PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Player for 09

J-Russ
06-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Who do you think will make the most impact next year that didn't have that much last year, whether its by injuries, rookie wall, didn't get much playing time for most season, etc.

TEXANRED
06-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Schaub. I think he will throw for over 3500 yards and double digit TD's.

b0ng
06-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Okoye. He looked hungry last year. This year ought to be something.

Thorn
06-06-2008, 06:45 PM
09? Isn't that next year?

For this year I'll take Mario or Okoye. Next year I'll take the same.

It would be totally cool to have two or three reps from our team make the defensive line all stars.

J-Russ
06-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Well, I meant 08-09 season, my fault. And Mario already had his breakout season last year so I left him off.

Well, I chose Matt Schaub for my MIP. I truly believe he has the skills and the players around him this year to atleast be in the top 10 QB category.

ATXtexanfan
06-06-2008, 07:09 PM
okoye, the kid will become a man

b0ng
06-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, I meant 08-09 season, my fault. And Mario already had his breakout season last year so I left him off.

Well, I chose Matt Schaub for my MIP. I truly believe he has the skills and the players around him this year to atleast be in the top 10 QB category.

Some KFFL piece on Schaub that seems pretty unbiased (http://www.kffl.com/article.php/90723/512)

Figured you would like that. It's a fantasy article but does have it's on-field merits.

J-Russ
06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Some KFFL piece on Schaub that seems pretty unbiased (http://www.kffl.com/article.php/90723/512)

Figured you would like that. It's a fantasy article but does have it's on-field merits.

Thanks for the article. I hope he can stay healthy through the 08 season, so he can be view as a legit starting QB around the league. I have no doubt he can produce at a high rate, as long as his line holds up and he has a decent running game.

b0ng
06-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the article. I hope he can stay healthy through the 08 season, so he can be view as a legit starting QB around the league. I have no doubt he can produce at a high rate, as long as his line holds up and he has a decent running game.

I think if the Texans end up with a running game then he will get harassed less and less as the O-line begins clicking more.

Even with all that Okoye could easily help the defense improve from 22 to top 15 or even 10. That'd be such a jump he'd almost have to be most improved. The offense was already in the top 12, they'd have to pass up the likes of SD, Indy and Boston to really get elite. Maybe next year.

DocBar
06-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm going to go with Diles. He's a 7th rounder and Kubes has RAVED about the guy. Okoye is a 1st rounder with an impressive rookie season behind him, so he SHOULD improve and be a differencce maker. I like the underdog angle with Diles. I really like the LB squad on paper. I can't wait to see them in action.

rmartin65
06-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I say Jacoby Jones. He has the athleticism, and he looked good in pre-season. The injury really set him back, but this year I expect a good year. At least 600 precieving yards and 4 TD's, along with 3 PR TD's.

Corrosion
06-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I went with Bennet ..... He had a solid rookie year , has size and speed to match up with any reciever .

Linemen tend to take a couple seasons and Okoye is still kinda young , I expect him to make a steady improvement over several seasons but no big jumps.

Schaub .... I think what we saw from him last season when he was healthy is what we get from him again.

Jacoby Jones has a load of talent .... I hope he learned from his offseason mistakes and concentrates on football rather rather than other things. He's another guy who I think will have a steady long term development .

Ahman Green ..... He's not the same back he was in GB and never will be . (I had posted some stats in another thread , dont have time to dig them up)He'll need to make a real improvement just to stay on the roster.

Zach Diles is one of those guy's that just seems to find a way .... Something to be said for a 7th rounder who's going to stick around in the NFL for a while.

Will Demps Pro Bowl Alternate ? ..... I musta missed it . Upgrade over G.Earl but I dunno about making a big leap .

Brandon420tx
06-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I put others for the entire O-Line.

BigBull17
06-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Zach Diles. He is hungry and taking advice from Demeco. He works hard and will beat out who ever to be a solid contributer.

J-Russ
06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Btw guys, this is most improved from last years performance, not their career.

So for ex. I might pick Ahman if I think he'll stay healthy and produce over a 1,000 on 4.2 ypc, since he only played in 3 games and have like 250 yards on 3.7 yards avg from last year.

The Pencil Neck
06-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I went with Jacoby because, although I think a lot of those other guys are going to have great years, I think Jacoby might just break out this year. He was injured for most of last year and he never really recovered. He tried to play through it and it just screwed us up.

The word in training camp is that he's really showing some great flashes. So I think he might have a huge breakout season.

Of course, if he has a big breakout season, that means our QB is going to be doing pretty well, too.

Showtime100
06-07-2008, 06:45 AM
I took Okoye. Ahman certainly has room for the most improvement, but like the others I just don't see anything left in the guy.

Giant Tiger
06-07-2008, 08:25 AM
I put others for the entire O-Line.

Me too. I want to see them push back the defense. Especially in short yardage situations:aggressive:

b0ng
06-07-2008, 09:22 AM
The word in training camp is that he's really showing some great flashes. So I think he might have a huge breakout season.

For just a second, and only because it's the morning and I had to wake up early, I really really thought training camp was going on. . .:gun:

July 24th cannot get here fast enough.

The Pencil Neck
06-07-2008, 03:46 PM
For just a second, and only because it's the morning and I had to wake up early, I really really thought training camp was going on. . .:gun:

July 24th cannot get here fast enough.

Pick, pick, pick. OTA's and Mini-camp. My bad. :headhurts:

TexanBacker93
06-08-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm going to go with Diles. He's a 7th rounder and Kubes has RAVED about the guy. Okoye is a 1st rounder with an impressive rookie season behind him, so he SHOULD improve and be a differencce maker. I like the underdog angle with Diles. I really like the LB squad on paper. I can't wait to see them in action.

I have to agree. Besides, the guy barely saw the field last season and he's penciled in as the starter. If that continues he'll see some good time.

TheRealJoker
06-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I picked Jacoby, talent wise he's 2nd only to AJ in our WR corps. He's got special qualities, elite size/speed combo. If his head can catch up to his skills he can be a great playmaker for us at WR and on special teams as a PR like we saw last preseason.

Okoye was a close 2nd but I think the jump for Jacoby will be bigger than Okoye's jump. If however Okoye plays at an elite level then I think our defense as a whole will play at an elite level. We've seen how much difference a defense plays with/without an elite DT like Haynesworth and Tommie Harris in a game. It can literally change the entire makeup of the defense.

V3rm0nt3r
06-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I voted Jacoby. Coming into last year the majority of us thought that his rookie season would be filled with highlight reel moments. Now going into his 2nd year the term "deep threat" has been thrown around and, if AJ, Walter, and OD can remain healthy, he could see a few bombs come his way, JJ is the vote.

Buffi2
06-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I voted Jacoby. I read that he is now studying the playbook - good thinking. I also think that the coaches have told him that not playing up to his potential = not playing period. I think he has matured enough this past year and has decided that football is more important than his other activities.

Bennet is a close second. I think he is going to be awesome this year.:lion:

barrett
06-08-2008, 02:07 PM
i voted amobi but i should have voted jacoby because amobi was half way productive. i expect him to be much better. jones on the other hand was pretty much useless (after he got hurt) so i'd expect him to improve much more than amobi will. simply because okoye has already played well.

ChrisG
06-08-2008, 11:33 PM
id say Jones, may not see him on every play at WR but i want to see what this guy can really do at PR

GuerillaBlack
06-08-2008, 11:38 PM
1. Matt Schaub
2. Amobi Okoye
3. Jacoby Jones

For me.

dalemurphy
06-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Brandon Harrison.
Kasey Studdard
Jacoby Jones
Eric Winston
Chester Pitts
Anthony Weaver

ObsiWan
06-09-2008, 06:37 AM
No votes for Chris Taylor.....
interesting.
Is it that you guys don't think he'll make the final 53 or what?

disaacks3
06-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm hoping it's Jacoby Jones - I hope the small-school jitters (and injury worries) are a thing of the past.

Schaub - If he stays healthy, it's a given.

Amobi - He was already 'ascendant' - I'm not expecting a Mario-like change in impact, but just below that level.

Specnatz
06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I figured at least one of the ladies here would have voted for Rico Suave`.

:specnatz:

Seņor Stan
06-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I voted Jacoby Jones.

I hope we get the 2007 Pre Season version in the 2008 Regular Season.

SOLIS
06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I voted for Jacoby for one simple reason -
He's talent-laden for sure and after last season's disappointing year, I think he stands to "improve" the most.