PDA

View Full Version : 400 bikes

Xetuoh1836
05-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Looks like the PR dept. at Wal*Mart realized the trainwreck that the (former?) mgr. at the Fla. area store created over water and ice for A.Johnson's charity event.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5791031.html

BigTimeTexanFan
05-20-2008, 12:26 PM
It's too bad that something that was intended to be so generous turned into such a nightmare all because one employee made an ill advised decision. At least they are attempting to make up for it.

Goldensilence
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
First they couldn't provide the bikes which I thought shipping and being in stock was a Walmart trademark. After that short coming the revoke the ice after they fail. What could water and ice have cost them? For a company that could use a public image boost they sure don't seem to get it.

My curious mind is dying to know how high that call went up because its so easy to cut that off at a local store manager.

Malloy
05-20-2008, 05:02 PM
PR nightmare. I'm glad I'm not in charge of making Walmart look good... that's a tough job indeed :)

NitroGSXR
05-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Train wreck or not, the kids are getting over 334 (didn't they initially come up 76 short from the order of 750?) more bicycles than expected. I'm happy for the kids. Sometimes bad things have to happen for good things to happen.

Still going to shop at Wal-Mart and Sam's though. Bicycle donation or not, they're cheaper and I don't make enough money to go to the fancy Krogers out there yet. I don't buy goods there though. Not too often. Quality matters but food is food. Oh well. I guess I'm unamerican since I don't make worlds of money.

I'm really happy the kids are getting more bicycles. 334 more!! It's 'bout thuh kids ain't it? Let's not lose sight of that.