PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the AFC South : QB's

b0ng
06-07-2008, 11:34 AM
This is a completely stolen idea from the GoTitans messageboards (I'm not posting the link, I'm sure you can find it elsewhere), but I am interested in seeing what we think of the rest of the AFC South as well as us. I want to do all of the units that will be on the field at any point, and I want to have a few days between each poll. I believe this will be a landslide by Manning, but I'll be interested in seeing if anybody disagree's and thinks Peyton might decline next season. Anyways here goes:

What QB in the AFC South do you consider the best?

brakos82
06-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I think PM will decline, but I don't see anybody else catching up to him this year. By 2009, either Schaub or Garrard could get him. :thinking:

JCTexan
06-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Manning is one of the best QB's in the game. Hard not to pick him here.

b0ng
06-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Manning is one of the best QB's in the game. Hard not to pick him here.

That's pretty much what I figured as well here, but you never know. I think the interesting polls will end up being the OL poll, the DL poll, and the WR poll. But that's just me.

Brando
06-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately we are in a divsion with one of the best QB's(Peyton Manning) of all time.

ChampionTexan
06-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I can't really believe that anybody would legitimately select anybody other than Peyton. He's HOF bound, and still in the prime (late prime?) of his career. Nobody else in the division has even started two full seasons.

What may have been more interesting is to have a poll voting on the 2nd best QB in the division - and just to stir the pot, you could have included Sage in Mannings place.

b0ng
06-07-2008, 12:23 PM
What may have been more interesting is to have a poll voting on the 2nd best QB in the division - and just to stir the pot, you could have included Sage in Mannings place.

You know, there's a special place in hell reserved for you.

GuerillaBlack
06-07-2008, 12:33 PM
This shouldn't even be a contest...

It is easily Vince Young.

Double Barrel
06-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Manning will be the best in the AFC South until he retires. An old PM is better than any of the other three in their prime. He's HoF without even thinking about it.

b0ng
06-07-2008, 12:50 PM
It seems that at least the Texans fans are pretty unbiased when it comes to QB'ing. We all know who the best in the division is, and he doesn't wear steel blue and battle red. I'll leave this poll open for the rest of today and I'll start a new one tommorrow. What unit would you guys like to see get ranked? I'm thinking either defensive lines, or offensive lines. Something much more muddled than the QB's.

ChampionTexan
06-07-2008, 12:51 PM
You know, there's a special place in hell reserved for you.

Aw C'mon - it's the low-point of the year. Draft 6 weeks ago, TC is 6 or 7 weeks away - gotta do something to keep it interesting.

Seriously, I love both Schaub and Sage, but completely agree with the Teams decision that Schaub is the clear and undisputed starter. Just need to have him healthy all season.

Goldensilence
06-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I think PM will decline, but I don't see anybody else catching up to him this year. By 2009, either Schaub or Garrard could get him. :thinking:

Garrard? Not even close. I see Schaub as a Hasselbeck type of guy.

No one is going to catch him even after he retires in our division.

SheTexan
06-07-2008, 01:09 PM
A no brainer, IMO! 100% PM, for now anyway.

b0ng
06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Aw C'mon - it's the low-point of the year. Draft 6 weeks ago, TC is 6 or 7 weeks away - gotta do something to keep it interesting.

Seriously, I love both Schaub and Sage, but completely agree with the Teams decision that Schaub is the clear and undisputed starter. Just need to have him healthy all season.

I was just messing, but honestly, if it wasn't such a beaten to death subject, I probably would've done it that way. But there's other units that I think will probably be landslides as well. I mean, when I do the RB's poll, I think the Jacksonville RB combo of Taylor/Jones-Drew is probably going to win in a landslide as well. I'll keep all the polls the same so that way other teams fans won't feel left out, and we'll consider everybody. I wish there was a way to post something similar to a poll, but have everybody rank the players instead, and then the average of everybody's rankings is displayed as how the Texans fans think the QB's in the South rank in order.

But I don't think we have that software here.

HJam72
06-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Don't you people know you're s'posed ta be homers? :fans:

b0ng
06-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Don't you people know you're s'posed ta be homers? :fans:

Homer picks would probably go over better in this poll (http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50916)

The Pencil Neck
06-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I was just over on the Jag's site and there was a poll for strongest team in the league. Of course, they had the Jag's as the hands down best.

I really want to sweep them again this year.

ObsiWan
06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Manning is the top QB in the division...
but
One does wonder what Garrard could do with A.J./K.W. or Wayne/Harrison to throw to.
....or Kubiak coaching him up
....or Tom Matte planning his offense