PDA

View Full Version : Replay:Texans versus Cleveland 11/25/07

Wolf
05-29-2008, 03:26 PM
nfl network sunday 3 pm

Houston Texans vs. Cleveland Browns (11/25/07) - Derek Anderson leads the Browns past the Texans as Cleveland improves to 7-4, keeping pace in the AFC playoff race.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=06/01/2008&field=selectedDate

just an update for those missing football

Wolf
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
oops this sunday at 3 pm

Texan_Bill
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM
oops this sunday at 3 pm

No worries. I think the Texans missed the time of that game too.. :(

NBT
05-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks. Good information for those of us who are feeling pro footbal deprived right about now.

They were pretty beatup by that game.

El Tejano
05-29-2008, 03:35 PM
How is this game one of the best of the 2007 season? I know even Brown fans would say that wasn't one of the best of the 07 season.

How come NFL network never shows our game against Denver?

I know I sound like a whiny fan but I'd like to see our game with us winning too.

Wolf
05-29-2008, 03:39 PM
How is this game one of the best of the 2007 season? I know even Brown fans would say that wasn't one of the best of the 07 season.

I know I sound like a whiny fan but I'd like to see our game with us winning too.

are they doing it by the week? I thought i heard "best of week 12" but could be wrong, I was just excited the Texans were playing

if it is by the week Denver-Houston better be on sometime later

schedule only goes to june 1st
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedMonth=June&field=selectedMonth&selectedDate=05%2F29%2F2008

Brando
05-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks. Good information for those of us who are feeling pro footbal deprived right about now.

They were pretty beatup by that game.

We did have our highlights. Seems like we went up 7-0 with a Schaub to Walter TD. If OD doesn't cough up the football we could have gotten back into the game. I'll be watching as the off-season to long. It is getting shorter at least.

alphajoker
05-30-2008, 01:05 PM

They show the best games from each week of the season...we'll have to wait till week 15 if they show the Denver ass whipping the Texans gave.

ObsiWan
05-30-2008, 01:42 PM
I doubt they show the Denver game.
No drama.
They like to show the games that went down to the wire or where somebody set a record, like when Peterson went for 200 yds.

adam
05-30-2008, 01:48 PM
I doubt they show the Denver game.
No drama.
They like to show the games that went down to the wire or where somebody set a record, like when Peterson went for 200 yds.

Well, there's the whole Kubiak returning to Denver to take on Shanahan during prime time thing. Mario also put up 3.5 sacks in that game. I don't see a reason (outside of media hatred of the Texans) that the game wouldn't be replayed.

Wolf
05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/scores?season=2007&week=Week+15

week 15 and all games played

saints and cards was a high scoring game

dolphins finally win one over ravens

Big Lou
05-31-2008, 11:43 AM
That game was Bulls**t!!

That first turnover , the deflection out of Owen's hands was due to pass interference. That should have been a Texans first down not a turn over. There was some other terrible call I can't recall that really changed the momentum.

I consider that game a win for the officials. The Texans were 9 and 7 last year in my book!!!!!

I can't wait until all the Cleveland hype ends when they end up 6 and 10 in 2009!!!!

SOLIS
05-31-2008, 12:04 PM
I hated that game.

We couldn't stop the run in the second half. They pounded the ball down the field, controlled the clock, and pretty much wore out our front four.

Check out this excerpt from
the Browns second drive of the third quater:
1-10-CLE 42 (12:21) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 43 for 15 yards (34-V.Hutchins, 32-F.Bennett).
1-10-HOU 43 (11:24) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 38 for 5 yards (59-D.Ryans).
2-5-HOU 38 (11:03) 29-J.Wright right tackle to HOU 28 for 10 yards (56-M.Greenwood).
1-10-HOU 28 (10:22) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 23 for 5 yards (32-F.Bennett).
2-5-HOU 23 (9:44) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 13 for 10 yards (34-V.Hutchins).
1-10-HOU 13 (8:57) 29-J.Wright right guard to HOU 10 for 3 yards (24-C.Brown, 96-E.Cochran).

They ran the ball six plays straight without even sniffing 3rd down. 48 straight yards on the ground. Although they only got a field goal out of that drive, it was the turning point in the game.

Man, I was pissed...

Drew_Smoke
05-31-2008, 12:10 PM
I like the game replays.

The only thing I wish NFLN would do is just list the game "Texans @ Browns Nov, 25,2007" only. I have to try to look away before they show the results. Obviously I know the result of this game, but not the others that will air.

My kid love the Manning boys. I know... I know...she gets it from her mama....what can I do?

Anyway...they ran the big Indy comeback on MNF vs Tampa the other night. I lied to her and told her it was the first "spring pre-season game" and laughed at the Colts losing so bad. When they came back and won she was all in my face. Then I showed her the listing that said it was from 2000....lol

b0ng
05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I hated that game.

We couldn't stop the run in the second half. They pounded the ball down the field, controlled the clock, and pretty much wore out our front four.

1-10-CLE 42 (12:21) 31-J.Lewis left guard to HOU 43 for 15 yards (34-V.Hutchins, 32-F.Bennett).
2-5-HOU 38 (11:03) 29-J.Wright right tackle to HOU 28 for 10 yards (56-M.Greenwood).
1-10-HOU 28 (10:22) 31-J.Lewis right tackle to HOU 23 for 5 yards (32-F.Bennett).
1-10-HOU 13 (8:57) 29-J.Wright right guard to HOU 10 for 3 yards (24-C.Brown, 96-E.Cochran).

They ran the ball six plays straight without even sniffing 3rd down. 48 straight yards on the ground. Although they only got a field goal out of that drive, it was the turning point in the game.

Man, I was pissed...

Yep, pretty much our inability to stop jamal lewis in the 2nd half when they had a lead is what killed us. Also, AJ had a very off game as well (Leigh Bodden was the one doing the covering on him I beleive).

Vinny
05-31-2008, 02:01 PM
To me, stopping the run is the key to this unit being able to protect our young secondary. If we can't stop the run any better than this we will have a team that looks alot like the Cardinals of the last few years. Good enough to be around .500 but not good enough contend in the playoffs.

Maddict5
06-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Yep, pretty much our inability to stop jamal lewis in the 2nd half when they had a lead is what killed us. Also, AJ had a very off game as well (Leigh Bodden was the one doing the covering on him I beleive).

i think it was brandon macdonald actually... i seem to remember browns fans raving about their rookie afterwards

AnthonyE
06-01-2008, 04:31 PM
It's on right now.

Wow, judging by the first quarter you would think that the outcome of the game would have been a lot different. We were dominating.

Didn't see the other thread. lol

Carr Bombed
06-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I can't do it......I just watched the first half of the replay and it reminded me of how many points we left on the field, Houston should've put that game away early. It just made me sick watching it all over again, I had to turn it off.

Texans_Chick
06-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I hated that game.

Man, I was pissed...

Perhaps the reason why the staff is pushing along Frank Okam quickly.

AnthonyE
06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Oops, didn't see this thread. Will someone merge mine to this one?

alphajoker
06-01-2008, 08:41 PM
To me, stopping the run is the key to this unit being able to protect our young secondary. If we can't stop the run any better than this we will have a team that looks alot like the Cardinals of the last few years. Good enough to be around .500 but not good enough contend in the playoffs.

Hopefully, Okam will be the key to stopping the run that this team needs.

ATXtexanfan
06-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Hopefully, Okam will be the key to stopping the run that this team needs.

okam and tj could be a nice run stuffing dt duo

El Tejano
06-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Sounds like this game is what proves Kubiak's statements of we have a long way to go and not celebrating about 8-8. We have to remember games like this where we didn't stop the run and overcome the bad officiating to pull out a winnable game.

HOU-TEX
06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Did we win this time around? :specnatz:

Turnovers cost us this game. :gun:

Cjeremy635
06-02-2008, 10:03 AM
It was nice to watch the game yesterday, even though I knew we were going to lose. I BBQ'ed some steaks, shish-ka-bobs, fingerling potatoes on skewers, and some stuffed jalapeno peppers with sausage, cheese, and wrapped with bacon. I also cooked some Bush's grilling beans (man I love those things). We sat down to our feast and watched the game, my blood still gets boiling as if I'm watching it in real time. That was a really winable game, as were others, we just beat ourselves with some key mistakes. I'm hoping we can correct those items this season and improve our wins by a couple (I'm being realistic).
This season can't come fast enough, but I know it will be here before we know it. It's already June and we've only got rougly 10 weeks until preseason. It'll be here in the blink of an eye. (then it's bow season, yeah)

SOLIS
06-02-2008, 10:46 AM
okam and tj could be a nice run stuffing dt duo

Personally I'm hoping for a Okam/Okoye pairing myself. One big body to fill gaps and one with quicks to pressure the QB.

Vinny
06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Personally I'm hoping for a Okam/Okoye pairing myself. One big body to fill gaps and one with quicks to pressure the QB.

Okam is the new hope as the guy to keep the second level Guard off DeMeco. TJ and Okoye struggle with this.

beerlover
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
tuned in for about one minute, watched Schuab dump ball over middle 8 yards into a crowd, very high risk low reward decision, ball was tipped then intercepted just off the carpet, some ugliness in attempted tackling & faltered mid-field possession.

one thing that really bothers me is our QB inabiltiy to pull down the ball & bootleg for leftovers when a play is broken. better decisions, more athletic play & Texans should win these games 9 out of 10 times.

adam
06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Our defense in this game was pathetic. To many cases of playing off and staying home led too a lot of yards given up, especially to the running game. They let Jamal Lewis dominate this game, and it was pathetic.

It was also one of Schaub's worst performances as a starter. He was putting very little zip into his passes, which resulted in a lot of floaters. Then you had Owen Daniels playing the role of butterfingers, yet again.

It's watching the Texans play like that that reminds me of how far we have to go to be a true playoff contender.

thunderkyss
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
tuned in for about one minute, watched Schuab dump ball over middle 8 yards into a crowd, very high risk low reward decision, ball was tipped then intercepted just off the carpet, some ugliness in attempted tackling & faltered mid-field possession.

one thing that really bothers me is our QB inabiltiy to pull down the ball & bootleg for leftovers when a play is broken. better decisions, more athletic play & Texans should win these games 9 out of 10 times.

I want to agree with this, for the most part. I know some guys don't want to hear it, but Sage is much better at making something out of nothing than Schaub is. Take it for what it's worth.

But again, like it's been said in this thread, there were a lot of things that woulda, coulda, shoulda won this game for us. We've got a lot of things to work on.

thunderkyss
06-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Perhaps the reason why the staff is pushing along Frank Okam quickly.

You mean the svelt 330 pound Okam?? we'll see. I was excited about the signing, but now, I don't know.

Anyone see Robaire Smith Playing the Nose?? Why in the world did we have him at DE, and Seth playing Nose Tackle?? Should've been the other way around.

& Antwoine's sack?? That was nice no?? I mean I'd still like for him to be on this team and all, and I hate that he sacked our QB, but, I hope things work out for him in Cleveland.

Pantherstang84
06-02-2008, 02:56 PM

I don't think you can really lay this game at the foot of one player. The whole team pretty much stunk up the joint.

BigWig
06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Beleive it or not I watched this game because my wife said" Hey lets watch some football and make it feel like fall".
Partly because its been over 100 here, and she does like to watch football once in awhile, and becaue I got to drink beer also!

ojthecat
06-03-2008, 11:29 AM
I still cant believe the call when Anderson is clearly two yards past the line when he throws the ball and they dont call it. That one call clearly had a huge impact on the game. :kingkong:

NBT
06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I heartily agree with that. Okam needs to be the real deal for us to get better in the run defense.

aj.
06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Beleive it or not I watched this game because my wife said" Hey lets watch some football and make it feel like fall".
Partly because its been over 100 here, and she does like to watch football once in awhile, and becaue I got to drink beer also!

I've said a few times... you know, there's something about that Mrs. Big Wig that I really like and now it all makes sense.

Okam is a different design than TJ -- far better potential at the 0 or 1 and that's why he was drafted because of our weakness there.

As far as the road games, I think Atlanta pissed me off the most in terms of all around failure and blown potential.

texasguy346
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
As far as the road games, I think Atlanta pissed me off the most in terms of all around failure and blown potential.

Got to agree with you there. Getting lit up by Joey Harrington had to be the low point of the season. Going into that game I think most had that marked as a win even though it was a road game.

NBT
06-06-2008, 05:09 PM

Smack on Vinnie. If we improve our run defense, it will make the job of the secondary a lot easier. That is why I am watching how well Okam does. For someone drafted in the 5th round, we are sure going to be depending on him.