, but why do some of you feel that the Texans have the best offensive line?

Lucky
06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Most of these lines are better than the sum of their individual parts. Since the the Jags are the only line that returns intact (Maurice Williams is at RG), and they ran the ball so effectively, I give the edge to Jacksonville.

Double Barrel
06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm going with the Colts. Manning is like a statue back there, and they've done a pretty good job of keeping him upright for the most part. And they've consistently had a great running game for many years, so they get my vote out of respect for the powerhouse that they've become.

ChampionTexan
06-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I hate replying to my own thread, but why do some of you feel that the Texans have the best offensive line?

Maybe it's because ours has seven guys and everyone else just has five. :whip:

GuerillaBlack
06-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Colts. Peyton Manning stays upright. Texans in second though.

Brando
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Sometimes the QB play can make the OL look good/bad.

Example......

Manning = makes his OL look better
Carr = makes his OL look worse than it really is.

GuerillaBlack
06-09-2008, 04:31 PM

Example......

True. With essential the same OL (I think the exact same OL), without Carr, we were able to cut our sacks in half. Beautiful.

b0ng
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Example......

That's what I think. I think the Colts line is not above the Jags just because they don't get all of the running yards that the Jags do. Manning does one hell of a job keeping his jersey clean on his own, with his quick release and almost pinpoint accuracy, it's hard to make him look bad no matter how mediocre his line is.

kiwitexansfan
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I think all 4 teams are putting out good lines at the moment, part of why the AFC South is such a strong division.

I think that at this stage our OLine is about to take the leap into the upper echelon, they laid a good platform last year in the passing game and expect the run game to get there this year.

I went with the Colts.

Giant Tiger
06-10-2008, 12:40 AM
I think all 4 teams are putting out good lines at the moment, part of why the AFC South is such a strong division.

I think that at this stage our OLine is about to take the leap into the upper echelon, they laid a good platform last year in the passing game and expect the run game to get there this year.

I went with the Colts.

I agree with you about our OL. :cool: But I went with Jacksonville.:)

Goldensilence
06-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Colts.

They just restocked the interior on the line and are set at LT for a while. Last year they what go to their third option at LT and still do well. Manning is great but they do a good job as a unit and they open up great holes for Addai.

Texans are vastly improved but these guys are going to need sometimes to gel considering we are looking at a new center, possibly a new RG and Brown will be inserted into the starting lineup this year.

AnthonyE
06-10-2008, 03:08 AM

Because I'm a homer. :)