PDA

View Full Version : I love speed.

badboy
05-28-2008, 12:19 PM
My Maserati does 185- Joe Walsh
My 1BAD BOY does 120- me.

Now the Texans are playing up to my interests. Lets talk about speed.

There is our pride and joy Andre Johnson. Last pre-season, JJ showed us some "scoot". Andre Davis has a new contract and should fly like an eagle.

Steve (super slick) Slaton will have DBs scratching heads and muttering "where did he go? Oh, there he is in the end zone!"

Duane Brown 40 time 5.09 pretty fast for a LT!

Brandon Mitchell safety 40 time 4.42 http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=297I want to see this guy in coverage.

And word is CB Jacques Reeves can run a bit also.

Antwaun Molden 4.39? http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/antwaunmolden.html

Somebody better pull this team over before we get a speeding ticket.

threetoedpete
05-28-2008, 12:31 PM
The key to Davis is staying healthy. The Key to double S is the will to stick his nose in where angels wouldn't tread and getting bloodied. We'll see.

badboy
05-28-2008, 12:35 PM
The key to Davis is staying healthy. The Key to double S is the will to stick his nose in where angels wouldn't tread and getting bloodied. We'll see.
This would be true if he was going up the middle, but I see him on slants and end arounds, mis-directional plays etc. Sure he can get hurt anywhere on the field as can any player. I think I am really gonna like this guy. I was not a fan pre- draft, but as a 3rd rounder? Whoosh!

ObsiWan
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM

I doubt Marciano will let Slaton stay out there if he doesn't show the 'nads for the job.

El Tejano
05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Okay!!!!

threetoedpete
05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Sooner or later one of the coaches in our division will send six at them. Double S will have to block it correctly. I'll save my dancing in the streets when I've actually seen him do it on the field. My guess is, he'll be inactive the first game.

Hooston Texan
05-28-2008, 01:03 PM
This would be true if he was going up the middle, but I see him on slants and end arounds, mis-directional plays etc. Sure he can get hurt anywhere on the field as can any player. I think I am really gonna like this guy. I was not a fan pre- draft, but as a 3rd rounder? Whoosh!

They don't mean running--blocking is the key. The RB is the quarterback's personal protector against the blitz. If Slaton cannot read and appropriately react to a blitz, then our QBs will get killed. And by "reacting to a blitz", I mean sticking your nose directly in the path of a lethally fast 240-pound linebacker. I don't care how good a runner he is; at this level, if he cannot pick up the blitz, we cannot afford to play him.

Fortunately, Slaton has the benefit of a teammate who is one of the all-time greats at pass protection. Brett Farve owes much of his late-career durability to Ahman Green's prowess at keeping angry linebackers off him. Hopefully, Slaton can learn all of Green's tricks.

Cjeremy635
05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Sorry.....I thought this was a coke thread, but then I realized it is in the wrong section.

Carry on fellow message boarders.......carry on.

:cool:

MedicCook
05-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Sorry.....I thought this was a coke thread, but then I realized it is in the wrong section.

Carry on fellow message boarders.......carry on.

:cool:

Same here.

badboy
05-28-2008, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=badboy;926569]

They don't mean running--blocking is the key. The RB is the quarterback's personal protector against the blitz. If Slaton cannot read and appropriately react to a blitz, then our QBs will get killed. And by "reacting to a blitz", I mean sticking your nose directly in the path of a lethally fast 240-pound linebacker. I don't care how good a runner he is; at this level, if he cannot pick up the blitz, we cannot afford to play him.

Fortunately, Slaton has the benefit of a teammate who is one of the all-time greats at pass protection. Brett Farve owes much of his late-career durability to Ahman Green's prowess at keeping angry linebackers off him. Hopefully, Slaton can learn all of Green's tricks.Just curious, how often will we have a one back set? Did we not often employ a full back on many of our running plays? Will there be a time that a blitz will be called? Certainly. However, with a better O line and Schaub's ability to get rid of ball, hopefully there will be infrequent need for SS to block a LB. I'd be surprised Gibbs went along with the selection of Slaton if he thought his QB would be Carred.

barrett
05-28-2008, 06:40 PM
where do the coke threads normally go?

we have normal coke threads?

i'm the only one posting on this board at 4 am usually.

b0ng
05-28-2008, 08:04 PM

Dr. Pepper 4 life yo

ObsiWan
05-28-2008, 09:01 PM

http://francie.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/snl2.jpg

"No Coke. Pepsi."

TexansLucky13
05-28-2008, 09:05 PM
The cops will be at your door shortly, badboy.

:tease:

kiwitexansfan
05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
How long would a thread about 'speed' actually last on the boards before the Mods delete it do you reckon?

painekiller
05-29-2008, 01:50 AM
How long would a thread about 'speed' actually last on the boards before the Mods delete it do you reckon?

Less time then the much missed Babes thread.:jogger:

kiwitexansfan
05-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Less time then the much missed Babes thread.:jogger:

This babes thread??

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46371

The Mods taketh away and the Mods giveth back